Is galactic conquest worth the headache?

Replies

• Options
    TheDude420 wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    It was when it first came out, now it's just a boring grind.

I mean isn't that the case for most anything?
    Possibly, but in the case of Conquest CG have massively accelerated this atrophy.

I red crated the first 6 Conquests without spending a single crystal on energy refreshes. CG altered Conquest to make that a simply laughable scenario now.

That’s an out-and-out lie @DarjeloSalas .

None of the conquests (after the first one) have been possible to hit the red create without buying energy refreshes.

There goes all your credibility. I knew you were a troll, but at least stop being deceitful.

Uh, hate to break it to you, but the first 2 sets of Conquest could definitely get red create without spending a single crystal. You only had to spend if you wanted to finish early.

No. That was only the first one. You are wrong @StarSon . Take it from someone who actually DID NOT buy refreshes but used every bit of naturally generating energy.

Natural energy (after the first conquest, which was great!) only got you to the end of Sector 3.

In its current state, you get enough natural energy to get to the end of sector 4. I don't remember when exactly they changed the regen rate, but I do know the first two sets had fewer battles per sector, so even at current rates you could get through it all.

Darjelo said he got red crate the first 6 conquests without buying a single energy refresh.

Darjelo is full of it.

I know. I read it. He is 100% correct that for RC and CAT it was possible to red crate with zero crystals spent.

Just curious, why do you think it was possible to get CAT without refreshes @StarSon ? Iived through it, with 10 mil+ GP, and did every possible node and feat. You cannot and could not (after Conq 1) get red crate without buying refreshes.
    Option 1: the dev post is incorrect.

Option 2: you are incorrect.

Decisions, decisions…
  • Options
    @StarSon you are wrong. For months, I refused to by energy every conquest because I disagreed with them requiring refreshes to complete it (a change after Conq 1).

It has been literally impossible to get red crate (after the first conquest) without buying energy refreshes.

I lived it and experienced it. So any speculation you have is wrong, if it is contrary to what I’m saying.

Darjelo is flat out lying.
    It’s unbecoming to gloat, but…

nae33vkdar9k.gif

You can live in whatever reality you want, but anyone who remembers it knows it was and still is impossible.

Especially for the first 6 conquests as you claim.
  • Options

Possibly, but in the case of Conquest CG have massively accelerated this atrophy.

I red crated the first 6 Conquests without spending a single crystal on energy refreshes. CG altered Conquest to make that a simply laughable scenario now.

None of the conquests (after the first one) have been possible to hit the red create without buying energy refreshes.

There goes all your credibility. I knew you were a troll, but at least stop being deceitful.

Uh, hate to break it to you, but the first 2 sets of Conquest could definitely get red create without spending a single crystal. You only had to spend if you wanted to finish early.

No. That was only the first one. You are wrong @StarSon . Take it from someone who actually DID NOT buy refreshes but used every bit of naturally generating energy.

Natural energy (after the first conquest, which was great!) only got you to the end of Sector 3.

In its current state, you get enough natural energy to get to the end of sector 4. I don't remember when exactly they changed the regen rate, but I do know the first two sets had fewer battles per sector, so even at current rates you could get through it all.

Darjelo said he got red crate the first 6 conquests without buying a single energy refresh.

Darjelo is full of it.

I know. I read it. He is 100% correct that for RC and CAT it was possible to red crate with zero crystals spent.

Just curious, why do you think it was possible to get CAT without refreshes @StarSon ? Iived through it, with 10 mil+ GP, and did every possible node and feat. You cannot and could not (after Conq 1) get red crate without buying refreshes.

Decisions, decisions…

Nothing in that link demonstrates people were getting red crates without refreshing. After the first conquest, that was no longer possible.

This post you keep referencing is about Conq 7. It wasn’t possible after the Conq 1 change. Your link proves nothing, other than that you are a professional troll.
  • Options

Darjelo is full of it.

Decisions, decisions…

Or option 3:

You are full of it and did not get red crate without ever buying a refresh for the first 6 conquests.

That link proves nothing.

Decisions, decisions…
  • Options

Darjelo is full of it.

Decisions, decisions…

The math proves you are full of it @DarjeloSalas . No need to make people read bogus links. It’s not rocket science.
  • StarSon
    7521 posts Member
    Options

Darjelo is full of it.

Decisions, decisions…

Nothing in that link demonstrates people were getting red crates without refreshing. After the first conquest, that was no longer possible.

This post you keep referencing is about Conq 7. It wasn’t possible after the Conq 1 change. Your link proves nothing, other than that you are a professional troll.
    Instead of increasing the difficulty of the encounters, nodes will now cost more energy to battle and there is a bigger focus on completing a variety of new Feats
  • Options

Darjelo is full of it.

