Rey worth investing in considering the new update?

Prev13
Chef5
369 posts Member
I was about to unlock her today and use all my credits and purple mats upgrading her, but now that I see the new update specs, looks like certain doom for Rey.. Just wondering if its worth upgrading any more... Difficult to tell if she'll be nerfed like Lumi (small adjustment but still viable) or like Poe (useless).

I wish the devs would tell us how far speed DPS characters will be nerfed... if Rey loses her functionality, I'd rather invest in a new advantage crit team.

Replies

• Options
    It's 2016 Rey will never get nerfed.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    Certain? Nope. It's entirely unclear.

Waiting till we have more info at least before investing could be smart though.
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Mateosius wrote: »
    It's 2016 Rey will never get nerfed.

I don't understand what you mean?

but the update specifically says that high speed high dps will get nerfed guaranteed.... Rey fits that category,,, she only has speed and damage going for her if thats taken away she will drop in usefulness altogether.
  • Options
    Yes, but the 'fortitude' update is only 3 weeks away. So, even if I'm wrong, you won't take a big hit. Farming her will only use up a small portion of your resources.
  • Options
    Who cares, it's Rey, she will always be worth it :)

I'm still farming her to 7*, couldn't care less about the changes that are coming, even if they nerf her too hard, eventually she will be balanced.
  • Rogan_Ban84
    1415 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Personally, I think this tuning update was necessary due to damage not being mitigated at level 80 and beyond, meaning the likes of rey and Leia will get to go first and instantly almost always kill one character before moving, essentially making it another coin toss of who's reys go first. So I think they're tuning to change that, rather than nerfing the effectiveness of dps such as rey.
    So yes, she'll still be worth it, if I'm right.
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Yes, but the 'fortitude' update is only 3 weeks away. So, even if I'm wrong, you won't take a big hit. Farming her will only use up a small portion of your resources.

3 weeks of farming is a lot of time, money and crystals invested, I have a lot of gear saved up, purple mats credits and farming for the next few weeks refreshing nodes and credits with crystals daily adds up. I just don't want to spend the time money ands crystals to find out that she's no longer arena worthy at the end of the month. :(

3 weeks of resources can take a character pretty far up the ugrade chain I would think.
  • Options
    Old_Tallen wrote: »
    Who cares, it's Rey, she will always be worth it :)

I'm still farming her to 7*, couldn't care less about the changes that are coming, even if they nerf her too hard, eventually she will be balanced.

In the same boat. Though I have almost completed her after spending thousands of crystals on refreshes. She was one of the funnest characters and as long as she remains that way, it will be worth the investment.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options

it's next week
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    Chef5 wrote: »

3 weeks of farming is a lot of time, money and crystals invested, I have a lot of gear saved up, purple mats credits and farming for the next few weeks refreshing nodes and credits with crystals daily adds up. I just don't want to spend the time money ands crystals to find out that she's no longer arena worthy at the end of the month. :(

3 weeks of resources can take a character pretty far up the ugrade chain I would think.

Oh, I don't refresh nodes. Yes, that could be costly doing it that way. If you just play her 3 x 3 a day. That's what I meant.
  • Apoc
    172 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think Rey will be hit that hard. One shoting characters will now be out of the question, but she's still fairly powerful. With her high speed, and even if they nerf her damage by lets say 15%(which would be a lot considering). Then she's still fairly decent, and I would be well worth it with Gear 8, 7*
  • Apoc
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Also, while they're giving all characters fortitude. This will allow Rey to live past being focused down so quickly. Making her even more viable in the future. I think this nerf/patch may actually help her in the long run.
  • Options
    reizse wrote: »

it's next week

That's sweet. I heard the end of the month. Next week is much better. All this new content is brilliant. Very cool.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think Rey is going anywhere, but I know people in my guild disagree with me. Rey's damage multipliers are insane, so they would have to really do a number on her to make her mediocre, let alone bad.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    yep. it's been a long time coming ever since Poe + droids single shorting everyone spawned the one hit meta. I'm excited.
    mighty chlorians
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    They won't nerf Rey into oblivion, just tome down a bit. Do you imagine how many people would go straight to Disney? Rofl
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    If you seen the way the events have gone... usually requiring a number of a particular faction... i.e. Jedi for Yoda, and droids for the android event... All characters are going to be worth it...

In the long run you are gonna want a team of Sith, Jedi, Droids, Tuskens, Ewoks, Rebellion, Empire, Resistance, First Order, Jawa and scoundrels!

Many of these don't have many options. In the resistance only really Poe, Rey and the Pilot are any good.
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options
    I'd be surprised if they nerf Rey much. She's the biggest star of the new trilogy and a tremendous marketing piece.
  • Options
    fast, huge damage, Foresight, double, triple, and quadra-atcks.

no matter what they do to the meta - Rey will be great toon to play with.
  • Options
    I'll still use her unless she becomes useless. 2 months of work to unlock her is too much just to bench Rey
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    I have done the 3x3 farming thing for almost 3 months...she should be 7* shortly after the update drops. I would be very upset if they nerfed her to hard.
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    Options
    So I caved in and when I unlocked her I dropped all my purple mats and gears into her, dump a whole bunch of credits too, but only to level 58, and will have her in purple gear 7 today, just need 7 more purple frisbees.

Her health concerns me less than 6k for 4 star. I will continue to farm her but won't refresh the nodes, like I did the other day, I want to wait to see how it pans out after the meta change.
  • MoBlaq
    582 posts Member
    Options
    Skye wrote: »
    In the long run you are gonna want a team of Sith, Jedi, Droids, Tuskens, Ewoks, Rebellion, Empire, Resistance, First Order, Jawa and scoundrels!

I am still waiting for the Meatlump Faction! I know the Meatlump King is out there and been hunting him down since 2003!

• Options
    A Rey nerf is coming. :)
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Id be surprised if Rey wasn't tweaked at all. her A++ speed and her superior damage output is exactly what they are talking about when they said speed and damage needs adjustment.
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Options

I'd say it will take up...one quarter portion :D
  • Revenant
    255 posts Member
    Options
    Rey is incredibly overtuned. If you don't one shot her she will wreck your whole team and good luck doing that now because she is faster than before.
  • Options
    Then she is working as intended. She is supposed to be a high risk high reward attacker. High risk as in she might not even get to attack and high reward she can wreak some havoc if you let her be. As much as I've put into her and their history of screwing my plans, they better not ruin her.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Heisen
    364 posts Member
    Options
    Ello_Asty wrote: »
    Then she is working as intended. She is supposed to be a high risk high reward attacker. High risk as in she might not even get to attack and high reward she can wreak some havoc if you let her be. As much as I've put into her and their history of screwing my plans, they better not ruin her.

Good luck killing her when she's one of the faster characters in the game and can hide behind RG.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    Heisen wrote: »
    Ello_Asty wrote: »

Good luck killing her when she's one of the faster characters in the game and can hide behind RG.

That is good team construction.