[MEGA THREAD] ROAD AHEAD July 2023

Prev13

Replies

• Options
    Still no Grand Inquisitor??
  • Options
    But, what about Gran Inquisitor event? We, the freeplayers were manteining your market alive then you let us this unfair treatement! Please we are asking for iqual treatement!
  • Klogott
    56 posts Member
    Options
    This Road Ahead is longer than the Bible
  • Options
    New Raid already?
    More Details! Why should I gear more teams for the old Raid if the new one is around the corner?

Is it like an entry level Raid? Or are the rewards of the old raid for some reason still worth going for?
  • Janus
    57 posts Member
    Options
    Klogott wrote: »
    This Road Ahead is longer than the Bible

And still managed not to squeeze in a one sentence blurb about GI eta
  • Ratinira
    412 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    "The Leviathan is expected to release on 7/19/2023"

So first it was written that we will need Fury ASAP, and now that it will be neded after next conquest?
    Well, good lesson to me, that was the last time I paid any money to that liars... Never again
  • Options
    Well, I'm an ****. I completely forgot there was a new Rex in the game and boosted CT Rex to r7 :(
  • Options
    New Raid already?
    More Details! Why should I gear more teams for the old Raid if the new one is around the corner?

Is it like an entry level Raid? Or are the rewards of the old raid for some reason still worth going for?

4-6 months from now is "around the corner"?

To answer your question, because the rewards are pretty good and you should be able to get the 6.2M box with minimal "bad" investments.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    Leviathan kit seems wild!

So just to confirm: when you take over the enemy capital ship and can use its abilities, you’re using them against their own ships? Would love more clarity on how this will work, exactly.
  • Options
    Think y’all forgot to include the “+ Journey Guide” part of the Leviathan part as I see nothing regarding the Journey Guide, specifically GI
  • Options
    will the new raid be better rewards than Krayt? the same? worse? and are we really expected to gear up 5 teams worth of characters for a new raid when weve only just done that? how often are new raids going to release?
  • MasterSeedy
    5046 posts Member
    Options
    So, end of September to end of year for release of raid.

GL Leia is crucial to the raid, but... we don't know when we're getting her, and we have to farm new marquees.

Looks like there's not time for significant improvements on the Krayt raid, with Levi and GL Leia, so my guild is unlikely to progress to the 265M point threshold. That's disappointing. It would have been fun if I had time to take the Tuskens up further. But we can't guarantee being ready for 130M on the new raid without pushing extremely hard on GLL, and the rewards are front-loaded, meaning we hurt ourselves more by not preparing for the next raid than we do for not optimizing for this one. Ultimately that just doesn't leave time for bringing the Tuskens and Jawas along. They can get some attention eventually, but not a lot, and not soon.

Malicos looks to be an SLKR lifter, which is nice.

The 7/19 date for Levi is a surprise to me. I thought they would want to have it split the difference between the mid-month Executor event and the end-of-month Profundity event.

Overall, I think if I were a whale or otherwise tip of the spear, I would like the pace of the game for the last 8 months. For anyone not at the bleeding edge, though, this feels like too much too soon.

I mean, the amount of time between new raids isn't a bad thing in the abstract, but with the new TB being released only a couple months before, the upgrade pressure on things other than raid toons has been huge. Bringing Hoth Rebel Soldier to r8 just eats up resources that would otherwise go to bringing raid toons to r5 or r7.

If the next raid lasts as long as the Krayt, then I'll be better able to optimize for it -- at least eventually -- since the platoons for TB remain stable. Yes, we add some new Ops Missions on bonus planets, but that's not nearly the same as adding 9 planets at once (as they effectively did when they released TB) or 3 at once a little later, when your guild is ready for r8 platoons.

I think if they release the raid at the bitter end of the year -- mid December, maybe -- there will be enough time for 10-11m gp players like me to optimize a bit, not a lot, but a bit, on the current Raid. But if we're talking mid-November or earlier ("Fall" starts in late Sep, remember) that feels like more than anyone can reasonably accomplish.

We'll see. My pessimistic predictions have been wrong before, but right now I'm hoping we don't get the raid until December.
  • Options
    Spanner46 wrote: »
    will the new raid be better rewards than Krayt? the same? worse? and are we really expected to gear up 5 teams worth of characters for a new raid when weve only just done that? how often are new raids going to release?

If you're gearing up from scratch, the new raids may be too endgame for your account.

The new raid will be about 9 months after Krayt. So maybe that? Doubt they want to lock themselves in on a specific cadence.
  • Yoda90
    47 posts Member
    Options
    Can we expect an update on GI event @CG_Tusken_Meathead
  • dogwelder79
    1488 posts Member
    Options
    I'd also like to know about the rewards of the new raid. Are we supposed to work towards it, or will the rewards be the same as krayt to give us some kind of choice (guilds would be able to choose between one or the other, or alternating)?
  • MasterSeedy
    5046 posts Member
    Options
    and are we really expected to gear up 5 teams worth of characters for a new raid when weve only just done that? how often are new raids going to release?

I mentioned this in my longer comment, but I wanted to call it out since you asked: I think that the raid cadence isn't bad in the abstract. It's only the combo of the raid cadence with the release of the new TB that has made it hard to optimize raid squads.

The frenzy of getting TB ready is just now ending, at least at my guild's level. We would be transitioning to optimizing raid teams except for Levi and GL Leia.

So... I expect future raids released on this cadence to be well timed for people at 10m gp+.

As for people at 7-9 or 5-6 who have the gp to play this raid, but still have many projects to work on whether or not CG releases anything new, I'm not sure I know what the right cadence is. I just know that I think this will work in the future, even if it feels too fast, too much, too soon this year with so many big changes.
  • Options
    So, end of September to end of year for release of raid.

GL Leia is crucial to the raid, but... we don't know when we're getting her, and we have to farm new marquees.

Looks like there's not time for significant improvements on the Krayt raid, with Levi and GL Leia, so my guild is unlikely to progress to the 265M point threshold. That's disappointing. It would have been fun if I had time to take the Tuskens up further. But we can't guarantee being ready for 130M on the new raid without pushing extremely hard on GLL, and the rewards are front-loaded, meaning we hurt ourselves more by not preparing for the next raid than we do for not optimizing for this one. Ultimately that just doesn't leave time for bringing the Tuskens and Jawas along. They can get some attention eventually, but not a lot, and not soon.

Malicos looks to be an SLKR lifter, which is nice.

The 7/19 date for Levi is a surprise to me. I thought they would want to have it split the difference between the mid-month Executor event and the end-of-month Profundity event.

Overall, I think if I were a whale or otherwise tip of the spear, I would like the pace of the game for the last 8 months. For anyone not at the bleeding edge, though, this feels like too much too soon.

I mean, the amount of time between new raids isn't a bad thing in the abstract, but with the new TB being released only a couple months before, the upgrade pressure on things other than raid toons has been huge. Bringing Hoth Rebel Soldier to r8 just eats up resources that would otherwise go to bringing raid toons to r5 or r7.

If the next raid lasts as long as the Krayt, then I'll be better able to optimize for it -- at least eventually -- since the platoons for TB remain stable. Yes, we add some new Ops Missions on bonus planets, but that's not nearly the same as adding 9 planets at once (as they effectively did when they released TB) or 3 at once a little later, when your guild is ready for r8 platoons.

I think if they release the raid at the bitter end of the year -- mid December, maybe -- there will be enough time for 10-11m gp players like me to optimize a bit, not a lot, but a bit, on the current Raid. But if we're talking mid-November or earlier ("Fall" starts in late Sep, remember) that feels like more than anyone can reasonably accomplish.

We'll see. My pessimistic predictions have been wrong before, but right now I'm hoping we don't get the raid until December.

Leia probably won’t hit journey guide before fall. Probably same week as princess and drogan become farmable.
  • Options

If you're gearing up from scratch, the new raids may be too endgame for your account.

