Replies

• Options
    PlayerJ wrote: »
    On Auto, the A.I Computer likes doing the following:

- KR - AOE
    - KRU - Stun/Taunt
    - Hux - Grant Ally Turn which seems to be random
    - Sith Trooper -
    If team doesn’t have Advantage, the AI does Resurgent to put Advantage on team.
    If team does have Advantage prior to his turn, the AI does Vengeant which is AOE.
    - FOO - Pinning Shot which does nothing
    - FO Stormtrooper - TM + Taunt
    - Captian P. - TM + Advantage
    - FOSFTP - AOE + Def Down
    The AI sometimes does smart things, sometimes does dumb things.

/thread. And hopefully /future AI query threads.
  • Options
    I want my Cleave team to do the following:
    - FOO - Give 100% TM to Captain P.
    - Captain P. - Give 50% TM to team + Advantage
    - FOSFTP - AOE hit + Def Down
    - Sith T. - Big Killer AOE hit
    - KRU - Stun/Taunt as Clean up

Currently, FOO is the only one messing up the above set up on Auto.
    He does the Pinning move which doesn’t do anything.

——————

I want my Counter Attack Tank team to do the following:
    - Hux - Give FO Stormtrooper turn
    - FO Stormtrooper - Give 25% TM to team + Def up + Taunt
    - KR - AOE hit chipping down enemy
    - Executioner - Chipping hit + Stack Health
    - FOTP - Trash - He is only good for unique + 50% Extra Health + 100% Extra Tenacity + Foresight

I believe KR + Executioner ramp up damage similar to Wampa.
    I will build them with high Health + Defense + Tenacity.
    Than I will let their offense ramp up as battle becomes a prolonged fight.

The Chip Damage from counter attacks + slow ramping + Hux rally attack should provide the team with enough offense pressure to take out enemy units while maintaining a pure defensive style of Play + Modding

Death by Thousand Cuts!
    Death by Time Out!

I will take the win either way I’m not picking.
    I think Hux Leadership is very good for this style of play.

Currently, Hux is only one messing up the above set up on Auto.
    A.I is playing the perfect move, but I can’t find a pattern on who it selects.

I want Hux to do Devious Scheme and target FO Storm Trooper.
    A few fights Hux did target FO Storm Trooper.
    A few other fights Hux did move on different target.

In a different game I use to play, Characters would target based on Slot Position.
    Hux is Leader so I tried putting FO Storm Trooper in Slot 2 which is Front row left hand side of Leader.
    It wasn’t consistent.

It’s going to be very frustrating if I can’t use either of these teams on defense because the A.I messes them up.
    The issue is the team is running 95% correctly which is why I’m confused.

If the team wasn’t designed to be played in such a way, the moves wouldn’t normally line up at all.
    There would be no synergy.
  • Options

- KR - AOE
    - KRU - Stun/Taunt
    - Sith Trooper -
    If team does have Advantage prior to his turn, the AI does Vengeant which is AOE.

This.

CG have said before that teams are not supposed to play "perfectly" on defense or Auto.
    The human player is supposed to have the advantage.
  • Options

- KR - AOE
    - KRU - Stun/Taunt
    - Sith Trooper -
    /thread. Please.

• Options

- KR - AOE
    - KRU - Stun/Taunt
    - Sith Trooper -

This.

CG have said before that teams are not supposed to play "perfectly" on defense or Auto.
    The human player is supposed to have the advantage.

Interesting

Have they ever changed the way the A.I functions on a character?
  • Options
    Yes. They changed AI on GAS cheese vs SLKR to make SLKR go for Fives or something? I can't remember, it was a while ago
  • Options
    YodasAdoy wrote: »
    Yes. They changed AI on GAS cheese vs SLKR to make SLKR go for Fives or something? I can't remember, it was a while ago

So it could be possible for them to change the A.I of few First Order characters.
    Very interesting.
  • Options
    YodasAdoy wrote: »

So it could be possible for them to change the A.I of few First Order characters.
    Very interesting.
    Could be possible, but then so is Lord Lucan riding Shergar to victory in next season’s Derby.
  • Options
    - KRU - Stun/Taunt as Clean up.

It’s going to be very frustrating if I can’t use either of these teams on defense because the A.I messes them up.
    Look, I realise I’ve been dismissive, but I’m trying to spare you from some completely pointless wild goose chase here.

You’re talking as though the team is completely unusable because the AI won’t play it the way you would if you were in control. But the reality is that someone facing you will smash your team into the ground irrespective of what FOO does if they use a suitable counter. How FOO starts the battle is not going to change the outcome to anything like the extent you seem to think it will.

And all of this is 100% compounded by you having:
    - +65 speed on Phasma, when the majority of the player base has her modded for speed
    - +45 speed on FOO, with an empty mod slot and only 2 speed mods
    - one mod on KRU

At the moment FO is a route to SLKR and a niche-use fleet faction at best. No theory crafting / AI rewrite is going to change that.
  • Options
    The ai in this game is generally pretty simple from my observations.

They will use a special if available 90% of the time (most toons it seems to be the furthest right ability gets first priority).
    They will target the enemy with the lowest H+P 90% of the time.

