Team comp advice

Replies

  • Options
    @DarthCarrion - i believe that you will also want to start to build an empire squad to throw thrawn on once you get him. and remember, after thrawn is 7*, phoenix is just about done, except if you want hera for profundity or captain rex (if u want to use him) for GL Leia
  • Options
    I have came to this thread to share a different perspective.
    I disagree with some of the advice given in this thread.

    Keep in mind, Everyone plays the game differently.
    Everyone sees the game differently.

    Just because I don’t agree with what others are saying doesn’t mean they are wrong.
    It also doesn’t mean that I am right.

    I’m sure their are dozens of different ways a person could play and still reach a happy ending.
    It’s possible for players to play differently and simultaneously do well in this sort of game.

    Before I give my recommendation, I want to give some background information.
    I am a Beginner just like you!

    I have been playing the game for about 3 weeks.
    The only difference between us is I bought the Hyper-Bundle.
    The Hyper-Bundle can help accelerate a person progress a little bit.

    However, I was still in similar boat as you because I still needed to create my first team.
    I searched and searched for the right beginner team and I believe I found it!
    The first team I decided to go with is the Phoenix team!

    Thus, The recommendation I want to give to you is to go ALL-IN on Phoenix team.
    I think the Phoenix team is the way!
    I think the Phoenix team is the best bang for buck a person could ask for.

    Now, I want to share with you evidence which I uncovered!

    Exhibit A:
    The Phoenix team can help you unlock 3.5 Solo Journey Characters!
    - Emperor Palpatine - Full Unlock with Phoenix ground team
    - Admiral Thrawn - Full Unlock with Phoenix ground team
    - Chimera - Full Unlock with Phoenix air team (Ships)
    - Grand Master Yoda - Partial Unlock with Ezra & Kanan because they are considered to be Jedi

    You can verify the above information by looking at In-Game Journey Guide Requirements.

    Exhibit B:
    The Phoenix team can help you ground & air development simultaneously!
    You can use Phoenix characters in battles to make great early game Phoenix combat team.
    You can use Phoenix ships with Bigs + Wedge + Ackbar to make great early game Rebel fleet team.

    I have been top 500 - 1,000 in Squad Arena past week.
    I have been top 21 - 50 in Fleet Arena past week.
    I have attached pictures for proof that team can be successful.

    38tjvswc2c2f.jpeg
    fu5lc70kqhra.jpeg

    Exhibit C:
    The addition of Captain Rex has helped Phoenix team become great late game contender.
    I saw YouTube video by Ahald showcasing a Phoenix team with Rex beating some Galactic Legends.

    The Phoenix team has acquired some late game power with the addition of Rex.
    You don’t have to take my word for it either!

    I have attached YouTube video for proof which shows different teams with Rex being Galactic Legendaries.
    The Phoenix team with Rex is shown in the video.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr6lxONB0kM

    Exhibit D:
    The Phoenix team is extremely easy to farm.
    I recommend farming all 7 Characters for various reasons.
    - If you have all 7, You can create 2 different strategies.
    - The stronger the Characters get the stronger their Ships get.
    - The Phoenix Characters use different resources which means you are not constrained when farming them.

    I will give you a break down of the locations.

    Cantina Store - Chopper
    Galactic Store - Zeb
    Cantina Battles - 2-B - Ezra & Kanan
    Light Side Battles - 2-F - Hera & Ghost(Ship)
    Dark Side Battles - 1-A - Sabrina & Phantom 2(Ship)
    Dark Side Battles - 3-F - Captain Rex

    If you was to break down resources needed to make this team, you will see how low cost it really is.
    You will have enough resources to farm this team every day + have extra left over resources to do other stuff.

    Cantina Tokens = Chopper
    Galactic Tokens = Zeb
    Cantina Energy = Ezra & Kanan
    Light & Dark Energy = Rest of team which requires a total of about 150 Energy

    Lets be completely honest.
    A person can get more than 150 Regular Energy per day with out buying any with gems.
    The extra Regular Energy can be used as you wish.

    A person will also get:
    - Guild Activity Currency
    - Squad Arena Currency
    - Fleet Arena Currency
    - Fleet Energy
    - Guild Event Currency
    - Grand Arena Currency
    All of which has nothing to do with Phoenix and can be used on what ever.

    This is why I am in favor of building a Rebel Fleet Team while building up your Phoenix team.
    You can get Ackbar with Squad Arena Currency.
    You can get Bigs + Ship with Galactic Tokens after you finish Zeb.
    You can get Boba Fett from Fleet Arena Currency.
    You can get Boba Fett Ship with Fleet Energy.

    You will have Phoenix Ships Juiced up due to leveling the Phoenix characters for your Solo Journey Conquest.
    You will Splash in Ackbar as your Capital Ship because he pairs nicely with Rebels.
    You will Juice up your Ackbar with Currency unrelated to Phoenix Currency.
    You will Splash in Boba Fett who has a very universal Ship which can be good Reinforcement Ship.
    You will Juice up your Boba Fett with Currency unrelated to Phoenix Currency.

    The only character which uses similar currency is Bigs, but you can get healthy amounts of Galactic Tokens per day.
    You will be able to SIM it when you beat it as well so it’s really not an issue.

    Exhibit E:
    The Phoenix team is so easy to play with!
    I found a truly amazing video by a YouTuber named Gerbil who did a remarkable break down of Phoenix team.

    The Gerbil did an in depth nerdy break down of the Phoenix team.
    The Break Down was so smooth that even a Beginner like me could understand it.

