Is my team purely too weak for the Mace Windu Tank Challenge?

Replies

• Options
    I'm basically in the same boat, with RG 70 4* G7, 5's 65 5* G8, chewie, jkg and fost at irrelevant stats. I have to pray to the RNGods to get in a speed reduction in the first round before he attacks, and then at least 3 RG stuns during the rest of the match. 5's helps here with his assist, but it's still a pain. For a "tank" challenge, mace one shots every "tank" I have :(

Btw, I'm taking 15k~ish shots by his special, not 22+ (on crits yeah, but only on crits).

I have also tried hitting the droids (as per the suggestion), and after killing one i managed to get 3 stuns in a row, although the 4th was resisted, so probably just luck. I also tried hitting the droids with all my characters while keeping mace stunned, but the stun rate didn't seem to deviate much from focusing all on him.

The difficulty spike between tier 3 and 4 without proper tanks is inmense, if you got at least a couple decent ones, it's probably easier.

On the other hand, a "tank only" challenge would be expected to be a challenge, and require some good tanks, just wished they weren't so useless in general XD
  • Options
    The big change for me is that RG no longer stuns as much. It's still doable as I get maybe a do over once every five goes and I generally lose one or two toons per go. So it's harder but still doable. Teebo still does his turn meter reduction as does Chewie. Bit RG is in no way a certain stun these days.
  • Options
    Uhhhh level 72 tank challenge is no joke. I can't beat it. Had no problem with the prior challenge at all, could auto it all day. But this one..... Maces turn meter is at 50-60%immediately after an attack, and he OHKO anyone but by his special, granting him a second attack...

I do
    Teebo (L) 7*
    FOST 4*
    Chewie 5*
    RG 2 *.....
    Poe 5*

I just do not have the resources for these guys because I use them literally nowhere else
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Options
    The 72 release I got spanked. Mainly because I had only my mace to handle it at 72 7*. Previously him being jacked up would take care of everything. I went in tonight to a different story. My other toons highest was 57 and 4-5 stars. I used to have chewy do the leading for defense. RG, IG100, storm trooper, chewy and mace as my team and it wasn't a problem. Tonight like I said, it was was the revenge of the purple saber.

So, since I had 4* old Ben on the bench I swapped out the storm trooper for him. I leveled Ben up to 63, unlocked his unique ability and made him leader with 10% evade. It worked great. AI mace had trouble landing some shots, plus if he killed old Ben my mace had some tasty buffs for that @$$. I won every encounter just by doing that.
  • Options
    I feel your pain. I'll probably miss out on the tank challenge as well.. My team:
    ST Han 3* gear 5 (lead) just got him today
    Chewie 4* gear 6 never really farmed him
    RG 4* gear 6
    FOST 3* gear 7
    IG 100 3* gear 6
    Teebo 2* gear 5
    ST 3* gear 6
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    I have
    Mace Windu 5* lvl 65
    Chewie 4* lvl 62
    Old Ben 5* lvl 71
    RG 3* lvl 40
    Fives 5* lvl 63
    I won with only Fives left standing i didn't get any stuns or speed downs lets see what the second time around lookes like.

• dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Options
    Also, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is up with the red skull?
  • Options
    I've also noticed Mace will ignore taunts. Is that supposed to happen? Chewie taunted and he proceeded to attack others. Anyone else get this?
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    ST Han 5* gear6 lv51

Mace 7* gear8 lv70

Poe 6* gear8 lv70

555s 4* gear8 lv63

RG 4* gear6 lv43

I don't get any stuns from RG - everything gets resisted, but if I manually target Mace and he doesn't go Smite crazy, I take him down easily enough.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Its the easiest challenge by far.

7* Han
    7* Bobba
    6* Windu
    5* Fives
    6* Ben

Takes about 3 minutes
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    At 72 you really need one of two things:
    1) A lot of fire power and health
    Or
    2) Stun (RG) + turn meter manipulation

Even if you have stunners/tm manipulation, you need at least 1 decent dps to keep whaling on Mace
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    If u can use teebo to keep his TM down, ull slide through but he'll crush u
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    JKG is useless at 2* for this, hits like a pillow and not enough potency to land on Mace.

There are a few that have good offense; Mace, Poe, Han, will all hit about 3k on their basic if geared.

