The New Advantage **DEV Explanation Within**

13Next

Replies

• Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @thecuriousocelot Dooku
    Alexone wrote: »
    @SidiousIsPikachu not sure if you've seen this or not - but this might be good news for Sidious (i know he's your favourite). Sid's chance to ignore armour on his basic attack might mean he can deal serious damage from time to time :)

The only other character who can ignore armour is... JC! On his special attack :lol:

That's great and all but there is still Dooku leadership in the game...

What's a 'dooku'?

A parasite that latches onto your back as soon as you enter top 20. Anomaly detected!!
  • Chewieforlife
    356 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    man looks like AOE teams will be the way to go.
    Phasma, lando, sid, 88, magma trooper ?
  • Options
    Thanks for the detailed explanation, really helpful.
  • Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    Everybody's out planning their cool AOE teams. And here I sit, planning my insidious counter attack teams. :P

I know, right? I have mine all leveled, geared, and starred up and ready to go....let's do this.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Panna wrote: »
    ObranVox wrote: »
    How awesome will it be to see Billie Dee's smiling **** all the way down the leaderboards?

Man i'm dying at this comment hahaha, too good.

Seems as if everyone is catching on that the Phasma + Lando combo will literally be insane. I've had my build ready for it as soon as they mentioned the rework of advantage. Hopefully now I will have the advantage being that I came up with the build before the majority of people lol.

People that misuse the word "literally", figuratively drive me insane.

Setting aside quibbles over the English language, there are some things wrong with this theory -

1) Both Lando and Phasma are two VERY slow toons.
    2) As soon as anyone sees both, they will try to ability block/stun one or the other of them (presuming that won't be able to burn them to the ground first)
    3) If they don't succeed before the first Lando AoE, they will almost definitely do so by the time it's his turn again - which basically makes his attack no stronger than any other AoE (except that other AoEs sometimes apply/have other effects - like Sid's DoT's, IG88's ability blocks, Yoda's ability steal, etc.)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Everybody's out planning their cool AOE teams. And here I sit, planning my insidious counter attack teams. :P

Interestingly, Kylo can be both...and he's FO. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

I invested on Ewoks :D
  • Panna
    210 posts Member
    Options

Setting aside quibbles over the English language, there are some things wrong with this theory -

Me and my guild have done plenty of theory crafting on this topic and I'll explain how to easily overcome those obstacles

When Phasma uses her Victory March ability at max it will give Lando and everyone else 50% TM, only way to stop that is, like you said, stunning or ability blocking them. However, Lando has high tenacity (whcih gets better once he gets higher geared) and so does Phasma. It will be a gamble to try it, and if failed will be devastating.
    3) If they don't succeed before the first Lando AoE, they will almost definitely do so by the time it's his turn again - which basically makes his attack no stronger than any other AoE (except that other AoEs sometimes apply/have other effects - like Sid's DoT's, IG88's ability blocks, Yoda's ability steal, etc.)

Good point, but there is a simple solution, A tank with a taunt. The best one being Royal Guard (26.7k at max + protection) will be able to make Lando as well as the other AoE toons to survive at least till Lando's second turn.

The only good counter I see is either Ventress dispelling enemy buff's, a counter-attack based team, or one with quick healers.
    ARK - Alliance Of Rebel Knights | Editor & Graphics Designer | https://swgoh.gg/u/panna/
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    DarthGozu wrote: »

I invested on Ewoks :D

+1
    I'm laughing at the thought of a slow meta, should benefit my ewoks.
  • Options

Me and my guild have done plenty of theory crafting on this topic and I'll explain how to easily overcome those obstacles

When Phasma uses her Victory March ability at max it will give Lando and everyone else 50% TM, only way to stop that is, like you said, stunning or ability blocking them. However, Lando has high tenacity (whcih gets better once he gets higher geared) and so does Phasma. It will be a gamble to try it, and if failed will be devastating.

Good point, but there is a simple solution, A tank with a taunt. The best one being Royal Guard (26.7k at max + protection) will be able to make Lando as well as the other AoE toons to survive at least till Lando's second turn.

The only good counter I see is either Ventress dispelling enemy buff's, a counter-attack based team, or one with quick healers.

Or old ben with qgj lead. Game over.
  • puru
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Spartamaj wrote: »

As he pointed out, because of high tenacity ben's debuffs wont apply all the time. So not a game over strategy.

• Options
    puru wrote: »

As he pointed out, because of high tenacity ben's debuffs wont apply all the time. So not a game over strategy.

old ben's mind tricks will get a boost when qgj lvl 8 leadership ability opens up, gives potency up
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    All this talk about AOE. Dooku and his evasion + offense up is still a thing after tomorrow. What makes everyone think that AOE will be a viable strat against a dooku team with a few counter attackers (kit, fives), Daka and RG?
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Panna
    210 posts Member
    Options
    puru wrote: »

Yes, it's still a huge coin flip. Old ben already gets resisted enough.
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    All this talk about AOE. Dooku and his evasion + offense up is still a thing after tomorrow. What makes everyone think that AOE will be a viable strat against a dooku team with a few counter attackers (kit, fives), Daka and RG?

