Rey worth investing in considering the new update?

Replies

• Options
    If they were not making changes in the next week, she would still be behind most chars that have a speed leader. Most commonly: Yoda removes meter and more than 1/3rd health, QGJ assist and she's dead.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Heisen
    364 posts Member
    Options
    Rey is brokenly OP in the current state. There's no justifying it. Yes, you can kill her. That logic applies to every character.
  • Options
    Heisen wrote: »
    Rey is brokenly OP in the current state. There's no justifying it. Yes, you can kill her. That logic applies to every character.

She isn't op right now. Don't fight a seven star rey team if you can't beat her because I'm almost certain you have a scrub team.

At 80, however, she will op af without a bit of mitigation to her damage and without protection. The key for developers will be fine tuning it so she still remains elite.
  • Heisen
    364 posts Member
    Options

She isn't op right now. Don't fight a seven star rey team if you can't beat her because I'm almost certain you have a scrub team.

At 80, however, she will op af without a bit of mitigation to her damage and without protection. The key for developers will be fine tuning it so she still remains elite.

I beat Rey teams all the time. However that means nothing because thats just bad defense AI. Way to make assumptions.

And yes, I'm referring to her when shes at 164 speed.
  • theHejiN
    659 posts Member
    Options
    I guess Rey needs a buff after patch, because she is unable to one shot high health characters. So I would count on Rey
  • Options

I beat Rey teams all the time. However that means nothing because thats just bad defense AI. Way to make assumptions.

You said op in current state not when she is 164 speed.
    Oh, so you do beat rey teams all the time, so she isn't oped in current state.
    So this is a I don't have her so nerf post.
  • Heisen
    364 posts Member
    Options

Shes already strong in current state, will be ridiculous at 164 speed which is soon enough to worry if they don't actually tune her damage down appropriately.

And again, being able to beat teams with x character doesn't automatically make x balanced.
  • Options

Shes already strong in current state, will be ridiculous at 164 speed which is soon enough to worry if they don't actually tune her damage down appropriately.

And again, being able to beat teams with x character doesn't automatically make x balanced.

Yes that is why they're tuning.
    Can you explain your logic?.
    If you beat rey teams all the time, what is it in the current state that you feel she is so oped?.
    I don't understand your thoughts on it.
  • Options
    Ello_Asty wrote: »
    Then she is working as intended. She is supposed to be a high risk high reward attacker. High risk as in she might not even get to attack and high reward she can wreak some havoc if you let her be. As much as I've put into her and their history of screwing my plans, they better not ruin her.

Rey is awesome, but let's not paint a subjective picture. She's not high risk, she is only high reward. High risk is if her speed was like Asajj.....sub-100. Then you would have to decide if her risk (dying before she can attack) is worth the reward. Not to mention she is getting even faster on her journey to 80.

This is exactly what they mentioned when they said tuning fast characters to make them do less damage, slow characters doing more. Asajj should hit harder since she may never get a turn to act. Rey should hit for less because she's fast.

I love using Rey in arena, she's top 3 for sure. But I'm not so blinded in my devotion that I can't see the problem. I hope they don't nerf Rey too much because it would really my team, not to mention all the time and resources I used to level/gear her. Still, to call her high risk is disingenuous. If she was high risk, people would have to take a moment and decide if she was worth putting on your arena team. The only reason you don't see more Reys is because she is a difficult farm. If she was in GW shipments everyone would be using Rey....would that make sense if she was "high risk"? High risk would be if they buffed Asajj's dmg but kept her slow. Still not sure I would want her on my team.

• Oootini
    636 posts Member
    Options
    I've been farming her since mid jan. I hope she doesn't get nerfed to oblivion, I'm on the brink of unlocking her:(
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    Options
    i think with a character like Rey, who is so difficult and expensive to farm, it's only fair that she is a strong character. I don't mind if they tune her. I just hope its not to the point that she loses all value, If they nerf the damage, I hope she still hits hard. But they should increase her health also to balance her. Fast weak character with low health, would ruin Rey completely.

