is anyone else demotivated this conquest?

Replies

• Options
    Yes, and the last one as well
  • Options
    Motivation renewed on this Conquest!
  • Options
    Luckily, this conquest is so straight forward that hardly any motivation is required at all.

Who doesn't have some jedi? Who doesn't have Old Ben, Leia and Farmboy Luke unlocked? The conquest itself provides the tools to let g7 of these guys be enough.

As for inquisitors, they are entirely optional feats.

This has been the best conquest in a long time.
  • Options
    Yeah, demotivated to do my daily time consuming DC farming battles that take way longer now that AA and TD discs have been removed.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Luckily, this conquest is so straight forward that hardly any motivation is required at all.

Who doesn't have some jedi? Who doesn't have Old Ben, Leia and Farmboy Luke unlocked? The conquest itself provides the tools to let g7 of these guys be enough.

As for inquisitors, they are entirely optional feats.

This has been the best conquest in a long time.

It's certainly been easier and more accessible that most of the previous conquests. It's nice to get a break every once in a while though - I'm enjoying not having to scramble to get feats done... just a leisurely stroll through the galaxy :smile:
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    Yes because it’s the same overtuned and boring nonsense as it’s been the last few iterations. Overprepared on the same carbon copy teams to where you are dead before you get a turn.

The devs are lazy with conquest and only change out the repetitive grinding feats and occasional data disk.
  • TVF
    36676 posts Member
    Options
    I haven't had a single team kill me before I could take a turn once this conquest. In fact I only dropped one star on two battles and they were both in S1.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • StarSon
    7477 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm with TVF on this. It's been much easier, and I haven't dropped hardly any combat stars this time, which I normally do while trying to squeeze feats in. The globals being Jedi really made it pretty easy to just naturally make progress.
  • TVF
    36676 posts Member
    Options
    Also being able to double dip the 20 globals and skip a 40? Awesome.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I with the praisers.

This Conquest is the best in a long time. It still takes work to get red crate, but I got the feats for s1, s2, and s4 either while I was doing those sectors or within a couple days after while double dipping on global feats (like Inq's 40 wins + s2 50 Inq kills).

Jedi squad global feat worked well, since you have 2 GLs to choose from, and many of us have both. The hardest one to keep up with has been Kenobi kills for me, but JMK + GK + AT in a 3 person squad has been plenty enough for me to make things work.
    Add HY and you can draw out the battle and get the Master's Training feat at the same time in s4. The real problem with that feat is that other team members keep stealing kills. You can minimize that by removing ZA, but I don't like to do that until after all the other things are done, which makes picking a 5th Jedi for the all-jedi feat difficult. Mace doesn't steal kills that often, so he worked while I was trying to simultaneously make progress and get a few kills, but now that I'm done with progress and the 40 Jedi victories, it's just JMK, GK, and AT. Sometimes I even drop AT. The end of s1 gives you 7 kills guaranteed if you don't have AT and if you don't use disks that kill your enemy for you. Ramp up Kenobi's first special, attack out of turn to gain offence and defence. Win.

And that's literally the most difficult feat.

This conquest has the right amount of grind that it locks out people with barely-qualifying 4M rosters and people who don't want to try, but doesn't drive you crazy with repetitiveness since the most grindy feats (Inqs and Jedi) aren't always being done against the same enemy.

This Conquest is a win as far as the event itself goes. Whether you like the reward is a different matter.
  • Options
    @MasterSeedy another decent team for JMK/GK kills is JML, GK, +3. Pretty much call GK to assist ams let him get the kills. The mini boss in sector 4 really helps out with you being able to get 10 kills in 1 battle
  • Options
    The hardest one to keep up with has been Kenobi kills for me, but JMK + GK + AT in a 3 person squad has been plenty enough for me to make things work.

I just finished the JMK/GK kills this morning. It was relatively slow combining it with other feats earlier but I caught up going up against IT and BH squads in Sector 1 with JMK/GK/Jolee/HY. Jolee stole a few kills, but not enough to matter in the long run.

Now it is just Datacron farming with Soresu Form.

I am very glad I didn't need to waste time with Inquisitor or Torture feats.
  • Options
    I'm not demoralized this conquest. The feats are pretty easy and I'm already box 6 (gold) I may or may not make it to red but even then it's not a bad conquest with alpt of the feats being able to double dip like alot above have said. I'm not going to be able to use the ship of I get for a while but it will be ready.

I'll say fhe worst conquest ever for me was Maul and DBB. Those 2 were the demoralizing ones for me
  • Options
    @Deathbringer59

Interesting. I'll try it, but GK hits so poorly that I wonder how it would work...

No, okay, it works the same way as s1 b/c I'm already using the disk that grants offence & defence on out-of-turn attacks. It will take time to ramp up, but GK would eventually get there.

S1 grants 7 kills per battle. 10 would be nice, although it's not strictly necessary. Still, an excellent tip and I thank you for it. HY & Shaak Ti, since she has enough special abilities that she never has to attack. I wonder who the best 5th is? Any ideas? Barriss is okay, but she has to attack at some point. I'll think about it.