    The Gerbil stripped away the complexity and made the team beginner friendly to use!
    The Gerbil shows what 5 heroes to use + Strategy of the different team’s.
    The Gerbil shows what Move Order + what Move to used on them.
    The Gerbil shows what MODS to use on them.

    I know I am saying it multiple times, but it was Remarkable.
    Here is the link so you can judge for yourself.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ic5smRb7pc&t=1204s

    At this point, if your still not convinced the Phoenix team is way to go, Than I don’t think anything else I say can convince you. It is extremely difficult in my opinion to find a team doing as much as Phoenix team is doing.
  • Options
    PlayerJ wrote: »
    I think the Phoenix team is the way!

    This is not the way
    - Not Mando

    Be careful. i would stop at g10 or maybe 11 if you really want to push it. g10 will get you all of the listed events. Nothing will be wasted on hera because eventually you will get prof, but just leave the rest of the team. Also since rex is needed for GL Leia, no resources will be wasted, but he is not easily farmable right now.
  • Options
    PlayerJ wrote: »
    I think the Phoenix team is the way!

    This is not the way
    - Not Mando

    Be careful. i would stop at g10 or maybe 11 if you really want to push it. g10 will get you all of the listed events. Nothing will be wasted on hera because eventually you will get prof, but just leave the rest of the team. Also since rex is needed for GL Leia, no resources will be wasted, but he is not easily farmable right now.

    My Phoenix characters are Gear 8.
    I will see if they can win at Gear 8.
  • DarthCarrion
    13 posts Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Fleet arena is kind of miserable right now, not gonna lie. Always short on materials and I lose almost every match despite having higher power ships. Also only one of my ships gets bonus from Tarkin. Don’t know how I’m going to tackle that.
  • Options
    PlayerJ wrote: »
    PlayerJ wrote: »
    I think the Phoenix team is the way!

    This is not the way
    - Not Mando

    Be careful. i would stop at g10 or maybe 11 if you really want to push it. g10 will get you all of the listed events. Nothing will be wasted on hera because eventually you will get prof, but just leave the rest of the team. Also since rex is needed for GL Leia, no resources will be wasted, but he is not easily farmable right now.

    My Phoenix characters are Gear 8.
    I will see if they can win at Gear 8.

    g8 also requires amazing mods. i would
    push to 9 (maybe 10 for some) and just try to get stuns from zeb and do as much damage with ezra as you can.
  • Options
    Fleet arena is kind of miserable right now, not gonna lie. Always short on materials and I lose almost every match despite having higher power ships. Also only one of my ships gets bonus from Tarkin. Don’t know how I’m going to tackle that.

    What ships are you using?


  • Options
    Fleet arena is kind of miserable right now, not gonna lie. Always short on materials and I lose almost every match despite having higher power ships. Also only one of my ships gets bonus from Tarkin. Don’t know how I’m going to tackle that.

    My recommendation is to cut your losses.
    Put Tarkin + Ships your using on back burner.

    Than start building Ackbar + Phoenix Ships.
    If you don’t start building them soon, your going to fall behind.

    Right now, The players your fighting against in Fleet Arena are probably only using 1 of 3 Capital Ships.
    - Ackbar Capital Ship
    - Tarkin Capital Ship
    - Mace Capital Ship

    The above 3 Capital Ships are the starter Capital ships which the game gives to Beginners.
    These Capital ships are decent Capital Ships, but not the most powerful ones.

    As Time goes on, Players will begin unlocking New Capital Ships.
    These New Capital Ships can be more powerful.

    If you think your having bad time in Fleet Arena now, Wait till you face these New Capital Ships in Fleet Arena.
    They will have it due to unlocking it and you will not.

    What will you do at that point?
    It will be horrible situation.

    The New Capital Ship you should be worried about is the Chimaera.
    The Chimaera is Capital Ship in Tier 3 selection of Journey Guide.

    The Chimarea isn’t that far away from people acquiring it.
    The below picture can show you the requirements to get the Chimaera.

    3brvnmtr6vbq.jpeg

    If you look at the requirements, You will see why I’m telling you to build Phoenix!
    You need Ackbar + 2 Phoenix Ships + 1 Random Rebel Ship to unlock Chimaera.

    If you can get your hands on the Chimaera, you could potentially get an edge of your opponents.
    It could be the game changer that your needing in Fleet Arena.
    I think it’s worth the shot.
  • Options
    I’m using Tarkin 3*, Ghost 2*, Phantom 2*, TIE silencer 5* and Imperial TIE fighter 3*. My biggest issue is that my ships are so ridiculously frail compared to enemy ships it’s pretty pointless from the start. I have other ships but I don’t have the resources to get them up to speed either.
  • Options
    I’m using Tarkin 3*, Ghost 2*, Phantom 2*, TIE silencer 5* and Imperial TIE fighter 3*. My biggest issue is that my ships are so ridiculously frail compared to enemy ships it’s pretty pointless from the start. I have other ships but I don’t have the resources to get them up to speed either.

    Try getting Bigs from Galactic War Store.
    Bigs Ship can be acquired from Galactic War Store or Fleet Arena Store.

    Bigs Ship is a Tank.
    Bigs is also Rebel.
    Bigs can pair nicely with Ackbar + Ghost + Phantom
  • Options
    Lets just say for arguments sake that you hate Ackbar & Phoenix Fleet.

    What alternative’s do you have?
    Based on different Youtuber video’s, I think the alternative Fleet teams are not that easy to get.

    - Songeta Beginner 2023 Guide shows Tarkin with Geonosian Fleet as 1st starting Fleet.
    - AhnaldT101 Beginner 2023 Guides shows Tarkin with Bounty Hunters/Empire as 1st starting Fleet.

