I precrafted and now I feel bad about it

Prev13
Nonemo
1656 posts Member
So, I and a good bunch of other people realized that the smart thing to do was stock up on whatever we could. I never managed to craft any furnaces, but I did manage to craft five Droid callers.

Those five Droid callers are like gold in the bank. I used one on Savage - his last piece at gear VIII.
46NhE2q.jpg
At level 80, I will be able to take this beast to gear X. That's two entire gear levels above where all non precrafters are stuck.

I will also be able to get Fives and Barriss to gear X. And it just doesn't feel right. Depending on what toons will be favored by the new update, I may be sitting with very much more powerful toons than others running the same team composition.

I am aware that advantage won't last forever. But even so, using these toons in the Arena now feels a little like using steroids in athletic competitions. Takes the fun out of any wins and it isn't fair.

I wouldn't mind if CG thought of a way to make up for this to all the non precrafters out there. In fact, I'd rather they did.

Replies

• Jamito
    316 posts Member
    Options
    Don't feel guilty! Enjoy! It won't be long before everybody catches up.
  • Options
    Nope. don't feel guilty that you beat a CG cash grab. Anything we can do to stick it to this horrible dev is a good thing.
  • Options
    Jamito wrote: »
    Don't feel guilty! Enjoy! It won't be long before everybody catches up.

Not really haha even with raids the new gear pieces aren't "craft able" until 81 so no one can catch up until the next lvl cap increase haha I managed to make 2 driod callers and the gear Yoda needs, no furnaces though
  • Options
    Really you don't feel that bad, otherwise u would wait to precraft, till stage 80. Please spare me the I feel bad part while showing your maxed out Savage.
  • Options
    Don't feel guilty we are the ones who was to lazy/stupid to pre farm enjoy the advantage
  • Leaner619
    164 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I didn't even swear haha
  • Options
    But that was the point of precrafting - trading your energy reserved for faster leveling for a risky venture.
    Also I bet that the guild update will roll sooner than majority gets to 80.
  • Options
    Screw that, I pre crafted weeks ago because I had the stuff lying around. Long before the change, obviously. I'm no whale and I feel no remorse.
  • Options
    You feel bad... That you didn't waste your time gearing up toons you wouldn't use?

Err ok ;)

• Options
    It's not your fault
  • Options
    I have 5 droid callers and some other stuff. I only feel bad because I didn't precraft any furnaces :D
  • Options
    I managed 3 droid callers (no furnaces). Used two. I have a 6 star Rey, 5 star RG and 2 star GS. The lack of the aforementioned toons at max make my squad choices very limited, I hope the added gear advantage gives me enough time to level Rey and RG up. No issues if CG changes anything, I'm fine going with the flow.

WF3WmIC.jpg

gpgRg8m.jpg
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry @Nonemo
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    My solution to this was simple: I won't use any of the gear until they make it available to everyone. Everyone has that choice.
    In retrospect, I wouldn't have made it at all.
    BTW I started a thread along these same lines a week ago and got flamed to a crisp, hope you fare better.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    My solution to this was simple: I won't use any of the gear until they make it available to everyone. Everyone has that choice.
    BTW I started a thread along these same lines a week ago and got flamed to a crisp, hope you fare better.

I saw your thread and thought it was a nice statement in your OP. Me, I don't have the strength of character to not try and max out my toons. They're just too enticing and shiny. If I had that strength of character I likely wouldn't be playing freemium games to begin with.
  • Options
    Nonemo wrote: »

I saw your thread and thought it was a nice statement in your OP. Me, I don't have the strength of character to not try and max out my toons. They're just too enticing and shiny. If I had that strength of character I likely wouldn't be playing freemium games to begin with.

As long as you're not taking advantage of an exploit or cheating, I think your character is above reproach. We all play with the hands dealt, well some of us do.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    I have one droid caller and just dinged 74. I could equip it on QGJ, Daka or RG. QJG and RG are on my arena team at the moment but I still need some 45 pieces for each of their last gear other than the droid caller to get them to the next gear level. My gut is to use it on QGJ since I fell he is going to still be strong in the future meta but I think I will just hold on to it for now until we see how things shake out after tomorrow.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    I have 1 furnace and 3 droid callers but haven't used them yet. I am still competitive in top ten for arena so no need to equip them now.

Been waiting to see what the update brings before I use them and don't really feel guilty for having them. I come to the forums everyday and stay active so that I can end up with some kind of competitve advantage over others that don't.

Prob won't use them till I see what new meta is and/or I start losing badly in arena.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Nonemo wrote: »

Meh, not a strength of character thing, and it's not entirely altruistic (there are practical reasons to save the stuff too). Just pointing out that if you really did feel bad about it (per the title) you did have an option.
  • Options

I saw your thread, don't let the haters get you down! I am in your boat, not using them for now. If the new update/meta makes all my toons useless and I have to build up someone new - I might re-think that but I doubt it will shift that much. If I cared about Arena more, I might - but I am happy in the 200-300 range.
    I feel it is like Dragonball Z: I can take my heavy/weighted clothing off and up my power level to the max- but that is easy. Vegita would scoff.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Droids caller RG gains 1200 health plus whatever extra from str.

A 5 star L74 RG has 19,300 health.

The flaw is in the game design but to be this isn't really different than the 1 level advantage precrafters got or even those who use forums to decide who the best charactors are. All use resources outside the game to gain advantage.
  • Options
    I'm sure you were winning before without "steroids" In my book you did not exploit anything, you did have some "insider information" that should have been available to anyone. I say to you sir, enjoy your tactical maneuver and we'll catch up to you. BTW, Chromiums are the real steroids you get to buy.
  • Peempo
    403 posts Member
    Options
    How's Barris stats post droid caller nonemo? :p
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    I started making buttpluks mk5 (4 pieces) before they announced the chance of formula, so no regrets at all
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Daka...oh, my. :o
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat with Droid callers, I'm afraid I'll use them as soon as I hit 74, today I hope. I don't remember exactly the details, it seems furnaces didn't get crafted as readily, anybody remember why?
  • Za_cha
    53 posts Member
    Options
    They should have just added they new 50 gear pieces to the next gear tier. So those who were previously stuck at gear viii before the cap increase should have had the 50 added at gear ix. those stuck at ix should have had it added at X. oh wells. nothing we can do now.
  • ubn87
    314 posts Member
    Options
    I bet you that when we all are at level 80 some options will be open to get those gears.

It's not like you or any other will be 80 tomorrow. Just a few percent will hit 80 soon and kudos to them if they wanna spend thousands of dollars.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Hangfire wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat with Droid callers, I'm afraid I'll use them as soon as I hit 74, today I hope. I don't remember exactly the details, it seems furnaces didn't get crafted as readily, anybody remember why?

Because they require 50 hairdryers.
  • Options
    I have two droids and will be using them tomorrow! I don't feel bad! Lol