I precrafted and now I feel bad about it

Replies

• Options
    warmonkey wrote: »
    I have 1 furnace and 3 droid callers but haven't used them yet. I am still competitive in top ten for arena so no need to equip them now.

Been waiting to see what the update brings before I use them and don't really feel guilty for having them. I come to the forums everyday and stay active so that I can end up with some kind of competitve advantage over others that don't.

Prob won't use them till I see what new meta is and/or I start losing badly in arena.

That was my idea until I groggily woke up upgraded a guy to 7 star then blindly filled in the greens. Be careful. No droid callers left for me.
  • Options
    I didn't precraft and I am satisfied with that. My view was EA could switch something up last minute and burn me on it so I took a step back. Let's see if my gamble pays off, I believe it will!!
  • Jensxn
    173 posts Member
    Options
    I don't feel guilty about savage, since QGJ becomes a poggle that's 20 speed faster thanks to savage, so it's almost balancing for sav to be high up
  • Options
    I have 0 furnaces and x(cant remember) droid callers.
    Can't really say I want to use them yet, because idk who to use them on.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    I have 4 droidcallers just checked, but eh. I'm not gonna hit 74 soon so I'm not too phased.
    And not sure I want to use them on QGJ yet.
  • Options
    I was able to pre-craft 3 drodicallers, and should hit 74 later this week. Debating who to use them on. I have Poggle at 7*, Savage at 7*, QGJ at 6* (will be 7 in about a week), Barris at 6*, and RG at 4*. My original plan was Poggle, Savage, and QGJ, but I'm having second thoughts. All I really care about is the arena, where I had been using a team of Phasma (L), Poggle, Lumi, Sid, and QGJ. But I've started swapping out Sid for RG now that I have him at 4* and gear 8. Gear 9 RG may be even more viable in arena at 4*. Thoughts?
  • Options
    I have 2 droid callers. Poggle to ix, qgj to ix, rg to ix or 5's to x.

I am 74 but waiting for update before deciding.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Well this thread certainly made me feel less guilty. Thanks people! You're the best.
  • Options
    I can't wait to hit arena with my OP characters!!!!
  • P3C0
    38 posts Member
    Options
    I am not in battle with the big guns so this will probably not have any impact on me in the near future but, is this not an exploit?

People have used a flaw (gear requirements which are currently unavailable) in the game to have an unfair advantage over others.
  • Options
    I don't think you can blame players who did this (whether they knew or just got lucky) but it's seriously an unfair advantage that the devs need to do something about.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    P3C0 wrote: »
    I am not in battle with the big guns so this will probably not have any impact on me in the near future but, is this not an exploit?

People have used a flaw (gear requirements which are currently unavailable) in the game to have an unfair advantage over others.

I think it boils down to definitions. Some would justly call it an exploit while others would have equally well founded arguments for it being perfectly natural that you can craft gear that you aren't using right away. Me, I'm somewhere in between.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Heywood wrote: »
    I don't think you can blame players who did this (whether they knew or just got lucky) but it's seriously an unfair advantage that the devs need to do something about.

I agree that this does lead to a very big advantage. Hopefully this will only be for a short while and get evened out in the long run once guilds and raids become a thing.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Make no mistake: this is all on EA/CG's shoulders:
    1. They didn't have to retroactively add new items to old gear. They could have just added it to later-tier items.
    2. They didn't have to roll out this new requirement before the new gear was available.
    3. They didn't have to announce that they were doing this ~18 hours in advance, which any reasonable person would have known would result in a bunch of "haves" and "have nots".
    Maybe they have reasons for all of this, but they are 100% responsible for this situation, not players. And it can't be an exploit because it isn't a bug, and again, happened due to their own deliberate actions.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    I precrafted long before the announcement. I did not see the announcement until after the changes were made.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Make no mistake: this is all on EA/CG's shoulders:
    1. They didn't have to retroactively add new items to old gear. They could have just added it to later-tier items.
    2. They didn't have to roll out this new requirement before the new gear was available.
    3. They didn't have to announce that they were doing this ~18 hours in advance, which any reasonable person would have known would result in a bunch of "haves" and "have nots".
    Maybe they have reasons for all of this, but they are 100% responsible for this situation, not players. And it can't be an exploit because it isn't a bug, and again, happened due to their own deliberate actions.

