Proving grounds difference

Replies

• Options
    nfidel2k wrote: »
    It’s the weekend

I know it’s the weekend, but they rolled out an **** mechanic without testing it. They should be entitled to having the weekend, but acknowledgement of the issue would have had helped.

I don’t expect a hot fix immediately, but the fact the devs have not said a single thing shows that they don’t actively monitor the forums during new mechanics introductions and also do not play the game. If they played, they would know it’s broken.

A simple “we are aware of the issue and are looking into it…” takes less than two minutes. Not asking them to recode at 11pm on a Sunday
    Presaria wrote: »
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    I see another proving ground is in queue ..starts rught after this one finished.

Yes, that is the regular one. Hope they fix this mess fast.

They won’t. None of the devs have even acknowledged the problem. Then it takes them at least a day to fix it. So by the time they “fix it” proving grounds will be over.

I misread you then.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Options
    It’s the weekend

I know it’s the weekend, but they rolled out an **** mechanic without testing it. They should be entitled to having the weekend, but acknowledgement of the issue would have had helped.

I don’t expect a hot fix immediately, but the fact the devs have not said a single thing shows that they don’t actively monitor the forums during new mechanics introductions and also do not play the game. If they played, they would know it’s broken.

A simple “we are aware of the issue and are looking into it…” takes less than two minutes. Not asking them to recode at 11pm on a Sunday
    I see another proving ground is in queue ..starts rught after this one finished.

They won’t. None of the devs have even acknowledged the problem. Then it takes them at least a day to fix it. So by the time they “fix it” proving grounds will be over.

I misread you then.

To be fair, the weekend, or even a “break” from work typically comes with the notion that work was actually performed.

Suppose a construction worker turns up on site along with several others. He does nothing all day, but approaches the others talking about how excited he is for the weekend and to relax. The rest of the workers, covered in sweat, look at him annoyed. He’s excited for a break he hasn’t earned.

People deserve time off, sure, but in order to deserve time off, you’d need to professionally contribute something to humanity. You can’t earn PTO from a company until you work for that company, and that company shouldn’t really employ you unless you’re capable of actually doing the work.

As of late, does it really feel like the devs and “testers” are capable of actually doing the work?
  • Options
    Cynyc wrote: »
    It’s the weekend

I misread you then.

To be fair, the weekend, or even a “break” from work typically comes with the notion that work was actually performed.

Suppose a construction worker turns up on site along with several others. He does nothing all day, but approaches the others talking about how excited he is for the weekend and to relax. The rest of the workers, covered in sweat, look at him annoyed. He’s excited for a break he hasn’t earned.

People deserve time off, sure, but in order to deserve time off, you’d need to professionally contribute something to humanity. You can’t earn PTO from a company until you work for that company, and that company shouldn’t really employ you unless you’re capable of actually doing the work.

As of late, does it really feel like the devs and “testers” are capable of actually doing the work?

Weekends aren’t PTO? Not sure where you are going with this, other than to imply that you would run things differently - but you don’t run them, and it’s easy to make comments like this from the bleachers.

As for the rest, we have to disagree. Because the problem wasn’t visible until the weekend, so expecting a fix before people return to work is both unrealistic and unreasonable - regardless of anyone’s outside opinion on the quality of their work performance. And, unlike some of the other opinions expressed in the thread, I think CG does a pretty good job of correcting the problems and compensating if necessary. At least if they didn’t, I doubt the game would have remained this successful for just shy of 8 years now.

The real problem as I see it has to do with expectations. Expecting that CG can’t and should never make a mistake? A bit unreasonable, as everyone is human. Expecting the problem to be fixed on your schedule and at your convenience? Also unreasonable.

I understand the frustration, especially because money was spent and the event was beatable previously, but isn’t now. I agree it should be fixed, and because it affected real money purchases and that a make good should be granted. But those things take time, and demanding it faster doesn’t make it go faster.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Cynyc
    271 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    It’s the weekend

I misread you then.