I run Teebo(L),poe,han,Ben,fives, poe/han/ben are max Teebo and Fives are 3*. Hope this helps.
    {RotE}
  • Options
    I have no problem with this lineup:

Boba Fett(L) 4* lvl 53 G6
    Royal Guard 4* lvl 71 G8
    Poe Dameron 6* lvl 70 G8
    Mace Windu 4* lvl 66 G7
    Fives 5* lvl 71 G8

Stun + Expose + Speed Down + Damage Debuff chance is a good combination to take him down. And focus on him, dont shoot droids.
  • Options
    The new gear in the 72 level tank challenge... Anyone know who that is for? There is no green dot showing
  • Options
    Phew, I finally got there. Thanks @Alexone for your wisdom.

For the record, I used Teebo (L), RG, Han, Chewy and Finn. I finally got a couple of stuns from Finn and RG.
  • Options
    Ok finally beat it with this team

[img][/img]Screenshot_2016-04-09-12-55-55.png

ST Han 7* lv72
    Finn 6* lv67
    FOST 4* LV55
    Chewie 4* lv42
    Teebo 3* lv50 (L)

Followed the advice on here
    Basically needed a lot of luck from teebo stealth TM reduction
    A bit of luck from Chewie TV reduction
    Ignored droids

[img][/img]Screenshot_2016-04-09-12-56-10.png

My issues with the the challenge are
    *taunt seemingly has no effect
    * Mace has inexplicable TM gains (teebo him and 50% reducing him to 0 and he gained 60% or 70% immediately) and it wasn't the droids.
    * Mace resists FOST speed down and Finn stun/expose EVERY TIME
    * based on the luck needed here I imagine I'll have about a 1/4 win ratio
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Yarzahn
    329 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I tried a few times, with a teebo leader (5), along with RG(4), chewbacca(4), ST Han(7), poe(3) - and i later replaced poe by mace windu (4).
    I jacked teebo and RG to 72, hoping to get less resists, but i still cant get RG to stun him. All the turn meter in the world from ST han passive + chewie + teebo couldnt save me. Poe didnt land a single damage debuff or expose, in all runs.
    All of them are at gear 4 or 5, most are in the 60-70 range, with the exception of teebo and RG which i got to 72.

I'm not bothering with it for a while. I am now working exclusively on teebo in GW, to get him to 7 and will slowly gear him and RG. Maybe eventually ST han, once I see the new meta. But it's a side project, I will not deviate from my other farms in hard nodes and cantina just for characters i use nowhere else.

And the credits and droids go first for my main team, while leveling.

It's weird how much harder this challenge seems to be. I have no problem with the other 2 gear challenges, auto on first day.
    Granted, i do not have a single tank maxed.
  • Options
    I have a very weak tank team for this challenge, because I've never focused on a tank directly for Arena/GW.

This is my team;
    Teebo 3* Gear 6 Lvl 61
    ST Han 5* Gear 6 Lvl 65
    Chewbacca 3* Gear 6 Lvl 58
    Royal Guard 3* Gear 6 Lvl 62
    Jedi Knight Guardian 2* Gear 5 Lvl 57

Yeah it's weak as ****, but I never use them for any other modes so I've not trained them much.
    Mace currently hits for 22k+ on his special ability and his shatterpoint does 100k+.
    His basic hits for 4.4K which is a lot considering my characters can't heal so I enter the battle with everyone at like 70-80% hp.

RG doesn't really stun him that much any more (like the previous challenge) and therefor I get rekt.
    Teebo using his TM reduction was really effective for the 70 challenge, but here everyone kinda just dies too fast for it to be relevant.

7* Mace, 5* Chewy, 4* Poe, 4* Boba Fett and 3* RG.

I get crushed unless I can land a stun with RG and like you, Mace resists all the time in the new challenge. Once Mace starts smiting me, that's all she wrote. They're like Mike Tyson uppercuts.

• warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    I can beat it now that I've levelled some of my tanks. Haven't won on auto yet though.

