Replies

• Eldorian
    129 posts Member
    Options
    Why was my post on TW mats deleted? Why did the TW rewards change mid-war?
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for updating the economy. I’ll futz around this Conquest and give more feedback.

One bit I can tell you right now, though? Oh, man, always, always, always have at least one Light and one Dark omicron. Folks are going to be BIG MAD about that. It doesn’t matter to me because light or dark is all the same in this fame except for a TB and the energy nodes we all sim, but I’m the outlier here. Folks are going to be STEAMED.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    When you say, "We’ve been listening to your feedback and will be adjusting the Datacron economy a bit to make it easier for you to acquire Datacrons and their upgrade materials. We will continue to monitor feedback and progression of this feature through set 2 and adjust accordingly."

Does that include the fact that most of us don't want datacrons at all? Oh, it doesn't? Shocker. Most of what I've seen is that people don't really don't like them and don't want them.

Unfortunately it makes things worse.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Community: We want X
    CG: We heard you, we're paying attention to you. We're helping the players, here's Y.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options
    Community: We want X
    CG: We heard you, we're paying attention to you. We're helping the players, here's Y.

Well Y is almost X. Only a little line is missing. Seems like a good compromise
  • EgoSlayer
    140 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Feedback: If you're going to reuse the icons for the materials of the different datacrons just changing the color isn't enough. The icons should be rotated 45/90 degrees with each iteration so that they are visibly different for all the interface views and solves any potential visual color differentiation issues.
  • strafeSS
    201 posts Member
    Options
    Datacrons are a dumpster fire that are engulfing the game. Must be an alcohol fire because CG can’t seem to see it.
  • Options
    Anybody had their store reset yet and knows if the datacron store still provides set 1 reroll materials?
  • Options
    Datacrons are the worst thing to come to the game. CG, if you even bother to listen, how about making Datacrons not work on GL's ?
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    If you insist on giving us this garbage and calling it fun then at the least get rid of RNG entirely.
    It’s always been the one thing that stank so much but I can see why you needed it since you can’t make things at reasonable playing level.
    So now that you completely wasted years of gearing-modding- farming all the right elements to make counters work with datacrons the. You owe it to all of us to at least take that stupid stupid RNG out of this game finally, once and for all.
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    I'm very divided about the new mat income change. While more income sounds better it makes datacrons more prominent and also increase the number of ppl who are willing to spend to push them up a notch. It'll be more of a mess.
  • Options
    CG I'm going to continue to request this because we need it. Post the weighted roll % chances. We need to know how you've altered the chances of rolling things since you've already declared it's not a level playing field when you hit that roll or reroll button.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    When you say, "We’ve been listening to your feedback and will be adjusting the Datacron economy a bit to make it easier for you to acquire Datacrons and their upgrade materials. We will continue to monitor feedback and progression of this feature through set 2 and adjust accordingly."

Does that include the fact that most of us don't want datacrons at all? Oh, it doesn't? Shocker. Most of what I've seen is that people don't really don't like them and don't want them.

How does it make things worse? Genuine question, not rhetorical. When I read through it the changes looked fine—maybe not as far as they should go, but they can add more income later; if they over-corrected and had to scale back income later it would be a huge debacle.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    CG, I got a few suggestions/comments:

First, Can future datacron sets not give bonuses to GLs (at least the level 9 bonuses)? I feel that it really waters down datacrons by focusing entirely on galactic legend teams, it would be better if bonuses were a little bit more calm and maybe applied to people that would go well on GL teams instead (for example, could have had a GK bonus instead of a JMK bonus that would make JMK better without forcing the farm for a GL datacron)

Second, Since you are going to give out set 1 mats to those players that accidentally got set 2 mats, are you going to take away their set 2 mats, or are you going to give everyone set 2 mats as well? Seems like a bummer that they get a head start towards the set 2 while people that logged in a little earlier in the day get ripped off.

Third, can you please provide more ways to obtain mats outside of conquest farming, possibly adding them to cantina nodes or something as a low drop rate (but not as low as omicron mats please)
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

How does it make things worse? Genuine question, not rhetorical. When I read through it the changes looked fine—maybe not as far as they should go, but they can add more income later; if they over-corrected and had to scale back income later it would be a huge debacle.

It's worse because the more of these things are out there the more of an annoying/impossible slog TW and GAC become.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Whatelse73
    2168 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Because the datacron economy is only a part of the overall issue with datacrons. They purposely give GL's extra benefits. The abilities are excessively and stupidly overpowered. The stats they give are stupidly and excessively overpowered. They EXPIRE and you lose the investment you put into them. Once this "season" expires, any materials you had for this season go bye bye as well. They are temporary omicrons, but if you have omicrons those have become rubbish compared to these stupid datacrons. No piece of gear should be giving any team 400, 500, 600% of any stat and datacrons are doing that IF you get the right RNG. Our Permanent rosters, zetas, mods, omicrons, etc., are all now irrelevant because of datacrons. If you get the right datacrons, you're going to destroy anything. No more theorycrafting, no more strategies. If you get the "good" datacrons, you win. With a temporary omicron.