Evasion on dooku is bugged atm, it's proccing way more than 15%. But again, all this is speculation but i'm trying to get ahead of the meta to get an advantage. This still could all back fire as we do not know what will happen till the update actually comes into effect.
    ARK - Alliance Of Rebel Knights | Editor & Graphics Designer | https://swgoh.gg/u/panna/
  • Options
    @SidiousIsPikachu not sure if you've seen this or not - but this might be good news for Sidious (i know he's your favourite). Sid's chance to ignore armour on his basic attack might mean he can deal serious damage from time to time :)

The only other character* who can ignore armour is... JC! On his special attack :lol:

edit: *and magmatrooper's AOE...

thx ocelot, took note of that. and i guess his armor pen can surprise teams, and i hope it will
  • Options
    what's advantage?
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Auto-crit getting you down? Biggs
    {RotE}
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    I've been farming Ben anyway just because it's Old Ben, never planned on using him much though. But if there's going to be phasma and aoe teams everywhere I think he could be pretty useful to block them. With a qgj lead he'll act before most aoe toons
  • Options
    apexstag wrote: »
    what's advantage?

It's an ability a lot of First Order characters have (and Finn since he's formerly First Order.) In particular, Captain Phasma's Victory March gives all your characters advantage. What it does, specifically, is detailed by CG_Method's post on the first page of this thread.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    What will happen when Yoda steals advantage and gives it to the team? Will it be better or worse? Currently Phasma doesn't use it until her second turn on defense but if she does so on first turn I would be very concerned.
  • Options
    Advantage is 2 turns, double tap doesn't dispel anymore
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Advantage isn't dispel-able? What happens on the 2nd turn if the player already crits the first time? Is it another crit?
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    Advantage isn't dispel-able? What happens on the 2nd turn if the player already crits the first time? Is it another crit?

It is consumed when you use a damaging move.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Oh so that damaging move does not apply any sort of extra effect then?

Even so, if Phasma casts Advantage, all the team has 2 turns to make their crit. Hmm...
  • Options
    Advantage you say? Well Assaj Ventress will just eat for breakfast you're precious Advantage. :lol:
  • Options
    Holysilver wrote: »
    Advantage you say? Well Assaj Ventress will just eat for breakfast you're precious Advantage. :lol:

It's unlikely that she will have a chance before they use their advantage. Victory March gives 50% turn meter...
  • PEZ
    64 posts Member
    Options
    CG_Method wrote: »
    Some quick notes on the new Advantage and associated reworks:
    • Advantage was indeed changed partially because it was just overwhelmingly effective once defense was a big factor in survivability--it felt silly putting all this effort into re-tuning the game to be less explosive if a high-burst character with old Advantage could crit and still 80~100% kill someone in one shot. The new Advantage was decided on because it had a big upside--while it's now harder to stack with other damage increases, it can act as an enabler for lots of on-crit mechanics. You can see this firsthand in several of the First Order character ability reworks, as they can now trigger many of their effects on a regular crit, independent of Advantage.
    • Advantage will cause AoE attacks to automatically crit every target hit.
    • Advantage will cause multi-hit moves (e.g. Rey's Flurry of Blows, Magmatrooper's Line of Fire) to crit each hit.
    • Advantage will not help extra attacks, as they are, well, separate attacks. (e.g. Dooku's Hindering Press)
    • Advantage is applied to the next damaging attack only. This means if you, say, use a healing/buffing ability that doesn't deal damage, it won't consume Advantage. It also won't be consumed if you're Stunned and lose your turn. This is why Advantage still specifies a duration--conceivably, if you stun-locked somebody long enough, Advantage would expire.
    • By the same token, Advantage will still be consumed if the target Evaded your attack--it only 'cares' whether you did a damaging attack, not whether that attack succeeded.
    • The only exceptions to 'next-attack-only' are Assists granted by Phasma's Fire at Will, which will refresh the Assisting ally's Advantage if they had it as soon as they finish the attack. This was a quality-of-life improvement to compensate for the fact that you don't get to decide who gets called for an Assist, which could cause you to expend Advantage undesirably, and that felt weird for the First Order leader.
    • The "once per enemy" thing on First Order TIE Pilot's Keen Eye means that you can't gain Advantage from a single enemy falling below 50%, healing above 50%, and falling below it again; in general, this means that in PvP and Galactic War, Keen Eye will "only" grant Advantage 5 times per battle. "Only".
    • First Order TIE Pilot's triple attack bug is actually definitely finally fixed as part of the reworks. (Probably.)

Is all of this working as intended? So far, I am having toons lose their Advantage when called in for an assist by Phasma's Fire at Will and I am seeing AOE attacks with Advantage (Lando, Magma, Phasma, Yoda) NOT criting on each target...
  • Options
    How will the advantage affectcAoE? Will it guarantee one critical or all?

Uh oh lando is ready to bang bang boom :#

True Story:)
This discussion has been closed.