Proving grounds difference

Replies

• Options
    Again the mid game and early game players getting punished by CG because.. they wanted to release some lightspeed bundles so they have to dial back possible progress in Conquest/PG. CAT is a shame though, it's obvious while they were increasing all the difficulties they forgot how OP the ISC rework was. That was the one character I was looking forward to working on since I just crossed 4M. Oh well at least I don't need to pick up JMK again after I get this SLKR out of the way. Time for a new plan since every other day CG finds a way to make grinding for older characters and/or key pieces to their team harder and harder.
  • Options
    nfidel2k wrote: »
    ... you claim is irrelevant.

I agree with pretty much everything you say, except that given the importance of conquest characters, the fact that people are paying 30 quid for the bonus proving grounds, and the time taken to farm characters through them, they should either have staff on duty to handle issues, or run it the day after the general run, not the day before.
  • Options
    Spent all my M3 tokens on CAT shards and 2 star’d the event every time….this was going to the PG’s I finally unlocked CAT, I’m 12 shards short and can’t beat this. Eat a **** CG.
  • Options
    Poshboy79 wrote: »
    ... you claim is irrelevant.

I agree with pretty much everything you say, except that given the importance of conquest characters, the fact that people are paying 30 quid for the bonus proving grounds, and the time taken to farm characters through them, they should either have staff on duty to handle issues, or run it the day after the general run, not the day before.

I agree that would be better, but unfortunately that doesn’t help the issue this past run. But it would be wiser to anticipate having to handle problems on a pay-for event in the future.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    393 posts EA Community Manager
    Options
    Hello Holotable Heroes,

I hope this helps clear some things up.

There is Proving Grounds A and Proving Grounds B events.

If you 3* something in Proving Grounds A event, the 3* will carry over to ONLY Proving Grounds A event

If you 3* something in Proving Grounds B event, the 3* will carry over to ONLY Proving Grounds B event

The one that runs while the Conquest is going is B (Only accessible with Pass+). The one that starts after conquest ends is A.

In regards to the difficulty: This feedback has been passed along to the team
  • Options
    Whoa
  • Options
    You will take your 3 clone wars chewbaca shards and you will like it

Lol, getting those clone wars chewbacca shards felt like we were getting trolled. I laughed my @$$ off!

You were supposed to laugh. It's an in-joke for people who have been playing the game a long time. I can't remember exactly how long ago, but WAY early in the game throwing in some CWC shards was pretty common as a part of make-goods. Later they threw in 3 in some bonuses/freebies (like anniversary gifts, etc.). I don't know if the first time they did that it was intended as a joke or not, but Imagine getting an anniversary gift of 50 Stun Guns, 10 of each Kyro, a million credits, 2 omicrons, and 3 CWC shards. One of those is obviously not like the others. The community noticed it. Some people yelled about it, other people pointed out that it's free stuff, why stress that you got something free you didn't need. And, of course, some people just laughed.

Eventually that third group grew larger. Now I demand my CWC shards in any make-good b/c it's a fun tradition, and they could give everyone 330 shards of CWC when they sign up for the game and it wouldn't hurt game balance a bit. CWC isn't useful except for "Gain DefUP 100 times" feats and the Wookie mission in RotE. If you're doing hard conquest, you've got 7* CWC. If you're doing r7-required Kashyyk, you've got 7* CWC.

So... as I said, CWC is largely irrelevant, and 3 shards of a toon you already have aren't worth enough Shard Shop currency to affect the game.

You can call it a troll if you like. Lots of us just smile and laugh. It's like a bad joke told by one of your friends in 8th grade, but the more you tell it, the funnier it gets, then right about the time it stops being funny again, high school is over and you go years without hearing it, then you get together at the reunion and someone tells the same joke and all of a sudden you're all laughing again.

To me that's not trolling, but hey. At least you laughed. And now you're in the know on one of the older traditions in SWGOH.
  • Options
    Hello Holotable Heroes,

If you 3* something in Proving Grounds A event, the 3* will carry over to ONLY Proving Grounds A event

If you 3* something in Proving Grounds B event, the 3* will carry over to ONLY Proving Grounds B event

The one that runs while the Conquest is going is B (Only accessible with Pass+). The one that starts after conquest ends is A.

