Proving grounds difference

Prev1345
I did proving grounds last time it was around. I was able to get ahsoka, maul, and daddy fett shards without too much trouble, but now they’re all just rocking me

Replies

• Options
    Yes, they increased the difficulty yet again. This is the punishment that CG dished out last go around when they took away our successful three start sims. Now seems not possible at all. That CAT shards are nuts because it looks like they applied the new Imperial Super Commando buff to the instance. My JKL/JMLS gets wrecked without damaging anyone. CLS doesn't work like it used to either.

This is insane. Why is CG making the most miserable game mode even worse?

A dev response on why they do this time after time would be nice.
  • Options
    I thought it was just me… not only did I lose the SIM ability but I am getting absolutely rocked.
  • Options
    Since they buffed the commandos it’s spilt over to the CAT proving ground and they just WRECK everything I throw at them. I had zero issues 3 starring the event before. Now I can’t even come close to beating it.
  • Options
    What the hell were they thinking with this garbage. Increasing difficulty on Conquest already made it lose the last amount of fun.
    Now they make proving grounds so ridiculous, it's maddening.
    Dumpster fire doesn't begin to describe this company. Fix your game, fix your broken animations, and pull your heads out of your ****.
  • Options
    I can't beat a single one with R5 teams so any advise would be nice, I also didn't get nearly as far as usual in conquest this time either feel like the pass money isn't getting spent by me anymore since it's now proven they will change stuff without warning
  • Options
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead

I am going to request a refund for the conquest pass. I got it specifically to be able to do another round of proving grounds, but now I can’t even beat one proving grounds level.

They are setting such a level gap between people 10mil go and below. It is disgusting because they’re absolutely just gonna sale another bundle so we can actually beat proving grounds, even though we were previously
  • Options
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead

I am going to request a refund for the conquest pass. I got it specifically to be able to do another round of proving grounds, but now I can’t even beat one proving grounds level.

They are setting such a level gap between people 10mil go and below. It is disgusting because they’re absolutely just gonna sale another bundle so we can actually beat proving grounds, even though we were previously

I was having the same thought actually. I had three (CAT, Maul, Boba) all at three stars, and paid them $30.00 for the right to pick up more shards for those toons. Instead I find out it's a separate event, and that none of them are the same as the other ones. Just getting destroyed by them changing things all the darn time.

I too believe that a refund is due when they pull this stuff.

Recruiter - Jensaarai Heros - Join us on Discord - https://discord.gg/tfvTKZxFW4
  • Options
    Yeah this is ridiculous i can’t even do anything in these battles.
  • Options
    i managed to get Maul/RC/Ben/Scythe shards using SLKR, took a lot of time on restarts and failures to get rng decent, but the fact it took a 561 GL with R5-R7 chars so many tries sucks, the way the game is going there will be no new players, i will definitely not recommend this game.
  • Options
    i managed to get Maul/RC/Ben/Scythe shards using SLKR, took a lot of time on restarts and failures to get rng decent, but the fact it took a 561 GL with R5-R7 chars so many tries sucks, the way the game is going there will be no new players, i will definitely not recommend this game.

So far I have only heard people having success with GL. I’m at 5mil Gp, (4.2 without the light speed bundles), and I don’t have a GL. I’m close to being able to get JMK and I wanted ahsoka, now I feel like it will be a year before I get CAT
  • Options

So far I have only heard people having success with GL. I’m at 5mil Gp, (4.2 without the light speed bundles), and I don’t have a GL. I’m close to being able to get JMK and I wanted ahsoka, now I feel like it will be a year before I get CAT

probably longer the way CG is going. on the last one i was able to do all but Malgus, now i am hard stuck on only 1 thats even worth anything at this moment, i also wanted to start working on CAT, but i guess not.
  • Options

I can tell you JML isn’t the GL for CAT. As I got him and get owned in that event.
  • Options
    This is another example of CG's strategy for players: "Shut up and spend money."

But even when you spend money, that's not a guarantee you'll get what you pay for.
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    This is another example of CG's strategy for players: "Shut up and spend money."

