Kit Reveal - Mark VI Interceptor

Replies

• V01D
    117 posts Member
    Options
    Haruk wrote: »
    Wait.

Are people **actually** complaining about there not being two Conquest units **required** to unlock Leviathan?!? This is why we can't have nice things.

Also, since Fury is needed, chances are people will have at decent Malgus already, cuz ya know, he's the pilot for Fury....

There ARE two conquest units required to unlock Leviathan... Malgus and Fury
  • Options
    These reqs are not bad at all for endgame players, ymmv.

Also, thanks for dropping these a couple hours before GAC lock instead of after. Now I have a r9 Malak for GAC!
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    When will the chase event start? In a week tomorrow? After conquest?

Last time they announced it on a Tuesday and it started that same Friday...
  • Options
    I don’t understand why Lightside Bastila is such a mystery to so many of you. That is actually lore accurate. Bastille was part of the strike team that confronted Darth Revan aboard the Leviathan just before Malak destroyed its bridge. Dark Side Bastila never set foot on it.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    I don’t understand why Lightside Bastila is such a mystery to so many of you. That is actually lore accurate. Bastille was part of the strike team that confronted Darth Revan aboard the Leviathan just before Malak destroyed its bridge. Dark Side Bastila never set foot on it.

Neither did Darth Maul, what's your point?.... lol
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Options
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    50R-T and Bastila vs. BSF are weird, but not unheard of having weird reqs. Overall, not too bad

Also, good for Krayt dragon
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Oof. TWO R9s? Always knew the gear/ data signal would be my gate. Even 50R-T, whom I've never farmed, won't be a problem shard-wise; she's accelerated and on a 12 energy node, so that's easily farmable in almost 3 weeks.
  • TWrex
    32 posts Member
    Options
    Basty makes sense over Basty Fallen in the sense that more people have Basty Fallen at higher relic level. Basty is completely usuable at G12 or lower - so this gives an incentive to bring her up to R7 and more money for CG. And it's not completely unreasonable lore-wise.

The positive is that all of these characters are good/useable. No throwaways except maybe assassin... and even they have uses. Still - very steep requirements. But surprised Malgus is not going to be a gate for this.
  • LordDirt
    5008 posts Member
    Options
    TWrex wrote: »
    Basty makes sense over Basty Fallen in the sense that more people have Basty Fallen at higher relic level. Basty is completely usuable at G12 or lower - so this gives an incentive to bring her up to R7 and more money for CG. And it's not completely unreasonable lore-wise.

The positive is that all of these characters are good/useable. No throwaways except maybe assassin... and even they have uses. Still - very steep requirements. But surprised Malgus is not going to be a gate for this.

Technically Malgus could be a gate if you didnt get him already. Think of how many players cant get him or his ship.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Oof. TWO R9s? Always knew the gear/ data signal would be my gate. Even 50R-T, whom I've never farmed, won't be a problem shard-wise; she's accelerated and on a 12 energy node, so that's easily farmable in almost 3 weeks.

Can you expand on this a bit please? What should I be doing here with this farm? Refresh node so many times and such?
  • MasterSeedy
    5040 posts Member
    Options
    50R-T and Bastila vs. BSF are weird, but not unheard of having weird reqs. Overall, not too bad

Disagree.

First, I hate that max relic is required for a ship unlock -- any ship unlock. It means there's nothing you can do to improve it. There are no interesting trade offs to make with respect to whether you want to compete with others' speed or concede the opening move to your opponent but beat them with superior strategy.

Second, this ship is going to be comparable to Exec & Profundity in utility, but more expensive to obtain. I think that's wrong.

Finally, there are more hidden requirements. With Exec you had only one (Mando). Here you have two (Malgus and Marauder). I don't remember off the top of my head what Profundity had for hidden requirements, but there you go.

Finally IIRC Exec had one Conquest requirement. Profundity had none. Leviathan has two.

So it has 2 more named requirements, at least one more stealth requirement, and 2 conquest requirements instead of 1 or zero.

Compare the increase in requirements from Exec to Profundity. They were minimal, and came with one less Conquest requirement. The inflation here is much, much more severe.

I'm not going to whine about not being able to do it. I can, and in only 60 days (it would have been less if I hadn't just burned through my signal data making upgrades for the good of the guild in TB).

That said, I don't like the requirements and I don't think they should be this steep, for the reasons articulated above.
  • Options

Disagree.

First, I hate that max relic is required for a ship unlock -- any ship unlock. It means there's nothing you can do to improve it. There are no interesting trade offs to make with respect to whether you want to compete with others' speed or concede the opening move to your opponent but beat them with superior strategy.

Second, this ship is going to be comparable to Exec & Profundity in utility, but more expensive to obtain. I think that's wrong.

Finally, there are more hidden requirements. With Exec you had only one (Mando). Here you have two (Malgus and Marauder). I don't remember off the top of my head what Profundity had for hidden requirements, but there you go.

Finally IIRC Exec had one Conquest requirement. Profundity had none. Leviathan has two.

So it has 2 more named requirements, at least one more stealth requirement, and 2 conquest requirements instead of 1 or zero.

Compare the increase in requirements from Exec to Profundity. They were minimal, and came with one less Conquest requirement. The inflation here is much, much more severe.

I'm not going to whine about not being able to do it. I can, and in only 60 days (it would have been less if I hadn't just burned through my signal data making upgrades for the good of the guild in TB).

That said, I don't like the requirements and I don't think they should be this steep, for the reasons articulated above.

It actually has four with the Ebon Hawk ship!
  • MasterSeedy
    5040 posts Member
    Options
    TWrex wrote: »
    surprised Malgus is not going to be a gate for this.

Malgus **IS** a gate for this.