Compounded by the new protection and damage nerf, it doesn't look like Rey has a bright future ahead.

I'm hoping the Devs hear our concerns and don't over nerf her.

• Options
    Then she is working as intended. She is supposed to be a high risk high reward attacker. High risk as in she might not even get to attack and high reward she can wreak some havoc if you let her be. As much as I've put into her and their history of screwing my plans, they better not ruin her.

Rey is awesome, but let's not paint a subjective picture. She's not high risk, she is only high reward. High risk is if her speed was like Asajj.....sub-100.

This or at least at a speed like her dark side counterpart FOTP. These are the only ones who don't even need a support to one-shoot others.
    GS got balanced, Rey will be nerfed as well, probably within the next balance update.
  • Options
    1. She is a difficult farm and the new skywalker, she should be a 1st tier character.
    2. She has very little health so even with her speed at higher levels, there is still a handful of chars who will go before her and eliminate her before she gets to move. Yes, that is high risk. All people see is the high rewards. I fear my Rey never gets to move on my team in defense, she sometimes does not get to go on offense, especially with the current QGJ speed meta.

I like where she is at right now. I could see a case for disagreement, do not get me wrong. I get tired of putting time and effort into plans only to see them get nerfed or squashed because someone else complains they cannot hang with the big boys with their JC & Chewie team.

Please don't assume that I am not being objective. I get paid to be objective and it bleeds over into my life constantly. That said, I am also not making assumptions and using hyperbole in this post.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Options
    Oh, and GS did not get balanced. His buff applied before his turn instead of at the end - that was a fix. Plus, he was a gear level ahead of everyone. Opening up to lvl 80 fixed that. So, no, he did not get "balanced". He was naturally fixed in the way Poe would have been had they not touched him.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I hope the update recognizes the speed / health / damage triangle and doesn't just focus on speed vs damage.
  • Options
    Oh, and GS did not get balanced. His buff applied before his turn instead of at the end - that was a fix. Plus, he was a gear level ahead of everyone. Opening up to lvl 80 fixed that. So, no, he did not get "balanced". He was naturally fixed in the way Poe would have been had they not touched him.

I know.
    But what's the difference in the end?
    The final result led to a weaker performance, no matter if it was a nerf, bug fix, new game mechanics or whatever
    He is fine now as he is (and I use him almost three months and am fair enough to say that he was op)
  • Thrace
    147 posts Member
    Options
    EA also said they want to eliminate, for the most part, characters getting one shotted or dying before they get a turn. Rey is just as likely to get one shotted as any other hero in the game, so she might be "buffed" that way.
  • Options
    Good points.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    1. She is a difficult farm and the new skywalker, she should be a 1st tier character.
    2. She has very little health so even with her speed at higher levels, there is still a handful of chars who will go before her and eliminate her before she gets to move. Yes, that is high risk. All people see is the high rewards. I fear my Rey never gets to move on my team in defense, she sometimes does not get to go on offense, especially with the current QGJ speed meta.

I like where she is at right now. I could see a case for disagreement, do not get me wrong. I get tired of putting time and effort into plans only to see them get nerfed or squashed because someone else complains they cannot hang with the big boys with their JC & Chewie team.

Please don't assume that I am not being objective. I get paid to be objective and it bleeds over into my life constantly. That said, I am also not making assumptions and using hyperbole in this post.

The issue, as I see it, it's either run Rey or run qgj lead to out speed her.

She can hid behind rg's taunt (yes a strategic build) and even have her life buffed by barriss/Rex as leaders. She would be hard to one shot unless she is one shoting herself.

That is why I feel she will get some sort of tune. I don't want a rock vs paper format. We need scissors too.
  • Options
    I can't see her reduced to junk with the update, that would be wrong to do. Meta changes are supposed to enhance, not make one useful group useless and the opposite..
  • Pyramidshawn
    871 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    1. She is a difficult farm

That's the thing I harp on the most. If a character is hard node farm only, it should be OP.