@CG_Tusken_Meathead i think everyone appreciates the rapid feedback. This issue hasn’t affected me personally, but reading the comments it seems like a lot of frustration was over the timing of the event. Given the strength of feeling, and without changing the organisation of conquest and regular PG, would it be more beneficial for the conquest+ PG to be the day after, rather than the day before? That way it would start during the working week rather than the weekend and might allow for a faster turn-around in potential issues as they arise. Just a thought, don’t know if it would be feasible.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    I completely understand you are not a dev, or the marketing department, or in charge of EA. :) I think being a Community Manager is about the most terrible and thankless job that you can do from home, so I'm going to try to be really nice here.

It sounds like you're saying "Working as intended" and "too bad" here, which is a terrible answer, and a terrible user experience.

I paid for a thing because I was told certain things about the thing I was paying for.

Much of the information I was given was wrong about this thing, and some other things CHANGED between the time I paid for the thing, and the thing became useful.

The information you are giving us right now should be advertised BEFORE someone gives the company $30.00, and we're not close to hearing anything about how this will be made correct for those of us who (frankly) were robbed here, and I mean it. I was stolen from in this case.
    Hello Holotable Heroes,

Recruiter - Jensaarai Heros - Join us on Discord - https://discord.gg/tfvTKZxFW4
  • Cynyc
    271 posts Member
    Options
    Hello Holotable Heroes,

I understand it’s WAI. What I don’t understand is why, of all the possible ideas, it was implemented this way.

Like just make the pass double up rewards from event A? Or just give players the shards they’re paying for?

It almost feels intentional that this wasn’t communicated before prompting the player base for money.
  • Options
    Been playing this game for roughly 3 years at this point, and lately it has been totally unplayable.
  • scuba
    14110 posts Member
    Options
    Been playing this game for roughly 3 years at this point, and lately it has been totally unplayable.

We must be playing a different game. My has been playable for the majority of the 7+ years I have had it, couple of blips where I couldn't log in for some time, mins or hours maybe.
    Yes Proving Grounds is unplayable because CG locked me out of it.
  • Options
    probably feels terrible if you were supposed to unlock CAT this time but can’t anymore. however, i think it’s cool seeing the community come together to find solutions every time the difficulty gets ramped up.
  • Options
    Bait, switch, ditch it to the comm mgr to smooth out, bad call CG.
    Dred Zeppelin aka DrZeppersTTV Come visit DrZeppers on twitch
  • Options
    I have to agree. Especially in the case of the CAT shards. Imperial super commandos are crushing my GL’s left, right, and center. It feels like the game has been really fun lately but at the same time there has been more bugs than usual. And up until today, CG’s been pretty quick to acknowledge it but no word on this yet. Help us @CG_Tusken_Meathead you’re our only hope.
  • Options
    Cynyc wrote: »
    It’s the weekend

I know it’s the weekend, but they rolled out an **** mechanic without testing it. They should be entitled to having the weekend, but acknowledgement of the issue would have had helped.

I don’t expect a hot fix immediately, but the fact the devs have not said a single thing shows that they don’t actively monitor the forums during new mechanics introductions and also do not play the game. If they played, they would know it’s broken.

A simple “we are aware of the issue and are looking into it…” takes less than two minutes. Not asking them to recode at 11pm on a Sunday
    Presaria wrote: »
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    I see another proving ground is in queue ..starts rught after this one finished.

Yes, that is the regular one. Hope they fix this mess fast.

They won’t. None of the devs have even acknowledged the problem. Then it takes them at least a day to fix it. So by the time they “fix it” proving grounds will be over.

I misread you then.

To be fair, the weekend, or even a “break” from work typically comes with the notion that work was actually performed.

Suppose a construction worker turns up on site along with several others. He does nothing all day, but approaches the others talking about how excited he is for the weekend and to relax. The rest of the workers, covered in sweat, look at him annoyed. He’s excited for a break he hasn’t earned.

People deserve time off, sure, but in order to deserve time off, you’d need to professionally contribute something to humanity. You can’t earn PTO from a company until you work for that company, and that company shouldn’t really employ you unless you’re capable of actually doing the work.

As of late, does it really feel like the devs and “testers” are capable of actually doing the work?

What have you contiributed to the construction site?
    "The Empire won't stop until we make them " - Cpt. Drogan, Bitter Pill Company
  • Options
    So that Conquest Pass deal only effects one of the Proving Grounds? A or B?
  • Options
    I just want to point out, in the past when there have been issues, CG has made a post saying they’re looking into the issue. Proving grounds plus is over and regular proving grounds is rapidly coming to a close.

