Starslayer wrote: »
    Devian wrote: »
    SLKR works perfectly fine for me

Yes so does JMK, LV, and Rey. Yet they all got lifters
    JML and LV never had lifters. Unless you consider Piett a lifter. There was some wannabe lifter like halfmaul, but he fills more like filler

If this is your account, I’m confused.

vcx8ut42veab.png
    Sponsor of featured screenshot - dark themed datacron.
    Dark themed datacron: make your Ninth Sister a sexy beast.

I'm still confused that you find Maul a meh lifter, considering you geared him up to R8 and use him in your 2 different comps.
    Because when I had r7 LV and R7 Maul people said that LV is meh because he is true end meta character and can shine only if LV will be R9. I tried, felt like "hell no", then topics were "Maul is the key, he should be at least r8". You get the point. Well, halfmaul was really the key with lots of offense. But well, nothing close to Cat. And then we had Ninth Sister that felt more of a lifter. Plus all the dc benefit either LV with her or her with LV *shrug*
    Don’t know what to tell you. The Maul comp is the only one i have problem against with non GLs counters, both in 3v3 and 5v5. And I’m pretty sure I’m not alone in this case.
    *shrug* datacrons. Plus, (proper) Mauldalorians are pretty expensive team, thats why you'll encounter Maul more oftemly and feel LV harder under your skin

I didn’t get that. So if LV+Maul is harder to beat than LV without Maul, it’s because of datacrons ?
    Maul makes LV feel harder, but it’s just a feeling because full Mandalorians teams are less frequent ?

Now if your overall point is that Maul doesn’t lift LV as much as Cat lift Jmk, I fully agree. We only have 3 GL lifters and Cat has the most impact by far, that doesn’t mean LV+Maul isn’t harder to beat than LV without Maul.
    I'll just ask a question and you'll have the answer.
    halfmaul for LV is practically Goose for Ken. He has his own 501 - mauldalorians. He deals a lot of gamage and gain boosts from LV's leadership. Does it mean Goose is a lifter to Ken and Ken has 2 lifters?
    Halfmaul - Goose
    Royalty - GK
    Piett - Barbie/Snips
    NinthS - Windows
    Baldie/ GI - Daikon
    FifthB - Padme
    Some characters are just really good under some GL. Like JKL and Hermit Yoda under JML. BHLeia and GrrSanta under Jabba, Wat under Crippletine but they are not lifters. <aul doesn't boost team or LV in a way to boost his team. His simply performs really well. Doees it make him lifter?

You might need to reboot your ChatGPT. It's typing indecipherable text that makes absolutely no sense.
  • Options
    . <aul doesn't boost team or LV in a way to boost his team. His simply performs really well. Doees it make him lifter?
    A lifter being a Conquest unit designed to boost the power of a specific GL squad, yes, Maul boosting the power of a LV squad makes him a lifter. As the difference between a LV team with Maul and a LV team without Maul is noticeable, job’s well done.

It doesn’t mean than other non-lifter units can’t be very important, arguably more important, in a LV squad.
    Then, Gas is a lifter to Ken, JKL and hermit is a lifter to JML, DR is a lifetr to SEE and Leia is a lifetr to Jabba. Every team has its own lifters. And actually, Maul do not boost LV. LV boosts him to perform well

No, because lifters are Conquest units. There are 3 lifters: CAT, Maul, Ben Solo.

Maul boosting LV or LV boosting Maul doesn't change the fact that the LV team is stronger when Maul is in it. Edit: considering Maul allows LV to charge ultimate much faster, I do think that Maul boost LV.

Personal experience. I was struggling to beat JMK at all - and certainly not consistently without Maul. Once I had him that changed straight away. So to me Maul absolutely lifted LV
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    . <aul doesn't boost team or LV in a way to boost his team. His simply performs really well. Doees it make him lifter?
    A lifter being a Conquest unit designed to boost the power of a specific GL squad, yes, Maul boosting the power of a LV squad makes him a lifter. As the difference between a LV team with Maul and a LV team without Maul is noticeable, job’s well done.

