Malgus Proving Grounds

13Next

Replies

• Options
    Abe_Fr0man wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    1rz2ubl81fdi.png

1c056jwbgiyq.png

I dunno. On the one hand, you’ve provided proof. On the other hand, ALL CAPS. Hmm..

I guess my issue was thinking R7 suffices when i really need R8 and a relicced thrawn most people have just sitting around .. got it.

Relic 3 for GAT is low, especially given he’s needed at r6 for another GL. Maybe try another GL though if SLKR isn’t working for you. Seems like LV is the only one without a winning lineup posted in this thread.

You say that as if everyone should have shelves full of GLs to choose from. Apologies I’m F2P and don’t have all 6 just sitting there. This was supposed to be a catch up event

I’m F2P as well, that doesn’t stop you from having multiple GLs. If you’re over the 4m needed to access PG I would have expected you to have at least 2GLs. As that’s not the case then it would be helpful if you posted your swgoh.gg so people can make suggestions.

More than happy to - https://swgoh.gg/p/369456342/

I was a F2P player (besides HDB), that went SLKR -> Executor (crystal income), and now Jabba (working on his shards in journey guide with all reqs completed for the new raid).

I don’t usually care about conquest chars - but this one will be gating the new SE fleet…

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Might not work, but JKL, HYoda, C3PO, BAM and Bossk might be worth a try. JKL lead can slow them down, he’s immune to fear, and if you can manage the death mark so it’s always one of their characters you might be able to RNG to the win. Long term Jabba is probably more in line with your farming than taking Thrawn to relic before the next round.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    SEE, Sidious, Marauder, Dooku and Vader worked for me. It took a few tries before RNGesus smiled and I got a few kills before SEE hit Ultimate , had linked Malgus & Badstila
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    1rz2ubl81fdi.png

1c056jwbgiyq.png

I dunno. On the one hand, you’ve provided proof. On the other hand, ALL CAPS. Hmm..

I guess my issue was thinking R7 suffices when i really need R8 and a relicced thrawn most people have just sitting around .. got it.

Relic 3 for GAT is low, especially given he’s needed at r6 for another GL. Maybe try another GL though if SLKR isn’t working for you. Seems like LV is the only one without a winning lineup posted in this thread.

You say that as if everyone should have shelves full of GLs to choose from. Apologies I’m F2P and don’t have all 6 just sitting there. This was supposed to be a catch up event

I’m F2P as well, that doesn’t stop you from having multiple GLs. If you’re over the 4m needed to access PG I would have expected you to have at least 2GLs. As that’s not the case then it would be helpful if you posted your swgoh.gg so people can make suggestions.

I was a F2P player (besides HDB), that went SLKR -> Executor (crystal income), and now Jabba (working on his shards in journey guide with all reqs completed for the new raid).

I don’t usually care about conquest chars - but this one will be gating the new SE fleet…

How many Malgus shards do you have now?......

From what I can see, you have two options.....

Option 1- Gear/ relic up the characters you have for the SLKR team I showed above...

Option 2- Keep pushing for Jabba as you have been and use that team....

180 malgus shards from conquest tokens / crystals

Jabba - I assume you need a whole R7 squad which I can’t resource out

So only option is to stop my Jabba Farm and turn to reliccing a useless thrawn and R8’ing a useless SLKR … cool game play to gate an entire fleet

I appreciate it but this is wack

The SLKR in the pic is R8 granted, but the Thrawn is only r5, you are goint to need R5 for Vader anyways.... I am FTP myself mostly and have all of the SLKR toons at r7 anyways....

I understand your frustraion and don't mean to be rude, but if you think getting a couple of toons to r7 and r8 is too much to ask, you were bound to be upset when you saw what the fleet requirements are going to be anyways, even Executor requires Boba Fett and Piett to be R8..... I am thinking we are looking at an R9 for Revan and a few R8 for the new meta....

• Options
    1rz2ubl81fdi.png

1c056jwbgiyq.png

Option 1- Gear/ relic up the characters you have for the SLKR team I showed above...

So only option is to stop my Jabba Farm and turn to reliccing a useless thrawn and R8’ing a useless SLKR … cool game play to gate an entire fleet

The SLKR in the pic is R8 granted, but the Thrawn is only r5, you are goint to need R5 for Vader anyways.... I am FTP myself mostly and have all of the SLKR toons at r7 anyways....

I understand your frustraion and don't mean to be rude, but if you think getting a couple of toons to r7 and r8 is too much to ask, you were bound to be upset when you saw what the fleet requirements are going to be anyways, even Executor requires Boba Fett and Piett to be R8..... I am thinking we are looking at an R9 for Revan and a few R8 for the new meta....

That's assuming that we won't need r10 from the new krayt raid.....

I wouldn't put anything past CG.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    1rz2ubl81fdi.png

1c056jwbgiyq.png

I was trying to break it to him gently :)
  • Phoenixeon
    1844 posts Member
    Options
    1rz2ubl81fdi.png

1c056jwbgiyq.png

Jabba R7
    Boba R8
    Krrsantan, boushhh, skifflando R5

Finished with 1 star
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    1rz2ubl81fdi.png

1c056jwbgiyq.png

I’m not concerned about any other fleet reqs. I saved up crystals to R8 Piett and will happily do so for Revan. I have all the current ships at 7*.