    However, the above starting Fleets look very difficult, I don’t understand why they want players to start with those.

    Lets start with Songeta Fleet team:
    - The Geo ships have no synergy with Tarkin.
    - The Geonosain team doesn’t help you in the beginning of the early game because they are used to unlock Padme.
    Padme is a Tier 4 unlock according to Phat Phil’s Journey Guide.

    I’m not saying the Geo Characters/Ships are bad.
    I think they are very good.

    The issue is I feel like they are not best Starting Fleet team.
    They seem more like a 2nd or 3rd Fleet Team.

    ——————————

    Let’s look at AhnaldT101 Fleet team:
    - The Bounty Hunters & Empire Fleets are very strong Fleets.
    - The issue is they are on high level stages.
    It will take you a while to reach them.

    It’s like same situation I was saying before.
    The Fleet Teams seem very good, but they don’t seem like beginner Fleets

    —————————-

    What are you going to do in Fleet Arena in the meantime while you farm the above Fleets?
    Are you just going to lose?

    That’s what I don’t understand.
    It’s going to take time to reach these stages + farm these stages.
    It a lot of down time in my opinion.

    —————————

    When you actually look at where you get Phoenix ships, you can sort of see what I’m saying.
    The Phoenix ships are on low level stages.
    You get Hera + 1 Ship on like Stage 2 or something
    You get Sabrina + 2 Ship on like Stage 1 or something

    —————————-

    What other Fleet is low level accessible?
    Maybe, Mace?

    The Galactic Republic Fleet is sort of low level in Fleet Campaigns.
    The only problem is no Legendaries Ships require the Galactic Fleet.
  • Options
    I’m using Tarkin 3*, Ghost 2*, Phantom 2*, TIE silencer 5* and Imperial TIE fighter 3*. My biggest issue is that my ships are so ridiculously frail compared to enemy ships it’s pretty pointless from the start. I have other ships but I don’t have the resources to get them up to speed either.

    Ok, I see the issue.

    There is a reason why Master Seedy & I are preaching to go hard on DS ships first & not Home-1.

    1. Tarkin's ship is required to open up the Zeta Mats.
    Zeta's are a critical resource in the game at the top end.
    IIRC, You can open them as early as like L72 if you focus on DS ships
    For me it was like L84 because I split my focus between DS & LS Ships & then didn't have enough good ones to open the event.

    2. In the Gal-War Store pre-L60 you have 1 focus, ZEB ZEB ZEB.
    You get Zeb up & running from L40 to L59. Then you switch to Geo Ships Exclusively.
    There are other characters in that store, but Zeb is the only MUST have early on to round out Phoenix on the Ground. Which is where Phoenix Shines, you don't need Phoenix Ships early.
    Phantom/Ghost can both wait till after your DS is done in the air.
    Zeb & the 3 Geo Ships is all you want to buy in G-War till all 4 are Maxed at 7*

    3. Silencer & TIE Fighter are both solid, but, what your missing is the 3 Geo Ships.
    Use your Gal-War tokens to buy Geo ships from Gal War store whenever you see them.
    The 3 Geo's are brutal in firepower w/ all their assists & Sun Fac's taunt pops constantly.

    4. Other ships to focus on are the BH Ships & anything DS that is Crewless like Droid Ships & TIE Bomber.
    Bossk's ship is the best tank in the game & the Crewless ships both have a pair of tanks in there that won't take away from your gearing for ground teams.

    5. Do not invest in anything that isn't a DS Fighter right now, stop pushing any LS Ships at this time.
    Fighters are Cheaper than Tarkins cap ship so level them first & only work on Starring Tarkin, not Leveling it up w/ Creds. A Low Level Tarkin Ship sporting a bunch of 5* Max Level DS Fighters is what your looking for right now at your level.
  • Schwartzring
    1565 posts Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    PlayerJ wrote: »

    - Songeta Beginner 2023 Guide shows Tarkin with Geonosian Fleet as 1st starting Fleet.
    - AhnaldT101 Beginner 2023 Guides shows Tarkin with Bounty Hunters/Empire as 1st starting Fleet.

    However, the above starting Fleets look very difficult, I don’t understand why they want players to start with those.

    See my post above.
    Geo Ships are crazy easy to get if you focus on them in G-War store.
    Kylo/Silencer are in same node in Cantina where you can farm way more than 5 attempts a day.

    You can have a Kylo Ship at 4* before you ever open Ships at L60 & also have thousands of banked G-War tokens at that time to buy up all sorts of Geo Shards as soon as you hit L60.

    With Sun Fac to Tank, & 2 Geo to assist while Kylo Stuns you can do quite well in early fleet.

  • Options
    PlayerJ wrote: »

    - Songeta Beginner 2023 Guide shows Tarkin with Geonosian Fleet as 1st starting Fleet.
    - AhnaldT101 Beginner 2023 Guides shows Tarkin with Bounty Hunters/Empire as 1st starting Fleet.

    However, the above starting Fleets look very difficult, I don’t understand why they want players to start with those.

    See my post above.
    Geo Ships are crazy easy to get if you focus on them in G-War store.
    They may not be able to sim, so that would make it a struggle.
  • Options
    You can have a Kylo Ship at 4* before you ever open Ships at L60 & also have thousands of banked G-War tokens at that time to buy up all sorts of Geo Shards as soon as you hit L60.

    So much this.

    Phoenix with a 3* captain rex might get you through GW early. I wouldn't know as I can't test this, but 6 phoenix toons get you only 2 ships, and you can use Phoenix in GW without levelling their ships.

