Replies

• 12thParsec
    195 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I put up See against Rey with 3 tanks and armour. Rey got 3 ults before see second turn. She’s literally unbeatable now. The only character I can think of that can beat her is JMK and even that is a stretch. I just don’t understand the thought process of who had the idea of DCs. It’s like you want this game to die and you want the player base to be **** at you. You have literally made unbeatable teams. 2 mandatory changes need to be made take away DCs from GLs and let us keep our DCs. I feel like crying every time I put crystals into dc materials because I know it’s all going to be on in 2 months.
  • Options
    In TW, you have to get 50 banners to get rewards but bad TW matchmaking and OP datacrons can make this impossible for some of our smaller recruits or people in other time zones, especially if a few members rush in and clear the easy targets in a zone. Can you please change the requirements for getting TW rewards to reflect attempted attacks instead of 50 points? It's not fun for them to try and get nothing for their efforts and it's hard enough to recruit and maintain interest lately...
  • Whatelse73
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    In TW, you have to get 50 banners to get rewards but bad TW matchmaking and OP datacrons can make this impossible for some of our smaller recruits or people in other time zones, especially if a few members rush in and clear the easy targets in a zone. Can you please change the requirements for getting TW rewards to reflect attempted attacks instead of 50 points? It's not fun for them to try and get nothing for their efforts and it's hard enough to recruit and maintain interest lately...

Have them set enough teams on defense to get 50 banners. At the least they'll get the rewards.
  • Options
    Riffinator wrote: »
    4 LS factions bonuses and only 1 DS faction bonus being Inquisitors. Yep you've definitely been listening to us.

Great way to shove it down our throats though. Got a DS leaning roster? Here, have a bonus for a relic team most reasonable folk don't have..
  • Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    IronCross wrote: »
    I’m not sold. Making thing even more complicated along with temporary isn’t a recipe for success. A lot of people just want to get in and get out play a little while and be done. They’ve managed to force them either to do more or care less.

if you're already ignoring most of the game by "playing a little while" then it won't much affect your experience.

Yes it will. If you don’t have the time to build a Datacron set and your GAC / TW opponents do, you’ll go down in GAC rank quite a bit and/or end up contributing less in TW. And Datacrons need to be redone nearly entirely each month unlike mods or gear.

datacrons are the WORST thing to come to this game in a long while. I totally agree with you. I am considering quitting over it.

• Options
    Hello everyone!

Thank you for reaching out to me via PM, Discord, Twitter, Forums, Pigeon, Fox, etc with your questions on Datacrons!

If specific Datacron A is in a GAC lineup, can it be used in a TW as well or is it no longer available to be used?
    • Much the same as units in your roster, you can use the same Datacron in GAC and TW. The squad locks differ between both modes and can be used in each independently.

During an average set, how many datacrons will I have and be able to apply?
    • That greatly depends on how many Datacrons you collect, the difficulty of Conquest you choose, the amount of energy you focus into Conquest Bonus Battles, and your Guild bracket in Territory Wars.

Can I use a datacron on a team that has some members at relic 5, some at relic 3 and will only the members at the different relic levels get the corresponding benefits? (I.e. Relic 3 gets the level 1-3 bonuses and Relic 5 gets the level 1-6 bonuses). Or must I have my entire team at the relic level higher in order to receive any form of bonus?
    • For Stat, Alignment and Factional Bonuses, the entire squad must be at that Relic level (or higher) to activate that Datacron level. For Character-specific Bonuses, that specific Character must meet the Relic requirements in addition to all previous Bonus Mechanics being active. In the above example all members will get the bonuses from levels 1-3 because the entire squad is Relic 3 or higher.

Will rewards scale for TW? Will Guilds be able to bring less people and fight lower level Guilds to earn the same amount of rewards they should be getting at a higher level?
    • Datacron rewards change based on Guild GP and TW reward bracket, similar to other Relic materials. The higher the guild GP, the better the rewards and emphasis on winning.