My problem is needing to level up random wack jobs that I have no other use for. That thrawn is needed at R5 for Vader does absolutely nothing for me, i have zero plans to go for vader. That R8 is needed on SLKR does nothing for me, it’s wasting resources on a char that does not need R8 for anything.

If anything, they should have made malgus a fleet battle PG considering he’s gating a fleet.

Well, apparently if you don't want to farm up one of the other 5 GL that work along with their squads, those "random whack jobs" and R8 SLKR are needed aren't they?.....

I didn't WANT to farm up R5 Dengar or R8 Boba for Executor and I bet neither did you, yet here we are :)
  • KDC99X
    762 posts Member
    Options
    That fact that you think Thrawn is a “random whack job” is telling…
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    1rz2ubl81fdi.png

1c056jwbgiyq.png

I’m not concerned about any other fleet reqs. I saved up crystals to R8 Piett and will happily do so for Revan. I have all the current ships at 7*.

My problem is needing to level up random wack jobs that I have no other use for. That thrawn is needed at R5 for Vader does absolutely nothing for me, i have zero plans to go for vader. That R8 is needed on SLKR does nothing for me, it’s wasting resources on a char that does not need R8 for anything.

If anything, they should have made malgus a fleet battle PG considering he’s gating a fleet.

Well, apparently if you don't want to farm up one of the other 5 GL that work along with their squads, those "random whack jobs" and R8 SLKR are needed aren't they?.....

I didn't WANT to farm up R5 Dengar or R8 Boba for Executor and I bet neither did you, yet here we are :)

Actually, that was different because most of the exec reqs are astonishingly USED with executor.

Does thrawn run in the SE fleet? Does he pilot a ship in their fleet? Do you use him in a SE squad? No.

Same for a R8 SLKR … is there a secret Sith Empire squad that uses him as a 5th? Please tell me if so i would love to hear it

I don't recall ever using Dengar with Exec, but OK....

And no, obviously Thrawn doesn't run in an SE fleet etc...

The bottom line is, you have a fairly young account in relation to how long the game had been out etc... You can't just expect to farm up one 3 year old GL and beat everything the game throws at you, that just isn't how it works... These proving grounds missions are not unlike any other game modes, if you want to be successful across many aspects of the game you need to build up a diverse roster you can use, which is going to take farming more than one team...
  • Notthatguyfrombefore
    1108 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    KDC99X wrote: »
    That fact that you think Thrawn is a “random whack job” is telling…

He is a random wack job, when you have no use for him on any squad or use for his fleet.

Should have made a fleet gating GL a fleet PG and made use for those other GL-esque fleets.

Not requiring people to farm 12 chars for a whole new GL they don’t want just to access a fleet that has nothing to do with said Fleet

But every farm has unneeded toons. Take JML. Who uses an r5 lando? Or even worse the r3 cpt Han you need to unlock JKL before you can even go for JML. Then there’s SEE with r4 Krennic, or JMK with r3 Ayala, r5 clone sergeant and r5 BKK. ‘Wasting’ resources on undesirable requirements is part of the game for CG. You either play that game, or you have to accept that you won’t be able to do everything you want to.

Arguably you’ve been very lucky so far that your one GL, SLKR, is one of the most versatile in the game, being good in raids, PvE and PvP. Personally I don’t mind that there’s one part of the game where he doesn’t always shine.

Edit - also, GAT is a good toon. He can easily form part of a two-man team that can mop up lower geared teams with DV in arena and is a good plug-and-play with other teams and even useful with some GLs. Fracture can turn turn the tide of battles and allow you to counter GLs without one yourself. He’s underrated.
  • KDC99X
    762 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, Thrawn is one of the most plug and play versatile units in the game. Yes not as much as he used to be, but still very high value. Fracture and TM swap are extremely useful tools to have in your toolkit.
  • Options
    I struggled with this one more then the others. and the tie interceptor was horrible. I was able to get him down with JKL lead (r7), both Jedi Revan (r5) and Darth Revan(r5), Darth Malak (r3), and SLKR (r7) No clue why this worked but it did. Finished it with 2 hours to spare. spent the whole night before beating my head against the wall trying all possible combinations suggested in the forums. Maybe this will help someone next month with Malgus.

Will be leveling Cat now she's finally unlocked for the easy mode Malgus kill
  • Phoenixeon
    1844 posts Member
    Options
    1rz2ubl81fdi.png

1c056jwbgiyq.png

You ultimately need vader and thrawn at least R5 in the future, so you arent wasting any resources.

Unless you hold a grudge against something and refuse to farm it, and you are dead sure you're not going to change your mind.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    1rz2ubl81fdi.png

1c056jwbgiyq.png

Actually, that was different because most of the exec reqs are astonishingly USED with executor.

Does thrawn run in the SE fleet? Does he pilot a ship in their fleet? Do you use him in a SE squad? No.