It doesn’t mean than other non-lifter units can’t be very important, arguably more important, in a LV squad.
    Then, Gas is a lifter to Ken, JKL and hermit is a lifter to JML, DR is a lifetr to SEE and Leia is a lifetr to Jabba. Every team has its own lifters. And actually, Maul do not boost LV. LV boosts him to perform well

No, because lifters are Conquest units. There are 3 lifters: CAT, Maul, Ben Solo.

Maul boosting LV or LV boosting Maul doesn't change the fact that the LV team is stronger when Maul is in it. Edit: considering Maul allows LV to charge ultimate much faster, I do think that Maul boost LV.

Personal experience. I was struggling to beat JMK at all - and certainly not consistently without Maul. Once I had him that changed straight away. So to me Maul absolutely lifted LV
    Devian doesn't understand what people mean by the term "lifter".

He also claims "Maul do not boost LV", which ignores the part of LV's leader ability that grants the team reduced damage from enemy Lightside Unaligned force users IF there's an unaligned force user on LV's team.

I know his counter is to say that 9th sister, as an unaligned force user, does that too, but what 9th sister doesn't do is address the biggest drawback in LV's kit: LV takes a long time to ramp up damage and start dishing out punishment to the enemy. Maul lifts LV's effectiveness because he can immediately deal high damage whilst LV gets himself set up. 9th sister absolutely does not do that.
  • Devian
    671 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

CG never said lifter are limited to conquest. Conquest is simply a place where you can get characters supposed to be "epic" or "Hero Jorney" - old term that we probably won't see.
    Ken's team is stronger when GAS is in it.
    Gas with Ahsoka allows Ken to charge ultimate much faster
    But ok, I worgot that Anguish on Maul is a debuff so you can say he helps LV to charge faster. Though probably thnx to datacrons, Inquisitors feel the same

Still, if Maul can be considered a lifter so do GAS. Ken has 2 lifters. We need another lifter for LV
  • Stokat
    829 posts Member
    Options

CG never said lifter are limited to conquest. Conquest is simply a place where you can get characters supposed to be "epic" or "Hero Jorney" - old term that we probably won't see.
    But ok, I worgot that Anguish on Maul is a debuff so you can say he helps LV to charge faster. Though probably thnx to datacrons, Inquisitors feel the same

Still, if Maul can be considered a lifter so do GAS. Ken has 2 lifters. We need another lifter for LV

Yes we have already established that you have you clue what a lifter toon actually is and what everybody else is talking about. Also please stop with your ridiculous nicknames, there are no “Ken” or “Goose”. Thank you.
  • Options

I think what you're missing is that CG has specifically identified which units are "lifter" units. So far, as others have already said multiple times, they are CAT, Maul and Ben, all available in Conquest. Its not a subjective term that you can use with any toon because you think they make the leader stronger. If so, the term has no meaning. So GAS is not a "lifter". Right now the identified by CG teams with lifter units are JMK, LV and Rey. They're not going to create another one for LV. Doesn't mean another DS toon won't come out who happens to fit in the LV team well. But don't hold your breath for another "lifter" for that team
  • Options

How can GAS be considered a lifter unit for JMK -who was brought into the game years after GAS?

Might as well say RG is a lifter for LV then. Or Piett, Or Darth Vader. Or my wife.
  • Options
    CG never said lifter are limited to conquest.

From SotG feb 22:
    Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes Power Tiers:
    Marquee/Galactic Chase - ex. Second Sister, Iden Versio
    Journey Guide, Conquest Units - ex. Jedi Knight Revan, Commander Luke Skywalker
    Galactic Legends - ex. Supreme Leader Kylo Ren, Rey
    Galactic Legends with Conquest Counterpart - ex. Jedi Master Kenobi with Commander Ahsoka Tano
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

From SotG feb 22:
    Galactic Legends with Conquest Counterpart - ex. Jedi Master Kenobi with Commander Ahsoka Tano

Well they also called 50R-T a lifter
    We wanted a droid that would be a lifter to non-Separtist droids, giving characters like T3-M4, IG-88, and R2-D2 a new, powerful squad to be a part of.

