My Star Wars Journey from Padawan to Jedi Master!

13Next

Replies

• Options
    #1: Smuggler's run 2 gives you mod slicing mats, enough to take a 5A mod to 6E, plus 30 micro attentuators. Jabba is recommended to get because of this, and he's also required for a ROTE mission for each phase. HOWEVER, Jabba is nowhere near your reach right now, especially because you're new. Jabba requires Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker at relic 7, who requires a bunch of r3 toons himself.

1b. Leia's event is seen as much worse because it pales in comparison to Smugglers Run 2, it still gives relic mats and omicron materials.

#2: Don't use ally points on datacrons. you need full relic teams for them and you only have a few. Ally points are used for bronziums, which give low tier gear which can be used as relic scrap for Carbonite Circuit Boards and Bronzium Wiring

#3: Focus on a specific farm rather than just unlocking the journey guide characters. Farming for executor will give you good bounty hunters, who you can then use for chewie. the executor itself will give you a massive boost in your fleet arena rank, and you will have a better crystal income.

#4: The scavenger is an essential part of the game. You scrap gear to obtain relic mats. Never buy gear packs to scrap, instead use the old raid currency to buy gear to efficiently scrap. You also want to constantly be farming signal data from cantina battles, and buy the 500 crystal Circuit board packs that come every month.

#5: You need a 7* capital ship to unlock the raddus, and after that, it will take 3 1/2 months with no refreshes to get it to 5*. Given how new your account is, you're going to need to get 2 characters from nothing to relic 7, and one more from relic 5 to relic 7. I would say to go for rey, while also farming the ships required for executor and the xanadu blood, as it's an integral part of the executor fleet.

#6: GL Rey needs 6 zetas, but I'd advise that you first apply the crucial zetas on your current characters first, and spend fleet currency on zeta mats whenever you can. Get Vader's MM, Palpatine's lead, Bossk's lead, now so you can have good GAC squads to place high to get more zeta mats.

#7: Yes, you will be able to participate in certain events faster than unlocking a GL, but the rewards from those pale in comparison to what you can do with GLs. Sith Eternal is good in proving grounds, where you get shards of old conquest toons once you reach 4M GP, including Ben Solo, who makes rey so much better. GLs also help with assault battles, which awards relic salvage, and the new GL event gives you another source of omicrons.

Also, nobody is sharing secrets about the game, it's a public forum, and those "veteran players" aren't trying to hide information from you. I'd recommend listening to our advice. There's a reason youtubers suggest going for a GL. Anyway, hope this helps, and thanks for coming to my TEDTalk.

• Options
    you don’t need datacrons until you have full relic teams :facepalm:
  • Options
    #1: Smuggler's run 2 gives you mod slicing mats, enough to take a 5A mod to 6E, plus 30 micro attentuators. Jabba is recommended to get because of this, and he's also required for a ROTE mission for each phase. HOWEVER, Jabba is nowhere near your reach right now, especially because you're new. Jabba requires Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker at relic 7, who requires a bunch of r3 toons himself.

1b. Leia's event is seen as much worse because it pales in comparison to Smugglers Run 2, it still gives relic mats and omicron materials.

#2: Don't use ally points on datacrons. you need full relic teams for them and you only have a few. Ally points are used for bronziums, which give low tier gear which can be used as relic scrap for Carbonite Circuit Boards and Bronzium Wiring

#3: Focus on a specific farm rather than just unlocking the journey guide characters. Farming for executor will give you good bounty hunters, who you can then use for chewie. the executor itself will give you a massive boost in your fleet arena rank, and you will have a better crystal income.

#4: The scavenger is an essential part of the game. You scrap gear to obtain relic mats. Never buy gear packs to scrap, instead use the old raid currency to buy gear to efficiently scrap. You also want to constantly be farming signal data from cantina battles, and buy the 500 crystal Circuit board packs that come every month.

#5: You need a 7* capital ship to unlock the raddus, and after that, it will take 3 1/2 months with no refreshes to get it to 5*. Given how new your account is, you're going to need to get 2 characters from nothing to relic 7, and one more from relic 5 to relic 7. I would say to go for rey, while also farming the ships required for executor and the xanadu blood, as it's an integral part of the executor fleet.

#6: GL Rey needs 6 zetas, but I'd advise that you first apply the crucial zetas on your current characters first, and spend fleet currency on zeta mats whenever you can. Get Vader's MM, Palpatine's lead, Bossk's lead, now so you can have good GAC squads to place high to get more zeta mats.

#7: Yes, you will be able to participate in certain events faster than unlocking a GL, but the rewards from those pale in comparison to what you can do with GLs. Sith Eternal is good in proving grounds, where you get shards of old conquest toons once you reach 4M GP, including Ben Solo, who makes rey so much better. GLs also help with assault battles, which awards relic salvage, and the new GL event gives you another source of omicrons.