Weekends aren’t PTO? Not sure where you are going with this, other than to imply that you would run things differently - but you don’t run them, and it’s easy to make comments like this from the bleachers.

As for the rest, we have to disagree. Because the problem wasn’t visible until the weekend, so expecting a fix before people return to work is both unrealistic and unreasonable - regardless of anyone’s outside opinion on the quality of their work performance. And, unlike some of the other opinions expressed in the thread, I think CG does a pretty good job of correcting the problems and compensating if necessary. At least if they didn’t, I doubt the game would have remained this successful for just shy of 8 years now.

The real problem as I see it has to do with expectations. Expecting that CG can’t and should never make a mistake? A bit unreasonable, as everyone is human. Expecting the problem to be fixed on your schedule and at your convenience? Also unreasonable.

I understand the frustration, especially because money was spent and the event was beatable previously, but isn’t now. I agree it should be fixed, and because it affected real money purchases and that a make good should be granted. But those things take time, and demanding it faster doesn’t make it go faster.

I didn’t imply weekends are PTO, but within the framing of my argument, they’re very similar. They’re both time off from work, or a rest period. To earn rest, as I would argue, one would have to successfully complete work. I’m not sure I could’ve explained that any clearer than I already did.

I’m not talking about how I’d run things. I’m talking about my perception as a player. I’m not sure where you’re getting some of these inferences.

Ok, but proving grounds are a fixed amount of time. I didn’t buy the conquest pass so idk how much time these players have to the bonus proving grounds, but if, hypothetically, the 24 hour standard proving grounds started on a Saturday but it came out utterly broken, you better believe I, as the consumer, expect a quick resolution and/or to extend the time I have to complete the Proving Grounds. Idc if it’s the weekend. I expect proving grounds to be delivered in a completed state. If I only have the weekend to complete a broken thing, then the employees only have a weekend to fix it.

That’s the job these people signed up for. I don’t work in a career that requires me to answer the phone on the weekends and I did this by design. I also keep my work competent and professional during the time I put in so I don’t expect weekend disturbances.

It’s one thing to make a minor mistake. It’s another thing to botch conquest for 2-3 days upon release, not properly compensate the playerbase for doing so, and then to take $30 from them in a conquest + pass whose primary appeal (an additional round of proving grounds) is also broken.

If the last two weeks of conquest haven’t opened your eyes, idk what will. This is beyond unacceptable.
  • Options
    It’s the weekend

I misread you then.

I didn’t imply weekends are PTO, but within the framing of my argument, they’re very similar. They’re both time off from work, or a rest period. To earn rest, as I would argue, one would have to successfully complete work. I’m not sure I could’ve explained that any clearer than I already did.

I’m not talking about how I’d run things. I’m talking about my perception as a player. I’m not sure where you’re getting some of these inferences.

Ok, but proving grounds are a fixed amount of time. I didn’t buy the conquest pass so idk how much time these players have to the bonus proving grounds, but if, hypothetically, the 24 hour standard proving grounds started on a Saturday but it came out utterly broken, you better believe I, as the consumer, expect a quick resolution and/or to extend the time I have to complete the Proving Grounds. Idc if it’s the weekend. I expect proving grounds to be delivered in a completed state. If I only have the weekend to complete a broken thing, then the employees only have a weekend to fix it.

That’s the job these people signed up for. I don’t work in a career that requires me to answer the phone on the weekends and I did this by design. I also keep my work competent and professional during the time I put in so I don’t expect weekend disturbances.

It’s one thing to make a minor mistake. It’s another thing to botch conquest for 2-3 days upon release, not properly compensate the playerbase for doing so, and then to take $30 from them in a conquest + pass whose primary appeal (an additional round of proving grounds) is also broken.

If the last two weeks of conquest haven’t opened your eyes, idk what will. This is beyond unacceptable.

Well then we disagree. Because I would want it fixed as well, but I would realize and accept that sometimes means waiting for the solution. That’s the reason we have things like compensation.

And, if they signed up for a job requiring them to work on the weekend, I’m pretty sure they would be working on the weekend. Since they aren’t, that must not be what they signed up for, so your assumption here is incorrect.