    I'm not saying don't get Phoenix, but ship resources should go toward the Tarkin/Geo/Vader/TIE Silencer fleet for Zetas.

    Meanwhile, getting in a good guild is mandatory for smooth advancement. Many guilds on the border of low/mid gp will take players with quite low gp if they're consistent about spending 600 energy per day. In return, the low gp player in a good guild gets strong advice that is better than we can give here on the forums because they develop a relationship with the player over time. I could make a purchasing plan for the next goal, but if we're hanging out in guild chat I can actually help a player clarify their goals, rather than just tell them how to reach that next goal. And, of course, a player with low gp but who is reliable for raid tickets can also get back GET1 and GET2 and raid tokens in amounts they could never dream if playing in a guild exclusively made up of people near their gp.

    The wonderful thing about this is that you get a 5* Malevolence startlingly quickly, and that Tarkin fleet goes from decent-for-your-gp to downright nasty, with no other upgrades necessary.

    Anyway, I recommend going for the Tarkin/zeta-access fleet first, but work on getting the right guild so that you can port those ships over to a GG/Mal lead ASAP.

  • Options
    I want to clear up some confusion.
    I also want to share my strategy.

    The OP & I are both beginners.
    We both are trying to learn and get better/improve.

    However, we both have different accounts.
    We both have been working on different things.

    The OP was more indecisive on what he wanted to do.
    I don’t know if the OP has chosen a path or not.

    I wasn’t indecisive.
    I made a decision!

    A decision was made by me and I can’t back out of it.
    I’m committed for better or worse.

    I went All-In on a Phoenix team as my 1st Ground team.
    I went All-In on a Rebel Phoenix team as my 1st Air team.

    gr90hgcybjd6.jpeg

    Half my Phoenix characters are maxed.
    I am in the process of maxing the remainder.

    When I am finished, All 7 Phoenix characters will be maxed.
    The wheels are in motion.

    gi4o58c6pkv5.jpeg

    The above picture are the teams I am planning to use to win.
    I don’t know if the teams I have there will win, but that is the set up I have planned.

    The Phoenix Ground Characters maxed should help me unlock/max out:
    - Emperor Palpatine
    - Thrawn
    - Grand Master Yoda (Partially)

    6345143925u9.jpeg

    The above picture is of my Rebel Fleet.
    I went All-In!

    I started with Ghost + Phantom because I got them as drops farming Hera + Sabrina.
    I added in Ackbar because he synergies with Rebel Ships.

    4h2wws034sno.jpeg

    In addition to the above, I needed to add in 1 Rebel Ship to reach the necessary requirements for Chimaera.
    I added in Bigs because Bigs is Tank.

    The Ghost + Phantom ships are Attackers which are fragile.
    If they get hit, they die to fast so I added in Tank to be a meat shield.

    Afterward, I began leveling up Ackbar Capital Ship which allowed me to use addition reinforcements.
    I added in Wedge as another strong Rebel Attacker.

    Recently, I unlocked another reinforcement slot.
    I am in the process of adding in Raven Claw.

    ————————————

    At this point, Both of my 1st Ground & Air teams are close to being finalized.
    Stopping at this point would just be a mistake because I have already came this far.

    The OP is in different situations vs. me.
    The OP didn’t go All-In on Phoenix team.

    Whether or not the OP should stop is difficult to say.
    We are not in the same situation.

    ————————————

    Now, I want to mention something which Schwartzring brought up.
    Schwartzring was saying we should stop using Ackbar with Light Side ships because of Zeta’s.
    Schwartzring was saying we need to use Tarkin with Dark Side Ships.

    gwbo14lrj18a.png

    I believe the reason Schwartzring is saying the above is because of Fleet Challenges which is above picture.
    To get Fleet Credits - We have to use Ackbar with LS ships
    To get Ship XP - We have to use Mace with LS ships
    To get Skills + Zeta’s - We have to use Tarkin with DS ships

    Now, The Fleet Challenges did cross my mind.
    I went All-In on Ackbar.

    My Ackbar is giving me Max Fleet Credits.
    I’m am swimming in Fleet Credits.
    The Ackbar team is helping me unlock Chimaera + unlock max Fleet Credits.

    Now, Here is where things get interesting, My Phoenix ground + air team will be maxed sooner or later.
    At that point, I will need to work on 2nd Ground & 2nd Air team.

    lpspdrf45k15.jpeg

    The next ground team I am thinking of making is to Unlock/Max out R2D2.
    R2D2 needs Empire Characters.

    I am thinking of the above Empire team as my 2nd Ground Team.
    My Vader + Tarkin are ready
    My Palpatine + Thrawn will be ready after my 1st teams wins vs. their 7 star events.
    My Royal Guard is only real character I need to work on.

    I was using Storm Trooper for the Taunt.
    I switched out Storm Trooper and started building up Royal Guard because I felt he was better.

    Royal Guard can taunt + he has passive abilities which let him place taunt if 1 of my units drops low health.
    I felt RG was superior Taunter vs. Storm Trooper.

    vm4cl09n3lx2.jpeg

    In addition to everything I said, you can sort of see what I’m thinking about in terms of 2nd Fleet.
    - Tarkin is ready to go.
    - Palpatine + RG are pilots of Emperor Shuttle
    - Vader is pilot to Tie Advanced
    - I already own Tie Fighter
    - I only need Tie Bomber

    I was thinking of going Tarkin + Empire Fleet.
    This was my plan

    HOWEVER, I am not committed to this plan.
    It’s still in Development Stages.

