Replies

• DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    JML

yeah he needs a lifter the most out of the remaining ones

Why? JML beats every GL on offense, the same can not be said for SLKR nor SEE
    Is this based on more videos you’ve watched?

JML beating Jabba or SEE reliably without butchering other teams in the process I’d like to see.

Edit: just combed swgoh.gg for data…

Last 5v5 season 98 people attempted to beat an SEE lineup with JML. 26 of them were successful, most of them against questionable SEE lineups.

Many many more tried JML v Jabba, and the results (which are even worse than the SEE results) are here: https://swgoh.gg/gac/counters/JABBATHEHUTT/?season=36&cutoff=0&sort=count&a_lead=GRANDMASTERLUKE

You can claim JML beats SEE & Jabba on offence all you like, but most people players would expect a much stronger evidence base before such a claim can be taken seriously.

Indeed, in the last season of 5v5, SEE beating SLKR had a higher success rate (44/149) than JML beating SEE; and I highly doubt anyone considers SEE as an effective counter to SLKR.
    Post edited by DarjeloSalas on
  • Options
    JML

JML beating Jabba or SEE reliably without butchering other teams in the process I’d like to see.

Sigh do I have to put in JML can beat SLKR every combination including dakka zombie cheese, Rey all combinations dont matter, LV with or witout maul, JMK with or without CAT, beats SEE but who is crazy enough to put SEE on defense? and why wouldnt you just use GG to nuke SEE if he is on defense, oh no JML cant beat jabba 100% of the times 😢 he needs a booster now now.
  • Options
    JML

Sigh do I have to put in JML can beat SLKR every combination including dakka zombie cheese, Rey all combinations dont matter, LV with or witout maul, JMK with or without CAT, beats SEE but who is crazy enough to put SEE on defense? and why wouldnt you just use GG to nuke SEE if he is on defense, oh no JML cant beat jabba 100% of the times 😢 he needs a booster now now.
    Sure, you can just make stuff up, but most players will look for real evidence (see my edit)
  • Options
    448d1gvsr285.jpg
    bfrozbkkfr97.jpg
    ly7gghrgbiad.jpg
    Average see counter, again why waste a GL when a much cheaper alternative is available, and anyone who even uses JML on a SEE is mostlikely a newb or didnt do their homework to prepare for their opponent in GAC, still JML will beat SEE on offense and that is a fact, just because some people are failing at it doesnt make it made up, i mean just look at how many plebs are in aurodium with 4 to 5 gls and are actually actively participating in GAC
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    448d1gvsr285.jpg
    bfrozbkkfr97.jpg
    ly7gghrgbiad.jpg
    Average see counter, again why waste a GL when a much cheaper alternative is available, and anyone who even uses JML on a SEE is mostlikely a newb or didnt do their homework to prepare for their opponent in GAC, still JML will beat SEE on offense and that is a fact, just because some people are failing at it doesnt make it made up, i mean just look at how many plebs are in aurodium with 4 to 5 gls and are actually actively participating in GAC
    Well, if your criteria is simply that it has happened a couple of times, then all GLs beat all GLs and none of them need a lifter. End of thread.

How you can equate people failing to beat SEE with JML with being a “pleb” is beyond me. Is your GAC history blemish free?
    Post edited by DarjeloSalas on
  • Options
    still JML will beat SEE on offense and that is a fact, just because some people are failing at it doesnt make it made up

#iamsomepeople

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    i mean just look at how many plebs are in aurodium with 4 to 5 gls and are actually actively participating in GAC

What's your ally code?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I still think Snoke should go with SEE and when there's only one member on the opposing team Snoke's passive ability automatically clones himself as an enemy that can be linked but doesn't attack.
  • Options
    Not every GL is meant to beat every other GL. That's why there are a bunch of them. The key is to have the right ones (or all of them) to have the right counters. Why would anyone use JML against SEE, when SEE is the hard counter to JML? How is it a fact that JML will beat SEE on offense? Do you mean consistently or like R9 JML with ULT vs. g10 SEE and scrubs one time?
  • Options
    Given where The Mandalorian appears to be going, I'm speculating that the lifter for SEE (e.g. Snoke) might tie into some future plot, and so CG would need to synch up with the show schedule wise.
  • Options
    Maybe Cal Kestis (survivor) will be a lifter for JML. It doesn’t make too much sense lore-wise, but then again neither does maul/LV
  • Devian
    671 posts Member
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Devian wrote: »
    SLKR works perfectly fine for me

Yes so does JMK, LV, and Rey. Yet they all got lifters
    JML and LV never had lifters. Unless you consider Piett a lifter. There was some wannabe lifter like halfmaul, but he fills more like filler