Also, nobody is sharing secrets about the game, it's a public forum, and those "veteran players" aren't trying to hide information from you. I'd recommend listening to our advice. There's a reason youtubers suggest going for a GL. Anyway, hope this helps, and thanks for coming to my TEDTalk.

I wasn’t trying to ignore your post.
    I just couldn’t respond due to being ban for a week.

You gave good points.
    I gave your post a like.

I will have to soak in all the information.
    I will make adjustments accordingly.
  • Options

My Friend, I have Mastered the Art of Relic making!
    I have done so with out Get 2, Get 3, or MK 3 currency!

I 100% need Datacron’s.
    I will be swimming in Relic Teams.

It’s all about the Key Farming Locations.
    The toughest part for sure.
  • Options
    PlayerJ wrote: »

I 100% need Datacron’s.

How many Chars have you brought up to relic levels with out buying light speed bundles ?
  • Options
    PlayerJ wrote: »

I 100% need Datacron’s.

How many Chars have you brought up to relic levels with out buying light speed bundles ?

I was in the process of bringing up 5 Relic Characters.
    However, I had to stop bringing up 4 Relic Characters

It was critical for me to do an auto-ball.
    I had to stop to take advantage of the in-game situation.
    I will be back to Relic makings afterward.

My Relic Domination will have to happen at the exact moment for account success!

Timing is bad right now!
  • Options
    I was in the process of bringing up 5 Relic Characters.
    However, I had to stop bringing up 4 Relic Characters

It was critical for me to do an auto-ball.
    I had to stop to take advantage of the in-game situation.
    I will be back to Relic makings afterward.

My Relic Domination will have to happen at the exact moment for account success!

Timing is bad right now![/quote]

So the answer is 1 right to my original question. And what are you waffling about-My Relic Domination will have to happen at the exact moment for account success! Whats the exact moment got to do with just putting sum relic levels up. lol

• Options

So the answer is 1 right to my original question. And what are you waffling about-My Relic Domination will have to happen at the exact moment for account success! Whats the exact moment got to do with just putting sum relic levels up. lol

I was in the process of making 5 Relics when the game announced they was having their 8th year anniversary.

They made all farms double drop farmable for a week.
    At that moment, I decided to stop my Relic Conquest.

I saw an opportunity which couldn’t be ignored.
    I used all my energy to farm up teams I am missing.

Once, the double drop event ends, it will be the exact moment to go back to Relic characters.
  • Options
    Week 20 - Update:
    Galactic Power: 2.55 Mil

I want to do an overview of my account so far based on the below point:
    - GAC
    - Squard Arena
    - Fleet Arena
    - Farming/Relic Planning
    - Game Related Discussion

———

Grand Arena Champions:
    My current GAC rank hasn’t changed very much.

I am still in Carbonite 3.
    I have noticed I do seem to do better in 5 vs. 5 instead of 3 vs. 3.
    I guess I need to study more 3 man GAC teams.

———

Squad Arena:
    My current Squad Arena score has fallen a little bit.

Previously, I was in top 201 - 500 of players.
    I have fallen out of the 500 player reward bracket.

I am in the 501 - 1,000 player reward bracket.
    It seems like my opponents got stronger.
    A lot more Rey’s & SLKR in top ranks.

———

Fleet Arena:
    My current Fleet Arena score has plummeted.

Previously, I was in top 11-20 of players.
    I have fallen out of the 20 player reward bracket.

I am in the 21-50 player reward bracket.
    I can’t put my finger on it, but my opponents are tougher.
    I am clinging on to the 50 crystal pay out for dear life.

Their is a good possibility that in the coming weeks.
    My opponents might push me out from getting any Crystals at all.

My Fleet Arena does feel very competitive with a splash of cheaters mixed in.
    I say they are cheaters just because their ships seem to low level, but who really knows.

They could be just so skillful and amazing that I am so oblivious on how they win.
    Either way, it does seem like the top Fleet Ranks are on lock down.

I am getting squeezed out for sure.
    I feel like an Orange being juiced!

I’m not going down with out a fight, though.
    They are not going to juice and peel me that easy.
    I’m be the most Sour and Bitter Orange they will ever have.

———

Farming/Relic Planning:

I did a very Ambitious Farming Plan!
    I went after BAM, Chewie, & Padme.

vjk1gpainql7.jpeg

6loiwzs9wmew.jpeg

I also did a very Ambitious Relic Plan!
    I went after all the Relic 7 characters needed to unlock GL Rey.

dubd3y7t2gfe.jpeg

Sadly, my over Ambition wasn’t sustainable. LOL
    I just didn’t have enough energy to farm gear & character shards.

I have made a lot of progress.
    I haven’t actually acquired any of the hero’s I set out to get, but I’m not far off.

———

The above situation sort of leads to the current Game Discussion:

I have put myself in a very awkward situation. LOL.
    Obviously, I didn’t plan for myself to be in an awkward situation.
    It just sort of happened.

