Truth in advertising

Yuejandan52
104 posts Member
edited January 2023
I completely understand why a company would want to capitalize on the ambiguity of language to maximize its profits, but doing so doesn't build trust with consumers.

cdzazotizzab.png

Yes, you do include "the materials you need to reach Relic 3!," and you don't write that they are "all of the materials you need to reach Relic 3!," so 'buyer beware.' But you are using the interpretive flexibility of the language in the hopes that players will then buy the pack twice to get all of the materials needed to bring a character to Relic 3 (each pack has half the materials needed, except the fragmented and incomplete signal data, which is a little more than half). Such acts in advertising, though, don't foster trust in a company and its practices.

How about just being clear in what you are actually selling?

Replies

• Options

I would like to add...
    Please dont sell items by using probability...like this...

ll74dg58mar6.jpg

Please just sell a fixed amount of shard/item etc.
    I wouldnt want to spend 1,8k crystal for 4x 10 shards.

Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey | NORDIC KINGDOM is recruiting
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

I would like to add...

ll74dg58mar6.jpg

That's not changing ever, especially for crystals.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options

I would like to add...

Please just sell a fixed amount of shard/item etc.
    I wouldnt want to spend 1,8k crystal for 4x 10 shards.

could be 4x 10
    could be 4x 100
  • Options
    Similar to how the Dr. Aphra Chase Park is worded.

Card 2: Drops shards with a 15% chance for 5, 7% chance for 10, 2% chance for 15, 1% chance for 20.

Yes it adds up to 25% and there's four characters which would equal 100%, but you're guaranteed only one of those characters so shouldn't the odds just total to 100%? Reading 60%, 28%, 8%, 4%?
  • Options

Card 2: Drops shards with a 15% chance for 5, 7% chance for 10, 2% chance for 15, 1% chance for 20.

Yes it adds up to 25% and there's four characters which would equal 100%, but you're guaranteed only one of those characters so shouldn't the odds just total to 100%? Reading 60%, 28%, 8%, 4%?

They do.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Options
    nfidel2k wrote: »

They do.

Are the 4 pulls/card independent events? IE: can you pull 20 shards 4 times?
    If the answer is yes, then then the probabilities are published in a way that is misleading or incorrect.
    If you can only pull one 20 shard in total on 4 cards then that should be mentioned and the probabilities updated to show that.
  • Options
    nfidel2k wrote: »

They do.

Are the 4 pulls/card independent events? IE: can you pull 20 shards 4 times?
    If the answer is yes, then then the probabilities are published in a way that is misleading or incorrect.
    If you can only pull one 20 shard in total on 4 cards then that should be mentioned and the probabilities updated to show that.
    The odds are combined so that it only requires one RNG roll. Four characters, 25% per character, 100% chance.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Options
    As F2P, I don't need to waste my time looking at all these "great" offers. Using reasonable amount of crystals to gamble from time to time is okay, but real money? No thanks.
  • Options
    I was threatened with bans on challenging the pack probabilities lol.

Would urge everyone to stay away from unless happy to pay over the odds for less. At least they now add the pack probabilities for people to inform themselves that they will likely get the lesser of the roll.
  • Options
    I completely understand why a company would want to capitalize on the ambiguity of language to maximize its profits, but doing so doesn't build trust with consumers.

cdzazotizzab.png

Yes, you do include "the materials you need to reach Relic 3!," and you don't write that they are "all of the materials you need to reach Relic 3!," so 'buyer beware.' But you are using the interpretive flexibility of the language in the hopes that players will then buy the pack twice to get all of the materials needed to bring a character to Relic 3 (each pack has half the materials needed, except the fragmented and incomplete signal data, which is a little more than half). Such acts in advertising, though, don't foster trust in a company and its practices.

Yeah, that's particularly head-scratching. To go from R2 to R3, they got the number of Bronzium Wirings and Fragmented Signal Data right, but they overshot Carbonite Circuit Boards by 20, and shorted Chromium Transistors by 10 and Incomplete Signal Data by 5.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Antario wrote: »
    As F2P, I don't need to waste my time looking at all these "great" offers. Using reasonable amount of crystals to gamble from time to time is okay, but real money? No thanks.

Ok but this is a thread about something people might actually buy.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH