[MEGA THREAD] ROAD AHEAD July 2023

13Next

Replies

• Options
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    Am I the only one really fearing Leviathan mirrors based on that kit? I can see the coinflips being stupid impactful on who wins a mirror, which is just dumb.
    I hadn't thought about it, but, I agree.
    That said, its pretty much been that way for a long while now.
    Recovering after an "Ultimate" is VERY hard to do in most cases for the last 2-4 ships.

GG, Holdo, Raddus, & Hux ships all have pretty potent ultimate.

• crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    So, I have a question about part of the Leviathan's kit, because the wording is a bit unclear, at least to me. Part of Darth Revan's crew ability says the following...

Whenever an enemy is summoned, reduce their Max Health by 50% until the end of the encounter. Enemies attacking out of turn deal 50% less Critical Damage to Attacker Sith allies.

From what I understand, summoned characters/ships are things like Geonosian Brute and the Vulture Droids that the Malevolence creates when you use one of its special abilities, and are separate from Reinforcements. Is that meant to be the case here? Or is a Summoned Enemy the same as an Enemy Reinforcement?

Many Thanks to anyone who can answer. Much obliged. ^_^

Yes, summoned units are the spare vulture droids from Malevolence and the TIE fighters from Scythe. They are not reinforcements.
    Am I the only one really fearing Leviathan mirrors based on that kit? I can see the coinflips being stupid impactful on who wins a mirror, which is just dumb. Though I might be missing something in the fleet kit that could manipulate capital ship TM - or maybe it's time to bring along TIE Reaper?

No, you aren't. It sounds like a massive rng fest. However, Mk VI has an ability that gives your team tenacity up and gives AoE debuffs. People were thinking maybe this ship was a reinforcement but this ability might make it beneficial as a front runner in mirror matches to delay your opponent getting "destroy hangars" or whatever while simultaneously speeding it up for yourself. Of course, if everybody does this, it will breed higher relics on SET to ensure yours goes first.

Additionally, it depends how the AI acts as well. First turn, it probably destabilizes engines. Second turn, if 15 debuffs are out, does it prioritize sabotage hangars or reinforcement? If it brings in a reinforcement first, and you've got 15 debuffs, you can sabotage their hangar first, meaning you can do takeover bridge on third turn while they have to do sabotage hangars (if able). If they had taken their second turn first, you'd be a ship down, but getting their cap out first might still be worth it. Of course, this scenario will depend on what the AI does and how fast either side gets out debuffs. I haven't reviewed ship kits enough to know if 15 debuffs are possible by second turn anyway.

There might also be some other gimmick you can do much like the Ebon Hawk trick for Exec so that you get to your specials first.
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

Leviathan is great since we finally get to do the mission, though it sounds like it's not starting until after conquest has begun? Pretty sure they told us we'd need fury unlocked before the next conquest began.

They said be sure to unlock Fury "right away" to get Leviathan. So it was slightly ambiguous as to whether it was strictly literal or just insightful encouragement. The event occurs before Conquest crate rewards come, so if you are more than 50 blueprints out you still can't get it for the first run. However, if you didn't red crate the last three but are still within 50 blueprints (for example, two gold, one red), you can still unlock it through a combination of scavenger and Conquest Pass. I think Conquest store may also be an option now, but you can't rely on just the crate (since it won't be here), you need to go after these extra blueprints. So what they told you was true, from a certain point of view.
  • Options
    New Raid already?
    More Details! Why should I gear more teams for the old Raid if the new one is around the corner?

Is it like an entry level Raid? Or are the rewards of the old raid for some reason still worth going for?

4-6 months from now is "around the corner"?

To answer your question, because the rewards are pretty good and you should be able to get the 6.2M box with minimal "bad" investments.

I get the 12M box. We were about to pull the trigger of making 8M mandatory in 2 months for the 415M Box ;-)
    And that includes the F2P in our guild. But if it then only lasts another 2 months of rewards and we get a new raid that needs some of that stuff too... I guess we're just hoarding then
  • Whatelse73
    2168 posts Member
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    So, I have a question about part of the Leviathan's kit, because the wording is a bit unclear, at least to me. Part of Darth Revan's crew ability says the following...

Whenever an enemy is summoned, reduce their Max Health by 50% until the end of the encounter. Enemies attacking out of turn deal 50% less Critical Damage to Attacker Sith allies.

From what I understand, summoned characters/ships are things like Geonosian Brute and the Vulture Droids that the Malevolence creates when you use one of its special abilities, and are separate from Reinforcements. Is that meant to be the case here? Or is a Summoned Enemy the same as an Enemy Reinforcement?

Many Thanks to anyone who can answer. Much obliged. ^_^

Yes, summoned units are the spare vulture droids from Malevolence and the TIE fighters from Scythe. They are not reinforcements.
    Am I the only one really fearing Leviathan mirrors based on that kit? I can see the coinflips being stupid impactful on who wins a mirror, which is just dumb. Though I might be missing something in the fleet kit that could manipulate capital ship TM - or maybe it's time to bring along TIE Reaper?

