Cere free pack

What changed in the rollout for Cere compared to Cal? The free pack for Cal was available both in game and in the webstore, but Cere's is only on the webstore. It's only one pack, but it is still frustrating for those that cannot access the webstore.

Replies

• BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    What changed in the rollout for Cere compared to Cal? The free pack for Cal was available both in game and in the webstore, but Cere's is only on the webstore. It's only one pack, but it is still frustrating for those that cannot access the webstore.

How can you access the game and the forums but not be able to access the webstore?
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »

How can you access the game and the forums but not be able to access the webstore?

Your email contains a "-" or you are under 18 but above 13.
    Hello there.
  • Options

My age on the forums is correct but my age in game is not.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Bummer dude... You should try to get your age corrected
  • Options
    Maybe you can get a digital fake ID?
  • Options
    The "-" in the mail is a pain in the **** since round about 2 months.. I can't believe that is a problem so hard to fix...Have the same problem...
  • Options
    Bummer dude... You should try to get your age corrected

I tried, but I don't trust the support channels enough to send them my ID. I was told the account was only a month or two underage, so I'm waiting it out.
  • Screerider
    1477 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    I also saw a free Fallen Order welcome pack, with 2nd and 9th shards.

Oh... 15 Cere shards, 25 Trilla.
  • Lumiya
    1583 posts Member
    Options

Take a look around here on the forums, there are quite a number of posts and comments on this topic from players whom can't access the store.

And I agree with op, why not include the pack in game again? Or even better, fix the bug.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    Lumiya wrote: »

Take a look around here on the forums, there are quite a number of posts and comments on this topic from players whom can't access the store.

And I agree with op, why not include the pack in game again? Or even better, fix the bug.

Because they're trying to incentivize people to go to the web store.

I agree though - fix the bug. It's just a matter of luck that I don't have a dash in my email address. I'd be livid. This is a problem with email address validation or poor pattern matching. Should be an easy fix. No clue why it's dragged on this long.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Lumiya
    1583 posts Member
    Options

Because they're trying to incentivize people to go to the web store.

I agree though - fix the bug. It's just a matter of luck that I don't have a dash in my email address. I'd be livid. This is a problem with email address validation or poor pattern matching. Should be an easy fix. No clue why it's dragged on this long.

I agree.

Well they are only hurting themselves then. I visited the store daily but I can't anymore, because both my e-mail addresses contain a dash and to be honest, I really don't want to create another address that I will not use anywhere else just because of a simply fixed bug.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    448 posts EA Community Manager
    Options
    Hey folks, just got word, on the 29th the Free Cere pack will enter the in-game store
  • Options
    Hey folks, just got word, on the 29th the Free Cere pack will enter the in-game store

Thanks Meathead!
  • Lumiya
    1583 posts Member
    Options

This is awesome!
    Thank you!
  • Options

Because they are trying to get people to sign up for the store..... There is no reason that anyone of age can't acccess the store unless they were too lazy to set their proper age when they started the game....

And yeah, there are at least 3 peoplewhining about not having access...do you have any idea how many people play this game... "take a look around"
  • Lumiya
    1583 posts Member
    Options

Because they are trying to get people to sign up for the store..... There is no reason that anyone of age can't acccess the store unless they were too lazy to set their proper age when they started the game....

And yeah, there are at least 3 peoplewhining about not having access...do you have any idea how many people play this game... "take a look around"

Then you have not looked enough in the forums.
    There are people whom don't have an underage account and still don't get the e-mail or the button(my boyfriend tried everything and still does not get it) or have a dash in their e-mail adress and can't log into the store since February, because for some reason it doesn't work anymore since then when your e-mail adress contains a dash. And no, I will not create an extra 3rd e-mail address I will not use anywhere else just because a Billion Dollar company seems not to be able to fix a simple bug for 2 months.
    If they wish to get people to use the webstore(which I did every single day until february) then they should make sure that their players are able to log in.

• Options

Then you have not looked enough in the forums.
    There are people whom don't have an underage account and still don't get the e-mail or the button(my boyfriend tried everything and still does not get it) or have a dash in their e-mail adress and can't log into the store since February, because for some reason it doesn't work anymore since then when your e-mail adress contains a dash. And no, I will not create an extra 3rd e-mail address I will not use anywhere else just because a Billion Dollar company seems not to be able to fix a simple bug for 2 months.
    If they wish to get people to use the webstore(which I did every single day until february) then they should make sure that their players are able to log in.

First let me say that issues with accessing the store are not trivial, and it's not just a handful of people but clearly affects a significant proportion of the player base. Buuuut....

Ultimately, the game has several bugs which are well known and documented (use of JMLs ult in ROTE phase 1, the erratic momentum count in GC, no names in ROTE leadboards etc.) and given that the game is free to download surely it is incumbent on players to take some of the initiative in dealing with these bugs. I know I never use JMLs ult at all in p1 ROTE just to play it safe. Personally, if I had to create an email address specifically to log in to the webstore because there was an issue with the one i'd ordinarily use I'd do it in a heartbeat. The daily packs alone with the free shards and energy make that small personal sacrifice worth it IMO.

Also, this isn't quite fair. You could log in if you chose to create a new email.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey | NORDIC KINGDOM is recruiting