• StarSon
    7477 posts Member
    Options
    @Deathbringer59

Interesting. I'll try it, but GK hits so poorly that I wonder how it would work...

No, okay, it works the same way as s1 b/c I'm already using the disk that grants offence & defence on out-of-turn attacks. It will take time to ramp up, but GK would eventually get there.

S1 grants 7 kills per battle. 10 would be nice, although it's not strictly necessary. Still, an excellent tip and I thank you for it. HY & Shaak Ti, since she has enough special abilities that she never has to attack. I wonder who the best 5th is? Any ideas? Barriss is okay, but she has to attack at some point. I'll think about it.

It works because you're using the JML special to call GK. I was using GMY and Hoda most often, but then sprinkled in other tanks or attackers. JKL is counter-intuitive, but if you're using ZA he hits was softer than GMY or Shaak.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I haven't had a single team kill me before I could take a turn once this conquest. In fact I only dropped one star on two battles and they were both in S1.

Lucky you! Trying to get the BH kill feat against teams just shell shocking them is not fun.

Facing the same enemies over and over and over and over and over with the same modifiers is not fun.

Are the feats easier overall? Yeah of course, it’s like when we got the interceptor. Doesn’t mean it’s not stale and boring doing the same thing over and over and over again.
  • StarSon
    7477 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Lucky you! Trying to get the BH kill feat against teams just shell shocking them is not fun.

Facing the same enemies over and over and over and over and over with the same modifiers is not fun.

Are the feats easier overall? Yeah of course, it’s like when we got the interceptor. Doesn’t mean it’s not stale and boring doing the same thing over and over and over again.

Have you considered not using BH against those teams? Standard BH works just fine down to at least 60% stamina on the mid boss.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Have you considered not using BH against those teams? Standard BH works just fine down to at least 60% stamina on the mid boss.

You know what? It never occurred to me to do that…oh wait…it did and my BH are getting destroyed somehow when going against the JKA node. They’re all at least R5, some R7 but have circles run around them before getting a single turn.
  • Options

You know what? It never occurred to me to do that…oh wait…it did and my BH are getting destroyed somehow when going against the JKA node. They’re all at least R5, some R7 but have circles run around them before getting a single turn.
    What lineup? What disks?
  • Options

What lineup? What disks?

Most recent was Bossk lead, Boba, Jango, Fennec and Dengar.

1dfymhnpo24r.png
    68udtthaz8o6.png
    And a power DD. Yet somehow they’re hitting like wet noodles and after 8 battles I finally was able to win one and get 5 kills.
  • Options

What lineup? What disks?

And here’s the battle I just played at 90% stamina. That was the state of my team when I finally got a move.

jr7z33oxtxa5.png
  • StarSon
    7477 posts Member
    Options

What lineup? What disks?

Most recent was Bossk lead, Boba, Jango, Fennec and Dengar.

1dfymhnpo24r.png
    68udtthaz8o6.png
    And a power DD. Yet somehow they’re hitting like wet noodles and after 8 battles I finally was able to win one and get 5 kills.

Probably your disks. I ran Bossk Jango Boba Mando Greef, mostly on auto. Running vitality and ZA with 1 blue Entrenched.
  • Options
    @Ravens1113

I like Mando in the comp, although there was once where he died, lost BHR, revived, and got killed again before I got my first turn. But when he's alive and functioning, he uses that first disintegrate vs. JKA and you're on easy street. Just make sure that you're watching TM right after you get your contract and post-contract any hits that aren't from Mando go to Mace **if** Mando has lost BHR.

If Mando still has BHR it doesn't even matter. He one-shots JKA and Bob's your uncle.
  • Options
    Chuck a fortified on and attacks on bossk give him tm.
  • Options
    Fortified is definitely the way to go with BH kills vs. mid-boss.

If I had that one on, I would never lose Mando. But I'm still cleaning up a last few feats, including Inqs, and the Inqs like their ZA. So I'll drop Fortified when I'm done with them.
  • Options
    Demotivated? Maybe from a cynical point of view.

Honestly I’m enjoying the lack of pressure. I haven’t even refreshed my energy. I calculated that I would unlock Ben Solo if I beat the first two boards and did, and while I would like the ship I don’t NEED the ship and can wait 6 months for it.

So at the end of the day I’m playing a mode I like without the pressure that I need to grind away at it and maximize my rewards.

This honestly might be my favorite Conquest.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    The inquisies are 2nd bottom on the do list above Ugnaught (and below CUP). It's a bummer the unlock is the meme lord's ship. But hey I liked the Vader fight at the end of hard.
  • Options
    My 2nd favourite after the very first one with GMY and his infinite AoEs :p

And yeah, the final battle vs. Vader was pretty **** cool.

• Options

You can also use the same JML leader cheese on Light Side BH. You don’t need a full BH squad.
  • Options
    My 2nd favourite after the very first one with GMY and his infinite AoEs :p

And yeah, the final battle vs. Vader was pretty **** cool.

Oh, ha, yeah! I forgot the Infinite Cooldown discs 🤣 Okay that was my favorite because it made me feel Big and Strong! But this is my favorite AFTER that cycle.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.