The new raid will be about 9 months after Krayt. So maybe that? Doubt they want to lock themselves in on a specific cadence.

Im 7.5M GP, so I have some of the characters high gear, but not all, and F2P, I cant just dump a bunch of money in to gear characters that I might only need for 6 months. Im also an officer in my guild, with GPs ranging from 10M down to 3M, that has been asking people to focus on Krayt raid teams that might now be somewhat obsolete/unnecessary. We really need more information so we can decide whether chasing the new raid is the best interest for our guild
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    Keep in mind folks, MANY of the toons you gear up for the raid are also very useful elsewhere in the game!

Having a rotation schedule of 8-12 months also prevents the game from becoming too stale in PvP modes for newer accounts in lower divisions, from having everyone "forced" into following the same farming path (if you want to do well in the raid, which pretty much any mildly to seriously competitive guild will). It rewards those of us in the middle who have followed diverse farming paths, because while one raid might not fit your roster well, the next one could.

However, it could be very frustrating to experience a lot of fluctuation in mk2/mk3 income from raid to raid, and I could see this new system being very hard on guilds, causing them to break apart and reform every time a new raid comes out. I don't like that aspect at all.

Also, if you're going for Jabba now for Krayt, you'll already have JKL and many of the characters for the upcoming raid, farmed and at relics. So that's a plus.

That being said, CG gonna CG so I'm not giving them any benefit of the doubt...
  • Options
    Where’s grand inquisitor @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Tusken_Meathead
  • Options
    Ehh. I don’t think the new raid coming so soon will be a big deal. Rewards aren’t likely to change enough to justify switching priorities if the raid doesn’t align well enough with your guild. That said dropping from 25 characters to 15 characters will make it much easier. The characters are also much friendlier given imp troopers, Ewoks, and various rebels. I’ve already got 16 at relics that’ll likely make 3/4 solid 3 person teams whereas for krayt I had 20 upon announcement but only hutt and mandos were actually full teams.
  • Options

Im 7.5M GP, so I have some of the characters high gear, but not all, and F2P, I cant just dump a bunch of money in to gear characters that I might only need for 6 months. Im also an officer in my guild, with GPs ranging from 10M down to 3M, that has been asking people to focus on Krayt raid teams that might now be somewhat obsolete/unnecessary. We really need more information so we can decide whether chasing the new raid is the best interest for our guild

I don't envy anyone trying to keep a guild together with that wide a GP range. Feel for ya.

As for you, specifically, at 7.5M GP, I would not consider you endgame. So, no, I don't think you should expect to be able to chase the newest GL and the newest raid at the same time. Given your guild's GP discrepancies, I'd think as long as you are progressing on any front, your progress will be appreciated.
  • Options
    "Drogan has not just had a limb difference, but also a sense of justice and passion to help those in need."

Great job CG. This is the type of thing that makes me smile and will thrill my nephew beyond belief. Small thing but a big impact where it counts - thank you for this.
  • Zaraos
    771 posts Member
    Options
    Can we please get some confirmation, that the new raid is not going to completely replace Krayt or be significantly better rewards? because if that's the case there really is little point in preparing teams for raids anymore outside of GLs, for anyone but whales.
  • emoore123
    261 posts Member
    Options
    New Road Ahead, still radio silent about GI. Classic CG move. 👏👏👏
  • Options
    GL Leia sounds fantastic! I'm very excited to Princess Kneesaa which means Ewoks (TV show) is canon! Can't wait for a Dulok faction!

However, I'm not so sure about Drogan. He's already a 40K character so...can we get a more original name?
  • Options
    A bit bummed none of the designers have names. Give credit to the folks!
  • BobaFettish86
    592 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    "Deal Physical damage. Rebel allies gain Retribution for 2 turns.
    On her turn, deal bonus True damage to target enemy equal to 10% of the damage other Rebel ally's received since her last turn and deal additional effects based on the target enemy's role: --"

Does this mean we will finally have a GL who isn't ruled by speed?