New event is surprisingly good.

Prev1
I was skeptical it seems to be tuned appropriately. I think they could roll out another tier right away gated by R8 keep the same rewards. In the shop they should add some more early game content at low prices like zeta mats and carbs/guns/cuffs. Other than those suggestions surprisingly well done.

Replies

• Options
    Why would anyone ever buy anything else than omis?
    I'm just glad they put them on top so I don't need to scroll down through some bait stuff.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    I'm just glad they put them on top so I don't need to scroll down through some bait stuff.

Yeah they are easily the best deal in that shop but since newer accounts need to catch up on the basics first there should be good deals for them. Especially since they will get much less currency due to a lack of GL’s.
  • Options
    Yep, 4 omicron material every time they run this event.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options

Because some of us dont have all the Conquest Characters and this Shop is a good way to accelerate them
  • Options
    I’ll get whatever signal data I can, but the rest will go to Omis

• Options
    I'll probably grab Omicron mats, but most of them will go into storage.
  • Options

Because not everybody has all the conquest stuff. Many accounts of many ages. For those of us that do have all conquest stuff, omnis are the way
  • Options
    Personally I might go for the attenuators since I put a lot of value in good mods, but I’m holding on to the currency at the moment and seeing what I’d be needing in the near future.
  • Options
    Agreed with the other posters. This seems strangely well-tuned given some of the other RNG fest events recently. Kudos CG!
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Yes, but rewards sucks
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    free stuff is bad again?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    free stuff is bad again?

It's bad because it's never enough
  • Options
    I'm actually doing quite well on omicrons overall, so while I will absolutely buy them, for me the bigger needs are kyrotech, signal data, and sometimes g12.

• Options
    And yes CG actually really nailed this one! Very happy with the overall difficulty, as well as shop selection, although I strongly agree with OP that they could add zetas to the store as well!
  • GegeGerard24
    430 posts Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    This post should not have ever existed.
    Because the next thing they will do is to nerf the good thing (in this case, the event that everyone is talking about ).

Example of good thing nerfed: Traya's omi.

And when a new player (like me) reach the good thing, it has been nerfed long time ago.
    Just like my recently omi-ed Traya.

======

I can't do the event yet.
    I am just speaking out of what usually happens.
    Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey | NORDIC KINGDOM is recruiting
  • Options
    Gawejn wrote: »
    Yes, but rewards sucks
    4 omicron material is bad?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Lumiya
    1492 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Gawejn wrote: »
    Yes, but rewards sucks
    4 omicron material is bad?

Yeah, because everyone has 8 GLs... /s

People whom have 1 GL and don't do the refreshes don't even get 1 Omi mat with their reward.

I am not saying that I agree and think the rewards are bad, but I would like you to consider that not everyone can get that amount and that it's not the norm.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Salatious_Scrum
    2336 posts Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    One is better than none, especially since it’s a free event.

On that note though, have they mentioned what cadence this event would follow?
    Post edited by Salatious_Scrum on
  • Options
    @Salatious_Scrum Yes in the swgoh event discord: once a month
  • Options
    @Salatious_Scrum Yes in the swgoh event discord: once a month

Ah thanks!
  • Options

I will buy Kyros, it is the biggest bottleneck for me at the moment. I have a ton of toons that need it and that will be needing it. I need omicrons too of course but the priority will be kyros for now.

I also liked the event a lot, it was on the right side of difficult.
  • Gama_Fox
    624 posts Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Pretty awesome event IMO, not too easy, not too challenging. It seems like a very nice little bonus to help make conquest characters easier to farm (or to catch up on some Kyros or Omicrons).

My only request would be make the shard purchase options 5/10/20 instead of 2/8/20.. Almost all of the conquest characters that I haven't unlocked are at 135/155/175 out of 330, only really being able to purchase shards in quantities of 10 (or quantities that add up to 10 i.e 2+8) is a bit frustrating..

Would this be something that the devs could look into updating potentially? @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Tusken_Meathead
  • Options
    Yep. Getting sone extra value out of GLs is good. And the battles were perfectly OK. My Kylo versus Rey was a sketchy win, but otherwise was pretty smooth.
  • Options
    Pleasantly surprised. Well done this time, CG.
  • Options
    Someone who thinks 300 kyros or 600 grey signal data are more valuable than 1 full omicron. Can’t say I won’t be tempted depending on what I need.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    I try to remember not everyone is in the same place I am.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Gama_Fox wrote: »
    Pretty awesome event IMO, not too easy, not too challenging. It seems like a very nice little bonus to help make conquest characters easier to farm (or to catch up on some Kyros or Omicrons).

My only request would be make the shard purchase options 5/10/20 instead of 2/8/20.. Almost all of the conquest characters that I haven't unlocked are at 135/155/175 out of 330, only really being able to purchase shards in quantities of 10 (or quantities that add up to 10 i.e 2+8) is a bit frustrating..

But 2+8=10
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Gama_Fox wrote: »

But 2+8=10

I think their point was more that it would be nice to have an option for 5

• Options
    Same here pretty well balanced and I love that I can clean up some of my conquest characters bc I only need a few shards on some of them. These are great rewards for players who are at the end game I have 6gls myself so its really nice to feel rewarded for that grind.
  • Options
    Agree with OP. Well done CG! Nicely tuned event, and I enjoy extra free rewards, regardless of what they are. Thank you!