Lightspeed bundles .. serving who?

Replies

• Options
    Lol let them buy GLs . They really don't get it. If they are releasing it to purchase then it will be nerfed in the future. Lol I can already beat SLKR with LV 100% of the time now. It was about 70% 6 months ago.
  • Options
    Lol let them buy GLs . They really don't get it. If they are releasing it to purchase then it will be nerfed in the future. Lol I can already beat SLKR with LV 100% of the time now. It was about 70% 6 months ago.

Wait, people use GLs to counter SLKR?!?!
  • Options

Wait, people use GLs to counter SLKR?!?!

Lv solos a full slkr team if you want to use maul elsewhere. I can't remember the last slkr I faced on d though, even 7gl defenses often keep slkr for offense
  • Options
    LS Bundles goal is to keep focus on new troons for everyone. If you are starting account - there is a years might be passed till you take a look at something new. Now I could be focused on new staff only and all old things could be just bought.

What negative side? I will never buy other packs because price diff is HUGE. What is also missing - understanding what will go to LS bundles.

My thoughts that best way keep balance is to make LS bundles a new standart like hyperdrive. Make them available anytime and limit them for current bundles only. Everyone who wishes to start game just could bought 2 years of grind.
  • Options
    No, i think it’s the fact that they aren’t always around that makes them cheaper
  • Options
    I really hope they bring back the original round of bundles at some point. (A couple times a year at least?)

It makes no sense to me to have a "catch up for new players" that will then leave even newer players out in the cold by not being able to get those packs.
  • Options
    No, i think it’s the fact that they aren’t always around that makes them cheaper

Yes, a less frequent / limited supply is known to decrease the price of a product.

/S
  • Options
    Haugs wrote: »

Yes, a less frequent / limited supply is known to decrease the price of a product.

/S

Sarcasm aside, YolkyWarEagle1 isn't wrong - Offering an amazingly good deal only very rarely has the psychological effect of making the deal more appealing when it comes around because there's a perception of scarcity. Keeping the price so low attracts people that otherwise wouldn't spend at all - but that's the whole point. Once they get you to open your wallet once, you're much more likely to do it again. This is not inconsistent with the principles of supply and demand - there's just more to the story than that.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options

/S

Technically the sarcasm is true - but lightspeed bundles are a really good deal. I'm not sure it would be priced the same if it was offered permanently; if they were always in the store they would most likely be a higher. They are (in my opinion) like a flash sale, or the way the Black Friday sales used to work. So offering them for a really good price once or twice a year is a way to offer an extremely good sale price, as opposed to a year-round regular price.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Options

/S

Sarcasm aside, YolkyWarEagle1 isn't wrong - Offering an amazingly good deal only very rarely has the psychological effect of making the deal more appealing when it comes around because there's a perception of scarcity. Keeping the price so low attracts people that otherwise wouldn't spend at all - but that's the whole point. Once they get you to open your wallet once, you're much more likely to do it again. This is not inconsistent with the principles of supply and demand - there's just more to the story than that.

Cool, not discussing any of that. The joke that you decided to elaborate upon for reasons unknown is that, in a vacuum, a limited supply does not decrease the price of a product

Maybe I don't understand your particular brand of sarcasm, but it came off as you telling Yolky that they were wrong - and in a really disrespectful way. I elaborated on your 'joke' specifically because this isn't a vacuum - and if the packs were on offer 24/7/365 they very likely would be much more expensive. It's not a simple supply vs demand calculation like your sarcastic quip made it out to be.

If that's not what you meant by your comment, then you have my apology.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    You lost me at “Ray.”
  • Options
    There’s hundreds of thousands of players with hundreds of thousands of different rosters. I’ve been playing for 7 years with a GP of 9.9mil. Like many old players, I stopped gearing Phoenix at about g8-9 when I could unlock Thrawn. Now that Captain Rex has made Phoenix somewhat relevant again, I jumped on the Phoenix bundle. So there’s certainly a place for all the Lightspeed bundles we’ve seen so far. They may not be relevant for you, and that’s ok, save your money and hopefully you’ll see one soon that’s to your advantage.
  • Options
    Martyboy wrote: »
    Who do these serve? Alienate existing fanbase and limited assistance to new players. Having made a purchase this is my reflection. They essentially suck the soul and fun out of the game.
    It would make more sense to just offer a GL for 49.99. Pick one with the lowest usage stats such as Ray.
    Having invested time upgrading my boundty hunters to relic 7 , seeing 3 characters on offer for 9 99 at relic 5 leaves a nasty taste in my mouth!!!
    My main reflection is this .. what's the point in logging in daily, buying crystals, now.
    Will new players whom purchase speed bundles stay when you cut out the grind and achievement . I doubt it and sure initial increases in purchases will be offset by significant drops in crystal and other pack purchases.
    So who do they really serve.... Long term. My solution is above , a Gl at 49.99.

*yawn*

It’s a pack for sale.

If it helps you and you have the money and you feel it’s worth it then buy it…

And just like every other pack they have had (and ever will have) for sale…

If you don’t, then don’t bother.

Push comes to shove, any pack serves to finance the game.

Don’t want it don’t buy it.

You do you and let everyone else do them.