Decisions, decisions…

The math proves you are full of it @DarjeloSalas . No need to make people read bogus links. It’s not rocket science.
    There is some bogus stuff in this thread alright, but it’s not me posting it.

Conquest changed after the first 6 runs to make it impossible to hit max rewards without a refresh. Period.
  • Notthatguyfrombefore
    1106 posts Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    I didn’t red crate them, as I didn’t have the feats, but even I remember being able to finish sector 5 without refreshes those first (EDIT not last) two seasons. Pretty sure they increased the number of battles in sectors after the first few seasons.

On the original topic, my two cents: too much of a grind, but not optional really as it’s the best way to get top toons relatively cheaply. FWIW I usually hit the penultimate crate and just accept I’ll get the toon after a month or two of PG or buy the extra shards for crystals/conq currency.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    I didn’t red crate them, as I didn’t have the feats, but even I remember being able to finish sector 5 without refreshes those last two seasons. They definitely increased the number of battles in sectors after the first few seasons.

On the original topic, my two cents: too much of a grind, but not optional really as it’s the best way to get top toons relatively cheaply. FWIW I usually hit the penultimate crate and just accept I’ll get the toon after a month or two of PG or buy the extra shards for crystals/conq currency.

LOL I’ll let Darjelo correct you on this assertion.
  • Options

Darjelo is full of it.

Decisions, decisions…

There is some bogus stuff in this thread alright, but it’s not me posting it.

Conquest changed after the first 6 runs to make it impossible to hit max rewards without a refresh. Period.

Ok bud. You keep living in your own reality. I’ve done my part to try and do what’s right, and call out your ****.

It’s so ironic, coming from someone like you who likes to stalk people’s .gg profiles and require they share them to validate their claims.

Have a great rest of the day, buddy. I’m sorry you feel the need to lie on forums about your Star Wars accomplishments.
    We have provided validation.

You’ve provided your word, which is wrong.

Except…there’s no validation in that link. Keep living in your own reality bud.
  • Options
    I didn’t red crate them, as I didn’t have the feats, but even I remember being able to finish sector 5 without refreshes those first (EDIT not last) two seasons. Pretty sure they increased the number of battles in sectors after the first few seasons.

Yes. Your edit is correct. Thanks for being more honorable than some people.
  • Options
    I didn’t red crate them, as I didn’t have the feats, but even I remember being able to finish sector 5 without refreshes those last two seasons. They definitely increased the number of battles in sectors after the first few seasons.

I think you’re confused, I’m agreeing with them. Having looked at the dev posts I see my mistake, they didn’t increase the battles, just the cost per battle. Doesn’t change that it was possible to finish hard conquest without energy refreshes.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • TheDude420
    439 posts Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

I think you’re confused, I’m agreeing with them. Having looked at the dev posts I see my mistake, they didn’t increase the battles, just the cost per battle. Doesn’t change that it was possible to finish hard conquest without energy refreshes.

It was not possible to Red Crate Conq 2-5 without refreshes. Only Conq 1.

The link provided is when they made it further impossible after Conq 6. But it was no longer possible to get red crate and not buy refreshes after Conq 1.
  • Options

Darjelo is full of it.

Decisions, decisions…

I went and looked but couldn't find any post in Dev News about big conquest changes after the first Conquest cycle (presumably referred to as "conq 1" above). The post linked to above was the first time they made radical changes. A lot of people got RC without refreshes. I don't see why not CAT.
  • Options
    Where are you seeing in that post that people were getting red crate in Conq 2-6 (2-5 was a typo) without refreshes? After Conq 1 they made refreshes required for red crate.

But believe what you want. You know what they say about arguing on the internet: it’s about as useful as yelling at the ocean.

I hope you find happiness so you don’t need to lie about Star Wars, Darjelo. Best of luck.
  • Options

Darjelo is full of it.

Decisions, decisions…

I went and looked but couldn't find any post in Dev News about big conquest changes after the first Conquest cycle (presumably referred to as "conq 1" above). The post linked to above was the first time they made radical changes. A lot of people got RC without refreshes. I don't see why not CAT.

RC was also a chase toon. Cat was not.
  • Options

The link provided is when they made it further impossible after Conq 6. But it was no longer possible to get red crate and not buy refreshes after Conq 1.

Right, but I’ve looked back at the dev posts (felt the need to, that’s my personal pathology) for the time from the start of conquest with RC (seasons 1-3) and CAT (seasons 4-6) and they don’t mention any changes to numbers of nodes or energy per node during that time. The only changes they made were to costs of rewards at scavengers and to fix issues with JKLs lead. In fact after the end of the RC events they specifically say they aren’t making any major changes other than to disks and consumables.

Clearly the first major changes were after s6 to start with the first Maul season s7. It seems like an odd hill to choose to die on, but you do you.
  • Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/248450/conquest-changes-merge/p1

@TheDude420 have a read of this thread, which was in response to the changes announced after Conquest 6.