And it sounds again like you are making assumptions based on incomplete knowledge. It’s easy to think of CG as a single entity because it is a company, but that doesn’t mean the mistakes are made by a single person, let alone the same person. Casting blame when you don’t know exactly what happened is unwise. Perfectly normal to get upset, even to vent, but when you try to start discussing how you think it works (which is where I got the “if you run things” part), you should first have a lot more information than we have access to. Because it’s easy to leap to conclusions with incomplete information.

As I said above, I do agree that the situation involving people spending real money in advance to access an event that was changed without communication is a problem, and, if true, deserves a make-good.

Lastly, it sounds like you are still frustrated by conquest. That’s a different thread though.
  • Cynyc
    271 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    It’s the weekend

I misread you then.

Well then we disagree. Because I would want it fixed as well, but I would realize and accept that sometimes means waiting for the solution. That’s the reason we have things like compensation.

And, if they signed up for a job requiring them to work on the weekend, I’m pretty sure they would be working on the weekend. Since they aren’t, that must not be what they signed up for, so your assumption here is incorrect.

And it sounds again like you are making assumptions based on incomplete knowledge. It’s easy to think of CG as a single entity because it is a company, but that doesn’t mean the mistakes are made by a single person, let alone the same person. Casting blame when you don’t know exactly what happened is unwise. Perfectly normal to get upset, even to vent, but when you try to start discussing how you think it works (which is where I got the “if you run things” part), you should first have a lot more information than we have access to. Because it’s easy to leap to conclusions with incomplete information.

As I said above, I do agree that the situation involving people spending real money in advance to access an event that was changed without communication is a problem, and, if true, deserves a make-good.

Lastly, it sounds like you are still frustrated by conquest. That’s a different thread though.

If someone spends $30 for a product that is released on the weekend, and the product is broken, the consumer deserves any/all of the above:

1) refund
    2) a repaired product at full value
    3) a suitable make-good

Pokémon go has community days on one Saturday of the month. If the devs don’t work that day, but for whatever reason, the product breaks, there will be many, many upset customers. So, the employees have two choices:

1) deliver the product ready to go before the weekend begins or
    2) be around to correct it because you know the product you’ve delivered isn’t ready

Of course, a third option exists, which is to do nothing but still take the customers’ money. All I’m saying is when this third option is taken, the consumer is going to be justifiably angry. People here are justifiably angry, while you’re saying “they deserve a break and time to fix it”. This is incorrect. We are the consumer. We deserve a completed product, end of story. The business deserves nothing if the product or service it provides is poor or incomplete. Again, very simple.

I’m not sure why you keep mentioning information, or access to it. We don’t need any kind of information. We need the product to work as advertised. When it doesn’t, we are upset. “Why” it’s not working as advertised is the “information” you’re referring to, but we don’t need the “why”. I see this as irrelevant.
  • Options
    It’s the weekend

I misread you then.

If someone spends $30 for a product that is released on the weekend, and the product is broken, the consumer deserves any/all of the above:

1) refund
    2) a repaired product at full value
    3) a suitable make-good
    Agreed.
    Pokémon go has community days on one Saturday of the month. If the devs don’t work that day, but for whatever reason, the product breaks, there will be many, many upset customers. So, the employees have two choices:

1) deliver the product ready to go before the weekend begins or
    2) be around to correct it because you know the product you’ve delivered isn’t ready

Of course, a third option exists, which is to do nothing but still take the customers’ money. All I’m saying is when this third option is taken, the consumer is going to be justifiably angry. People here are justifiably angry, while you’re saying “they deserve a break and time to fix it”. This is incorrect. We are the consumer. We deserve a completed product, end of story. The business deserves nothing if the product or service it provides is poor or incomplete. Again, very simple.
    You are conveniently ignoring the fourth option, which is to correct the issue once business reopens and then resolve the inconvenience. Which is CG’s pattern, by the way.
    I’m not sure why you keep mentioning information, or access to it. We don’t need any kind of information. We need the product to work as advertised. When it doesn’t, we are upset. “Why” it’s not working as advertised is the “information” you’re referring to, but we don’t need the “why”. I see this as irrelevant.
    Because being upset in this situation is natural. Drawing conclusions or recommending action to be taken is still speculation however. And you should wait to see how CG actually does respond before complaining about the response, which was part of the point of my original post in this thread.