However, loads of toons have annoying little priorities built in. There is no way to know except through observation.

For example Assaj will not ever use her aoe on auto unless the ai thinks it will get a kill with it. Even though it is a great aoe to put defence down across the board and help get toward a kill, and it will place plague under MT lead, the ai says "resetting cooldowns is the most important part of this ability, imma hold onto it for that".

Trying to figure out every single toon's ai priorities is the path to madness. Especially because of the 90%(ish) thing, where sometimes they just do a basic.
  • Options

Look, I realise I’ve been dismissive, but I’m trying to spare you from some completely pointless wild goose chase here.

You’re talking as though the team is completely unusable because the AI won’t play it the way you would if you were in control. But the reality is that someone facing you will smash your team into the ground irrespective of what FOO does if they use a suitable counter. How FOO starts the battle is not going to change the outcome to anything like the extent you seem to think it will.

- +65 speed on Phasma, when the majority of the player base has her modded for speed
    - one mod on KRU

At the moment FO is a route to SLKR and a niche-use fleet faction at best. No theory crafting / AI rewrite is going to change that.

There is some use in FO teams, especially at OP’s beginner level. In 3v3 GAC on defence, hux led team with Omicron FOTP is a reasonable second liner (betting on CLS being less likely to be available by then to attacker). Phasma with omicron is also still a reasonable second or third line defence team in TW. Judging from their posts OP is still a long way away from FO no longer having use. But you’re right that fretting about AI is futile & a distraction from the two main problems that OP has, which are team comp and mods (and listening to advice)
  • Options

- one mod on KRU

I think you are reading to much into my MOD’s.
    The truth is I have only been testing.

I put random MOD’s on the team to conduct test’s.
    The MOD’s I put are being used to get my team speed tuned in the right move order + functional

It’s sort of a habit I do.
    I picked the habit up in other competitive games.

Some of the heroes don’t have MOD’s because they are fast enough to go in the right order with out extra MOD’s.

My line of thinking is different vs. yours.
    Whether I have the best MOD’s in the game on the team or no MOD’s at all, the team is still at the mercy of the A.I.

The A.I has been programmed by a Human.
    The team will only do what it has been programmed to do.

I have decent Speed MOD’s for my beginner level.
    The question is whether or not this First Order team is worthy of using them.

I’m starting to feel like this team isn’t useable at all on Auto or on Defense .
    It might be a Manual Offense only team.

Very unfortunate indeed!
  • Salatious_Scrum
    2324 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    It’s concerning how dismissive the OP is about modding when earlier he professed to be an expert on it.

Mods can elevate your team to another level if you put the time into investing in them. That’s fact, whether or not AI will play the team a certain way on defense.

With all due respect, OP, but you’re just pushing back on all the advice players have been giving you. I don’t quite understand why you are doing this but I don’t expect much more help to come your way if you keep acting like you know better.
    Post edited by Salatious_Scrum on
  • Options
    It’s concerning how dismissive the OP is about modding when earlier he professed to be an expert on it.

Mods can elevate your team to another level if you put the time into investing in them. That’s fact, whether or not AI will plays the team a certain way on defense.

I think your misinterpreting my actions.
    I don’t have a lot of Gold currency.
    Putting MOD’s on a team is very expensive.

I don’t want to put MOD’s on this team at the moment.
    I want to understand how this team functions.

If the A.I doesn’t play the team correctly, I will not MOD the team.
    I will skip the team and find different team which is A.I friendly.

My priority is to MOD A.I Friendly team’s first.
    Than later on down the road I will MOD these non-friendly A.I teams.

I need teams which are A.I friendly for defense in GAC + Squad Arena.
    The game has dozens of different teams.
    I’m sure there are some A.I friendly teams among them.

Why put MOD’s on a team which the A.I plays poorly?
    When I can save those MOD’s and use them on a team which the A.I plays well?

I need 3 strong A.I teams for Carbonite.

The A.I plays my Phoenix team very well on Auto.
    I need to find 2 more Auto Friendly teams.

Which is why this thread was created, I am trying to figure out how the A.I functions with First Order.
    I am trying to see if there is an Auto Friendly team among First Order so I can use it.

Once, I find a team Auto friendly.
    The MOD’s will come.
    I will take the time to invest in them at that point.

There is a Method to my Madness!
  • Options
    If you want to leave some of your teams unmodded because you don’t think the AI plays them as you want them to, be my guest.
  • Options
    That is a very poor reason to not have your toons modded. I'm gonna throw on a Tinfoil hat real quick.

You're either

1. A new player that really likes to argue and not take anyone's advice or...
    2. You're a old time player, started a new account and getting kicks from not listening.

Either way you're pretty frustrating and I think the community should just not interact with you if you're gonna be dismissive or thinking you're all that.
  • Options

Mods can elevate your team to another level if you put the time into investing in them. That’s fact, whether or not AI will plays the team a certain way on defense.

I think your misinterpreting my actions.
    I don’t have a lot of Gold currency.
    Putting MOD’s on a team is very expensive.