This post, in particular, stood out to me:

vzsk2jjgyc8d.jpeg

As did this one.

1z5ulff8b8yh.jpeg

Again, validation is being provided by one side of this debate, whilst the other continues to blast nothing other than their own assertions like a foghorn.

What seems to be happening is that you have taken a dislike to some of my prior forum conduct when engaging with others who are mistaken and have leapt, like a coiled spring, to show me what it feels like. It’s just a shame you yourself are also wrong in this instance.
  • Options
    Here’s some more @TheDude420
    im4p38pnr4o1.jpeg
    3ue459qflbpr.jpeg
    2t92d7e70gwc.jpeg
    0bj5owaddnek.jpeg
  • Options
    im4p38pnr4o1.jpeg
    3ue459qflbpr.jpeg
    2t92d7e70gwc.jpeg
    0bj5owaddnek.jpeg

iz9ttgdilkjd.gif
  • Options
    Back to the topic...

I wish they'd either make it very challenging and lower the feat amounts or make it easier and keep the feat amounts. If I have to do the same battle 17 times I'd prefer they at least be mindless and easy to complete on auto. As it is its time consuming and boring and that's not a great combination.

I think a lot of players (myself included) suffer the time sink and monotony just so they don't have to wait 2 years to get the character. There is certainly a better balance to be struck here between challenge & reward and fun & repetition.
  • Options
    Blimey. That escalated.
  • Options
    Back to the topic...

I wish they'd either make it very challenging and lower the feat amounts or make it easier and keep the feat amounts. If I have to do the same battle 17 times I'd prefer they at least be mindless and easy to complete on auto. As it is its time consuming and boring and that's not a great combination.

I think a lot of players (myself included) suffer the time sink and monotony just so they don't have to wait 2 years to get the character. There is certainly a better balance to be struck here between challenge & reward and fun & repetition.

For me the most annoying part is the feats where you have to win battles with x toon or y faction (where realistically that means one team comp) 40 times. They’re just sooo dull. I know they do it that way so you have to balance stamina, but I’d find it so much more enjoyable to do 20 battles for two feats with different reqs instead. The repetition is what really kills me.
  • Options
    im4p38pnr4o1.jpeg
    3ue459qflbpr.jpeg
    2t92d7e70gwc.jpeg
    0bj5owaddnek.jpeg

iz9ttgdilkjd.gif

This chat was so serious for a second there- thank you

Also u gave me a good laugh- again, thank you
  • scuba
    14165 posts Member
    Options

Don't disagree. Even if they had left it the way it was, it still would have become a boring grind.
  • Options

Ok bud. You keep living in your own reality. I’ve done my part to try and do what’s right, and call out your ****.

It’s so ironic, coming from someone like you who likes to stalk people’s .gg profiles and require they share them to validate their claims.

Have a great rest of the day, buddy. I’m sorry you feel the need to lie on forums about your Star Wars accomplishments.

lol, if you're gonna call out DarjeloSalas you should have your facts straight - I've never seen him make a claim that he couldn't back up.

I used refreshes for both of the first two conquests - but I've never claimed to be the most skilled at this game.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • LynxVJ
    138 posts Member
    Options

Conquest always come in a set of 3.
    How can you claim that there's major changes in conquest #2?
    If there's changes, it'll be in conquest #4, #7, #10, etc.
  • Options
    gdf6kzfs5o73.jpg

May not be Social media but close enough. Conquest is worth it for those who deem it worth it. Remember this is a video game. Play the video game how you want to. Whether that's competitive, casual or a bit of both.
  • Options
    LynxVJ wrote: »

Conquest always come in a set of 3.
    How can you claim that there's major changes in conquest #2?
    If there's changes, it'll be in conquest #4, #7, #10, etc.

I’ve reread this thread several times, and I have noticed a difference in naming convention between me and Jeff Bridges.

For me, conquests run as follows:
    1-3: Razor Crest
    4-6: CAT
    7-9: Maul
    Etc

He thinks of them like this:
    1: Razor Crest
    2: CAT
    3: Maul
    4: BFSoJ
    5: Tie Interceptor
    Etc

This difference might explain quite how vehement he has been against my claim I got red crate in Conquests 1-6 without refreshing, because from Maul onwards that definitely was not possible. In fact, Maul remains the only conquest unit I did not unlock after 3 runs, as I realised too late into the first run that I needed to have been refreshing more often than I had been.

It should be clear enough from the thread I linked that CG uses the same naming system I do, and that Conquest 7 (the first of the Maul conquests) was the first one that deviated from the original structure by increasing the cost per battle from 15-20 and bringing in additional feats, and the first one where energy refreshes were essential to earn max rewards.

It should also be clear from that thread that I’m definitely not the only one who unlocked CAT without refreshing.