If this is your account, I’m confused.

vcx8ut42veab.png
    Sponsor of featured screenshot - dark themed datacron.
    Dark themed datacron: make your Ninth Sister a sexy beast.
  • Options

JML and LV never had lifters. Unless you consider Piett a lifter. There was some wannabe lifter like halfmaul, but he fills more like filler

vcx8ut42veab.png

I'm still confused that you find Maul a meh lifter, considering you geared him up to R8 and use him in your 2 different comps.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    448d1gvsr285.jpg
    bfrozbkkfr97.jpg
    ly7gghrgbiad.jpg

The ony thing this tells me is that 69 people were dumb enough to put SEE on defence....
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    448d1gvsr285.jpg
    bfrozbkkfr97.jpg
    ly7gghrgbiad.jpg

The ony thing this tells me is that 69 people were dumb enough to put SEE on defence....

Facts
  • Options
    JML

Really? I'd like SEE to get a lifter that makes him viable against solo targets so he can actually be useful in raids.
  • LordDirt
    5008 posts Member
    Options
    448d1gvsr285.jpg
    bfrozbkkfr97.jpg
    ly7gghrgbiad.jpg

I put SEE on defense. I put all my GLs on defense because I just don't really care too much about GA.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    448d1gvsr285.jpg
    bfrozbkkfr97.jpg
    ly7gghrgbiad.jpg

Facts
    Is “JML can beat every GL on offence” a fact?

Is “SEE or SLKR can’t beat every GL on offence” also a fact?

Is “LV will easily hit auto and kill Reva” also a fact?

I would love to know your ally code. Some users come to the forum to get advice. People shouldn’t be making bold statements like yours without providing any context or frame of reference for where that advice is coming from, in my opinion.
  • Devian
    671 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

vcx8ut42veab.png

I'm still confused that you find Maul a meh lifter, considering you geared him up to R8 and use him in your 2 different comps.
    Because when I had r7 LV and R7 Maul people said that R7 LV is meh because he is true ""end meta" character and can shine only if LV will be R9. I tried(because I wanted LV to be that good), felt like "hell no", then topics were "Maul is the key, he should be at least r8". You get the point. Well, halfmaul was really the key with lots of offense or simply saying overgeared. But well, nothing close to Cat that uner Ken could wipe every team undergered. And then we had Ninth Sister that felt more of a lifter. Plus all the dc benefit either LV with her or her with LV *shrug*
    Maybe omicrons can level him up to feel like proper lifter, but I'd be more happy if Maul's omicrons benefit only Mauldalorians and CG make another, better lifter instead
  • Options

vcx8ut42veab.png

Because when I had r7 LV and R7 Maul people said that LV is meh because he is true end meta character and can shine only if LV will be R9. I tried, felt like "hell no", then topics were "Maul is the key, he should be at least r8". You get the point. Well, halfmaul was really the key with lots of offense. But well, nothing close to Cat. And then we had Ninth Sister that felt more of a lifter. Plus all the dc benefit either LV with her or her with LV *shrug*
    Don’t know what to tell you. The Maul comp is the only one i have problem against with non GLs counters, both in 3v3 and 5v5. And I’m pretty sure I’m not alone in this case.
  • Options

vcx8ut42veab.png

Because when I had r7 LV and R7 Maul people said that LV is meh because he is true end meta character and can shine only if LV will be R9. I tried, felt like "hell no", then topics were "Maul is the key, he should be at least r8". You get the point. Well, halfmaul was really the key with lots of offense. But well, nothing close to Cat. And then we had Ninth Sister that felt more of a lifter. Plus all the dc benefit either LV with her or her with LV *shrug*
    Don’t know what to tell you. The Maul comp is the only one i have problem against with non GLs counters, both in 3v3 and 5v5. And I’m pretty sure I’m not alone in this case.

Same. Every time I see a LV team without Maul I am glad for the easy win
  • Options
    Maybe Cal Kestis (survivor) will be a lifter for JML. It doesn’t make too much sense lore-wise, but then again neither does maul/LV

I'm kind of hoping this is the case, and its less "Lifter" than "Filler" for a Jedi that isn't GR or OR to squeeze into that team where, at the moment, I'm just throwing whatever GR I'm using or gutting my OR team.