    I could go different route.
    Is Tarkin with Geo ships better vs. Tarkin with Empire Fleet?

    I didn’t go straight for Tarkin + Geo ships because I was under the assumption they are worse.
    I thought Tarkin + Empire ships are better, but I’m a beginner.
    I don’t really know who is better.

    This is the sort of information I am trying to find out.
  • Options
    Agreed Seedy.

    Kylo + 3 Geos + (3 Other DS Ships from below) is the way to start out your DS Fleet.

    Options:
    Crewless - TIE Bomber
    Crewless - Hyena Bomber
    Crewless - Vulture Droid
    Boba - Slave 1
    Bossk - Hounds Tooth
    IG88 - IG2000
    Cad - Xanadu Blood
    Vader - TIE Advanced x1
    TIE Pilot - Imp TIE Fighter
    FO Tie Pilot - FO TIE Fighter

    All 10 are useful, but only 3 are must have to go w/ the 4 above for a full 7 ships to complete events.

    *****

    As Seedy stated, we are NOT saying to not do Rebel fleet, we are just saying, make it your 2nd fleet, not 1st.

    Aside from the Zetas that are req Tarkin to get, the Rebel Fleet doesn't really shine till you get Mil Falcon & you can't get that till you have all 4 BH ships.
    So you want the DS first & then LS once you have the critical ships needed to make it run.
    Finally, as cool as Falcon + Home-1 is, it can be shut down by TIE Bomber big time, I was quite annoyed when they nerfed the entire Home-1 fleet by introducing 1 easy to get Empire ship to the game. Grr.


  • Options
    I could go different route.
    Is Tarkin with Geo ships better vs. Tarkin with Empire Fleet?

    I didn’t go straight for Tarkin + Geo ships because I was under the assumption they are worse.
    I thought Tarkin + Empire ships are better, but I’m a beginner.
    I don’t really know who is better.

    This is the sort of information I am trying to find out.

    Let's be clear: This is a game. If you like what you're doing and are having a great time playing, then keep doing what you're doing. The ENTIRE POINT of a game is to have fun. If someone else has great advice for how to progress quickly, but that makes the game less fun for you, why do it? It's not like someone is giving you money for your GP.

    However, if you're asking us what benefits your account as a whole without regard to fun (since only you know what is fun to you) then I would say this: you have to take into an account many things at once.

    One of those things is getting into a good guild. Are you in a guild that is completing the Sith Triumvirate raid? If not, then looking for a new guild should be your #1 priority, even above ships and everything else.

    Another of those things is squad capability. The struggle for zetas is a long term struggle, but getting extra zetas earlier matters. So does finishing GW every day (or close to it). Maximizing GW income allows you to collect all the ships earlier and then progress on to collecting key characters. Once you've done that, you can stock up on GW income and then you always have the option of buying one of the less important characters if you're finally at a place where you really need them, OR converting those Emeralds into Shard Shop Currency. This will allow you to supplement your G12 pieces and your g11 finishers. (Purchase only those items that cost exactly 360 or 420 SSCs. Everything else is better purchased with a different currency, like the Mk1 and Mk2 raid currencies.)

    Another is pushing for a fleet that can finish in the top 50 and thus earn crystals for you. The people who purchased the Hyperdrive Bundle have an advantage here, but you can break in to the top 20 with Malevolence and a g11 Grievous if you have the Geo Trio. Your finish in Fleet Arena won't matter much until you can hit top 20, so the focus on gaining a breakthrough fleet as soon as possible rather than gaining a fleet that is temporarily better, but won't crack the top 20 is very important here. Geos + Heyna Bomber will do the trick, even without Vulture Droid, but ideally you want Hyena and Vulture both.
    ===> I want to congratulate you for getting into the 30s with your Rebel fleet. That's great, but as soon as other players discover the TIE Bomber your ability to win will crash I want you to be ready for that and able to jump over to a different fleet that you have ready. Mal/Geos also can take 1st in fleet, which your Rebs probably can't do. Maybe I'm wrong and maybe everyone in your shard will ignore TIE Bomber, but I would try to anticipate their strategies rather than wait until they use something you can't beat and then start working on the counter.

    Another is the early legendary toons -- GMY, Thrawn, Palp, R2, JKR and Padmé and the first Hero's Journey toon, CLS. Phoenix does set you up well here, but you don't need to max them to score Palp and Thrawn.

    Finally, you want an early start on Imperial Troopers and Bounty Hunters. The BH are required for important events (Credit Heist and Galactic Bounties 1 & 2). The Imperial Troopers are an insanely powerful offensive team once you have Veers' zeta and also have an Assault Battle dedicated to them.

    ============================

    You're doing fine, @PlayerJ , and you've correctly identified some priorities. And, again, if you're happy then there's no reason to change anything.

    But you did ask for advice, and my advice is to devote all your GW resources to Geo ships, keep working on TIE Adv. x1 in the Fleet Store, and stop worrying about maxing Phoenix. Bringing Hera up to 6* is not a bad idea, but Chopper can stay right where he is. Free Phoenix shards are common in this game, especially from Assault Battles and Galactic Challenges. They'll finish themselves off without a focussed effort.

    As for gear, I think that bringing Kanan to g10 is fine. I wouldn't have recommended it before, but the new raid economy makes the gear that used to hold a player back quite easy to come by as long as you're in a guild that completes the Sith Triumvirate raid. Likewise Ezra to g9 or g10 is also fine. These are double-duty characters and will get called on quite a bit. Higher gear Kanan also makes completing the Thrawn event much, much easier when the time comes. And it's worthwhile to know that those two toons require a lot of Carbantis, but not many purple stun cuffs, while the Geos require a lot of purple Mk3 Stun Cuffs. This means you can be working on your Geos without slowing down to give Kanan and Ezra a little extra gear.

