The New Advantage **DEV Explanation Within**

Replies

• Oootini
    636 posts Member
    Options
    How about jedi knight guardian ability block on crit? Watch out for the new OP toon

Lol
  • Fighton
    308 posts Member
    Options
    I favorite part of this thread

"Fotp 3x attk finally fix, definitely .(well probably )"

Long live fotp triple bomb.....not that it happens often..........but it's funny as heck when it does
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    Options
    Now that they will introduce better defense and fortification is when advantage might shine
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Ok, based on the level of detail that post contains now I am convinced that they have all the details about the tuning changes by character that we as a community are asking for. @CG_Method --thanks for that thorough and well thought out description of the changes to Advantage! Hopefully we will get a character by character break down in the next day before the patch.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    CG_Method wrote: »
    Advantage will cause multi-hit moves (e.g. Rey's Flurry of Blows, Magmatrooper's Line of Fire) to crit each hit.

3 Rey hits in one turn, all crit? Just wow. She will need a huge nerf for a Phasma(L)/Rey team to not to be OP.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply CG_Method!
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi2407 wrote: »
    Advantage will cause multi-hit moves (e.g. Rey's Flurry of Blows, Magmatrooper's Line of Fire) to crit each hit.

3 Rey hits in one turn, all crit? Just wow. She will need a huge nerf for a Phasma(L)/Rey team to not to be OP.

Its potentially 4 if she has a positive status effect, all critting would be well over 20k damage now. That may be different tomorrow though.
  • Options
    rainpro wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply CG_Method!

+1
  • Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »

Its potentially 4 if she has a positive status effect, all critting would be well over 20k damage now. That may be different tomorrow though.

I don't see how it possibly can't be different tomorrow. Not nerfing Rey would be the opposite of rebalancing the game.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »

I don't see how it possibly can't be different tomorrow. Not nerfing Rey would be the opposite of rebalancing the game.

I am a rey supporter, she is great but also is probably one of the reasons we need this rebalancing patch. She is just too fast and does too much damage. I predict she will still be high on damage (Maybe one of the highest still) but the other mechanics are going to limit OHKO's and all will be well with the world (err. Galaxy).
  • Options
    Edited the title to allow more people to see @CG_Method's response.
  • Options
    So Phasma will be a must have for every team, turn meter, speed down and guaranteed crits
  • Options
    Edited the title to allow more people to see @CG_Method's response.

Tks and good idea
  • Options
    @CG_Method thanks for the in depth explanation ;)
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_Method much appreciated. Can you have someone do this for protection now? :) Thanks!
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    All i take from this is that aoe's crit on every hit now? What?? Am i the only one who finds this to be potentially OP? Lando? Hi! Is Phasma becoming target no1 to attack and kill before every other character in the game?
  • Gedi
    9 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_Method thanks you!!
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    All i take from this is that aoe's crit on every hit now? What?? Am i the only one who finds this to be potentially OP? Lando? Hi! Is Phasma becoming target no1 to attack and kill before every other character in the game?

Lando would be easier to KO in your example. Also, I don't target Poggle first when he's there, I just KO the highest damage dealer.

She has a lot of health and AI does Victory March first a lot. She's spreading that advantage unless you ability block her.
  • Options
    How awesome will it be to see Billie Dee's smiling **** all the way down the leaderboards?
  • Options

Good luck with her health and RG taunt!

Of course we have no idea how this will all play out, but why wouldn't Phasma now not be on every team?

In the lead or not
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    What I read into this is that if Armour penetration was too powerful and crits were not, then we're going to see a big, across-the-board damage reduction with this update. AOE's may actually have to crit to do the damage they were doing before. And if several attacks by Rey are checked against armour first and then have a +50% crit modifier applied, they may be five figure blows but not necessarily direct killers. Too early to tell.
  • Options
    Berimbolo wrote: »

Good luck with her health and RG taunt!

Of course we have no idea how this will all play out, but why wouldn't Phasma now not be on every team?

In the lead or not

No more than Poggle. Crit teams can be a thing, and likely a fun fail-safe, after update.
  • thecuriousocelot
    1030 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @SidiousIsPikachu not sure if you've seen this or not - but this might be good news for Sidious (i know he's your favourite). Sid's chance to ignore armour on his basic attack might mean he can deal serious damage from time to time :)

The only other character* who can ignore armour is... JC! On his special attack :lol:

edit: *and magmatrooper's AOE...
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @SidiousIsPikachu not sure if you've seen this or not - but this might be good news for Sidious (i know he's your favourite). Sid's chance to ignore armour on his basic attack might mean he can deal serious damage from time to time :)

The only other character who can ignore armour is... JC! On his special attack :lol:

That's great and all but there is still Dooku leadership in the game...
  • Options

The only other character who can ignore armour is... JC! On his special attack :lol:

That's great and all but there is still Dooku leadership in the game...

What's a 'dooku'?
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Options
    Keep in mind AI triggers Phasma's Fusillade before Victory March. Defense won't be nearly as good as offense. New "tank" Phasma as you try to take her out before she gets 2 turns.
    Phasma, 86 or FOTP, Han or RG, Kylo or Sid, & 88 ??? Hmm
    Looking forward to new combos
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • Panna
    210 posts Member
    Options
    ObranVox wrote: »
    How awesome will it be to see Billie Dee's smiling **** all the way down the leaderboards?

Man i'm dying at this comment hahaha, too good.

Seems as if everyone is catching on that the Phasma + Lando combo will literally be insane. I've had my build ready for it as soon as they mentioned the rework of advantage. Hopefully now I will have the advantage being that I came up with the build before the majority of people lol.
    ARK - Alliance Of Rebel Knights | Editor & Graphics Designer | https://swgoh.gg/u/panna/
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    Options

Ackbar's third ability has a % of armor penetration
    Magmatrooper's AOE ignores armor as well.

ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options
    Fantazy wrote: »

Ackbar's third ability has a % of armor penetration
    Magmatrooper's AOE ignores armor as well.

Oh yeah... thnks! I'll blame www.swgohcantina.com

@Kylven your website needs updating - synergies section: magmatrooper ignores armour
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Everybody's out planning their cool AOE teams. And here I sit, planning my insidious counter attack teams. :P
This discussion has been closed.