Kit Reveal - Merrin

Replies

• Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    7* viability which can’t be achieved without paying money before she becomes farmable. Ergo, a pay wall.

False.

Oh I’m sorry, barring an incredibly lucky, what is it? .1% chance of a 330 shard pull in the packs?

You don't need to pull a 330 to get her to 7* without paying a cent.

It’s almost like if you play the resource management game correctly, you don’t have to pay for impatience.
  • TVF
    36642 posts Member
    Options
    7* viability which can’t be achieved without paying money before she becomes farmable. Ergo, a pay wall.

False.

Oh I’m sorry, barring an incredibly lucky, what is it? .1% chance of a 330 shard pull in the packs?

It’s almost like if you play the resource management game correctly, you don’t have to pay for impatience.

It's a resourcemanagementwall.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    I haven’t been so excited for a character and their kit in quite awhile only to be utterly ticked and disappointed with how CG gated abilities. That’s beyond greedy.

The whole “NS cheese” is a cop out. You’re literally taking arguably the best part of her kit and pay walling it. Just be up front about it. Way to kill some hype. You already put the relic amplifier stipulations in to control it.

Secondly why even have the neutral tag if you aren’t going to utilize it?? She’s arguably the most deserving of it after Hondo introduced it. In fallen order she literally doesn’t discriminate against light or dark in defense of Dathomir.

Idk, I was so excited for her kit release but this paywalling abilities is just leaving me with a sour taste in my mouth.

I don't really get why people care about the g12 thing. Not like she'll be useful prior to r3 anyway. And lol @ paywall.

The DS tag is definitely weird though. Agree that the neutral tag's existence seems weird when they refuse to use it when it should be used.

Because to get to G12 she needs to be at 7*. Barring dropping a few hundred bucks (pay wall) or getting incredibly lucky on a character pack pull, you cannot get her to G12. So that means wait anywhere from 4-6 months for her to be released, then another couple months for farming her shards at minimum. So yes that’s a paywall on one of her best abilities that’s a mass cleanse, revive and health and protection regen. Not to mention it helps trigger her unique as well. Idk how else you would describe a pay wall if not for this.

You admitted in your own post that you don’t HAVE to pay money to get her to 7*. Therefore, there’s no paywall.

Please research terms before attempting to use them, especially if you’re just going to condescend to others when they point out the inaccuracies of your statements.

The fact that you’re condescending yourself is just classic you, but I’ll be happy to retort.

Every marquee character is released with a 3* unlock. Meaning you have 280 shards to obtain to max out a character. So that means you need to farm the packs in order to finish off the character or pay $20 to get 30 extra shards from the marquee packs. So let’s say you don’t spend the $20. You decide to farm it in the crystal packs. With an average pull of 10 shards a pack at 1300 each, that means you need to blow through almost 37,000 crystals for ONE character to 7*. That’s the equivalent of $250 worth of crystals.

So unless you’re somehow pulling in that much regularly to pour into one single character and nowhere else on gear, refreshes, or other farming spots, you do need to buy the extra crystals. Meaning you PAY for them. That is unless you trump the odds and pull a 330 not requiring the long haul farm.

Actually the highest odd for pulls at 69% is 7 shards. So bucking that average you’re actually now at 52,000 crystals. Closer to $350.

But you’re right, it’s all about resource management or hitting the jackpot on a slot machine. Definitely not a pay wall at all.

hwlw4civd6vx.png
  • TVF
    36642 posts Member
    Options
    But you’re right, it’s all about resource management or hitting the jackpot on a slot machine. Definitely not a pay wall at all.

A "paywall" means there is no other way to climb it other than paying. So.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

So you’ve got 37k-52k crystals just lying around regularly? If not and you want her at 7* right now, you’re gonna be paying for those extra crystals
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options

So you’ve got 37k-52k crystals just lying around regularly? If not and you want her at 7* right now, you’re gonna be paying for those extra crystals

Having to wait to get something in a known timeframe is not the same as being forced to pay for something or never get it. And yes, I would imagine there are plenty that regularly keep 50k crystals lying around.
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Options
    If Merrin has Magick Stealth... Why doesn't she assist with Mother Talzin Special?
    She is literally out of the game with this ability.
    It's a bug or the description is missing something. Please fix.
  • CrispyFett
    987 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