No, you aren't. It sounds like a massive rng fest. However, Mk VI has an ability that gives your team tenacity up and gives AoE debuffs. People were thinking maybe this ship was a reinforcement but this ability might make it beneficial as a front runner in mirror matches to delay your opponent getting "destroy hangars" or whatever while simultaneously speeding it up for yourself. Of course, if everybody does this, it will breed higher relics on SET to ensure yours goes first.

Additionally, it depends how the AI acts as well. First turn, it probably destabilizes engines. Second turn, if 15 debuffs are out, does it prioritize sabotage hangars or reinforcement? If it brings in a reinforcement first, and you've got 15 debuffs, you can sabotage their hangar first, meaning you can do takeover bridge on third turn while they have to do sabotage hangars (if able). If they had taken their second turn first, you'd be a ship down, but getting their cap out first might still be worth it. Of course, this scenario will depend on what the AI does and how fast either side gets out debuffs. I haven't reviewed ship kits enough to know if 15 debuffs are possible by second turn anyway.

There might also be some other gimmick you can do much like the Ebon Hawk trick for Exec so that you get to your specials first.
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

Leviathan is great since we finally get to do the mission, though it sounds like it's not starting until after conquest has begun? Pretty sure they told us we'd need fury unlocked before the next conquest began.

They said be sure to unlock Fury "right away" to get Leviathan. So it was slightly ambiguous as to whether it was strictly literal or just insightful encouragement. The event occurs before Conquest crate rewards come, so if you are more than 50 blueprints out you still can't get it for the first run. However, if you didn't red crate the last three but are still within 50 blueprints (for example, two gold, one red), you can still unlock it through a combination of scavenger and Conquest Pass. I think Conquest store may also be an option now, but you can't rely on just the crate (since it won't be here), you need to go after these extra blueprints. So what they told you was true, from a certain point of view.

We shall see.
  • Options
    Will Leviathan event last for 24h or longer AND will it return on a monthly schedule directly? Anyone who has some insights?
  • Options
    Utinni_DE wrote: »
    Will Leviathan event last for 24h or longer AND will it return on a monthly schedule directly? Anyone who has some insights?
    I think you can take that as read, yes.
  • Options
    Can we push the event to the 21st? Particularily in August, when Conquest will end on the 21st? Plz and thanks CG. Will be a big move!
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Zhangster wrote: »
    Can we push the event to the 21st? Particularily in August, when Conquest will end on the 21st? Plz and thanks CG. Will be a big move!

They won't do that. The timing is deliberate. They wanted people to max crate in the Fury Conquests in order to get Leviathan. They don't want people who are getting after the fourth Conquest due to more casual play to be able to get it first run. They only have it running so far into Conquest 4 so the people who were very close will be motivated towards buying the Conquest Pass.
  • Zumwan
    357 posts Member
    Options
    They did say that if you wanted to unlock leviathan straight away you had to make sure to unlock Malgus's ship ASAP
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Zhangster wrote: »

They won't do that. The timing is deliberate. They wanted people to max crate in the Fury Conquests in order to get Leviathan. They don't want people who are getting after the fourth Conquest due to more casual play to be able to get it first run. They only have it running so far into Conquest 4 so the people who were very close will be motivated towards buying the Conquest Pass.

Oh i didn’t realize he was requesting the event delay to get the ship shards, and here i thought it was a too much time sink complaint
  • Winterwolves
    1729 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    So, at this point I guess the update to actually put Leviathan and its event in game will happen at some point during the day of the 19th for some places. If it's a one day event, as expected by the other journey guide ship events, that means it'll be less than a 24 hour run for some people.

Some day you lot will remember that the USA west coast time zone gets to dates upto 19 hours later than some places in the world. And you have players in those places.

You've got to do updates 2 days before you want to launch something CG.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    Won’t the event run for 24 hours from whatever time the update happens in your time zone? That’s how it’s always worked for me, AFAICR.
  • Options
    Ugh…24 hours and 19 minutes…
  • Options
    Lol. The communication is so awesome as usual
  • Options
    Well as usual CG suck big time saying the event start 19th only to go in game and see a 1day and 30min remaining for event to start. Great comunication
  • Whatelse73
    2168 posts Member
    Options
    Masoton wrote: »
    Well as usual CG suck big time saying the event start 19th only to go in game and see a 1day and 30min remaining for event to start. Great comunication

Right there with "you better get Fury 7* this conquest or you'll miss out!" and there are fury shards in this current conquest. So they artificially pushed people the last conquest when that was untrue. Again, I'm sure the legal team has something especially lawyerly to respond with on it.

At the end of the day, it's here tomorrow. So be it, we shall see how it works.