As opposed to GS (whom I also have geared 7 star), where anyone and seemingly everyone can get maxed in a month.
  • Options
    She's hot, legal, and into purple stun-cuffs. I don't see any of that changing with the next update so yes, she is still worth the investment.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    I don't want to see Rey become unusable as well, since it took me 2 months to unlock her. But she has to be tomed the **** down. Even at 143 speed she is very unbalanced, her damage is way superior to 2nd best damage in game IG-86, even with droid synergy, while IG-86 doesn't gain foresight and has 119 speed. I mean comeon...At 164 speed leaving her the same, contradicts everything they said about the update. She is no1 person that has to be balanced.
  • Yarzahn
    329 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Apoc wrote: »
    Also, while they're giving all characters fortitude. This will allow Rey to live past being focused down so quickly. Making her even more viable in the future. I think this nerf/patch may actually help her in the long run.

It will also prevent her from one-shotting enemies when she does get to attack, removing value from the gamestyle she represents.
    I'm not saying she will be bad (i believe the speed-damage adjustments will be minor 5% up or down), I'm just saying there's a downside to fortitude.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Yarzahn wrote: »
    Apoc wrote: »
    Also, while they're giving all characters fortitude. This will allow Rey to live past being focused down so quickly. Making her even more viable in the future. I think this nerf/patch may actually help her in the long run.

It will also prevent her from one-shotting enemies when she does get to attack, removing value from the gamestyle she represents.
    I'm not saying she will be bad (i believe the speed-damage adjustments will be minor 5% up or down), I'm just saying there's a downside to fortitude.

Well put. The problem is not so much the fact that one character can do big damage, but the way this can be capitalized upon and made into a winning and hard-to-counter strategy.

Hopefully the added Protection layer of HP will help to still keep Rey a major threat throughout the match, and it will likely help to keep Rey herself alive better too. On the other hand, we may just end up getting less glass jawed high damage attackers. I'm not convinced that's really a good thing.
  • Options
    What is the point of this nerf discussions? By definition, some chars are better than the others. Unless all units are entirely the same (i.e., there is only one unit available), there are always power differences. You nerf one, and the other gets to the "op" spot, and nothing changes. You buff another, and he overtakes the previous "op" char, but again nothing changes. As such, mere existence of stronger chars is fine - and considering that at this point in time, it is the main star of the new trilogy that is good , it is only logical. Would be worse if it were Mob Enforcer or Ugnaught
  • Options
    This is Daisy Ridley for crying out loud! Aren't you sick of farming and playing the bug and all the nonames? Rey is the one I am happy farming for the sake of hot char alone regarding whether she gets nerfed or not. I am finishing her up 7*, period.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Melkor wrote: »
    This is Daisy Ridley for crying out loud! Aren't you sick of farming and playing the bug and all the nonames? Rey is the one I am happy farming for the sake of hot char alone regarding whether she gets nerfed or not. I am finishing her up 7*, period.

Oh me too that's for sure!
  • Thrace
    147 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    I don't want to see Rey become unusable as well, since it took me 2 months to unlock her. But she has to be tomed the **** down. Even at 143 speed she is very unbalanced, her damage is way superior to 2nd best damage in game IG-86, even with droid synergy, while IG-86 doesn't gain foresight and has 119 speed. I mean comeon...At 164 speed leaving her the same, contradicts everything they said about the update. She is no1 person that has to be balanced.

Why does she have to be toned down? I disagree, this game needs high dps toons to be able to close out a match. She just happens to be one of the best at dps, just like RG is the best tank and Lumi is the best healer. There needs to be high threat characters to make decision making important, for example, take out Daka first or take a chance on revive and kill Rey first.

At 164 speed there will still be a lot of toons that can still go before her with leadership buffs. Strategy will become even more important on how to deal with her. Toning her down won't solve a god **** thing because people like you will just moan about the next biggest threat down the list.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    You ever hear me complain about GS? And yea if there will ever be a character that becomes so OP that will break the game, like Rey will soon if she isn't handled, i will complain! Problem?