Like anything else in this game, you're going to have to either spend crystals or money if you want the newest thing immediately. I wouldn't call that a "paywall", its the entire concept of how CG monetizes this game. As someone else already said, you only have to pay for impatience. I'm happy to wait until she is farmable (maybe even accelerated) and get her then for free. If there is something I really want right away, I'll use the crystals that I've hoarded from GAC and fleet arena. I don't have to spend a dime of "real" money though. People may not like how CG restricted one of her abilities until she is 7* and G12 and that's fine, but that doesn't make it a paywall.
  • TVF
    36642 posts Member
    Options

I have 90k. Regularly.

I'm not spending them on a marquee, but the point stands that I could do so more than once and still never pay a cent.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    I haven’t been so excited for a character and their kit in quite awhile only to be utterly ticked and disappointed with how CG gated abilities. That’s beyond greedy.

The whole “NS cheese” is a cop out. You’re literally taking arguably the best part of her kit and pay walling it. Just be up front about it. Way to kill some hype. You already put the relic amplifier stipulations in to control it.

Secondly why even have the neutral tag if you aren’t going to utilize it?? She’s arguably the most deserving of it after Hondo introduced it. In fallen order she literally doesn’t discriminate against light or dark in defense of Dathomir.

Idk, I was so excited for her kit release but this paywalling abilities is just leaving me with a sour taste in my mouth.

I don't really get why people care about the g12 thing. Not like she'll be useful prior to r3 anyway. And lol @ paywall.

The DS tag is definitely weird though. Agree that the neutral tag's existence seems weird when they refuse to use it when it should be used.

Because to get to G12 she needs to be at 7*. Barring dropping a few hundred bucks (pay wall) or getting incredibly lucky on a character pack pull, you cannot get her to G12. So that means wait anywhere from 4-6 months for her to be released, then another couple months for farming her shards at minimum. So yes that’s a paywall on one of her best abilities that’s a mass cleanse, revive and health and protection regen. Not to mention it helps trigger her unique as well. Idk how else you would describe a pay wall if not for this.

You admitted in your own post that you don’t HAVE to pay money to get her to 7*. Therefore, there’s no paywall.

Please research terms before attempting to use them, especially if you’re just going to condescend to others when they point out the inaccuracies of your statements.

The fact that you’re condescending yourself is just classic you, but I’ll be happy to retort.

Every marquee character is released with a 3* unlock. Meaning you have 280 shards to obtain to max out a character. So that means you need to farm the packs in order to finish off the character or pay $20 to get 30 extra shards from the marquee packs. So let’s say you don’t spend the $20. You decide to farm it in the crystal packs. With an average pull of 10 shards a pack at 1300 each, that means you need to blow through almost 37,000 crystals for ONE character to 7*. That’s the equivalent of $250 worth of crystals.

So unless you’re somehow pulling in that much regularly to pour into one single character and nowhere else on gear, refreshes, or other farming spots, you do need to buy the extra crystals. Meaning you PAY for them. That is unless you trump the odds and pull a 330 not requiring the long haul farm.

Actually the highest odd for pulls at 69% is 7 shards. So bucking that average you’re actually now at 52,000 crystals. Closer to $350.

hwlw4civd6vx.png

I'm not condescending; I'm using verifiable facts and definitions. I'm not applying my own opinion to a situation to make definitions fit my argument.

And I am right. It's not a paywall. There haven't been actual paywalls in this game since they got rid of Aurodium pack characters.

Thank you for admitting you were wrong in your use of the term "paywall". It's refreshing.
  • Options
    I LOVED the JKL event. If this next event could be a cinematic one I’d be pretty happy
  • LordDirt
    5052 posts Member
    Options

False.

Its almost like people don't understand stockpiling crystals for free.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    I dont, and not planning whale merrin, but as player who usually whale scoundrels...
    These complaints make me feel my money (for whaling a char) are worth again, even those chars i whaled are meh and have very little impact to my roster....
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    Here’s a wild idea

wait 3 months to farm her and then use her?

I’m sure you have plenty of other toons that are reaching the 3 month mark now to work on in the meantime
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Here’s a wild idea

I’m sure you have plenty of other toons that are reaching the 3 month mark now to work on in the meantime

Not gonna have a choice am I? 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • TVF
    36642 posts Member
    Options
    Here’s a wild idea

You're f2p?
  • Options
    Here’s a wild idea

You're f2p?