• Cynyc
    271 posts Member
    Options
    I didn’t forget the fourth option? It’s the third option that I listed. “Do nothing”. Naturally, eventually the business will have to do something. But in context, I was referring to doing nothing during the time when something needs to be done. In this case, doing nothing on Saturday or Sunday even though this is when the proving grounds became available and this is when people would be accessing for the first time the thing they purchased.

If employees don’t want to work over the weekend, don’t make stuff accessible on the weekend imo.

Could easily have just had the proving grounds bonus event begin today, no?
  • Options
    I didn’t forget the fourth option? It’s the third option that I listed. “Do nothing”. Naturally, eventually the business will have to do something. But in context, I was referring to doing nothing during the time when something needs to be done. In this case, doing nothing on Saturday or Sunday even though this is when the proving grounds became available and this is when people would be accessing for the first time the thing they purchased.

There is a difference between “doing nothing”, and not being available to “do something” until later. As in a customer attempting to return a product only to find out the store is closed for the rest of the day. Your rationale would require every store that sells anything to be open 24 hours a day just to handle customer problems. It is entirely reasonable however to expect the customer to wait until business reopens, then address the problem and the inconvenience. This is not “doing nothing.”
    If employees don’t want to work over the weekend, don’t make stuff accessible on the weekend imo.

That’s your opinion, however once again you don’t run things. I’m sure there are valid reasons for releasing events on the weekends, but that would be some of the “information” you claim is irrelevant.
  • Options
    If CG would stop screwing up over and over again, they could have nice happy weekends. No sure why they do this to themselves unless it is 1. On purpose, 2. They don’t care, or 3. They are just truly incompetent.
  • Cynyc
    271 posts Member
    Options

There is a difference between “doing nothing”, and not being available to “do something” until later. As in a customer attempting to return a product only to find out the store is closed for the rest of the day. Your rationale would require every store that sells anything to be open 24 hours a day just to handle customer problems. It is entirely reasonable however to expect the customer to wait until business reopens, then address the problem and the inconvenience. This is not “doing nothing.”

That’s your opinion, however once again you don’t run things. I’m sure there are valid reasons for releasing events on the weekends, but that would be some of the “information” you claim is irrelevant.

The information is entirely irrelevant.

What’s relevant is:

1) Is CG delivering upon the things they’re selling to people?

The answer is an emphatic “no”. Anything beyond that is added discussion, really.
  • Options
    SLKR beat it every time too. Feel bad for anyone who bought Conquest+ pass. Really screwing those people over.

This won't be fixed today, so anyone attempting should get CAT shards minimum in the mail. :s
  • Options
    It’s the weekend

They control the timings, not us.
  • Cynyc
    271 posts Member
    Options
    Spend $30 for:

1) Saving about a year’s worth of time/mats by buying 3x light speed bundles

2) nominal conquest perks, access to a broken event in which you maybe earn some character shards.

Sorry to anyone who chose option 2
  • Options
    If CG would stop screwing up over and over again, they could have nice happy weekends. No sure why they do this to themselves unless it is 1. On purpose, 2. They don’t care, or 3. They are just truly incompetent.

They truly do not care. It is super evident they don’t test, or even play the game. Conquest roll out was ****, and it took them a while to acknowledge it. Proving grounds is flat out broken, still no comment. If they played they would have identified the issue almost immediately.

What’re they gonna do? Probably just push some more bundles and act like that’s an actual apology. It’s a joke they would do that and it’s a slap in the face when they give clone wars chewbaca shards.

CG EA only cares about money. I understand a company needs to make money, but such blatant disregard for the consumer base and their actual product is a gut punch.