So "lifter" is not limited to being a conquest unit or being associated with a GL

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/255968/developer-insights-50r-t

• Options
    scuba wrote: »

From SotG feb 22:

We wanted a droid that would be a lifter to non-Separtist droids, giving characters like T3-M4, IG-88, and R2-D2 a new, powerful squad to be a part of.

So "lifter" is not limited to being a conquest unit or being associated with a GL

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/255968/developer-insights-50r-t

I stand corrected, but not lawyered yet.

CG did explained that Conquest GL-lifter is some kind of lifter category created to improve an existing GL. Reading the title, it’s those kinds of lifters this thread is about.
    ‘Lifter’ is used for new units specially designed to improve a team, like 50R-T for non-separatist droids or the Spider guy for non-droids separatists. For instance, it will be inappropriate to call GAS a JMK lifter, as GAS was not created in order to improve JMK’s team.

Semantic debates are the best, aren’t they ?
  • Options
    SEE beats Rey and JML on auto with just Wat as a side.... how much of a ifter do you expect him to get?
  • Options
    I'm so confused.

What does Ken & Barbie have to do with Star Wars?

Is there a new Ken Doll in Vader armor & a Princess Leia Barbie coming out?
    A Barbie Starwars Cross Over Wedding?

Duck Duck Goose? Goose from Top Gun? Mother Goose?

What Genera are we in?

Microsoft Windows?

Daikon is a Radish. (I had to look that one up) Are we gardening now?

So very confused.....

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

From SotG feb 22:

CG did explained that Conquest GL-lifter is some kind of lifter category created to improve an existing GL. Reading the title, it’s those kinds of lifters this thread is about.
    ‘Lifter’ is used for new units specially designed to improve a team, like 50R-T for non-separatist droids or the Spider guy for non-droids separatists. For instance, it will be inappropriate to call GAS a JMK lifter, as GAS was not created in order to improve JMK’s team.

They are... Let's add more. CG only used the "lifter" term twice in announcements.
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    SEE beats Rey and JML on auto with just Wat as a side.... how much of a ifter do you expect him to get?

Again, something that makes him viable against single targets so he can actually be useful in future raids. He does extra damage against Jedi, so he doesn't really need Wat vs JML. But SEE gets killed by a Wampa.
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »

Again, something that makes him viable against single targets so he can actually be useful in future raids. He does extra damage against Jedi, so he doesn't really need Wat vs JML. But SEE gets killed by a Wampa.

SEE also may be losing wat to trench too.
  • Devian
    671 posts Member
    Options

From SotG feb 22:

If CG wanted - they would fix any unnecessary interaction between General Skywalker and Jedi Master Kenobi, Especially when General Skywalker and Unaligned Force User Maul have similar impact. I really doubt they didn't test them both, while with Commander Ahsoka Tano in a team, considering they stated General Skywalker is higher tier than Commander Ahsoka Tano.
    But whatever, despite his impact - General Skywalker is rarely put under Jedi Master Kenobi or Jedi Master Luke Skywalker in Grand Arena Championship. The only reason I compared General Skywalker and Unaligned Force User Maul - was to show the lack of direct synergy between Unaligned Force User Maul and Empire Units and lack in interaction between Unaligned Force User Maul and Lord Vader and in the process forgot about his Anguish status effect, that counts as debuff and not a neutral one(though even with this, some character like Ben Solo shows that characters designed for Galactic Legend character has to have more synergy with their respective Galactic Legend character).
    Post Scriptum: this is only a meter of time before "lifetr counterpart characters find their way to another "stores" or events, because CG can rephrase every sentence they typed, have a change of herat, rotation in ther "ranks" or any other reason. So the only thing that matters for "lifter" character - is impact. No matter the time that character was made. I guess this discussion exhausted itself and this boring and long type of answering is better suited to everyone's taste.
  • Options
    yddplxfiic90.gif
  • Devian
    671 posts Member
    Options
    I'm so confused.