Most of all, they are listening to us, but they aren't HEARING us. Not to mention, they're doing fixes for datacrons, but the state of the Gearlaxy they talked about 6 months ago appears to have been omitted from their priorities.

As was mentioned by Brewer, we want X and they give us Y. As in: "Why are you mad at us? Just shut up and buy datacron stuff and be happy! Look we're fixing this one thing, so it's fine now!"
  • Recurve
    97 posts Member
    Options
    CG nerfs all characters with ignore armor abilities because they are too powerful, Just to re add armor penetration of 70-100% on the last roll of the new datacons...

You could get over 100% extra physical /special damage if rolled right as well.. it is just absurd and breaks the game for competitiveness and takes the fun out of it.

Not to mention this already benefits top end rosters due to the soft cap of the entire team needing full relic 3/5 teams. I'm just below 8mil GP but a lot of my teams I use are not fully relic as 1 or 2 members are gear 12 etc because we are still waiting for the gear economy changes that were stated to happen.
  • Options
    The decision to tweak datacrons is potentially good news, it shows us that there’s not enough player engagement in this and by trying to increase the drops CG is hoping that more junkies will get hooked on this to get more engagement. Hopefully for us that will not happen and datacrons will get scrapped after this first quarter.
  • Jos33680
    122 posts Member
    Options
    Datacron mechanics are the pinacle of game development/balance lazyness.

You want a mecanic for your team ? You can "maybe" have it if you put ressources on it.

In next versions we could have sith faction obtaining the high groud at lvl 9 ... who knows ... this is lego star wars now :)
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    The decision to tweak datacrons is potentially good news, it shows us that there’s not enough player engagement in this and by trying to increase the drops CG is hoping that more junkies will get hooked on this to get more engagement. Hopefully for us that will not happen and datacrons will get scrapped after this first quarter.

While it shows that the engagement is low, it also shows cg will keep pushing them. Even with no extra farming, they disrupt the balance for end game players even more. i.e. you put your highest cron'ed teams on defense, so will your opponent. Welcome a much more stale match where full board clears are a thing of the past.
  • Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »

While it shows that the engagement is low, it also shows cg will keep pushing them. Even with no extra farming, they disrupt the balance for end game players even more. i.e. you put your highest cron'ed teams on defense, so will your opponent. Welcome a much more stale match where full board clears are a thing of the past.

Of course they will keep pushing it and try to force engagement. However the high level of greed from CG will ultimately work in our favour if the engagement doesn’t increase enough because even though the resources needed to develop new sets of datacrons are minimal by normal standard CG have shown us many times before that they won’t put in the smallest amount of work unless they get a ludicrous amount of leveraged return on investment.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »

Of course they will keep pushing it and try to force engagement. However the high level of greed from CG will ultimately work in our favour if the engagement doesn’t increase enough because even though the resources needed to develop new sets of datacrons are minimal by normal standard CG have shown us many times before that they won’t put in the smallest amount of work unless they get a ludicrous amount of leveraged return on investment.

I hope so, though from this point on they can just put it on autopilot of ever repetetive cycle. Even with no extra investment from all the players, 3 sets active will still have huge impact on gac/tw. It's similar to the effect of gls on matches. "stuck on a gl" becomes "stuck on a datacron gl".

There is not much we can do about it besides refraining from any investment. There is one thing cg can do though to make it interesting: no datacrons that directly or indirectly supports gl setups.
  • Jos33680
    122 posts Member
    Options
    Remove datacrons
  • Eldorian
    129 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead can you pls get us an answer to the question what happens to leftover materials when a set expires…?
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    CG, I’m wondering who’s bright idea it was to let DataCons not only work with GL’s but apply broken amounts of health steal and random abilities to make them able to take our entire GL team comps in one ultimate.

You asked for our feedback and changed the economy slightly. You didn’t listen to us. Here’s the resounding voice, STOP GIVING BONUSES TO GL’s. Enough. The RNG factor in them takes any skill away with these broken bonuses. Fix your game already my god.
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • DMG_SW
    215 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Datacrons are insanely OP on GLs. Which means people will spend resources, including money, leveling and rerolling them in an attempt to get the right rolls. There are multiple types of feedback. Repetitive rants on the forum are one type. In game sales are also a type of feedback. And judging by what I see in GAC and TB, that feedback is probably very positive from CGs perspective.

You can significantly reduce your risk of an aneurysm by realizing that CG is trying to make money. They aren't trying to build a perfectly balanced ecosystem where player's skill can be accurately measured.

PS: I believe the official forum name for them is RATACRONS.
  • Options
    Agree that the OP does enjoy shouting into the abyss.

However, I firmly agree that Datacrons shouldn't affect GLs........or GLs on defence anyway.

The current situation is a little on the ridiculous side, and certainly not helping competitive play.
This discussion has been closed.