Level 72 Tank Challenge

Prev13
tjbear
26 posts Member
Is there any reason... To make Mace Windu impossible to kill in this challenge? I have a fully geared level 72 Poe Dameron 7*, And he gets one shot by Windus little swirly blade attack... He hits 14k, and his basic does like 6k. Is it not a bid REDICULOUS That no one can survive such a hit unless it is maxed out chewbacca or royal guard????

Replies

• Options
    It is very easy to kill mace windu, even with nearly entire team at low stars/level
  • Options
    I believe defense up is a little more useful in this challenge. And it's basically praying to RNGesus that Poe's basic attack makes Offense Down stick. That and RG with the stun and speed down. :/
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Aramsham
    105 posts Member
    Options
    Ivan_Drago wrote: »
    It is very easy to kill mace windu, even with nearly entire team at low stars/level

he's right
  • Options

Technically, it's easy to kill any character...if you get stun off, dmg down, etc. But the level 72 tank challenge has Windu resisting everything that I've tried against him. I don't know about others, but I haven't been able to beat it.

Doesn't help that his little support droids are annoying too.
  • Options
    CPTRogers wrote: »

Technically, it's easy to kill any character...if you get stun off, dmg down, etc. But the level 72 tank challenge has Windu resisting everything that I've tried against him. I don't know about others, but I haven't been able to beat it.

Doesn't help that his little support droids are annoying too.

Hmmm..
    I run Poe (lvl 70, 7*), RG (67, 4*), Chewie (56, 4*), Han (lvl 56, 6*), FO stormtrooper (50, 2*)
    Only Poe has good gear.

Still, I experience no problems with lvl72 mace windu challenge
  • Lordul
    31 posts Member
    Options
    Aramsham wrote: »

he's right

i belive u play diferent star wars m8...tier V he use special he kill almost any of my caracter..plus is very very anoing he still atack till one of caracter is not dead or dodge him...IT IS RIDICULOS......I WILL NEVER BRING MAX LEV SOME CARACTER AND MAKE GEAR 8 JUST TO HAVE A CHANCE TO BET THIS ONE...
  • Options
    Lordul wrote: »
    ...tier V

It's Tier IV guys. Tier V is lvl 81 to unlock, so no one is there.
  • jagram
    94 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Aramsham wrote: »

he's right

No, he's not right.

With low stars/level tier 4 is doable but hard. Need Teebo, RG and lot of luck.
  • Options
    Im gonna copy-paste what I wrote on another post.

I have no problem with this team:

Teebo (L) 2* gear V lvl 50
    Poe 5* gear VIII lvl 72
    Old Ben 4* gear VII lvl 57
    RG 3* gear VI lvl 52
    Chewy 4* gear VI lvl 55

Just auto lock Mace and your toons will play with his TM. And thats all
  • PugVader
    438 posts Member
    Options
    It took several more attempts but I managed to defeat him 5 times this morning. If RG can continuously stun him and his mates take turn attacking Mace, then it's a done deal. However, Mace is resisting more now than before but he's still beatable. My tanks used against Mace are 4* (or less) and not leveled up.
  • Options
    So you're telling me that my LVL 50-72 team of 5* and up Tanks...aren't working and yet 2-4* tanks are...?

I don't understand how that's happening at all.
  • Options
    His SP will one shot almost any char. Fully geared 7* OWK down to 15% life. That is on top of instadeath when he hits you on the red skull of death.
  • Ivan_Drago
    639 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    CPTRogers wrote: »
    So you're telling me that my LVL 50-72 team of 5* and up Tanks...aren't working and yet 2-4* tanks are...?

I don't understand how that's happening at all.

Exactly. Perhaps YOU are doing something wrong? Clearly, different people may achieve different results with the same team... Maybe you auto first two battles and come to the boss with heavy damage?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Use the Furry Terror, Bane of Mace, Teebo. Even at low star and level makes a difference, protecting your characters with stealth and removing turn meter from Mace. Also RG clears shatterpoints with his def up.
  • Options
    I've beat it once in like 10 tries. It's very ridiculous. I have a level 70 7* windu, but not a lot of other high level tanks. 5* 5's, 4* RG, 5* chewy and 3* magnaguard. It's silly that I take almost no damage getting there and then he one shots all my tanks. I just pray I get stuns but the one shoting needs to be fixed.
  • Options
    You dont need 7* tanks all you need is TM manipulation

Teebo lead is a MUST because when he attacks in stealth he removes TM.

Poe taunt removes TM and can expose mace so you deal more damage

Chewy attack removes TM

Old ben special removes TM

RG can stun Mace.

Most of the time Mace will be stunned or without TM. He might attack 1 or 2 times in the whole battle
  • I_WANT_YODA
    540 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Team does decent damage with Fett as lead. Mace gets 100% turn meter when he knocks someone out, so yeah it stinks when everyone gets picked off. I can't find a description for that red skull effect either...?