How much community feedback will you (CG) take into account during the Exhibition period? What things will you be looking for from us as the users?
    • In addition to looking at all the metrics for Datacron acquisition, use, and upgrading, we will be looking at the community feedback for what is fun and what pain points are outside what we had intended.

How are the factions and characters determined for each set?
    • When figuring out which factions to focus on in each set, we want to make sure that the same factions/characters aren’t repeated within either co-existing sets or adjacent sets.

During 6/14 through 7/10 - Can you use datacrons anywhere or are you just assembling them? This indicates you cannot use them in battle until 7/11 - 9/4. Is that correct?
    • At launch they will be available for use in Territory Wars and Grand Arena allowing them to be used when those modes are active. In the near future you will be able to use them in Squad Arena as well, allowing you to use them immediately.

Will they be randomly generated or will each sector have a specific datacron? If random, will a system be in place to prevent a player from getting the same datacron in every sector?
    • At launch Datacrons drop completely blank and only roll a bonus for a particular level when that level is unlocked.

Do Datacrons have an inventory limit? If so, how many?
    30 per set

Can you clarify the terminology used in Datacrons? What are Stat Levels? What is a Bonus Stat / Bonus Mechanic?
    • Stat and Mechanic Levels simply refer to the Datacron levels that grant the corresponding type of bonus.
    • Bonus Stats are stats that apply to all members of the squad when activated. They can have a range (e.g. 10-20% Max Health).
    • Bonus Mechanics modify existing abilities or grant new abilities to the targeted members of the squad when activated.

Do Mechanics all have the same % chance to get re-rolled in a tier?
    • At launch, each Bonus Stat shares the same chance of rolling, though this may change for future sets. However, the range for the stat (e.g. 10-20%) will have an equal chance to roll within that range.
    • At launch, Bonus Mechanics have varied/weighted chances of rolling.

Are the Conquest Bonus Battles guaranteed to drop a Datacron?
    • With every success of a Bonus Battle you will earn Datacron, Datacron Currency, and/or Datacron Materials.

Are Conquest Bonus Battles repeatable with rewards?
    You betcha!

What kind of time investment is expected for datacrons?
    • We are always concerned with the amount of time required in different game modes for both Players and Guild Leaders. We will be monitoring how this affects Players and will look into ways to alleviate issues.

Why invest in something temporary?
    • Datacrons were specifically designed to not interfere with your current goals and aspirations, but rather to refresh the meta at the high end of play. We still fully expect you to be chasing that GAS or SLKR uninterrupted by this new dynamic system. In addition to that, Datacrons will allow for Players to flex their strategy and theorycrafting muscles inside of Grand Arena and Territory Wars.

What is Data-cache?
    • It’s the currency you use to upgrade your Datacrons and will persist from set to set. The current cap for this is 30,000,000.

ADDED QUESTIONS:

Is there any concern about certain Datacrons causing infinite loops? Aayla and Finn's (under JTR) Bonus Turns on Stuns and Mara Jade's CD Reduction both seem like they could cause infinite TM or even Bonus Turn loops, with maybe a few others.
    • In general, we don't want infinite loops and will intervene if necessary. Some Datacron mechanics could lead to a character or squad taking many turns in a row; most have weaknesses, though. In the example of Aayla, sure, she can continue to take bonus turns back to back, but she has to Crit (no Crit Immunity), pass a resist check (base 15% will still apply), and then not face any kind of reactive TM (e.g. Rex). So there are multiple steps at which to defend against the mechanic.

If we re-roll a datacron (i.e. Tier 9 character roll), are we guaranteed a different result than the current character?
    • Yes, but note that for Bonus Stats, you could roll the same Bonus Stat again with a different magnitude.
    • However, to get technical, you could have one Mechanic, reroll off of it to something new, and then reroll again and be presented with what was originally on there again.
    • Also note, that when you reroll, you are presented with 3 options: The original value and 2 new options.

