Bring back challange rancor

Prev13
This update has some major flaws, our guild of 400 million cant hit 130 million crate simply because we dont have enough jabbas, that means we can't gain anymore aeromagnifiers. And even if we did hit 130 million we would be spending that precious relic 3 material just for 1/10th of the rewards we were already getting from crancor.

Replies

• Options
    Not relic 3, raid currency 😁
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    You can get aeros in conquest....
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »

And you can get all the gear from raids from conquest as well what is your point?
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

And you can get all the gear from raids from conquest as well what is your point?

Just saying they are available elsewhere... Many of us have more aeros than we cn use right now, so it's nice to have more of a choice on what we get from rewards...

• Options

Just saying they are available elsewhere... Many of us have more aeros than we cn use right now, so it's nice to have more of a choice on what we get from rewards...

Yes sure, its more of a choice if you are in a guild that is gonna hit 260mil tickets. If not best you gonna get is 675 to 1450 raid 3 currency, which is what 530 currency for every 2 impulse detectors, 10 gold gear per 1 impulse detector, you get 40 gold gear and lose GET 1 and 2 currency plus im pretty sure getting crafted kyro tech is worth more than 40 gold gear
  • Jed_Eye
    176 posts Member
    Options

So because they are available elsewhere, you are ok with cg taking away major amounts of raid rewards?
  • Options
    My guild of 352 mil isn’t even getting close to what we did before, if choosing exactly what I want means getting less gear in the end I’d rather not choose. Gear I didn’t really need could at least be used in scavenger
  • Gawejn
    1106 posts Member
    Options
    My 350 mil guild made so far 26mil total. We skipp back to hstr. And raids become non existent mode again.
  • Options
    My guild of nearly 380 only has 10 jabbas. We don’t have a chance to unlock upper level relic mats until we all average around 2.6m score… we’re months if not over a year out from this maybe happening. Til then, we’re better off sticking with HSTR under the new reward system… 8475 mk1 and 4000 mk2 currency rewards…. For everyone…. No personal track required…

Just the most depressing thing though, brand New raids out, we average about 7.5m GP per player, and it’s a waste of time to use the mechanics. Just back to some stale HSTR.
  • Options
    Please do not bring back the cRancor. Yes, the rewards need a massive overhaul following the update in order to be anywhere near to what they were promising in the run-up to this, but cRancor was STALE. A re-hash of another raid was never what was needed, and I for one am glad the cRancor is dead forever.

Also, it would be much easier at this point for them to simply alter what there is in the boxes than to go back to the old system. I'm not saying it's better than the old, but let's aim for something which they might actually do, and there's no way in hell that they're going to go back to the old raid system now. They've never rolled back a change this big, so lets get them to modify it so that the promises in the RA weren't just a pile of ****.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Please do not bring back the cRancor. Yes, the rewards need a massive overhaul following the update in order to be anywhere near to what they were promising in the run-up to this, but cRancor was STALE. A re-hash of another raid was never what was needed, and I for one am glad the cRancor is dead forever.

Also, it would be much easier at this point for them to simply alter what there is in the boxes than to go back to the old system. I'm not saying it's better than the old, but let's aim for something which they might actually do, and there's no way in hell that they're going to go back to the old raid system now. They've never rolled back a change this big, so lets get them to modify it so that the promises in the RA weren't just a pile of ****.

Crancor is stale sure but what about every other guild under 400mil that will be stock doing the hsith for the foreseeable future, isnt that more stale?

I dont see in a million year for them to be adding crancor rewards to the hsith raid for everyone else that isnt the top 5% of the player base who cant do the new raid
  • Options

Crancor is stale sure but what about every other guild under 400mil that will be stock doing the hsith for the foreseeable future, isnt that more stale?