But even when you spend money, that's not a guarantee you'll get what you pay for.

this makes me want to spend less money to be fair.
  • Options
    I mirror these same sentiments in the comments. This is my first time buying the Conquest+ Pass since finding out that there's an extra day of Proving Grounds tied to them. So, I had looked forward to getting Ben Solo and CAT by next month. Well, Ben I might. CAT? The event has become impossible for me since the ISC rework is in play. My 110K HP GK doesn't even last the opening onslaught, much less any of my other units. So much for high relics, am I right? Also, doesn't seem any of my previously earned stars for the events from the non-Conquest+ Pass Proving Grounds are there. So, I can't sim the ones I've already gotten 3 stars on from last month, i.e., the CAT event. I assume this is either a bug or because it's defined as a "separate" event. Either way, wish that was clearly laid out if true. I guess until CG actually starts testing their game, then it looks like I won't be spending money on it any longer.
  • Options
    I paid 30$ to get the Proving Grounds Pass+ event because I want to get CAT but... my SLKR R8, Hux R5, KRU R7, FOST R5 and ST R5 (every zeta, good mods) all got wrecked in 3 turns and I could not even use SLKR ultimate... It is insane!!
  • Options
    On the good news side, of which there is very little, I 3 starred the scythe with CLS. Shards I don't care about and will never use. Just posting in case someone else can use the info. CAT is what I really need - only 50 shards to go. Slap in the face to have CG pull this garbage now.
  • Options
    Presaria wrote: »
    On the good news side, of which there is very little, I 3 starred the scythe with CLS. Shards I don't care about and will never use. Just posting in case someone else can use the info. CAT is what I really need - only 50 shards to go. Slap in the face to have CG pull this garbage now.

If you posted that on Reddit, I saw it, and definitely gave it a try. I absolutely do not care about the scythe, but it was nice I got one thing done

• Options
    Directly affecting Conquest Pass purchases, yet again.

Needs fixed ASAP or refunds given.

The QA testing incompetence getting kinda tiring really. :s
  • Options
    Shmoopyz wrote: »
    Directly affecting Conquest Pass purchases, yet again.

Needs fixed ASAP or refunds given.

The QA testing incompetence getting kinda tiring really. :s

I requested a refund through the in game app. I doubt they’ll issue a refund. They will probably give us 3 clone wars chewbaca shards as an apology

No one from the dev team has posted about an issue so it’s obvious they do not test or even play the game
  • Options
    I’m pretty upset about this change. I want a refund or free shards or something. I purchased the conquest pass because I would’ve had CAT this week without these changes. I easily got through the battle with SLKR before and now I get wiped with everything I try.
  • Options
    I see another proving ground is in queue ..starts rught after this one finished.
  • Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    I see another proving ground is in queue ..starts rught after this one finished.

Yes, that is the regular one. Hope they fix this mess fast.
  • Options
    Presaria wrote: »
    Phoenixeon wrote: »

Yes, that is the regular one. Hope they fix this mess fast.

They won’t. None of the devs have even acknowledged the problem. Then it takes them at least a day to fix it. So by the time they “fix it” proving grounds will be over.
  • Options
    Shouldn't be hard to fix.

Just give everyone who participated shards and people who bought the pass two sets of shards.
  • Options

Just give everyone who participated shards and people who bought the pass two sets of shards.

They absolutely won’t. Every time something has gone wrong it’s been clone wars chewbaca shards and maybe some crystals. I never expect CG to do the right thing, because they never have done the right thing to fix their mistakes
  • Options

They absolutely won’t. Every time something has gone wrong it’s been clone wars chewbaca shards and maybe some crystals. I never expect CG to do the right thing, because they never have done the right thing to fix their mistakes

Agreed! There was no acknowledgement for the problem either, let alone the proper compensation.
  • Options
    It’s the weekend
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Options
    nfidel2k wrote: »
    It’s the weekend

I know it’s the weekend, but they rolled out an **** mechanic without testing it. They should be entitled to having the weekend, but acknowledgement of the issue would have had helped.

I don’t expect a hot fix immediately, but the fact the devs have not said a single thing shows that they don’t actively monitor the forums during new mechanics introductions and also do not play the game. If they played, they would know it’s broken.

A simple “we are aware of the issue and are looking into it…” takes less than two minutes. Not asking them to recode at 11pm on a Sunday
  • KayoKente
    1 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    I bought the conquest pass+ specifically to get more CAT shards but I went to try and complete the challenge and realized that the Super Commando rework totally f'd it. I was previously able to to beat the challenge with both my GAS and Padme teams (getting 1 or 2 stars) but now I take one turn and then my whole team is obliterated.

Check out these youtube videos for reference:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb8NE2WfCkA (Pre rework)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrbXAV3Lle4 (Post rework)

**I really hope we get some sort of refund or they give us the opportunity to complete the challenge again after they fix it. CG..... FIX YOUR GAME!!!
    Post edited by KayoKente on