Will datacrons lock like mods when joining GA?
    Yes
    During GA setup phase will we be able to see which datacrons our enemy has available?
    Yes
    If yes to question 1 and 2: will we be seeing the live version or the locked (please, please, please) version of the datacrons?
    The locked version

Can you use a datacron on an undersized team and will it activate the bonus ? Ie if I have an R7 wampa will he be able to go solo with a datacron ? Another example is if I have 4 characters at R5 and one at g12 (like my BB) can I just take the 4 and get the datacron bonus?
    • Yes, Datacron levels can activate when there are fewer than 5 members in the squad.

Thank you again and we look forward to you getting Datacrons in your hands.

Please feel free to leave any additional questions in the comment section below and I will try to get them answered.

dear community manager - datacrons are the worst and I'm this close to quitting over it.
  • Options
    can we please get some positive news on DataCrons. I will together with many others stop playing if this menace continues.

Do you not understand what you have done, we have been working for years to build up a roster that can handle teams and strategies that are just overthrown.

You could argue that you could just ignore them but due to the overhaul of the game the fun stuff in the game, GA and TW is no longer any fun. So instead of adding one thing, good or bad, you have removed 2 good things.

I will give it a couple of more weeks before I uninstall, and, I really would like to keep playing. Love the game in general, but this is just so stupid

make the right call, removeDatacrons NOW

thanks
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Options
    Once upon a time there were tiers for units in the game (might get some details wrong there, can’t find the original post):

1) GL+Conquest sidekick
    2) GL
    3) Conquest, Epic confrontations
    4) Legendary
    5) Marquee

Omicrons could up a unit one tier in a particular game mode.

Now Datacrons can also up a squad one tier; problem is, it creates a new S-tier on top of the GL+conquest. Usually, you get a sense of accomplishment after farming for months when you finally unlock a great unit. I didn’t get this feeling rolling a lvl 9 jmk datacron.
  • Options
    I've posted this elsewhere, will will do so here again in hopes that the devs see it. I don't think it is likely that you will get rid of datacrons, given the time and money that I imagine went into creating them. However, they need serious modifications if you want players to accept them without rage quitting. I think one of the first changes is that they should not apply to GLs and GL squads, at all. At the very least, the specific abilities granted should not apply to GLs and GL squads. I don't think among the numerous things players have been requesting over the years, is "can you please make the META teams even more powerful?" If only applicable to non-GL teams, it could be a fun way to vary up matches and theory-craft, and give some lesser used teams more viability. There's few enough counters to GLs as it is, without giving them God-like special abilities. Especially given the fact that the effects given by each datacron are random, so its pretty much just another RNG roll. Not exactly fun (at all). I believe this is the most important (and initial) change that needs to be made. Once that's done, the other kinks can probably be worked out, given enough testing time and feedback from players. Please consider this. It is a change that can be made without throwing the entire system away, which i believe will greatly reduce player hatred of them.
  • Screerider
    1360 posts Member
    Options
    Having them apply to GLs is going to be a big part of why Whales and Whale guilds will spend on DCs. I doubt it'll disappear.
  • Options
    I agree, however, I do think once DCs have been around longer, and we have more and more dismantled each month, we'll have a better jump on the new "season" than each previous one. to see how it feels in a few months when we have several dismantled each cycle.

i just dismantled all mine pre quitting after lstb. i don't want anything to do with them
  • Options
    I guess that the origin of the DC is the long lost promise to include a Relic level that would open new abilities. This is probably what happened with that. I think that doing that way would have been better, to open a Relic 10/11 that opens new abilities. I guess that the problem is that CG does not have a game mode to include such currency in - would it not have been super-cool to finally get the Death-star raid with a Relic 10/11 currency attached to it. That would create longivity and a true challenge in the game to explore.

what now has been launched is just bad, feels like - we are out of ideas but need to get money...