I used to auto that challenge but now have to actually play it, but beat it each time even with 4* toons and two 6*.
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Options
    Exactly. Perhaps YOU are doing something wrong? Clearly, different people may achieve different results with the same team... Maybe you auto first two battles and come to the boss with heavy damage?

Wow. That's kinda insulting, thanks. I never auto the challenges, and have hit Windu with near to completely full health every time.

The point of different results from the same time is entirely RNG. So in essence, luck-based. If you and I have the exact same time with the exact same star-level, base level, and skill level? The results will only differ based on our strategy of targeting and use of those skills. There is no other variance in the equation aside from the luck factor (crits and status ailments).
  • Options
    my team is poe(L)7* lvl72 gear8 and upgraded ability lvls max, RG 4* lvl72 gear8, Chewy 4* lvl58 gear5, ig100 4* lvl43 gear6 and teebo 5* lvl43 gear5. i havent trouble to beat mace.
  • Options
    fikretkuru wrote: »
    my team is poe(L)7* lvl72 gear8 and upgraded ability lvls max, RG 4* lvl72 gear8, Chewy 4* lvl58 gear5, ig100 4* lvl43 gear6 and teebo 5* lvl43 gear5. i havent trouble to beat mace.

Seems like Teebo and RG are the core of what I'm lacking in this battle based on folks input. Thanks, Fikret and Darth V.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Team does decent damage with Fett as lead. Mace gets 100% turn meter when he knocks someone out, so yeah it stinks when everyone gets picked off. I can't find a description for that red skull effect either...?

I used to auto that challenge but now have to actually play it..

That red skull is a shatterpoint, it basically means that when Mace hits the character, it dies no matter how much HP it has. I think the damage there was around 100K non-crit. It can easily be removed by using defence up, though.
  • Timba
    61 posts Member
    Options
    I'm running it with a random level 55 3 star Teebo, a 7* 70 Chewie, a 3* 40 RG, a 6* 70 Windu and a random CT5s. It's somewhat doable to auto, like 1 in 4 tries if I Auto and then focus on Mace.

Basically you're better off removing any characters that are low and can't do any stuns/TM manipulation, since he gets 100% TM after killing one. A combination of RG + Teebo + Chewie + something will be able to bring him down pretty consistently.
    Timba ~ f2p since October ~ on LINE timba_timba ~ [FTB]

• Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried killing his droids? Maybe they are applying a passive buff?
  • Options
    Just reading this thread i went into the game. Switched out my mace windu and put teebo as lead. I got the challenge unlocked amd have won twice out of maybe ten tries. After just putting in teebo i won with ease.

Team:
    Teebo 2*
    Boba 5*
    FOST 3*
    fives 3*
    RG 4*

RG and teebo were definitely the difference makers
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    I only beat it once so far and it must have been luck. I'd have to invest in toons that I don't care to use in order to beat it regularly so I'm just not worrying with it.
  • Tiggerz
    62 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Its not easy. It is doable. you can even auto attack with certain levels of success. the team I'm running now is:

Han (L) 7* 72 that I'm strongly considering switching him for
    Chewie: 7* 71 his increased defense seems like a better idea for a 1 shot 1 kill windu
    Poe 3* 70 never used him that much so i never spend much time upgrading him.
    Teebo 4* 70 because...meh he's one of my few 70 tanks and when stealthed he ALSO removes turn meter
    and Royal Guard 3* @ 64 for reasons explained below

Chewies basic removes turn meter and RG has a chance (a slim chance at his current gear level but a chance none the less) to stun. Han also has a chancew to remove some TM whenever attacked. Poes Offense down can--again with luck--be a literal life saver if it pops. Between Chewie and Teebo they keep the attacks down to a minimum and you may only lose 1-2 characters when auto is up. You do have to make sure to lock target on WIndu or he'll wipe you while your team kills drones. Sometimes--like when they ignore target lock EA!!!--you may wipe anyway. Not much else you can do against any insta-kill character other than slow him down, stun him and pray.

Hope this helps others.

EDIT: Update: Chewie in the lead is a bit of a life saver, but you still have to micro manage (no clicking auto and setting your phone down) to make sure they stay on target. He's a PITA. but not a challenge. Grats to EA for breaking an easy farm. This is exactly what your players want: to sit and stare at our phone on a non-critical farming fight.

For those who don't have Old Ben and a well built Teebo, this setup works and can be farmed without paying for cards.
  • Options
    I dont manage to beat this challenge. Windu does some 100K damage like in the screenshot

R3vZVYw.png
  • Options
    I dont manage to beat this challenge. Windu does some 100K damage like in the screenshot

R3vZVYw.png

Was this will the skull debuff over your character?
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Gettin RG to gear to gear viii for the extra 30% potency makes it much easier.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Skull is called instadeath, you get it and if he hits you again you dead no matter how much health you have