Everyone is F2P until they buy something, and then they are F2P again until they buy something else.
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options
    Here’s a wild idea

You're f2p?

Everyone is F2P until they buy something, and then they are F2P again until they buy something else.

Which is exactly the point. Thanks for running face first into that wall.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Here’s a wild idea

You're f2p?

What gave you that idea?
  • TVF
    36642 posts Member
    Options
    Here’s a wild idea

You're f2p?

What gave you that idea?

You said you have no choice but to wait to farm her. I guess that was incorrect as well.
  • LordDirt
    5052 posts Member
    Options
    Here’s a wild idea

You're f2p?

giphy.gif?****=ecf05e47brtdxkcpx2aq731rjr6hicxmaqnr5gcpc7dnpdxj&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Here’s a wild idea

I don't mean to be snarky, but are you serious? I assume you've been playing this game for awhile based on your number of posts. The entire concept of this game is based on choice. That's all there is to it. You can wait and farm her when she is free to farm, you can spend crystals to buy packs of her, you can spend real money to buy shards of her, or more crystals to get more packs. You can ignore her completely and bring your CUP to R9 instead or simply look at all of your character models, spin them around a bit and marvel at the animations. The game is literally all choices, nothing is mandatory
  • Options
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    Here’s a wild idea

I don't mean to be snarky, but are you serious? I assume you've been playing this game for awhile based on your number of posts. The entire concept of this game is based on choice. That's all there is to it. You can wait and farm her when she is free to farm, you can spend crystals to buy packs of her, you can spend real money to buy shards of her, or more crystals to get more packs. You can ignore her completely and bring your CUP to R9 instead or simply look at all of your character models, spin them around a bit and marvel at the animations. The game is literally all choices, nothing is mandatory

Just take a look at the history and you’ll see it’s on brand.
  • Options
    this is setting up a dangerous precedent. If you’re ok with no toons being viable before 7* then god bless.

It’s not about being viable before 7*, it’s about not needed her at 7* to get her at her prime. A character is supposed to perform poorly before starring or gearing them (even if they could be usable) which is why we star and gear them, which is why someone willing to spend and not wanting to wait will give CG some money in order to get the full show.
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    this is setting up a dangerous precedent. If you’re ok with no toons being viable before 7* then god bless.

It’s not about being viable before 7*, it’s about not needed her at 7* to get her at her prime. A character is supposed to perform poorly before starring or gearing them (even if they could be usable) which is why we star and gear them, which is why someone willing to spend and not wanting to wait will give CG some money in order to get the full show.

But isn’t this the first time it’s happening? Mara Jade, DN, Mando, etc were able to put on a full show with their kits prior to 7*. Now yes, the absolute best of their all around performance came with relics and full stars but still had their entire kit available in the interim. Outside of paper zombie when was the last time that we had a hard gear and Star gate on abilities?

Also, thank you for having a constructive conversation about this. It’s refreshing to not deal with just blatant condescending and insulting responses.
  • Options

It’s almost like CG never said they were going to incentivize roster building when certain people were complaining about sandbagging/highly focused rosters in GAC and have actually followed through with their statement…. Weird.
  • Starslayer
    2420 posts Member
    Options

But isn’t this the first time it’s happening? Mara Jade, DN, Mando, etc were able to put on a full show with their kits prior to 7*. Now yes, the absolute best of their all around performance came with relics and full stars but still had their entire kit available in the interim. Outside of paper zombie when was the last time that we had a hard gear and Star gate on abilities?

It is the first time (afaik), but I won’t blame them for creating a kit dangerously close to repeat the paper zombi problem and finding a way to correct it. It’s ‘pay’ or wait as usual, so I just don’t see why it’s a big deal. You can still use her at G11 if you want, but at a reduced power, as it’s supposed to be.

• Options
    Guys... My Merrin doesn't work. Don't know what to do, it simply skips her turn in battles, can't use her at all. I used the help in game but I still didn't get any reply. Pls help!
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    Here’s a wild idea

that's the cost of being F2P

Which is fine, i never had a problem with waiting 3 months to farm a toon to save $300+ per toon