    You'll want 5x 7* Empire toons as soon as possible to complete R2D2 b/c he's required for the CLS Hero's Journey.

    You'll want 5x 5* Separatist toons as soon as possible to access Padmé. The Geos work well for this. Padmé is the most powerful toon you can get in the near future. You should have Count Dooku already at 5* or better. The Geos will get you to 4 toons, and even to 5 if you collect them all (not just the pilots).

    Overall I think you've done well, but I also think that the time for Phoenix focus has already come to an end (unless you want to keep focus on Hera just long enough to get her to 6*).

    In the early game environment where you're playing, it's also important to know how much gear is wise to spend. As I said, Kanan to g10 and Ezra to g9 make the Thrawn event so much easier, so giving them gear will help. Someone else mentioned putting g9 or g10 on Hera as well, since she's required at relics later in the game, and the new Raid economy makes g9 pretty low stress to accomplish.

    But after that you gear should go to new squads and your levels should stay at 80. The next 5 levels don't add much power but they cost a LOT of credits, so skip them. Generally you should leave any characters you're levelling at 80 until they need a zeta or a gear piece that requires more levels, then take them to whichever level is required for their zeta or to access g10. Don't worry about g11 for a while, but occasionally you could also take a special character to g11. Only take toons to level 85 when it's time to take the toon to g12. Again, that should be awhile yet. You certainly don't need to worry before your player level is 85, and even then think carefully about which toons you take to g12 -- don't just do an entire squad at once.

    I think that's enough for now. I would definitely shift focus to Tarkin/Geos now for strategic reasons, but again, as I said, fun reasons are more important and only you can judge whether something is fun.

    Good luck, and write more as you progress!
  • Options
    PlayerJ wrote: »
    I want to clear up some confusion.
    I also want to share my strategy.

    ........................

    I didn’t go straight for Tarkin + Geo ships because I was under the assumption they are worse.
    I thought Tarkin + Empire ships are better, but I’m a beginner.
    I don’t really know who is better.

    This is the sort of information I am trying to find out.


    I just wanted to clarify something for you.

    Your path is not bad at all.

    Phoenix-Ground is still the best first squad to do.
    Your "Ground/Squads" are not at all wrong & your following a great path.

    Your fleet is also NOT a BAD fleet at all.

    What Seedy & I are pointing out is just that there is 1 flaw in your path, something we've already found out the hard way, and that flaw is you'll be late to the party on Zeta mats.

    Not horrible or anything, just something that I personally realized I did "less efficiently" than I could have.

    I ended up having a mixed fleet of 5 ships that worked to get me the first few Stars for each of those challenges & then when it asked me for 5 of the same DS/LS Faction, I was totally behind as I tried to level up 2-3 more ships from each faction & it took me forever to pass the Tarkin fight as my ships were lagging behind.

    So when it comes down to being the most efficient w/ Ships the consensus these days is to focus on DS ships first to be able to take the Ability Mat challenge to high stars faster.

    Kylo is probably the most powerful early ship you can access.
    And after Zeb the G-War store has not "Must have Early" characters outside of maybe Cad Bane.
    2 of the Geo Characters that are pilots are in early-ish Cantina Nodes so cheap to star up.
    End result is you can get "prepped" for fleet prior to 60 if you plan out early.

    Cantina Battle Nodes for example come down to 5 key farms (Used to be 6 but they moved Hera out)
    1 - Ezra
    2 - Kylo+Silencer
    3 - Old Ben
    4 - Geo Soldier
    5 - Geo Spy
    Optional #6 = Tie Pilot

    After Zeb hits 7* you can choose to bank G-War tokens for a few levels & be able to buy up those Geo Ships to high stars the minute you open Fleet.

    I personally didn't do the Geo's early, but, in hindsight, I agree that it would be a better path than what I did & now I suggest it as Zetas will never be in abundance but "eventually" Creds/Training Droids will no longer be a problem.
  • Options
    I believe they mean executrix, not executor. you don’t have to wait that long
    Correct, my bad, fixed above.

    And that is the 2nd reason why Executor was a bad idea for the game.

    1. SSD in charge of BH ??? whhhaatt???
    2. Confusion w/ similar named ship. Who thought this was a good idea?

    The answer to #2 is George Lucas :)
    "The Empire won't stop until we make them " - Cpt. Drogan, Bitter Pill Company
  • Options
    n55aallnklew.png

    I want to show my current rooster + give more background information to clear up some things.
    I have seen a few comments talking about Player Levels.
    I just want to say I am level 85.

    I have been playing for about 4 weeks, but I have spent some money.
    I bought Hyper Bundle along with few other things.

    In terms of Cantina Battle Nodes - I have done following order:
    1 - Ezra + Kanan (They drop on same NODE)
    2 - Bigs
    3 - Old Ben
    4 - Wedge

    That is more or less the what I have done so far.
    Ezra + Kanan are maxed
    Bigs is maxed
    Old Ben is like 8 shards away from max
    Wedge is like 90 shards away from max

    The 5th hero I was thinking of farming after is Kyle because he is pilot of Raven Claw.

    Keep in mind, This is just what I have been doing so far.
    I can still change the 5th Farm.
    I don’t necessarily have to farm Kyle.

    ———————————————

    I know your suggestion for me to leave Chopper & Hera 6 star.
    The issue is I can’t get Thrawn 7 Star, unless I have 5 Phoenix characters 7 Star.