I dont see in a million year for them to be adding crancor rewards to the hsith raid for everyone else that isnt the top 5% of the player base who cant do the new raid

I feel like you're missing my point. I was saying that they shouldn't bring back the crancor, but that they should make the rewards for Krayt what they promised. That way a guild which was at crancor level previously would be doing the Krayt, and getting the rewards from that which would match what they would have gotten if crancor still existed, without having to go back to HSith. It is an absolute joke that guilds are now thinking of going back to HSTR rather than Krayt and just shows that CG have catastrophically misjudged rewards levels at the lower end of Krayt. CG need to do better, but I think we're more likely to see movement by asking for rewards for Krayt to change than by bringing back the snoozefest that was crancor.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options

I feel like you're missing my point. I was saying that they shouldn't bring back the crancor, but that they should make the rewards for Krayt what they promised. That way a guild which was at crancor level previously would be doing the Krayt, and getting the rewards from that which would match what they would have gotten if crancor still existed, without having to go back to HSith. It is an absolute joke that guilds are now thinking of going back to HSTR rather than Krayt and just shows that CG have catastrophically misjudged rewards levels at the lower end of Krayt. CG need to do better, but I think we're more likely to see movement by asking for rewards for Krayt to change than by bringing back the snoozefest that was crancor.

Yeah i think i didnt read your post properly sorry
  • Options
    CG have catastrophically misjudged rewards

It is cute you think they misjudged anything. This is clearly nothing more than a deliberate nerf that they hope pass off to the players. And it will probably work. Because the whales don't care and the casuals who don't visit the forums don't pay enough attention to notice they are getting nerfed.

• Options
    It would be nice if kyros had a dedicated slot in the guild store. I've yet to see any in there.
  • Options

Yeah i think i didnt read your post properly sorry

It's alright, I think everyone's a bit wound up/let down by the state of this update. MTFBWY

CG have catastrophically misjudged rewards

It is cute you think they misjudged anything. This is clearly nothing more than a deliberate nerf that they hope pass off to the players. And it will probably work. Because the whales don't care and the casuals who don't visit the forums don't pay enough attention to notice they are getting nerfed.

I was giving them the benefit of the doubt, some of the recent changes to the gear economy have actually been positive IMO, especially in gearing older characters to G12. It felt like they were easing the overall gear crunch so that relics were more achievable. Obviously this most recent change is a few steps backwards.
  • Options
    Some folks here will do any amount of mental gymnastics to defend CG, no matter how much cognitive dissonance it invokes.
    Jed_Eye wrote: »

So because they are available elsewhere, you are ok with cg taking away major amounts of raid rewards?

• AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options
    Some folks here will do any amount of mental gymnastics to defend CG, no matter how much cognitive dissonance it invokes.

Thinking of anyone in particular?
  • Options
    You know.
    AlexanderG wrote: »

Thinking of anyone in particular?

• Gawejn
    1106 posts Member
    Options
    The biggest problem with this raid is this. 50 players has to play 5 fights, win them and do it on highest possible tier of dmg....whoever created this scenario probably has no life..
  • tile
    51 posts Member
    Options

I don't see the problem with giving guilds the *choice* of what raid they do. CG would have to dramatically alter the reward structure to even come close to parity of what CPIT provided. Currently every member would have to do 4.7M in points in Krayt to get the same amount of MKIII currency to get 7 aeros. My guild cleared CPIT with 12 people max doing it. And it wasnt the same 12 but it was easily cleared by a handful of players. That is a HUGE change in guild member play if you expect all 50 to do high end points every raid. So unless they dramatically restructure you getting the same MKIII currency from the 234M reward box to the 94M reward box, this is a huge nerf to the reward structure.
  • Options
    tile wrote: »

I don't see the problem with giving guilds the *choice* of what raid they do. CG would have to dramatically alter the reward structure to even come close to parity of what CPIT provided. Currently every member would have to do 4.7M in points in Krayt to get the same amount of MKIII currency to get 7 aeros. My guild cleared CPIT with 12 people max doing it. And it wasnt the same 12 but it was easily cleared by a handful of players. That is a HUGE change in guild member play if you expect all 50 to do high end points every raid. So unless they dramatically restructure you getting the same MKIII currency from the 234M reward box to the 94M reward box, this is a huge nerf to the reward structure.

