Is my team purely too weak for the Mace Windu Tank Challenge?

Prev134
I have a very weak tank team for this challenge, because I've never focused on a tank directly for Arena/GW.

This is my team;
Teebo 3* Gear 6 Lvl 61
ST Han 5* Gear 6 Lvl 65
Chewbacca 3* Gear 6 Lvl 58
Royal Guard 3* Gear 6 Lvl 62
Jedi Knight Guardian 2* Gear 5 Lvl 57

Yeah it's weak as ****, but I never use them for any other modes so I've not trained them much.
Mace currently hits for 22k+ on his special ability and his shatterpoint does 100k+.
His basic hits for 4.4K which is a lot considering my characters can't heal so I enter the battle with everyone at like 70-80% hp.

RG doesn't really stun him that much any more (like the previous challenge) and therefor I get rekt.
Teebo using his TM reduction was really effective for the 70 challenge, but here everyone kinda just dies too fast for it to be relevant.
| John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |

Replies

• Options
    You Should have no problème with that team
  • Options
    You're not alone in the rapage.
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Options
    Windu resist a lot at lvl 72 challenge. I had problems as well, but leveling up some tanks when I have some spare credits. I have RG at lvl 72 and rarely stuns. For me it's win or miss on that fight.
  • Apollya
    99 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Post deleted
  • LMYYYKS
    333 posts Member
    Options
    I am starting to think maybe garbage no.3 aka Magnaguard could be not-so-garbage for this challenge.
  • flaw3d
    32 posts Member
    Options
    Mace 7* gear8 72
    Rg 4* gear7 68
    Chew 3* gear5 54
    Poe 5* gear7 70
    Fos 2* gear6 60

I can pretty much auto most the time. Occasionally just keep auto but focus on mace. RG stuns often hits abilities are maxed.
  • Kobi
    77 posts Member
    Options
    I have old Ben 6* mace 4 * chewie 4* teebo 3* and rg 2* and i had no chance against him...and i really dont want spend resources on those characters :-(
  • OnJouney
    309 posts Member
    Options
    With teebo as leader I had no problems yet. But I got the characters at an higher level :/
  • Options
    You Should have no problème with that team

Hmm, yet I do. I'll keep trying, but there's not much else I can do differently.
  • Options
    OnJouney wrote: »
    With teebo as leader I had no problems yet. But I got the characters at an higher level :/

Yeah lol my team is weak. I guess I need to farm teebo shards... I might miss out on today's tank challenge
  • Options
    Kobi wrote: »
    I have old Ben 6* mace 4 * chewie 4* teebo 3* and rg 2* and i had no chance against him...and i really dont want spend resources on those characters :-(

Ouch! That bites. He does hit hard hey...
  • Casual_Player
    639 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Most of the time i use these team:
    Lv 54 Chew (cheer-lead) 4s g6
    Lv 65 Poe 5s g8
    Lv 70 Five 4s g8
    Lv 51 First order stormtrooper 3s g5
    5th slot is one these: lv 51 rg 3s g6, lv 52 jedi knigh guardian 2s g6, lv 52 op-ben kennedy 4s g7
    So far legit 2 clear, too luck based in the end i finished lv70 challange instead.
    Usually crit by poe on enemy goon instant killing but now it only took halve damage, windu can dodge and often resist debuff comparing to that lv70 chall version, in my observation 72 tank challange are twice hard(str/attacker challange more harder too but im not really notice any differ because i got better roster)
    the cake is a lie
  • Kopkin
    48 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I think this must be the toughest challenge for everyone. No one levels tanks, right?
    I did the 72 with:
    Teebo (l) l45 2* l42 gear
    Rg 4* l50 g6
    Poe 4* l64 g6
    Chewing 4* l59 g6
    Fost 2* l42 g3

But it was Sooooo tedious - repeatedly failing until I got lucky with stuns and turn meter.

I've since starred teebo up by to 3* (will be 4* today) and levelled rg to 65 but I'm still finding it difficult

Is there actually any point in hitting his droids any more?

• Options
    That challenge is a joke it's hard but don't need the material anyways.
  • Options
    No point i believe, that and 72 version both droid did not decrease their turn meter.
    the cake is a lie
  • Options
    Bottom line, yes.

I can do it on auto with no problem, for that I use:

Chewie 5* maxed
    Mace 5* blue lvl 70
    Poe 5* maxed
    RG 5*. Blue lvl 68
    FO trooper 4* blue lvl 56

I always lose at least one character, but Poes offence down coupled with RG speed down and stun usually carries me through. Mace does pretty much all the damage with his expose and if I had 5's levelled, I would swap him in for the trooper.
  • Options
    @kopkin no, I ignore the droids still
  • Options
    To answer your question, yes.