    I need Thrawn 7 Star to do R2D2.
    Otherwise, I would have to level up another Empire hero to put on my Empire team.

    In addition, Every Phoenix team seems to run both Chopper + Hera so I think I am probably forced to upgrade them.
    I think I’m just going to have to finish them.

    ———————————————-

    The in sight you have given me in regard to Fleet Challenges is helpful.
    I can SIM all of Galactic War.
    I did plan to build Geo team, but I had planned to build them up later.

    wxtc62mxan0y.jpeg

    waqt0k6zsw55.jpeg

    I think I already showed you the above teams to unlock my tier 1 & 2 requirements.
    I don’t think I showed my tier 3 & 4 teams.

    czx0q8ljbjgb.jpeg

    h2uboqaygy80.jpeg

    My Tier 4 teams are not complete because I haven’t planned that far.
    It is just my rough plan


    However, I am wondering if I should push Geo little sooner.
    I was planning to make Geo’s.
    I just had them lower on my list, but you peeps have been suggesting them so it makes me wonder.
  • Options
    PlayerJ wrote: »

    1 - Ezra + Kanan (They drop on same NODE)


    I know your suggestion for me to leave Chopper & Hera 6 star.

    However, I am wondering if I should push Geo little sooner.
    I was planning to make Geo’s.
    I just had them lower on my list, but you peeps have been suggesting them so it makes me wonder.


    A couple things.

    1. Wow, they added Kanan? That must be new. When I started Kanan was in the Squad Store.
    Having him paired up w/ Ezra is super nice now. Of course they slowed down Hera when they moved her to Hard Nodes so, its still semi-slow going.


    2. I don't think anyone suggested stopping Chopper or Hera.
    On the contrary, you want to keep farming them to 7* for sure.
    Both are solid members of Phoenix team & give you a Thrawn, R2, CLS as you said.
    Phoenix GROUND is a MUST.
    We are mostly just saying that Phoenix SHIPS is what you could wait on.
    And we are specifically saying that for people that don't have the Hyper Bundle since they can are depending on opening things up as they level & not Fast Forwarding to L85.

    3. Geo's is a great early team IF, IF, IF, you have the Hyper Bundle like you did.
    Because the Alpha is not available till like level 80 or so w/o the bundle.

    The 2 we are suggesting are available much earlier & are both Pilots, so we were just saying to farm them once you are done w/ Ezra & Kylo-U/Silencer since it gets them starred up & ready for when you hit L60 & can slap them into your ships.
    They don't need to be Geared/Leveled prior to hitting Fleet if your not doing the whole team.


  • MasterSeedy
    5225 posts Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    > 2. I don't think anyone suggested stopping Chopper or Hera.

    To be fair, I did.

    I thought that they were level 80 and said that 6* was enough for now b/c you get so many Phoenix shards through GCs and ABs and I didn't have trouble getting 5x Empire toons for R2D2 without Thrawn, and that was long ago when you couldn't race through MagmaTrooper in the GW store if you needed an extra Empire toon.

    If you're already level 85, I admit that changes some things a bit. g11 is no longer your max gear, for one. It also explains how that fleet is doing so well: you're in the HDB group. I was worried that maybe my info about long term viability was out of date, but I no longer think that's true. It's just that with the HDB PlayerJ jumped so far ahead that it's going to take a while before people have the counter. But the TIE Bomber counter is still coming.

    In any case, PlayerJ, you see happy with what you're doing, and that's great. Keep on doing what makes you happy.
  • Options
    I think my approach has been too spread out. Not an uncommon problem for me in games. Same reason I can’t commit to specialized builds in Skyrim either -.-

    It’s a bit of a clumsy play style but I think for now I will focus my efforts on DS/Geo for now. I might struggle a bit for the time being but I haven’t stopped enjoying the game. And knowing what I need to work on has lessened my frustrations with the fleet arena a little.

    I’ll keep on working and if I need any more advice I’ll make sure to come back here. (Also oh lord this thread has grown huge :”D road to 1k views)
  • Options
    I think my approach has been too spread out. Not an uncommon problem for me in games. Same reason I can’t commit to specialized builds in Skyrim either -.-

    It’s a bit of a clumsy play style but I think for now I will focus my efforts on DS/Geo for now. I might struggle a bit for the time being but I haven’t stopped enjoying the game. And knowing what I need to work on has lessened my frustrations with the fleet arena a little.

    I’ll keep on working and if I need any more advice I’ll make sure to come back here. (Also oh lord this thread has grown huge :”D road to 1k views)

    actually, where you are right now, spreading your roster isn’t that bad. if i were you, i would try making two squads, one light and one dark. shard farm one squad and then gear farm another. once you feel that you need to switch the farm you are doing, just flip it around. don’t buy refreshes on hard nodes. just buy energy with crystals so you can farm for gear.
  • Options
    > 2. I don't think anyone suggested stopping Chopper or Hera.

    To be fair, I did.

    I thought that they were level 80 and said that 6* was enough for now b/c you get so many Phoenix shards through GCs and ABs and I didn't have trouble getting 5x Empire toons for R2D2 without Thrawn, and that was long ago when you couldn't race through MagmaTrooper in the GW store if you needed an extra Empire toon.

    If you're already level 85, I admit that changes some things a bit. g11 is no longer your max gear, for one. It also explains how that fleet is doing so well: you're in the HDB group. I was worried that maybe my info about long term viability was out of date, but I no longer think that's true. It's just that with the HDB PlayerJ jumped so far ahead that it's going to take a while before people have the counter. But the TIE Bomber counter is still coming.