(L) teebo 7* g6 lev 70
    Mace 4* g7 lev 67
    5s 3* g6 lev 51
    RG 3* g5 lev 67
    Han 7*g9 lev 72
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    The key to this tier of the challenge is RG. First, he has a team-wide buff, and that clears Shatterpoint. Second, he has a ton of health so Mace can't one-shot him. And last but not least, that stun is extremely useful in cutting down how often Mace attacks.
    Given that RG is awesome everywhere else too, that's the place I would focus on personally. Even at 4* he is quite useful.
    But this tier is probably not going to be very easy to do below level 65 or so.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    The tank challenge just has to wait a bit. Have my last 3 Jedi half way to level 7 for the Yoda challenge. Can't be bothered to waste valuable shards leveling up my useless tanks for 1 piece of gear.

4*rg
    5*5555
    4*ST
    3*fost
    3*teebo
    5*chewbacca
    3*poe

Only one with abilities over 3 is the RG who definitely will be my next project. Until then I don't stand a chance in this challenge. I get wasted inside of a minute or 2.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I did it with

72 5 star RG. - one key here is get his gear up to 7 or 8 where he gets +30% potency.
    3 star level 54 (I think Teebo)
    4 star L60 gear VI chewie.
    2 star level 46 or so JKG.

Total power 12008.

This team is about 50%. I'm getting a 3 star L50ish Han to add to the team because it's to RNG dependant.
  • Options
    I tried and failed a few times this morning so had to invest heavily in my Royal Guard to bring him up to speed but now I can complete but not auto it. My team for this now is:
    (L) 6 star, gear level 8, level 70 Fett
    3 star, gear level 8, level 65 First Order Trooper
    4 star, gear level 6, level 60 Chewie
    5 star, gear level 8, level 70 Windu
    4 star, gear level 6, level 71 Royal Guard
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    The key to this tier of the challenge is RG. First, he has a team-wide buff, and that clears Shatterpoint. Second, he has a ton of health so Mace can't one-shot him. And last but not least, that stun is extremely useful in cutting down how often Mace attacks.
    Given that RG is awesome everywhere else too, that's the place I would focus on personally. Even at 4* he is quite useful.
    But this tier is probably not going to be very easy to do below level 65 or so.

Isn't it bizarre that RG is now "awesome" when in the beginning, and they had the pack where you can buy RG he(she?) was garbage?

Such is the life of evolving toons!
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    I can't autoplay it but only died once while manual control.
  • JSnow54
    176 posts Member
    Options
    Teir 3 he never gets to swing. Teir 4, bow down to the god that is Mace Windo. Took out all five of my toons on his first turn. Ouch.
  • Options
    Old_Tallen wrote: »
    Bottom line, yes.

I can do it on auto with no problem, for that I use:

Chewie 5* maxed
    Mace 5* blue lvl 70
    Poe 5* maxed
    RG 5*. Blue lvl 68
    FO trooper 4* blue lvl 56

I always lose at least one character, but Poes offence down coupled with RG speed down and stun usually carries me through. Mace does pretty much all the damage with his expose and if I had 5's levelled, I would swap him in for the trooper.

This is my team, but I have Finn instead of trooper. As long as you have RG's abilities maxed, you should not need Teebo.

• Options
    Had not promoted Teebo as I thought he would never be used. Promoted him to 4*s and upped his abilities to to 3, gear 6. Definitely helped the cause. The character is actually kind of fun. His guerilla warfare worked like a champ as I pretty much had 1 to 2 characters cloaked at all times. Was getting clobbered all morning by Mace as my RG is very average at the moment. Gonna have to mat his stun pike up to 6 as he seems to have lost his touch.

Just 7* ig86 today and have 15 shards to go for Poggle. I'm going to heavily invest all my Galactic credits into this little furrball.
  • Options
    I have worked on Teebo a bit to make it suck less.

Right now I am with:

Teebo - removes a huge chunk of turn meter if stealthed on basic.
    Chewie - chance to remove turn meter on basic
    Royal Guard - high chance to stun on basic
    Finn - chance to stun on special
    Boba Fett - basically because it's at level 72 with high level gear for some damage, and has ability lock, but Mace has a high resistance. I will replace with someone else, probably Poe or Magnaguard, which also have remove turn meter skills.

The ONLY TANKS with stun are RG and Finn. Once you stun Mace and keep removing turn meter, it becomes "easy-ish".

But right now I am not at a level where I can let it run on auto. That's something to say about the challenge.