What does Ken & Barbie have to do with Star Wars?

Is there a new Ken Doll in Vader armor & a Princess Leia Barbie coming out?
    A Barbie Starwars Cross Over Wedding?

Duck Duck Goose? Goose from Top Gun? Mother Goose?

What Genera are we in?

Microsoft Windows?

Daikon is a Radish. (I had to look that one up) Are we gardening now?

So very confused.....
    SLKR works perfectly fine for me

Yes so does JMK, LV, and Rey. Yet they all got lifters
    JML and LV never had lifters. Unless you consider Piett a lifter. There was some wannabe lifter like halfmaul, but he fills more like filler

If this is your account, I’m confused.

vcx8ut42veab.png
    Sponsor of featured screenshot - dark themed datacron.
    Dark themed datacron: make your Ninth Sister a sexy beast.

I'm still confused that you find Maul a meh lifter, considering you geared him up to R8 and use him in your 2 different comps.
    Because when I had r7 LV and R7 Maul people said that LV is meh because he is true end meta character and can shine only if LV will be R9. I tried, felt like "hell no", then topics were "Maul is the key, he should be at least r8". You get the point. Well, halfmaul was really the key with lots of offense. But well, nothing close to Cat. And then we had Ninth Sister that felt more of a lifter. Plus all the dc benefit either LV with her or her with LV *shrug*
    Don’t know what to tell you. The Maul comp is the only one i have problem against with non GLs counters, both in 3v3 and 5v5. And I’m pretty sure I’m not alone in this case.
    *shrug* datacrons. Plus, (proper) Mauldalorians are pretty expensive team, thats why you'll encounter Maul more oftemly and feel LV harder under your skin

I didn’t get that. So if LV+Maul is harder to beat than LV without Maul, it’s because of datacrons ?
    Maul makes LV feel harder, but it’s just a feeling because full Mandalorians teams are less frequent ?

Now if your overall point is that Maul doesn’t lift LV as much as Cat lift Jmk, I fully agree. We only have 3 GL lifters and Cat has the most impact by far, that doesn’t mean LV+Maul isn’t harder to beat than LV without Maul.
    I'll just ask a question and you'll have the answer.
    Unaligned Force User Maul for Lord Vader is practically General Skywalker for Jedi Master Kenobi. He has his own faction like 501 - mandalorian characters uner his lead. He deals a lot of gamage and gains boosts from Lord Vader's leadership. Does it mean General Skywalker is a lifter to Jedi Master Kenobi and Jedi Master Kenobi has 2 lifters?
    Here is characters that have same impact
    Unaligned Force User Maul - General Skywalker
    Royal Guard - General Kenobi
    Admiral Piett - jedi Ahsoka Tano
    Ninth Sister - Mace Windu
    Grand Inquisitor - Ki-Adi-Mundi
    Fifth Brother - Padmé Amidala
    Some characters are just really good under some Galactic Legend character. Like Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker and Hermit Yoda under Jedi Master Luke Skywalker. Boushh (Leia Organa) and Krrsantan under Jabba the Hutt, Wat Tambor under Sith Eternal Emperor but they are not lifters. Unaligned Force User Maul doesn't boost team or Lord Vader in a way to boost his team. His simply performs really well. Doees it make him real lifter?
    Ok, edited the part. Hope you and others like you feel better now

• Options
    What abt jabba lifter?
  • Options
    What abt jabba lifter?

He's already got Crumb, imo, the best "lifter" lol
  • Options
    Jabba doesn’t exactly need a lifter unit, although I wouldn’t mind getting Bib Fortuna as one sometime down the road.

If SEE gets a lifter unit to replace Wat Tambor, like General Pryde, then that’d be ideal. That way Wat Tambor could go with Admiral Trench.