    In any case, PlayerJ, you see happy with what you're doing, and that's great. Keep on doing what makes you happy.

    Don’t worry!
    I will always do what makes me happy.
    The game is supposed to be fun.

    The issue isn’t really about my happiness.
    It’s more about effectiveness.

    Every game has a meta or a set of things which need to be done in order to be successful.
    These sort of things are unrelated to players emotions.
    I’m trying to find out what those things are in order to create a general plan.

    My Phoenix Fleet team is winning, but I don’t think it will win forever.
    You mentioned the counter is TIE Bomber.

    My question would be what counters the TIE Bomber?
    I want to stay ahead of my enemy.

    My Phoenix team is winning.
    My Enemy is losing, but building up TIE Bomb

    When they finish the TIE Bomber, I want to have my 2nd fleet ready.
    So that I continue beating them.
  • Options
    dwhhc4ox6e7a.jpeg

    I want to share my above picture with the OP + other new players who may be watching.
    I have just scored a major victory for my account.
    I have fully unlocked Grand Master Yoda 7 stars with the above team.

    Originally, I created a list of teams I am hoping could win.
    The list was just a theoretical list, but I am happy to report the Yoda team on my list did the job!

    I won the fight on 1st try.
    - 5 of the Characters are gear 8.
    - 3 of the Characters are skills level up to 5
    - 2 of the Characters are skills level up to 7 (Ezra & Kanan)

    Only 2 Characters have MODS (Ezra & Kanan)
    The rest of team is blank.

    My Quin is lvl 85, but truthfully I think he could of been lvl 80.
    I don’t think the extra lvls played any role in fight.

    The team was very smooth.
    I didn’t feel like I was in any danger.
    I lost my Protection a few times on Yoda’s attacks, but my Health Bar was never Yellow or Red.

    I did target Yoda right off bat!
    Targeting Yoda first could of been key strategy I used to win.

    Yoda was doing some damage.
    I didn’t want to let him stay around for long.

    So now people know what to do in order to win.
    A person might be able to win with less levels or less gear.
    I’m not sure.

    I didn’t want to take the risk.
    It was my 1st - 7 star Journey Battle.
    I wanted Yoda very bad

    I probably over killed it, but I wasn’t taking any chances.
    I used purple gears which seems normal.
    I used the cheaper skill ups.

    I came in battle completely pumped with guns blazing and I came home with the “W”
    Massive Win!

    Last thing I want to say is:
    I manually played the battle and I rotated the taunts.

    I let Kanan taunt.
    Than when his expired

    I let Old Ben taunt.
    I sort of bounced back and forth to help.

    My Ezra was taking some big hits.
    My Kanan & Old Ben were just brushing the hits off.
    So that is important to know as well
    Don’t let the AI attack your squishy heroes only the tanks.

    —————————————

    After this hard fought victory, I am planning on trying Palpatine with my other Sample team next.
    I am just waiting for them to be 7 Star.

    No rush!
    Now that I know how difficult GMY was I can sort of gauge what to do vs. Palpatine.
    I feel like I could probably beat it if my heroes were 7 Star so I am just going to focus on leveling.
  • Options
    I won the fight on 1st try.
    - 5 of the Characters are gear 8.
    - 3 of the Characters are skills level up to 5
    - 2 of the Characters are skills level up to 7 (Ezra & Kanan)

    Only 2 Characters have MODS (Ezra & Kanan)
    The rest of team is blank.

    This is great. It's been so long since I did these, I would have assumed that you needed a bit more in skill levels and mods (even bad mods help at your stage). Buying the HDB helps a ton in character shards and levels, but it does put you behind on mods (not compared to where you would have been on this day, but where you would have been at this level).

    .......
    As for Palp, any 5 rebels work, they don't have to be Phoenix. Phoenix is required for Thrawn, but just "rebels" for Palp, so you can re-use Old Ben in your Palpatine event squad.

    Old Ben lead with Ezra, Kanan, + 2 random rebels, whoever you have is fine.

    I still recommend Kanan up to g10 and Ezra up to g9, but only once you're in a good guild and collecting those good raid rewards.

    Have you placed yourself in a good guild yet? That's really more important than anything else you could do in game (if you haven't done it already).
  • Options
    I think my approach has been too spread out. Not an uncommon problem for me in games. Same reason I can’t commit to specialized builds in Skyrim either -.-

    It’s a bit of a clumsy play style but I think for now I will focus my efforts on DS/Geo for now. I might struggle a bit for the time being but I haven’t stopped enjoying the game. And knowing what I need to work on has lessened my frustrations with the fleet arena a little.

    I’ll keep on working and if I need any more advice I’ll make sure to come back here. (Also oh lord this thread has grown huge :”D road to 1k views)


    Glad we could help!

    Just one last thing --- are you in a good guild right now? Being in a good guild will help you more than we can here, for lots of reasons including both in-game resources but also just the kind of information you learn from your guild chat (usually on Discord) as a newer player. Even when people aren't trying to coach you, things like celebrating a win with one team over another gives you info about which teams can beat which (and whether it's easy or hard with that team).
  • Options
    I’m kind of conflicted on the guild thing. Mine isn’t doing Sith Trium. quests quite yet (doing the Grievous one currently) but I also really like my guild in terms of supportiveness and I’m not sure if I’d like to leave. Part of the what makes the game fun for me thing.

    Also I promise I’m reading all these messages, I’ve been a bit busy so I’m struggling to reply to the long advice posts each time, but I see all of em and I really appreciate the effort you guys put in :) im taking it all into account!
Sign In or Register to comment.