I have been playing for close to two years now, and have spent a good amount of money, and I really feel like just giving up.
  • Options
    Spend $30 for:

2) nominal conquest perks, access to a broken event in which you maybe earn some character shards.

The only reason the first option works is because there was no playability to it. You only got characters and ships.

But for the last few big updates that included gameplay, they have been broken. New raid was broken, the rewards were awful. Conquest was broken, they increased the difficulty significantly without testing. Proving grounds is broken, CAT is nearly impossible.
  • Cynyc
    271 posts Member
    Options
    Spend $30 for:

The only reason the first option works is because there was no playability to it. You only got characters and ships.

But for the last few big updates that included gameplay, they have been broken. New raid was broken, the rewards were awful. Conquest was broken, they increased the difficulty significantly without testing. Proving grounds is broken, CAT is nearly impossible.

I think that (gameplay issues) and just the concept of how wide the spectrum is in this game in terms of value per dollar pretty much perfectly capture my attitude haha
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    393 posts EA Community Manager
    Options
    I'll reach out to the team this morning
  • Options
    I'll reach out to the team this morning

Thanks for looking into it Meat! Can we please get an answer either way? And as of my comment there's only 1 hour left in the event people would have paid to access via the Conquest Pass +
    Let's hope they get a proper experience...
  • Options
    I would remind everyone that when the TIE Interceptor tier first entered proving grounds, it was also overtuned to hell. What did CG do? They made changes to it (debatable whether they were actually helpful) and ran proving grounds again for a second day for everyone (this was before conquest pass+ offered a bonus proving grounds day), including those who already had 7* Interceptor. Have a little faith.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Ultra
    11553 posts Moderator
    Options
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead

I am going to request a refund for the conquest pass. I got it specifically to be able to do another round of proving grounds, but now I can’t even beat one proving grounds level.

They are setting such a level gap between people 10mil go and below. It is disgusting because they’re absolutely just gonna sale another bundle so we can actually beat proving grounds, even though we were previously
    A better and more fair solution than refund would be to send everyone that purchased the CP with 20 or 40 CAT shards imo
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead

I am going to request a refund for the conquest pass. I got it specifically to be able to do another round of proving grounds, but now I can’t even beat one proving grounds level.

They are setting such a level gap between people 10mil go and below. It is disgusting because they’re absolutely just gonna sale another bundle so we can actually beat proving grounds, even though we were previously
    A better and more fair solution than refund would be to send everyone that purchased the CP with 20 or 40 CAT shards imo

Sure is an easy solution. And not like it would "cost" anything that wasn't already supposed to be given...
  • Options
    Really, between the change in these fights, *and* the fact that previous unlocks disappear because they treat this as a different event, I want my 60 shards.

I paid $30 for 60 shards (20 CAT, 20 Maul, 20 Boba) because those three events are 3* for me from last month and they never tell us that this is a different event. Then they go and make the event different not only in counting whether or not you can sim, but there is no way these are programmed the same way (unless they changed them all from last month).

I want my 60 shards, or I want my $30.
    Recruiter - Jensaarai Heros - Join us on Discord - https://discord.gg/tfvTKZxFW4
  • Options
    Zeppo wrote: »
    Really, between the change in these fights, *and* the fact that previous unlocks disappear because they treat this as a different event, I want my 60 shards.

I paid $30 for 60 shards (20 CAT, 20 Maul, 20 Boba) because those three events are 3* for me from last month and they never tell us that this is a different event. Then they go and make the event different not only in counting whether or not you can sim, but there is no way these are programmed the same way (unless they changed them all from last month).

You will take your 3 clone wars chewbaca shards and you will like it
  • Options

You will take your 3 clone wars chewbaca shards and you will like it

Lol, getting those clone wars chewbacca shards felt like we were getting trolled. I laughed my @$$ off!
  • Options
    I am having the same issue
  • Options
    Easy with these
  • Options
    Super easy
  • Options
    vim4o6j9suaw.png
  • Options

I've only bought the conquest plus once...two cycles ago I think...but I was able to sim everything when I did it because I had them all 3* already. It's wild that got changed