Putting mods on a character costs nothing....
    "The Empire won't stop until we make them " - Cpt. Drogan, Bitter Pill Company
  • Options
    You can’t change AI. You can change mods and team comp.

Good luck on your solo journey though
  • Options
    That is a very poor reason to not have your toons modded. I'm gonna throw on a Tinfoil hat real quick.

You're either

1. A new player that really likes to argue and not take anyone's advice or...
    2. You're a old time player, started a new account and getting kicks from not listening.

Either way you're pretty frustrating and I think the community should just not interact with you if you're gonna be dismissive or thinking you're all that.

Look at the Title of the Thread.

I have every right to reject advice given which has nothing to do with the Topic of the thread.

People keep derailing my thread.

Than they are getting upset with me for not wanting to talk about their detailed topic.

Than we have a special group of people who are creating fictional made up scenario’s on why I’m not listening to their derailed topic.

Than we have a very special person telling me to not use caps on the term “MOD” which is grammatically incorrect and irrelevant.

I am just trying to talk about the A.I interactions of the First Order Faction.

Is it a crime for a New Player to talk about it?

Nope, just a crime for a new player to ask advice then reject everything veteran players who are trying to help them reply with....

1- The AI is never going to play your team the way you want it to play your team, that's just facts and it applies to every team in the game.

2- First order is a "mid" team at best, but they can certainly trip people up (it can be hard for an opponent to chew though an FO KRU team with CLS for example), but no veteran is going to use CLS there.

3- As has been said earlier, you can't reinvent the wheel as much as you would like to. There are no "brilliant strategies" or "SuPeR SeKreT CoUnTeRZ" left to discover at the FO level.... Best start taking advice

• Options
    Also, put some mods on your characters, It's free....
  • Options
    I played the following FO team on Auto:
    KRU, Hux, Sith Trooper, FOO, & FO Stormtrooper

The above team was the team recommended to me as 1 of best FO team’s with out GL.
    The A.I played the team extremely poorly.
    It’s not even useable.

- Hux went first and gave TM to FOO
    - FOO went second and did nothing
    - Enemy team went and killed my Sith Trooper
    - KRU went and did Stun/Taunt
    - FO Storm Trooper did Taunt
    Team lost so bad.

The A.I played the team even worse vs. team I made.
    There has to be something missing!

FOO has to have a synergy with someone.
    He can’t be doing that crazy useless move.

I might have only 1 FO team.
    I was hoping to have 2 FO teams, but FOO A.I is playing so bad I might have to toss him.
  • Salatious_Scrum
    2324 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Skill issue. And reading issues; we’ve already stated what you’re missing. Not going to bother typing it out again for you to skip over it.
  • Options
    I played the following FO team on Auto:
    KRU, Hux, Sith Trooper, FOO, & FO Stormtrooper

The above team was the team recommended to me as 1 of best FO team’s with out GL.
    The A.I played the team extremely poorly.
    It’s not even useable.

- Hux went first and gave TM to FOO
    - FOO went second and did nothing
    - Enemy team went and killed my Sith Trooper
    - KRU went and did Stun/Taunt
    - FO Storm Trooper did Taunt
    Team lost so bad.

The A.I played the team even worse vs. team I made.
    There has to be something missing!

FOO has to have a synergy with someone.
    He can’t be doing that crazy useless move.

I might have only 1 FO team.
    I was hoping to have 2 FO teams, but FOO A.I is playing so bad I might have to toss him.
    Context? What team were you facing? Did you still have poor / missing mods?
  • Options
    wpiknixz1um3.png

WUT?
  • Options
    wpiknixz1um3.png

WUT?
    v4iiofnxspzg.jpeg
    My guess is that this FOO used 2nd special, failed to remove TM, so “nothing” happened.

If only someone had told PlayerJ how to improve the team.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    I hope that circle will be a speed set
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Completely untrue!
    The A.I can change!

- Run Sith Trooper on Auto with a hero who doesn’t add Advantage to the team before he goes.
    - Run Sith Trooper on Auto with a hero who adds Advantage to the team before he goes.

The move Sith Trooper does will be different.

You just assume the A.I doesn’t change because you never spent the time looking at how the A.I plays and interacts with other things.
  • Options
    You just assume the A.I doesn’t change because you never spent the time looking at how the A.I plays and interacts with other things.

Sure buddy, you go believe that
  • Options

Completely untrue!
    The A.I can change!

- Run Sith Trooper on Auto with a hero who doesn’t add Advantage to the team before he goes.
    - Run Sith Trooper on Auto with a hero who adds Advantage to the team before he goes.

Or mod your team so the heroes go in order of their speeds as assigned by their mod sets and put proper mods on your characters like speed and potency on FOO.... But hey, you do you...
  • Options

Completely untrue!
    The A.I can change!

Or mod your team so the heroes go in order of their speeds as assigned by their mod sets and put proper mods on your characters like speed and potency on FOO.... But hey, you do you...

You are looking at the small picture.
    You need to look at the big picture.

Assume I have the best MOD’s in game.
    Than Play out what your saying to it’s full conclusion.

Maybe, it will help you understand what I’m talking about and get you on same page as me so you can actually be helpful in this thread.