Simplez
  • YolkyWarEagle1
    373 posts Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

/S

thank you for explaining while i was out for the holidays- this is what i meant. it would be less valuable if it was around more often. they want you to but it and have pressure on you for it, and at a cheaper price more people will buy it.
  • Options

/S

it’s not the same as gas prices. this is more of a sale as herd_nerfer was saying. they want you to buy it and charging more won’t help. please remember- the game is dying
  • Options
    I've been playing 3 years and haven't bought anything since a few packs when I started out. Nothing seemed remotely worth it. Not even Hyperdrive.

I bought the Rey, Rebels, and Mando LS Bundles though. Insane value and saves months of farming for old characters.

Bring on the Ewok and Bad Batch LS Bundles. ;)
  • Options
    Martyboy wrote: »
    Who do these serve? Alienate existing fanbase and limited assistance to new players. Having made a purchase this is my reflection. They essentially suck the soul and fun out of the game.
    It would make more sense to just offer a GL for 49.99. Pick one with the lowest usage stats such as Ray.
    Having invested time upgrading my boundty hunters to relic 7 , seeing 3 characters on offer for 9 99 at relic 5 leaves a nasty taste in my mouth!!!
    My main reflection is this .. what's the point in logging in daily, buying crystals, now.
    Will new players whom purchase speed bundles stay when you cut out the grind and achievement . I doubt it and sure initial increases in purchases will be offset by significant drops in crystal and other pack purchases.
    So who do they really serve.... Long term. My solution is above , a Gl at 49.99.

I'm a day 1 mostly ftp and these have been great, they have gotten so many toons topped off that I didn't want to waste resources on. Rey was my 2nd to last gl in farming priority and I have her. Mandos just got launched ahead, I love the game but find the kroytech grind boring and that's what I use about 1/2 of all my resources on. So I love that these packs boost these useful side toons up
  • Options
    I think these packs are massively undervalued compared to buying gear, relic mats and even shards.

Are they they finished article no. Zetas and omis still need to be earned but aspects like crew/ships are massive.

I dont like saying people should spend but a years farming to open up options for £9 seemed incredulous that CG would do. In my own opinion, something nice leads to something difficult but ill take advantage.
  • Options
    Shmoopyz wrote: »
    I've been playing 3 years and haven't bought anything since a few packs when I started out. Nothing seemed remotely worth it. Not even Hyperdrive.

I bought the Rey, Rebels, and Mando LS Bundles though. Insane value and saves months of farming for old characters.

Bring on the Ewok and Bad Batch LS Bundles. ;)

yep- it seems we started around the same time and i had the same thing. i had never bought anything but when i saw the value for that finalizer bundle i knew it was time to pull the trigger
  • Options
    a7cgi45ams8l.jpg

In case the value of these LSB weren't stated enough, here's a junk pack being hocked by CG right now. 2% chance of landing those 40 zetas, and it comes with 50 prod/computers. They usually sell a 25-50 pack of each for $5-10. Granted, LSB don't include zetas, so you're essentially buying the kyros for $50, but it goes to show just how ridiculous of a value those LSB are, when you consider you're getting numerous relic characters for $10-50.
  • Options
    They served me just fine. I was WAY behind on getting Rey and SLKR because other things took priority and when those first GL's came out I wasn't well organized.
  • Options
    I’m thrilled to see this thread didn’t remotely go the way the OP intended 😂
  • Options
    #lightspeed-bundles
  • Options
    If we didn't have these packs, us old school Krakens wouldn't be able to say, "Back in my day when it was 3 a node and there was only one node"... haha... honestly, it sucks to see such a good deal that we can't use since we already have what we want but I wouldn't change my journey for anything and if this is what keeps the game alive, I am all for it.
    Yes, I am THE Warrior.
  • Options
    Warrior_TI wrote: »
    If we didn't have these packs, us old school Krakens wouldn't be able to say, "Back in my day when it was 3 a node and there was only one node"... haha... honestly, it sucks to see such a good deal that we can't use since we already have what we want but I wouldn't change my journey for anything and if this is what keeps the game alive, I am all for it.

Haha, the good old times :)
  • Options
    a7cgi45ams8l.jpg

In case the value of these LSB weren't stated enough, here's a junk pack being hocked by CG right now. 2% chance of landing those 40 zetas, and it comes with 50 prod/computers. They usually sell a 25-50 pack of each for $5-10. Granted, LSB don't include zetas, so you're essentially buying the kyros for $50, but it goes to show just how ridiculous of a value those LSB are, when you consider you're getting numerous relic characters for $10-50.

3vk6zv1huqxe.png

This is even a better example for it :hushed:

• Options
    Baddy wrote: »

So....what are you even guaranteed? To me, it looks like you get a chance of nothing, but I'm assuming there's something lost in translation maybe.
  • Options

I beat LV with SKLR fairly regularly.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Baddy wrote: »

So....what are you even guaranteed? To me, it looks like you get a chance of nothing, but I'm assuming there's something lost in translation maybe.

once upon a time packs sold for real money never had less than 100% chance at what it was selling, now....
  • Options
    I've been playing this game for YEARS, but I must say I was torn. I understand why people feel negatively about the speed bundles because it does help new players by allowing them to catch up exponentially! On the other hand it helped me get closer to achieving what I am trying to accomplish. My ultimate opinion is that the bundle's prices should reflect how long a player has spent playing the game. For example, active players who have invested years of time playing should get the bundles for cheaper prices. Is it fair to allow new players to catch up to other players who have spent years of time playing the game for the same prices? That's a hard NO. Award players who have invested time playing the game. The bundles are great for both new and long term players, but I just thing that long term players should be rewarded for sticking with the game by having the ability to save money on certain bundles.
    E-LOVE31