So far CG has made no statement that they’re looking into the issue, only that meathead is informing the team. Informing and looking into the issue are vastly different.
  • Dobbz
    38 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    The extra Proving Grounds (the one that comes with conquest + pass) also does not share the same stars as the regular Proving grounds. As somebody who also brought the pass just for the extra shards(cat mainly) I got totally screwed over by this change because I don't have traya or malak at relics yet.

4drqjj1rrtkc.jpg
    0yqt74pahn9z.jpg
    Post edited by Dobbz on
  • Options
    I had no problem finishing this CAT node before. However, starting this round of Proving Ground, even my best GL team got wipped out by in the CAT node. ****?
  • Options
    Yes, everyone does. Struggle as in, not possible. Multiple posts on it already.
  • Options
    I just reached 4m during conquest, and I almost bought the pass because I felt confident watching YouTube videos on it. I'm glad I didn't especially now knowing the 3 star Sims aren't shared. CAT was one I wanted the most and there's no chance I can get it with rework.

I at least 3 starred scythe, razorcrest (over 10 tries), and boba with my CLS.
  • Options
    Been commented on by meathead https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2444998#Comment_2444998

Also some teams to use for the cat event:
    Jkl(base speed) hoda(350 speed) slkr kru Hux
    JKL, jkr, hoda, gas, slkr.
    JKL, JML, GAS, HODA, JKR
    SEE(non ult), Malak, DR, BSF, Savage
    Padme, JMK, GK, JKA, Snips
    SEE, SET, VADER, TALON, Malak
    JML, JKL, JKR, DR, Malak (3 star)
    GAS, JMK, 5s, Rex, JKR (mark and kill maul first)
    GAS, 5S, Snips, JKA, wat
    Kru, slkr, St, hux, foo
    Jaba team
  • Options
    Accounts who dont need the character are locked out of the event to prevent shard gains. Accounts who need the characters are difficulty locked to prevent shard gains. Clearly working as intended.

In all seriousness, I have no no clue on the difficulty as is can't play it. But the whole point of proving grounds is to be a catch-up event, so it seems counterintuitive to have a high difficulty bar.

• Options
    It absolutely is!!! Literally just made an account to express how impossible the conquest event got because I used to r3 padme team CAT 2 stars and managed to also do Boba scion with that team on first ever attempt at 4 million. NOW I CANT BEAT EITHER ONE WITH A now upgradedR5 PADME TEAM NOW. This event is so important for newish mid game people and we all look forward to it especially with how important cat is. NOW I HAVE NO IDEA HOW ILL BEAT IT...MAYBE AT R9??!!!

I WOULD RATHER GIVE UP THE LIGHTSPEED BUNDLES IF IT MEANT PROVING GROUNDS STILL WORKED FOR CAT. IM SERIOUS
  • Options
    It absolutely is!!! Literally just made an account to express how impossible the conquest event got because I used to r3 padme team CAT 2 stars and managed to also do Boba scion with that team on first ever attempt at 4 million. NOW I CANT BEAT EITHER ONE WITH A now upgradedR5 PADME TEAM NOW. This event is so important for newish mid game people and we all look forward to it especially with how important cat is. NOW I HAVE NO IDEA HOW ILL BEAT IT...MAYBE AT R9??!!!

I WOULD RATHER GIVE UP THE LIGHTSPEED BUNDLES IF IT MEANT PROVING GROUNDS STILL WORKED FOR CAT. IM SERIOUS

I get you're angry/frustrated, I am aswell but the event is not impossible. There are other teams that can beat the event, more being found out as people are throwing other teams at it to see if it works.

Yes the cat event is harder but you also didn't build the right team to beat it. Sith trio and malak could beat it previously and can still beat it. No idea on the boba as I had no issues previously and still have no issues with it. When I first had access to proving grounds I couldn't do tie interceptor event, so I farmed the missing characters for the team needed to beat it and by the time next PG came around I beat and 3 starred it. Yes this pushed back my other teams I was farming but I prioritised the team I needed. After this PG I will be shifting my farm so i can get relics on my malak and sith trio.
  • Options
    I was able to do it with R7 SEE,R7 revan,R3 malgus,R3 geo alpha,R3 nihilus but nihilus and malgus died pretty quickly, I think debuffs amd turn meter is the key.