The game has recently released new Bundle Packs.
    You can see the screenshot below:

gzg6078xk6mh.jpeg

Previously, The game released Bundles for characters I never owned or even had planned to own.
    It was an easy decision by me to buy the Bundles because it help me unlock heroes with out hassle of farming them.

This time around is a lot different.
    I own the majority of characters which are being featured in the Bundle.

———

The Emperor P. Pack is filled with characters & ships I have 7 Star - Level 85 - with Gear 8 & Gear 12 on them.
    If I was to buy the pack, The impact of the pack would only be to get my heroes from like Gear 8/12 to Relic 3.
    Is it worth it?

I feel like it’s not that big of a deal.
    I feel like I have already done most of the leg work to get those hero’s.
    I could probably just save the 10$ bucks and Relic them to level 3 myself.

At the moment, I am thinking of skipping the pack.
    It’s not a bad pack!

It just happens to be a pack filled with heroes I have already been focusing on.
    What are other people thoughts on this issue?

———

The Finalizer Pack is very tricky!
    Again, I own all the characters, but I am missing 2 Ships.
    I don’t have Kylo Ren Shuttle or First Order TIE Fighter.

A lot of the gear on these characters I have are probably Gear 8.
    It’s like so amazing and terrifying at same time.

I don’t think it is a bad thing.
    It’s definitely a good thing.

I am still on the fence about this pack.
    I do think I am on the fence leaning more towards the buy the pack area, but I don’t know.

I got 3 days left to figure it out.
    I have been weighing out both sides of the situation.

If I buy the pack, I should have everything I need for GL Kylo Ren.
    I still need to get Finalizer.
    I still need to Relic 7 some key heroes, but most of the Shard Farming will be over.

The only downside is the game does a horrible job with their Capital Ship Events.
    It’s literally rage inducing.

It’s like 1 or 2 Battles to get Shards for a Capital Ship per month.
    I still haven’t got Raddus from the previous Light Speed Bundles.

The way they do the Capital Ship events is so stupid.
    You have Farm ships to get Raddus or Finalizer which takes months.

BUT BEFORE YOU CAN DO THAT
    You need 1 of your previous Beginner Capital Ships to be 7 Star.
    - Mace
    - Tarkin
    - Ackbar

It’s going to take months to get 1 of the Beginner C. Ships to be 7 Star.
    Than additional months to get Raddus or Finalizer unlocked + 5 Star.

I have been playing for 20 weeks which is 5 months and I still don’t have a Capital ship 7 stars.
    Any other game I played in my own life, the game would be over already.

Other games run on 3 to 6 month time frames.
    The season is over.

Players quit game and move on or proceed to a new season which last another 3 to 6 months.
    This is how gaming business is done.

I don’t know what the people in SWGOH are doing.
    It has taken me 20 weeks to get shards and I am only half way. LOL.

I still got another 20 weeks before I am able to get Mace, Tarkin, or Ackbar to 7 Star.
    Than I have to farm Raddus or Finalizer Shards just to meet the requirements for the GL.

I don’t know!
    I want to buy the pack, but all the above is lurking in the back of my mind.

Previously, when first Bundles came out, I was unaware of the above.
    I didn’t have the knowledge to know how these events operate.

After playing 20 weeks, I am starting to understand how the events function.
    The event Scheduling is utter trash and is nothing more than a Bottom neck.

The problem is I am buying the pack to save time to bypass the long grind which exist in these GL farms.
    The issue is the Scheduling isn’t operating under the same principle.

Players went from grinding shards for 6 months to buying them instantly.
    You would think that’s an amazing catch up mechanic.

Except those same players are now waiting 6 months due to events.
    Capital Ship events are such an unnecessary struggle.

———

Anyway, the last pack is the BAM pack.
    I think it’s overpriced.

I think the game has it at 20$ because it is part of the new hero Bo-Katan Journey Quest.
    I think the pack is overpriced.

Keep in mind, I have been working on these heroes the whole time.
    I have several of them 7 stars already.

Honestly, if the pack was at 10$, I think I would have bought it just to finish off my BAM.
    The extra 10$ they added on to this pack is highly suspicious to me.

20$ to get BAM?
    I just can’t do it.

It’s a hard No.
    The issue is most of the heroes you use to unlock BAM are not really used with BAM.

Maybe, 2 out of the 5 are used with BAM.
    The rest of the heroes used to unlock BAM go with other teams.

In addition, I have seen countless of players tell me unlocking BAM isn’t very hard.
    They recommend - 7 Stars - Level 85 - with a modest Gear 8 selection.
    The worse case scenario from what I have seen is like Gear 10.

I feel like the game was going to release the pack at 10$.
    Than last min jumped the price up to 20$ due to Bo-Katan.

It’s to much speculation for sure.
    It’s very interesting though.
    I just don’t know.