…and that’s exactly what I was saying they should do. You should have read my post. Completely reworking the krayt rewards is the only way they can make good on their word.

Why not change the other raids? Well, because as they are they just aren’t set up to provide a challenge to higher end guilds, or really anyone with 300m+ GP, without a complete rework. As you said, many guilds were clearing CPit easily with a handful of members. HSTR could be soloed. So there needs to be something harder (Krayt is the clear choice) with a reward track to match and exceed the old rewards structure. Reworking an old raid is going to take more time than it is worth, and won’t be well received (‘member the CPit launch?). Krayt is well set up to provide the challenging game play needed. The rewards need improving.

Beyond that, this is a major change to raid structure. CG aren’t going to roll it back, no matter how much we **** and moan. This is their shiny new thing. They could alter the rewards structure, and have done recently for the conquest path. That’s the battle to fight with them IMO.
  • Drathuk916
    631 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    It would be nice if kyros had a dedicated slot in the guild store. I've yet to see any in there.

Don’t worry they’re so reasonably priced that they might as well not be there. hk9zw90a9n6s.png

edit to add. Getting top 2-5 in cpit got you 800 get 2 or a little more than 12 kyros worth. Scoring 3.4 million points in a guild doing 130 million gets you 4025 raid 2 tokens so just over 10 kyros.
  • Options
    Drathuk916 wrote: »

Don’t worry they’re so reasonably priced that they might as well not be there. hk9zw90a9n6s.png

Bahahhahahahahgagagagagagahahagagagga 2000 for 5 for 5 XD
  • Options
    Drathuk916 wrote: »

Wow, that’s awful.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    The raid looks cool and I like the ability to change it out for a new raid in the future, but nearly every guild (if not every single guild) is getting worse rewards in the new system. CG gonna CG.
  • tile
    51 posts Member
    Options
    tile wrote: »

…and that’s exactly what I was saying they should do. You should have read my post. Completely reworking the krayt rewards is the only way they can make good on their word.

Why not change the other raids? Well, because as they are they just aren’t set up to provide a challenge to higher end guilds, or really anyone with 300m+ GP, without a complete rework. As you said, many guilds were clearing CPit easily with a handful of members. HSTR could be soloed. So there needs to be something harder (Krayt is the clear choice) with a reward track to match and exceed the old rewards structure. Reworking an old raid is going to take more time than it is worth, and won’t be well received (‘member the CPit launch?). Krayt is well set up to provide the challenging game play needed. The rewards need improving.

Beyond that, this is a major change to raid structure. CG aren’t going to roll it back, no matter how much we **** and moan. This is their shiny new thing. They could alter the rewards structure, and have done recently for the conquest path. That’s the battle to fight with them IMO.

bro...in a few raid repetitions, this raid won't present a challenge either unless they change the gated factions often...like every month or two which i doubt they will do. but even so, you overestimate the value of raids. they, like assault battles and minor events like that are a vehicle to deliver rewards. they present a challenge of "new content" for the first few runs but after that it becomes a chore or necessary evil to get rewards to gear up your roster for other events that most like more like gac or tw or tb...or conquest for the truly insane. so sure, rework the raid rewards...that's one way of doing it and i'm not against that but that takes actual work to think through on what imaginary gear item is worth what to devalue it in some way. but they dont have to rework an old raid at all. the other 3 legacy raids are available to select now. theres nothing that requires our 500M+ GP guild from playing any of them. they can easily turn on CPIT as well. but lets be honest...they aren't going to do anything
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    We all need go band together and all blacklist / never run the new raid until someone understands why

You first
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    After this first Krayt raid, it’s looking like Sith for my 400M guild anyway. Unless a more reasonable reward structure is put in place: something that offers better rewards for more gear/relics/effort required. Sith raid takes 1 SLKR squad to solo and gives out significantly better rewards than running 50 x 2.5M damage (that’s 50 Jabba and 50 Mando squads all at R5 and even a bit more damage required to earn 4th crate).

All the missing gear and GET mats from not having CRancor (and only 1 raid at a time) is pretty disappointing.