You have to have him to unlock his ship, and if history is any guide the event won't be easy, which means you'll have to have him at some higher gear tier (how high we don't know, but you can't just unlock him and leave him at g1, a reasonable guess is that g12 is effectively required, which means a lot of Kyros are effectively required).

You can't actually say that Malgus isn't a gate, even if they never specified any particular relic level

• Options
    Any tips on getting the blasted Bomber to 7* from just under 6*? Do we even refresh Fleet nodes anymore nowadays?
  • Options
    BlueNation wrote: »
    Joker41NAM wrote: »
    It's a few hundred years apart, but oh well.
    Revan was born almost 4000 years BBY. Maul was born like 50 BBY. There's a bit of an age gap in the two.

I feel like this is sort of like needing TIE Advanced, TIE Bomber, and TIE Fighter for Executor, even if you never use them with that fleet.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options

Can you expand on this a bit please? What should I be doing here with this farm? Refresh node so many times and such?

I don't know where you are in your roster, so I can't tell you what you should be doing. But if you do through the 100 refreshes on her node each day, the expected value of shards for 25 attempts is 8.33. However, with an accelerated character, it will be twice that, so 16.67 per day (longterm average). If you have done her marquee, you already have 50 shards, so that gives you an expected farm time of 16-17 days. On a 12 energy node, you only need 300 of your 375 daily energy, so it only costs you 275 crystals/day.
  • Options

I don't know where you are in your roster, so I can't tell you what you should be doing. But if you do through the 100 refreshes on her node each day, the expected value of shards for 25 attempts is 8.33. However, with an accelerated character, it will be twice that, so 16.67 per day (longterm average). If you have done her marquee, you already have 50 shards, so that gives you an expected farm time of 16-17 days. On a 12 energy node, you only need 300 of your 375 daily energy, so it only costs you 275 crystals/day.

I did the 50 refreshes just now putting me at 4* with 22/65 shards as of right now.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

I did the 50 refreshes just now putting me at 4* with 22/65 shards as of right now.

What farm are you doing?
  • MasterSeedy
    5040 posts Member
    Options
    Any tips on getting the blasted Bomber to 7* from just under 6*? Do we even refresh Fleet nodes anymore nowadays?

The only source for B-28 Extinction-class Bomber blueprints is LS 6-C (hard).

It shows up as a drop occasionally in some galactic challenges, but there's no dependable source I know of other than just farming it from the regular LS node.

If you refresh the node 2x, that's 75 crystals/day for 5 blueprints/day or about 22 days for you, I'm guessing. (20 to go from 6* to 7* + 0.2 x however many blueprints you are needing to go from "just under" six stars to 0/100)

That's honestly not long. We're probably at least 4 weeks out from the event anyway, given that it can't start for a minimum of 20 days (end of next Conquest, when we have the first folks unlocking the Fury Interceptor).

Start today, refresh the node twice each day, and barring absolutely horrible RNG you should be completely fine.
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »

What farm are you doing?

This is where I stand with the droid.
  • ophyjgjhnfn
    17 posts Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Also, just confirmed I need two more Conquests since I can't Red Box. So all my refresh crystal costs will likely be planned around 2 months rather than 1 since it'll save crystals for the nastiness of all those relics and buying the R8-R9 mats. Malgus needs 3 more runs so I'll only refresh once in 2 months. His ship needs 2 months. Bomber I can refresh maybe 1 time per day. Droid I can do 1-2 50s a day. Rest saved for new Chase, last Exec shards, and other junk.
  • RedrumCompost
    87 posts Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Also, just confirmed I need two more Conquests since I can't Red Box. So all my refresh crystal costs will likely be planned around 2 months rather than 1 since it'll save crystals for the nastiness of all those relics and buying the R8-R9 mats. Malgus needs 3 more runs so I'll only refresh once in 2 months. His ship needs 2 months. Bomber I can refresh maybe 1 time per day. Droid I can do 1-2 50s a day. Rest saved for new Chase, last Exec shards, and other junk.

garbage i posted
    Post edited by RedrumCompost on
  • Options

The intercepter is only going to be in 1 more round of conquest and then we'll be farming it out of the proving grounds. You should be able to get a few 5 shard purchases through the conquest store/wandering merchants though.

Right, it'll be counting on finishing up the rest through Conquest still but purchases.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options

The intercepter is only going to be in 1 more round of conquest and then we'll be farming it out of the proving grounds. You should be able to get a few 5 shard purchases through the conquest store/wandering merchants though.

This isn't true. Units don't go into Proving Grounds until one year after release. Fury will still be a prize in the boxes (and Conquest Pass) for the next three months at a reduced rate, and will be on scavenger nodes for something like three more full Conquest cycles and showing up in Conquest Store.
  • Options
    50RT is a ridiculous requirement, so is Ebon Hawk..
  • Options
    Great discussions about the new kit generated by this post. Maybe Leviathan reqs could have had their own post to discuss them instead of here?

So this ship regenerates when dispelled? Hey falcon, stop it! But don't stop, we really need that retribution off there.

These 3 new sith ships together seem like they can counter Profundity and Executor already. All they need is a cap ship with the sith tag, and the cap ship with no abilities at all and zero speed will be able to take out both of the current meta fleets. This is shaping up to be another Executor style power leap in fleets, because we can be sure Leviathan will have some overpowering stuff too.
  • petersphilo
    92 posts Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    This Capital Ship better kick butt!
    And I hope it won’t be a total loser on defense, like Profundity!!
  • Options

This isn't true. Units don't go into Proving Grounds until one year after release. Fury will still be a prize in the boxes (and Conquest Pass) for the next three months at a reduced rate, and will be on scavenger nodes for something like three more full Conquest cycles and showing up in Conquest Store.

thanks for correcting me