[MEGA THREAD] ROAD AHEAD July 2023

Replies

• Options
    So, I have a question about part of the Leviathan's kit, because the wording is a bit unclear, at least to me. Part of Darth Revan's crew ability says the following...

Whenever an enemy is summoned, reduce their Max Health by 50% until the end of the encounter. Enemies attacking out of turn deal 50% less Critical Damage to Attacker Sith allies.

From what I understand, summoned characters/ships are things like Geonosian Brute and the Vulture Droids that the Malevolence creates when you use one of its special abilities, and are separate from Reinforcements. Is that meant to be the case here? Or is a Summoned Enemy the same as an Enemy Reinforcement?

Many Thanks to anyone who can answer. Much obliged. ^_^
  • Options
    What will the Leviathan event cadence be following initial release? Will it follow a monthly schedule?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Is there no rebel character in the actual lore that could be used? I get making up new characters for "cannon fodder" faction like Geonosians, but rebels? Where almost everyone has a name and backstory? Come on.
  • Morgoth01
    502 posts Member
    Options
    Am I the only one really fearing Leviathan mirrors based on that kit? I can see the coinflips being stupid impactful on who wins a mirror, which is just dumb. Though I might be missing something in the fleet kit that could manipulate capital ship TM - or maybe it's time to bring along TIE Reaper?
  • Options
    GL Leia sounds fantastic! I'm very excited to Princess Kneesaa which means Ewoks (TV show) is canon! Can't wait for a Dulok faction!

However, I'm not so sure about Drogan. He's already a 40K character so...can we get a more original name?

A character being in this game does not make them canon.
  • Options
    The info about the new raid makes it seem like re-modding is going to be mandatory for each run.

Yuck.
  • Nikana_G
    14 posts Member
    Options
    What will the Leviathan event cadence be following initial release? Will it follow a monthly schedule?

I hope it too! I will only be short by few shards of the fury I plan to get during next conquest..
  • Options
    GL Leia sounds fantastic! I'm very excited to Princess Kneesaa which means Ewoks (TV show) is canon! Can't wait for a Dulok faction!

However, I'm not so sure about Drogan. He's already a 40K character so...can we get a more original name?

A character being in this game does not make them canon.
    Quite so which means we definitely need Nik Sant (not Captain Drogan). Name change please CG!

• Legit
    17 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah GI event needs to be in journey guide by now. All of the characters required are already accelerated. I’m thinking by the time the event comes back it right after it’s finished it’ll be in the journey guide.
  • YubNub81
    148 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead We need to know if the Krayt Raid will be shut down for the new Speederbike raid. Otherwise the rewards for the new raid have to be so good that we are incentivised to move to it.

I can't see CG basically doubling the rewards every 6ish months, so what's the deal?

(I'm excited for the new raid, but my guild is now asking "do we keep farming for the Krayt raid or do we start farming for the new raid?") And that's a legit good question
  • Options
    Will the speeder bikes in the new raid have seatbelts?
  • Whatelse73
    2168 posts Member
    Options
    Not too shocking GL Leia was coming, I thought Wicket would be required at R8. I'm sure someone will need to be though, maybe that guy she kissed while he was in the hospital bed. Ought to be interesting to see what else is required. I figured princess and hoth leias, Paploo, Wicket, Logray, Farmboy Luke, Captain Rex, Chewbacca, Fulcrum, Ackbar, ST Han, Darth Vader, and two marquees. I was 50/50 on Lando, but if we don't get two more marquees and only one after Princess ewok, then I guess that works too.

Leviathan is great since we finally get to do the mission, though it sounds like it's not starting until after conquest has begun? Pretty sure they told us we'd need fury unlocked before the next conquest began.

Malicos ought to be fun. This seems to be the year that they are pumping up the UFUs.

However, what about the road ahead for the Grand Inquisitor event? Or announcing you're adding another 5 minutes to each battle so we have enough time to get through the datacron stats that are excessive and ridiculous?

Overall good stuff!
  • Options
    Also- no Nien Num??
  • Janus
    57 posts Member
    Options
    st7rybcuv2om.jpg
  • Options
    The Road Ahead post is good and all, but how about a Road Behind post for GI... Where they can talk about how they're Behind on his release 🤔
  • Options
    With the new raid coming should I be pushing my guild to work on the new characters? Or will the raid tokens remain the same? In the initial raid redo it sounded like only the featured raid will have MK3 tokens, will those be removed from the Krayt raid or will there be additive incentives to switch to the Endor raid?
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Tusken_Meathead is there any hope on Zetas being farmable on nodes? Omicrons are farmable (albeit at a rough rate) in cantina, why not have zetas be farmable on some specific mod battles i.e. 9-d, 9-e etc? It would help a lot of people with younger accts catch up and allow them to participate at least a little in new characters. Most kits nowadays revolve around 2-3 NECESSARY zetas. I unlocked JKCK day one just to to realize i only had enough zetas for either his insta kill, or his unique. Without both he’s very underwhelming. My farming timed my jabba unlock to today after finishing DS tickets, but i have no clue when he will actually have all his necessary zetas. It’s discouraging as the demand for zetas is skyrocketing but the supply doesn’t grow.
  • MasterSeedy
    5046 posts Member
    Options
    > With the new raid coming should I be pushing my guild to work on the new characters? Or will the raid tokens remain the same?

Either Krayt will be retired OR SpeederBikes will have better rewards, one of the two. Otherwise they can't get people to play the new content since the old raid will have the same rewards for a given score, but you'll also have your teams and your strategy optimized, yielding a higher score.

So my advice depends on how close you are to a new reward tier.

If you're very low scoring and the next reward tier has much better rewards than your current one (which happens at low scores b/c rewards are front loaded), the keep optimizing for the next 6-8 weeks before you stop work on these teams and move to teams for the next raid.

If, however, you're a very long way from the next reward tier (maybe scoring 150m and thus needing 265m for the next tier), it's ALREADY time to quit trying to optimize for this raid. Stop today. Move on to the next raid's toons and work on them -- especially, but not solely, the GL Leia requirements.
  • Options
    Decent road ahead, everything seems daily timescaled and achievable for them to deliver..

Couple of questions:

1. How often with leviathan event be?
    2. What happens to the krayt raid when the new raid arrives? Will it alternate?
    3. Is the conquest unit an official lifter unit for lord vader?
  • Morgoth01
    502 posts Member
    Options
    With the new raid coming should I be pushing my guild to work on the new characters? Or will the raid tokens remain the same? In the initial raid redo it sounded like only the featured raid will have MK3 tokens, will those be removed from the Krayt raid or will there be additive incentives to switch to the Endor raid?

Would be nice with confirmation, but the answer is likely in the Feb road ahead where they announced the overall raid changes:

Rewards also include new Raid Currency that can be used to purchase items from Shipments
    This special Raid Currency can only be earned from the Featured Raid (the latest Raid released)

So yeah, if you want MK3, you need to move on to the new raid.
    It is unknown if they will in any way compensate the reward track for Krayt if they remove MK3, but let’s expect some more info on this in the future.

Also @MasterSeedy the above should also answer your speculations.

Feb road ahead link:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/261617/road-ahead-february-2023#latest
  • Options
    We already have a few Legends characters ingame, that doesn't make them canon.

As for Ewoks show characters, Charal from the 2nd Ewok TV Movie would be nice to complete a second nightsister team.
  • SkyCake
    188 posts Member
    Options
    Princess Kneesaa is what I'm looking forward to the most from the Road Ahead post. I've started saving up crystals because you know she's going to have a super cute portrait!
  • Klogott
    56 posts Member
    Options
    Dear CG,
    Why didn't you announce bringing the Grand Inquisitor back although you should know that many people asked for it? If you are doing good things like this, why not announce them?
  • herd_nerfer
    1874 posts Member
    Options
    Klogott wrote: »
    Dear CG,
    Why didn't you announce bringing the Grand Inquisitor back although you should know that many people asked for it? If you are doing good things like this, why not announce them?

Maybe they enjoy the forum posts about things when they don't announce them.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Kadarak
    13 posts Member
    Options
    Do we know wht the counter is going 2 b 4 Levi yet? How long do we have 2 wait 4 tht?
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Is there no rebel character in the actual lore that could be used? I get making up new characters for "cannon fodder" faction like Geonosians, but rebels? Where almost everyone has a name and backstory? Come on.

Agreed.
    They could have made a character "Rebel Commando" & kept it generic v/s creating a new "named" character.

• Options
    If, however, you're a very long way from the next reward tier (maybe scoring 150m and thus needing 265m for the next tier), it's ALREADY time to quit trying to optimize for this raid. Stop today. Move on to the next raid's toons and work on them -- especially, but not solely, the GL Leia requirements.

THIS THIS THIS.

I was just today looking at what I would need to do to increase my personal score more than 1 notch & what the guild needs to average to go from the 130 to 265 crate.

Not to be negative, but, its honestly not worth investing that hard for ANY of these raids if they will go away that quickly & be replaced.

Just focus on hitting 130m as a "top-ISH" end player & then wait for the next one to come out.

My concern for this next raid is if its less teams will we even be able to score well enough to get to 130.