so sad
  • Options
    TheMammon wrote: »
    I guess that the origin of the DC is the long lost promise to include a Relic level that would open new abilities. This is probably what happened with that. I think that doing that way would have been better, to open a Relic 10/11 that opens new abilities. I guess that the problem is that CG does not have a game mode to include such currency in - would it not have been super-cool to finally get the Death-star raid with a Relic 10/11 currency attached to it. That would create longivity and a true challenge in the game to explore.

what now has been launched is just bad, feels like - we are out of ideas but need to get money...

so sad

I couldn't agree more. I've played this game since the beginning, have spent thousands of dollars, and am what I consider, to be a very good customer. But I just can't continue with this game with Datacrons. It's insulting, it's disappointing. The game has become old and stale with the same game modes repeating over and over, or "new" game modes being retools of current game modes. Nothing new to play with my characters is being introduced. I see no upside to Datacrons, have committed to stop spending any money on this game, and have accepted that as a 9.6M player, I may not be competitive anymore, so I will quit the game and find another outlet for my money. I hope you're reading CG. It's well known you don't care about the players, but we know you care about money. And you're losing my money.
  • Options
    Please CG can you spam us with more pop up ads in the game promoting the datacron packs. Maybe people actually love datacrons and you will get more engagement if we only saw them mentioned in more places. I’m sure that’s the solution.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options
    I think they should remove all gear and shards from the stores, so that people can focus 100% on datacrons
  • Options
    Sit back and enjoy next week’s debacle of 3v3 GAC with datacrons…you think it is bad now. Look out…People will be heading for the exits quickly.
  • Options
    Fieldgulls wrote: »
    Sit back and enjoy next week’s debacle of 3v3 GAC with datacrons…you think it is bad now. Look out…People will be heading for the exits quickly.

3v3 is already bad enough but with Datacons added that will be a new level of horrible. Set it and forget it. Make sure you attack with a Hoda or 3PO for your 10 points.
  • Options
    I wonder why @CG_Tusken_Meathead seemed to skip/ignore the biggest question the majority of the community has about Datacrons: “Why?”

Why should we invest in something that is going to expire in 3 months? Your answer fails to answer this sufficiently. Responding with “theory crafting” doesn’t answer why there’s an expiration date.

Why did CG ignore the negative reaction to the leak about datacrons months earlier? Why did CG proceed with their heads firmly in the sand?

Responding to a question as inane as “Are Conquest Bonus Battles repeatable?” when the answer is blankly obvious while ignoring more important questions and community sentiment is extremely backwards…
  • wharp
    214 posts Member
    Options
    Tried to reroll the chap 2 datacron level 3 to get the 25% turn meter, after upgrading 5 datacrons, and a dozen reroll, I am feeling unlucky or it the chance to get it are so low that you HAVE to put enough money to get it .... they saw Diablo Immortal (scandal ???) and wanted to reproduce it in swgoh ???
  • Whatelse73
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    wharp wrote: »
    Tried to reroll the chap 2 datacron level 3 to get the 25% turn meter, after upgrading 5 datacrons, and a dozen reroll, I am feeling unlucky or it the chance to get it are so low that you HAVE to put enough money to get it .... they saw Diablo Immortal (scandal ???) and wanted to reproduce it in swgoh ???

I'm sure their response will be, "each ability on datacrons has an equal chance to be rolled by players!" One of the things Warrior mentioned during a stream years ago was that he was going to do a year long analysis of drop rates for character shards, gear, etc., and was told to cease and desist by CG.

But hey, at least we can use datacrons in Conquest right? To get past the stupidly excessive overprepared garbage and teams with leaders that have abilities of 3-4 other leaders? Oh, wait...
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    wharp wrote: »

I'm sure their response will be, "each ability on datacrons has an equal chance to be rolled by players!" One of the things Warrior mentioned during a stream years ago was that he was going to do a year long analysis of drop rates for character shards, gear, etc., and was told to cease and desist by CG.

But hey, at least we can use datacrons in Conquest right? To get past the stupidly excessive overprepared garbage and teams with leaders that have abilities of 3-4 other leaders? Oh, wait...

