Rey worth investing in considering the new update?

13Next

Replies

• Thrace
    147 posts Member
    Options
    Break the game??? That sounds a bit extreme, maybe just maybe we'll have to come up with new tactics on how to handle her.

Off the top of my head, use dots, debuff her, use high hp characters, use RG, stun her I could go on and the new update hasn't even been released yet.
  • Options
    Thrace wrote: »
    ...Off the top of my head, use dots, debuff her, use high hp characters, use RG, stun her I could go on and the new update hasn't even been released yet.

:sunglasses: !

When I first started encountering GS, I was really beeped and thought he was OP. I didn't have him. I played around with my wife's GS and found I couldn't win by just having him onboard. I'm guessing something similar with all the OP/ nerf posts.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Use dots? Like draw them on the screen? You understand 164 speed or not? 'My Rey can beat your Rey...cause i go first' meta! Right now she is fine, although very unbalanced compared to other attackers.
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    Use dots? Like draw them on the screen? You understand 164 speed or not? 'My Rey can beat your Rey...cause i go first' meta! Right now she is fine, although very unbalanced compared to other attackers.

Relax, he's talking about the present scenario. We can't start fighting about the scene after the patch because...wait for it... the patch is not in yet and nobody knows what changes are going to come in! Ok, that punch line didn't sound like a punchline, meh!
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    You are right about that! I am just thinking ahead so that we won't have 1000 nerf threads for when she actually reaches 164 speed, then wait another 2 weeks - 1 month for that to be fixed. Again, i am really hoping all things are taken into consideration by the devs, even if that means for us to wait longer for the balance update. I already know there are 151 speed Rey out there, i am wondering if anyone reached lvl 80 yet.
  • Options
    I am thinking Rey will not survive the next update untouched, but I do not think that the update will hit her that much harder than anyone else.

The addition of Protection and more from armour, as well as the slight damage decrease of high speed characters, will mean she will not be able to one shot things right away any more, but I imagine she will still be viable.
  • JbizzyG
    304 posts Member
    Options
    Mateosius wrote: »
    It's 2016 Rey will never get nerfed.

If she does get nerfed then whiners can call on Canadian prime minister Justin Trudeau to rally to her defense and make sure she'll be able to beat you team instantly because it's 2016!
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    I agree that there needs to be the best offensive character and can it be Rey, sure.

The real concern is her plug-and-play style. Everyone points out that speed leader teams can act before her. That pigeon holes the leader slot. While Rey can jump into any team. That is a problem.

Rey will have the highest non aided speed in the game. Her plus evasion plus rg will still be a very strong team. To match her, in theory, I'd need my own Rey or run qgj lead and hope to take her out first.

I don't want Rey dismantled, I don't think anyone deserves to be ruined. I just expect her to be tuned down a bit, but maintain a top damage character.
  • Options
    I can see her gear being adjusted to slow her down a bit at future levels. I just feel that presently, she is a well done character.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Options
    Ello_Asty wrote: »
    1. She is a difficult farm

That's the thing I harp on the most. If a character is hard node farm only, it should be OP.

As opposed to GS (whom I also have geared 7 star), where anyone and seemingly everyone can get maxed in a month.

If you were to follow this logic, the most OP toons should be chromium exclusives, since they are the hardest to obtain, and that obviously isn't the case.
  • JbizzyG
    304 posts Member
    Options
    She really just needs her base damage reduced. I swear I just got hit by 5* Rey for 6k non-crit. No other character comes close to that.

Having to use QGJ(L) with Rey to beat a QGJ with Rey team is back to RNG horrow show that the Poe meta had. Not healthy; no creative teams and no fun for anyone.
  • Options
    IMHO hold on to the resources you plan on dumping into her and let the smoke clear. You can still dump credits, mats, and well gear (not so much) into her almost instantly if she still stays viable post balance change. Just don't spend the resources on anything else and you can get her up fighting shape fast.

Besides a 4* Rey isn't really Arena viable anyway so you have time to get some more stars on her while the dust settles and you can get a clearer picture of the landscape.

Offtopic: just a guess on who will be supertough after the patch is: Asohka. She is slow, but her buffs get her speed up, plus with QGJ as lead she buffs even more. My guess is that the balance change on dmg will not affect buff speed so Asohka will hit like a truck and be super fast as well with the buffs.

Speed up buff for IG-86 may have a similar effect as well, but not as strong as Asohka.
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    at what point does rey stop getting OHKO in arena?

I have her at level 65 4* gear 7.. just a few gears from switching over to 8. She has almost 7k health and I experimented with her in a dooku led team and about 10 arena matches all were pretty much the same, very first turn she's OHKO'd, she doesn't get a chance to do anything and Dooku evasion doesnt seem to work as it does on AI side.

She has no defense protection at all.. when does she start not getting ohko first turn of the match?
    RG doesn't help because it seems as if any character can just sneeze and she gets KO'd.
    Her damage is nice but there are other characters that I have that can hit harder then her with more health.

Does she have to be maxed to be any use?
  • Options
    A lot of people are not reading this part of the update:

The goal is to mitigate (but not entirely eliminate) situations where characters can be killed before they’ve had any chance to act.
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    Options
    darthpoon wrote: »
    A lot of people are not reading this part of the update:

The goal is to mitigate (but not entirely eliminate) situations where characters can be killed before they’ve had any chance to act.

Im not sure what you mean? I think what you quoted just means that characters can still be ko'd before their turn. for example.. current meta - one assist will KO a character... next meta, 3 speed attacks in succession can still KO a chaaracter before its turn.
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    Options
    can anyone tell me how far rey needs to be leveled up to avoid first turn KO?
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @Chef5 People are using her starting with 5*, in my shard anyway.
  • Options
    The rumors circling around here don't look too promising for Rey owners. Hopefully it is all fabricated, seeing as how some of us spent thousands of diamonds on refreshes to get her 7*
  • MoBlaq
    582 posts Member
    Options
    She will be affected. They already stated that they are changing the damage output for faster characters. Think of it this way. It will be the "Normalization" patch.

Will this kill Rey? Maybe, there is the issues with her HP and defenses so she could still be top end damage for faster characters. Will she go untouched? Highly unlikely.