• Options
    I agree on NO for Dark Rey, another 3 seconds character isn't something I want to see.
    Snoke ideas on the other hand make some sense.
  • Devian
    671 posts Member
    Options

vcx8ut42veab.png

*shrug* datacrons. Plus, (proper) Mauldalorians are pretty expensive team, thats why you'll encounter Maul more oftemly and feel LV harder under your skin
  • Options

vcx8ut42veab.png

*shrug* datacrons. Plus, (proper) Mauldalorians are pretty expensive team, thats why you'll encounter Maul more oftemly and feel LV harder under your skin

I didn’t get that. So if LV+Maul is harder to beat than LV without Maul, it’s because of datacrons ?
    Maul makes LV feel harder, but it’s just a feeling because full Mandalorians teams are less frequent ?

Now if your overall point is that Maul doesn’t lift LV as much as Cat lift Jmk, I fully agree. We only have 3 GL lifters and Cat has the most impact by far, that doesn’t mean LV+Maul isn’t harder to beat than LV without Maul.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    448d1gvsr285.jpg
    bfrozbkkfr97.jpg
    ly7gghrgbiad.jpg

Facts
    Is “JML can beat every GL on offence” a fact?

Is “SEE or SLKR can’t beat every GL on offence” also a fact?

Is “LV will easily hit auto and kill Reva” also a fact?

I would love to know your ally code. Some users come to the forum to get advice. People shouldn’t be making bold statements like yours without providing any context or frame of reference for where that advice is coming from, in my opinion.

Some day my bill to require an ally code to post will become law.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Devian
    671 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

vcx8ut42veab.png

I didn’t get that. So if LV+Maul is harder to beat than LV without Maul, it’s because of datacrons ?
    Maul makes LV feel harder, but it’s just a feeling because full Mandalorians teams are less frequent ?

Now if your overall point is that Maul doesn’t lift LV as much as Cat lift Jmk, I fully agree. We only have 3 GL lifters and Cat has the most impact by far, that doesn’t mean LV+Maul isn’t harder to beat than LV without Maul.
    I'll just ask a question and you'll have the answer.
    Unaligned Force User Maul for Lord Vader is practically General Skywalker for Jedi Master Kenobi. He has his own faction like 501 - mandalorian characters uner his lead. He deals a lot of gamage and gains boosts from Lord Vader's leadership. Does it mean General Skywalker is a lifter to Jedi Master Kenobi and Jedi Master Kenobi has 2 lifters?
    Here is characters that have same impact
    Unaligned Force User Maul - General Skywalker
    Royal Guard - General Kenobi
    Admiral Piett - jedi Ahsoka Tano
    Ninth Sister - Mace Windu
    Grand Inquisitor - Ki-Adi-Mundi
    Fifth Brother - Padmé Amidala
    Some characters are just really good under some Galactic Legend character. Like Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker and Hermit Yoda under Jedi Master Luke Skywalker. Boushh (Leia Organa) and Krrsantan under Jabba the Hutt, Wat Tambor under Sith Eternal Emperor but they are not lifters. Unaligned Force User Maul doesn't boost team or Lord Vader in a way to boost his team. His simply performs really well. Doees it make him real lifter?
    Post edited by Devian on
  • Options
    . <aul doesn't boost team or LV in a way to boost his team. His simply performs really well. Doees it make him lifter?
    A lifter being a Conquest unit designed to boost the power of a specific GL squad, yes, Maul boosting the power of a LV squad makes him a lifter. As the difference between a LV team with Maul and a LV team without Maul is noticeable, job’s well done.

It doesn’t mean than other non-lifter units can’t be very important, arguably more important, in a LV squad.

• Devian
    671 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    . <aul doesn't boost team or LV in a way to boost his team. His simply performs really well. Doees it make him lifter?
    A lifter being a Conquest unit designed to boost the power of a specific GL squad, yes, Maul boosting the power of a LV squad makes him a lifter. As the difference between a LV team with Maul and a LV team without Maul is noticeable, job’s well done.

It doesn’t mean than other non-lifter units can’t be very important, arguably more important, in a LV squad.
    Then, Gas is a lifter to Ken, JKL and hermit is a lifter to JML, DR is a lifetr to SEE and Leia is a lifetr to Jabba. Every team has its own lifters. And actually, Maul do not boost LV. LV boosts him to perform well

• Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

Then, Gas is a lifter to Ken, JKL and hermit is a lifter to JML, DR is a lifetr to SEE and Leia is a lifetr to Jabba. Every team has its own lifters. And actually, Maul do not boost LV. LV boosts him to perform well

No, because lifters are Conquest units. There are 3 lifters: CAT, Maul, Ben Solo.

Maul boosting LV or LV boosting Maul doesn't change the fact that the LV team is stronger when Maul is in it. Edit: considering Maul allows LV to charge ultimate much faster, I do think that Maul boost LV.