Is galactic conquest worth the headache?

124Next

Replies

• Options
    How are people getting on with this Conquest series?

I've gold boxed the 2 we've had so far. Taron looks like an interesting character and while I'm not getting him straight off the bat, I won't be too far off (assuming another gold box in the next one).
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    I’ve got red on both. First run I was doing 3x50 for the first week then slowed down as it became obvious I’d get red.

Second run I only did 2x50 for about 9 days, then finished it with naturally accrued energy - though I do buy the big pass, which removes the need for Wookie wins and Cal/Cere kills, which no doubt makes it easier to complete.

Edit: but not but.

Edit 2: buy not but, not but not but
    Post edited by DarjeloSalas on
  • Options
    This season I'm going for gold. It's a good "minimum" that still allows you to unlock before the unit leaves Conquest rewards.

I don't mind the 6 month unlock when I'm feeling low on motivation for Conquest.
    Malicos also isn't likely to he transformative for my roster with the gaps I have.
  • Nagz
    74 posts Member
    Options
    It not fun, plain and simple.
    Feats range from anoying to "Having a new character Jkck, who'll be back in half a year, maybe" or "Have previous conq character survive the battle" or "Do this one soecyfic thing this 1 chatacter can do 40-60 times"
    Some **** thinks giving speed on tm train teams is funny, after they also get bonuses from the sectors node buffs and whatever bonus % to all stats from wherever they are due to sector % buff to all stats.
    Gliches galore (GG vs Rey? Yeah, you'll get yer bonus turn after Rey & Sachel bros who have over 100% tm, cuz speed)
    But if you want the new toy, you gotta play this garbage mode and maybe they won't nerf it's usefulness in following month (Scythe) or won't be meh (Boba until Omicron) or just unworthy the work (Trench on bench)

When i see a Conq character in other gamemode,which i think happend twice with Boba & Trench, before their unlock? i just assume they'll be bantha poodoo.

Tl;Dr
    If you want the character on day 1, pay in krystals and play a lot
    If you want to avoid proving grounds malarky? earn gold chest & buy char shards so you'll unlock it in 6 conqs tops, in less rushed mode.
    Don't expect to have fun on hard or when they spam "raise potency by X% if resisted" datacards.
  • Options
    EdSolo wrote: »
    It is just a big time sink when you have tw, tb, GAC going on (on usually 2 of the 3).

I don't disagree with you, really, but I do notice that they gave us the sim button, finally. When we were being asked to do DataCron node battles over and over even after getting Red Crate, I said no thanks. It meant that I was behind on DCs that my guild would have preferred me to have and thus created stress in the guild. But there's only so much grind I'm willing to tolerate.

CG listened on that one point. It might not sound like a lot to some people b/c at least you could switch up your teams, but I hated those battles after Red Crate. I'm glad they're gone, and I'm hopeful this means that they will continue to pay attention to the grind level.

Unfortunately I think that ultimately they're looking at the number of crystals that we spend, and the more efficiently we do conquest, the more grindy that they want to make it b/c they reason that a character is worth a certain number of crystals (I mean, we would do at least one node refresh/day if they were on a hard node, right? So shards do have some crystal value, and the better characters have more and though they aren't perfect :cough Scion of Jango cough: they are generally more powerful and more desirable than a marquee)

I don't know what they're setting for the targeted number of crystal refreshes, but I do hope the grind can come down. I mean, everyone does (or at least tries to do) the repetitive battles on a. DC node, so how is that different from finishing up and purchasing refreshes to sim the DC node?

I don't think it is, but I think we need to let the sim system play out for a couple months and let them collect their data. If crystal spending goes up with the sim system, I think you might see them more willing to bring down the grind a bit.
  • Options
    This season I'm going for gold. It's a good "minimum" that still allows you to unlock before the unit leaves Conquest rewards.

I don't mind the 6 month unlock when I'm feeling low on motivation for Conquest.
    Malicos also isn't likely to he transformative for my roster with the gaps I have.

Agree with this. To me the gold box represents a compromise between decent progress toward the new Conquest unit but not making the overall experience excessively grindy.
  • KDC99X
    762 posts Member
    Options
    Good crate, per the usual. I finished up Fury Class early and then took it fairly slow for the rest of conquest, because I had to save my crystals for finishing Leviathan reqs, as that’s been my big push. Once that was assured I started pushing more for red crate and literally *just* made it to 530 key cards in time.

I’ll probably push hard on the new Gideon, too.
  • PeachyPeachSWGOH
    807 posts Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    I don't disagree with you, really, but I do notice that they gave us the sim button, finally. When we were being asked to do DataCron node battles over and over even after getting Red Crate, I said no thanks. It meant that I was behind on DCs that my guild would have preferred me to have and thus created stress in the guild. But there's only so much grind I'm willing to tolerate.

CG listened on that one point. It might not sound like a lot to some people b/c at least you could switch up your teams, but I hated those battles after Red Crate. I'm glad they're gone, and I'm hopeful this means that they will continue to pay attention to the grind level.

This. In the past as each conquest began I always planned on keep doing 3 refreshes a day even after red crate, to get the DC's, but every time when I finally red crate, I would take another hard look at the bonus nodes, and be like, "meh". So, yeah, kudos to the sim button.