For lvl 72 u need 5*, 6* and 7* characters.

7* Han
    5* Chewy
    6* IG-100
    7* Poe
    6* RG

When it gets to Windu target him directly and you are good.
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • Options
    I barely manage to win the fight with 4* wookie 60 vi, 7* Poe 70 viii, 7* mace 70 v, 5* RG 55 vi, 6* fives 70 vii in like 50-75% of the time with no autobattle
  • Options
    Interesting @Old_Tallen , what basic atk lvl for your RG, mine got resisted a lot.
    the cake is a lie
  • Options
    Interesting @Old_Tallen , what basic atk lvl for your RG, mine got resisted a lot.

His abilities are maxed for his level, not sure the the exact level of the skill.

It definitely does get resisted more than the previous encounter, but I find it hits often enough to be a major factor in the fight. The biggie is Poes offence down. I find that stops many of the 1-shot kills, but even then once in a while he does 1-shot someone, sometimes he will down two guys at once but even then it's usually doable.
  • sid
    232 posts Member
    Options
    RG gets 70% potency at G8. Teebo's special stealths for 3 turns at lvl 4. Chewie's basic has 40% chance to remove turn meter at lvl 5. Poe can offense down. Old Ben is good at dying.
  • Starjumper
    993 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Comments removed

Edit - I retract these comments. I thought I had done the lv72 challenge before today when I hadn't and can now see the problem.
    Post edited by Starjumper on
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    I go with
    Boba Fett 5* lvl 70 gear VIII (L)
    Mace Windu 5* lvl 70 gear VIII
    Stormtrooper 4* lvl 70 gear VI
    Chewbacca 4* lvl 53 gear VI
    RG 4* lvl 45 gear VI

And the most valuable assets are RG for stun, Chewbacca for turn meter reduction and Mace for damage.
    Boba and Stormtrooper are just there to fill the spots. Bboa and stormtrooper deal almost no damage. Mace with shatterpoint does all the job. Expose on boss is sick damage. He gets him down with 2-3 attacks. And RG and chewie keeps the boss contained.
    The only problem with the new tank challenge is that i lose it on auto because my team goes for the droids :(
  • Options
    So far I have lost more than I have won, 3 losses to every 1 win with these guys:

4* 72 RG
    4* 63 chewie
    4* 57 Jedi Guardian
    5* 52 Teebo
    2* 48 IG100

They are pretty poor all told but when the stars align to let RG and Teebo's control abilities keep him locked up it's enough to whittle him down
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    My team is l72 gear 8 4* RG, 6* Mace Windu level 60 gear 6, lvl 43 3* CT 5's gear 6, lvl 40 2* JKG gear 4, and l 54 gear 6 4* Chewie. I completed without much trouble the first 2 times, then it took about 7 tries for the last attempts. So, i think you can do it even with what you have, but it takes a long time. I don't plan on upgrading any of these tanks anytime soon.
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    Options
    72 tank battle is definately difficult, especially since very few tank characters are actually used in other modes, so most people don't have any of them levelled.

My team:
    lvl 70 Obi 7* Eqip IX
    lvl 72 RG 7* Eqip VIII
    lvl 71 Stormtrooper 7* Eqip VII
    lvl 55 Boba 6* Eqip VI
    lvl 33 Mace 4* (I have literally nothing else to really fit into this slot)

All abilities at least lvl 3.

With that team it is still somewhat difficult, If I autobattle I will get crushed. But since I can do it with that team I am not wasting credits on mace or boba just to make it easier. Enemy mace oneshots stormtrooper and my mace, usually end up winning with just 2 characters left alive.
  • Options
    I've struggled all day with this challenge. I currently have:

Lvl 70 Chewy 5*
    Lvl 63 Poe 4*
    Lvl 61 Finn 4*
    Lvl 60 RG 4*
    Lvl 55 Boba 4*
    Lvl 50 ST Han 4*
    Lvl 44 Teebo 4* (soon to be 5*)

I have tried every possible combination and can't get there yet. I also have a Lvl 45 Plo Koon 4* whom I haven't tried yet, but I don't think that he will so any better.

I actually like it that there is a challenge that I will have to work up to. I'm sure that the day will come when we see this challenge as easy, but it may take another few days to get there. I don't want to sink too many resources into these guys, although I can upgrade Teebo through GW if required.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @Haydigan Teebo lead, RG, Chewie, Poe and Bobba. Teebo can stealth your guys, Chewie can take turn meter away, RG for the stuns, Poe for the expose and Bobba for the ability blocks. Try it more than once not once and give up!
  • Options
    I am using 4star, level 52 Teebo, gear 7,4star chewie,4star poe,4 star RG and 2star FOST, totol power only 13k and yet I can beat windu. As long as RG's stun is upgraded to 80% chance you will not have the problem