There's nothing illegal about tracking droprates and there are many studies as such exist. When it comes to datacrons they never claimed anything rolls evenly. I would be really surprised if it is/announced as such.
  • Options
    I wonder why @CG_Tusken_Meathead seemed to skip/ignore the biggest question the majority of the community has about Datacrons: “Why?”

Why should we invest in something that is going to expire in 3 months? Your answer fails to answer this sufficiently. Responding with “theory crafting” doesn’t answer why there’s an expiration date.

Why did CG ignore the negative reaction to the leak about datacrons months earlier? Why did CG proceed with their heads firmly in the sand?

Responding to a question as inane as “Are Conquest Bonus Battles repeatable?” when the answer is blankly obvious while ignoring more important questions and community sentiment is extremely backwards…

Well said. I think they secretly hate us
  • Holtom2000
    29 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    IronCross wrote: »
    Fieldgulls wrote: »

3v3 is already bad enough but with Datacons added that will be a new level of horrible. Set it and forget it. Make sure you attack with a Hoda or 3PO for your 10 points.

I literally put my best team on D
    Will do one battle and wait for rewards. Way to ruin a game mode devs
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • EgoSlayer
    140 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    There's nothing illegal about tracking droprates and there are many studies as such exist. When it comes to datacrons they never claimed anything rolls evenly. I would be really surprised if it is/announced as such.

It's literally in the first post of this thread:

At launch, each Bonus Stat shares the same chance of rolling, though this may change for future sets. However, the range for the stat (e.g. 10-20%) will have an equal chance to roll within that range.

At launch, Bonus Mechanics have varied/weighted chances of rolling.

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    EgoSlayer wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »

It's literally in the first post of this thread:

At launch, each Bonus Stat shares the same chance of rolling, though this may change for future sets. However, the range for the stat (e.g. 10-20%) will have an equal chance to roll within that range.

At launch, Bonus Mechanics have varied/weighted chances of rolling.

It says bonus mechanics have weighted chances of rolling. =ability. Bonus stats aren't abilities. i.e. you don't have an even chance to roll the stun for GR.
  • wharp
    214 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    yes weighted chance, meaning, chance so low that most of people have to buy packs to get enough materials.
    Datacron are ephemerals and put behind limited resources best P2W combo.

I am missing the times when you bought a game then you got everything, not this half game stuff(DLC, p2w, battle pass,....)
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • Options
    cool i guess
  • Options
    It’ll be interesting to see how many sign up for 3v3. It was 322.9k last week of last 3v3. I expect it to be significantly less. I’m really not enjoying dcs. Don’t see the upside to them. Farming anything else in game led to more loot for the most part whether they be shards, gear, mods etc. You could realistically go “an investment of x gear, crystals, insert resource here should generate an increase in loot of x from y and z events.”

I really don’t think you can say that about datacrons. Instead it’s an invest of time and/or resources leading to less losses of rewards from tw/gac. I mean introducing a new shiny character/team we all need to work for makes it okay if we lose rewards by choosing not to get it.

Introducing datacrons so the teams we already invested in are weaker unless we invest more resources into them while making matches needlessly more complex with no added reward or enjoyment? Yeah not so much. I still mostly auto jmk fights. I still see the same teams on defense in gac/tw. Cg brought the grind but forgot to answer the most fundamental question, will this make the game more enjoyable? Cause the resounding no to that question would have stopped them in their tracks or made them change datacrons to being used only in PvE instead of PvP.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Why would anyone not sign up and skip free rewards for the bare minimum effort?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Why would anyone not sign up and skip free rewards for the bare minimum effort?

They’ve quit. The trend on gac has been downward for the past six months. Swgoh events has been posting the data. 342k iirc in the end of January just under 323k for first week of the 5v5 season we just finished. I think I remembered the last week of the last 3v3 number incorrectly and it was just over 325k.
This discussion has been closed.