Captain Drogan

Prev13456
GhostRep
68 posts Member
edited September 2023
I don't have any issue with CG creating a character from thin air, just as long as they add to the lore. He's not a main character, but him just "being there" on Endor would be pretty lame. A couple of cut scenes and some Kitty pool depth is definitely called for.
Post edited by Ultra on

Replies

• Options
    *Kiddie pool
  • Options
    For generic filler it's (bordeline) acceptible but in this case inappropriate when they could have used Old Ben, Princess Leia, Captain Han, Farmboy Luke etc etc. If they wanted a new unit for a cash cow why not give us Bail Organa or someone else already in canon?

(Resistance) General Leia Organa should have been the GL anyway
  • Options
    lucaefor wrote: »
    For generic filler it's (bordeline) acceptible but in this case inappropriate when they could have used Old Ben, Princess Leia, Captain Han, Farmboy Luke etc etc. If they wanted a new unit for a cash cow why not give us Bail Organa or someone else already in canon?

So then resistance would have TWO GL's and rebels would still have none?
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

You mean like Jedi have two GLs?
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

You mean like Jedi have two GLs?

Technically, Jedi Master Luke is just Jedi, whereas Obi-Wan is Galactic Republic

Same with the Sith, but whereas Sith Eternal Emperor is just Sith, Lord Vader is Empire
  • KDC99X
    762 posts Member
    Options
    And there it is. Behold! The worst take.

No thanks!

• LordDirt
    5149 posts Member
    Options
    GhostRep wrote: »
    I don't have any issue with CG creating a character from thin air, just as long as they add to the lore. He's not a main character, but him just "being there" on Endor would be pretty lame. A couple of cut scenes and some Kitty pool depth is definitely called for.

What is GBA and 50R-T’s lore?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    You don't need to quote the OP. I'm not asking them to make sure they give thought to the lore because they've done such a bang up job so far. It would be cool to see a character from SWGOH crossing over into movies/shows.
  • Options
    It’s more fun to farm and play with characters that you know and love not just some guy that “showed up” with no story.
  • Jacgul
    281 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

To be fair though, GBA is a nameless drone from planet where these sorts or things are common and honestly, who cares about 50rt? I don't have her geared up, most people don't. I never see youtube videos or threads talking about how amazing she is, and I certainly don't see anyone saying anything else about her. However she isn't replacing anyone, no major plot arcs or stories have been influenced by her existence.
    Were there soldiers off screen in the battle of endor? Absolutely. So why are none of the ones we know exist and that some of us, especially in regards to one of my favorites, Crix Madine, shown and instead replaced?
    This has all the marks of what we in the military call, the good idea fairy. It's when someone with no useful or worthwhile ideas decides he's going to shove his own idea down the throats of everyone else simply because he can, regardless of whether it's bad or even just worthless. Drogan is the epitomy of the good idea fairy.
    RIP Crix Madine, Nien Nunb, every Bothan Spy, Nik Sant....and every other character that already exists and actually matters. And that's just the folks I remember were a part of the story.
    But hey, whoever decided to make drogan, at least there's something in star Wars that you can say you made.....
  • Options
    Jacgul wrote: »

To be fair though, GBA is a nameless drone from planet where these sorts or things are common and honestly, who cares about 50rt? I don't have her geared up, most people don't. I never see youtube videos or threads talking about how amazing she is, and I certainly don't see anyone saying anything else about her. However she isn't replacing anyone, no major plot arcs or stories have been influenced by her existence.
    Were there soldiers off screen in the battle of endor? Absolutely. So why are none of the ones we know exist and that some of us, especially in regards to one of my favorites, Crix Madine, shown and instead replaced?
    This has all the marks of what we in the military call, the good idea fairy. It's when someone with no useful or worthwhile ideas decides he's going to shove his own idea down the throats of everyone else simply because he can, regardless of whether it's bad or even just worthless. Drogan is the epitomy of the good idea fairy.
    RIP Crix Madine, Nien Nunb, every Bothan Spy, Nik Sant....and every other character that already exists and actually matters. And that's just the folks I remember were a part of the story.
    But hey, whoever decided to make drogan, at least there's something in star Wars that you can say you made.....