Same for a R8 SLKR … is there a secret Sith Empire squad that uses him as a 5th? Please tell me if so i would love to hear it

The bottom line is, you have a fairly young account in relation to how long the game had been out etc... You can't just expect to farm up one 3 year old GL and beat everything the game throws at you, that just isn't how it works... These proving grounds missions are not unlike any other game modes, if you want to be successful across many aspects of the game you need to build up a diverse roster you can use, which is going to take farming more than one team...

We’re going to have to agree to disagree.

There are more teams and chars then ships. Gate a GL behind a conquest character .. fine.

But a whole fleet? When we already have only a few?

Cmon man

I don't recall any GL being gated behind a conquest character....

I do, however, recall Executor being gated behind Razor Quest (conquest character)

Honestly, I get why you are upset... "Harsh" requirements have been part of the game since I have been playing it (going on 6 years).... I used to get bummed out about them but I learned over time that I would eventually get past them and move on....
  • SotaDraken
    447 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    That's the rub...

Requirements for endgame content are expected to be not available for everyone but CG's strategy for this new Fleet is getting ridiculous..

When does CG cross the line that players finally say NO??

Conquests changes from 7 on?
    The Great Nerfing?
    Datacrons?
    Insane Proving Grounds?

Based on game data, the whales have been leaving GAC but newer players have actually increasing..

Just wait til those newer players get to mid-endgame reach where I am at (8 million GP) and still can't get it "engage" fully with CG's game...

😂😭😂😂😭

• Options
    1rz2ubl81fdi.png

1c056jwbgiyq.png

There are more teams and chars then ships. Gate a GL behind a conquest character .. fine.

Cmon man

I do, however, recall Executor being gated behind Razor Quest (conquest character)

Honestly, I get why you are upset... "Harsh" requirements have been part of the game since I have been playing it (going on 6 years).... I used to get bummed out about them but I learned over time that I would eventually get past them and move on....

I might have misspoke, but i was saying gating a fleet vs. Gating a GL is even non comparable. I would be ok if a GL required a conquest char.. because there’s many GLs.. fleets on the other hand - someone now picked one GL to get malgus and they get an auto jump on the main crystal income in fleets.

If they wanted to make malgus rotate in the get3 store right away i would be ok with it (just like razor crest was in the fleet store and PG was just a bonus).

But to have malgus only in PG and only available to beat with certain squads im saying as a gate is too much. I mean you still need a conquest ship after …

Which just highlights how much of a catch up mechanic Proving Grounds is failing at... Think of the mtgs that went into planning that and that's what CG decided that was the best for players...
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    1rz2ubl81fdi.png

1c056jwbgiyq.png

Cmon man

I might have misspoke, but i was saying gating a fleet vs. Gating a GL is even non comparable. I would be ok if a GL required a conquest char.. because there’s many GLs.. fleets on the other hand - someone now picked one GL to get malgus and they get an auto jump on the main crystal income in fleets.

If they wanted to make malgus rotate in the get3 store right away i would be ok with it (just like razor crest was in the fleet store and PG was just a bonus).

But to have malgus only in PG and only available to beat with certain squads im saying as a gate is too much. I mean you still need a conquest ship after …

You were right, we may need to agree to disagree here..... Not all content should be availableto all players and no matter how they gate it, that's their choice... It only serves to limit how many players get it and how many players will face it in GAC and other game modes....

That being said, and I mean this sincerely, good on you for expressing your viewpoint without "ALL CAPS" or completely bashing CG.... It's refreshing
  • MasterSeedy
    5199 posts Member
    Options
    Also, there's nothing you can do with an r8 SLKR that you can't do at r6 with thoughtful modding and a few extra attempts. And it usually doesn't even require that.
  • Options
    1rz2ubl81fdi.png

1c056jwbgiyq.png

Cmon man

You were right, we may need to agree to disagree here..... Not all content should be availableto all players and no matter how they gate it, that's their choice... It only serves to limit how many players get it and how many players will face it in GAC and other game modes....

That being said, and I mean this sincerely, good on you for expressing your viewpoint without "ALL CAPS" or completely bashing CG.... It's refreshing

Cheers, you as well. Overall I’m a big fan of the game and enjoy building up. I would compromise with fleet crystal income moving completely to GAC or moving fleet shards to a rotating skill based shard vs. standalone unchanging. :)

FYI Malgus isn’t only in PG at the moment. He was available for conquest currency as well during the last run, and I’ve seen him in the store the last day or two as well. Im a little behind on him as well as I’d never hit red crate before this last one, but managed to pick up 25 shards during the run. Hopefully he’ll still be available in the store the next two months too.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    SotaDraken wrote: »
    GLOW

GLOW - Galactic Legend Obi Wan (also would be refering to GL Oscar Wilde, or GL Owen Wilson (ultimate:"wow!")
    Kyber Crystal Adapts - Now Defunctified - Send ally request to 982-912-816
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    SotaDraken wrote: »
    GLOW

GLOW - Galactic Legend Obi Wan (also would be refering to GL Oscar Wilde, or GL Owen Wilson (ultimate:"wow!")
    GLTN is Galactic Legend Thread Necromancer