Agreed. Creating characters where they don’t exist is great. No problem at all. But wilfully ignoring a character like Crix, who had a not insignificant part in the EU (yes I know it’s not canon) and had lines even in the films, which is more than some toons in GOH, seems just silly.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options

Making up a toon is fine. Making up a named toon and giving him a back story is lame. Make him Rebel Captain or Endor soldier, fine. To give him a name is just stupid. IMO
  • Options
    5or-T is of a Iokath model, a planet that sent out weapons to other planets to get them war-tested. 5or-T especially resemble the GEMINI line of droids that excel in controlling wast systems, such as entire ships or defense systems.

In the 'Star Wars - The old Republic' game the main focus of the game went to Zakuul, a planet that got sent more weapons from Iokath than others, and then Iokath, after Malgus had been defeated.

So it possible they will expand on 5OR-T the next time they revisits 'SWTOR'
    But for now they just are, so that they can be part of a story another time.
  • Options

Or if they wanted a new character, Stormtrooper Luke, Endor Luke, Endor Soldier, Rebel Captain.
  • Options

Agreed. Creating characters where they don’t exist is great. No problem at all. But wilfully ignoring a character like Crix, who had a not insignificant part in the EU (yes I know it’s not canon) and had lines even in the films, which is more than some toons in GOH, seems just silly.

It really bothers me creating some random named character with a back story. Mob enforcer I'm fine with, no name.
  • Options

It really bothers me creating some random named character with a back story. Mob enforcer I'm fine with, no name.

If it helps, just call him Rebel Bunker Explosives Mule #7.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Options
    I quite like that they are creating new characters. Plenty of excitment within this game when Kotor characters or Jedi fallen order characters get added.

In years to come if one of these get introduced into a show or other game, I'm instantly going to be more connected to them.

This is a big star wars game and it should back itself in the wider lore.
  • Options

Bail Organa should be a conquest unit if he ever comes to the game imo
  • LordDirt
    5149 posts Member
    Options
    If I was with CG I would love to create my own SW character and put it in this game. Don’t see why anyone has an issue with new characters. Do those same people get mad at the new characters in the new SW movies and tv shows?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • KDC99X
    762 posts Member
    Options
    I agree, seems like a non issue to me. Much more concerned about things like buggy releases and QoL issues that need to be addressed.

The characters they’ve created have generally been pretty good. Not world beaters, but definitely high utility units in the game.
  • TVF
    36767 posts Member
    Options
    If I was with CG I would love to create my own SW character and put it in this game. Don’t see why anyone has an issue with new characters. Do those same people get mad at the new characters in the new SW movies and tv shows?

Yes, yes they do.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • LordDirt
    5149 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Yes, yes they do.

I forgot how “Star Wars fans” behaved there for a minute I guess.
  • Options
    Peace, love and understanding - Star Wars fans
  • Options
    (What’s so funny ‘bout)
    Peace, love and understanding - Star Wars fans

• Options
    Creating new character for game is fine
    After all Star Wars is a tiny universe with few characters so it is hard to find original characters to add to the game. Just look at latest additions: second Cal, second Rex, second Gideon, sixs Leia... This poor universe is run out of characters already. So why not to borrow one from Space Marines... sorry, I meant why not to create brand new one. After all rebels is very tiny and unpopular faction with few know characters in it... and it is anywhey better then tenth Han...
  • Options
    Ratinira wrote: »
    After all Star Wars is a tiny universe with few characters so it is hard to find original characters to add to the game. Just look at latest additions: second Cal, second Rex, second Gideon, sixs Leia... This poor universe is run out of characters already. So why not to borrow one from Space Marines... sorry, I meant why not to create brand new one. After all rebels is very tiny and unpopular faction with few know characters in it... and it is anywhey better then tenth Han...

If only someone would write some comics, books, video games or series about it maybe we could get a few more characters that still aren't in the game.
  • Options
    Ratinira wrote: »

If only someone would write some comics, books, video games or series about it maybe we could get a few more characters that still aren't in the game.

If only this wasn’t the last unit introduced to the game.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Options
    It’s more fun to farm and play with characters that you know and love not just some guy that “showed up” with no story.

Different ppl in different countries and different knowledge of the universe says the same.

Lots of ppl here in my country dont know who revan is because they've never heard of Old Republic.
  • Options
    KDC99X wrote: »
    I agree, seems like a non issue to me. Much more concerned about things like buggy releases and QoL issues

What does one thing have to do with the others? People can dislike non-star wars toons and buggy releases at the same time. People disliking non-SW toons doesn't prevent CG from fixing bugs.
This discussion has been closed.