Agree with all of this. Just lazy deving IMO. Do they care? If people are still spending $, probably not.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options

I don't see how it is an exploit. When I was at lvl 70, I saw pieces of gear for 73 and 74. I figured I'd make some for when the level cap raised. I even made the lvl 79 GS gear piece.

Then ea announced they were going to change the requirements. But still allowed for the gear to be crafted. My view was they could have done a change before announcing the alteration of required reagents. Since there was a warning, it was to allow a moment to craft the gear.
  • Options
    Nebulous wrote: »

I don't see how it is an exploit. When I was at lvl 70, I saw pieces of gear for 73 and 74. I figured I'd make some for when the level cap raised. I even made the lvl 79 GS gear piece.

Then ea announced they were going to change the requirements. But still allowed for the gear to be crafted. My view was they could have done a change before announcing the alteration of required reagents. Since there was a warning, it was to allow a moment to craft the gear.

"Warning" is an ambiguous term here. Typically about 1% of gamers participate in forums. There wasn't a popup in game announcing "use it before you lose it" as far as I'm aware. Saying "changes are coming" isn't the same as saying "do this within the next 18 hours or you are a sucker".
  • Options
    Don't feel bad, enjoy it (till others catch up). As the saying goes..."don't hate the player, hate the game." =]
    I have 99 problems but a Sith ain't one...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Been waiting to see what the update brings before I use them and don't really feel guilty for having them. I come to the forums everyday and stay active so that I can end up with some kind of competitve advantage over others that don't.
    This.

I didn't feel bad about banking energy the day before the cap level increase (which I learned about here - and even how best to do it). That gave me a slight edge (I was about 1 day ahead of everyone else in terms of leveling) which I used. Not really sure how this is different. If you saved up gear for a possible need - and that need presented itself via the forums and information you gleaned by being active and attentive, why not use it?

It's a game. Play to do well. It's not "unfair" or cheating or exploiting anything. If you precrafted you took a gamble. It paid off. Collect your winnings ;)

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

This.

I didn't feel bad about banking energy the day before the cap level increase (which I learned about here - and even how best to do it). That gave me a slight edge (I was about 1 day ahead of everyone else in terms of leveling) which I used. Not really sure how this is different. If you saved up gear for a possible need - and that need presented itself via the forums and information you gleaned by being active and attentive, why not use it?

It's a game. Play to do well. It's not "unfair" or cheating or exploiting anything. If you precrafted you took a gamble. It paid off. Collect your winnings ;)

Yeah those two things aren't really the same at all. Banking extra energy isn't a big deal because anyone can get more energy. Letting some players be at a gear level that is currently impossible for other players is unfair. Like most have said, it's not unfair that some people did it, it's unfair that there is no solution to unbalanced arena.
  • ubn87
    314 posts Member
    Options
    All I can say for today (as I hit 74 today) is RG is a beast at gear 9.
  • P3C0
    38 posts Member
    Options
    I was in two minds whether to brand this as an exploit or not but the deliberate pre-crafting of gear to gain an advantage, in my opinion, is an exploit. Especially as this gear is not avaliable to all..... at this point.

I agree that it is 100% EA/CG's fault in creating this divide. Some people did pre-craft knowing that they would gain an unfair advantage and others simply did not know.

I think it is ridiculous of EA/CG to create a situation where it is possible to benefit from or 'exploit' a change is the game resulting in some players gaining a huge advantage.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options

"Warning" is an ambiguous term here. Typically about 1% of gamers participate in forums. There wasn't a popup in game announcing "use it before you lose it" as far as I'm aware. Saying "changes are coming" isn't the same as saying "do this within the next 18 hours or you are a sucker".

It's not ambiguous. It's pretty clearly a warning. It just may have not hit the bulk of the player base. An in game notice would have been a solid move by ea nonetheless.
  • Options

It's not ambiguous. It's pretty clearly a warning. It just may have not hit the bulk of the player base. An in game notice would have been a solid move by ea nonetheless.

How is it clearly a warning? If there wasn't an in-game notice that said "warning" then I'd say using that term is ambiguous.
  • jeremyj26
    783 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    My solution to this was simple: I won't use any of the gear until they make it available to everyone. Everyone has that choice.
    In retrospect, I wouldn't have made it at all.
    BTW I started a thread along these same lines a week ago and got flamed to a crisp, hope you fare better.

Most people don't like pretentiousness.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    So... As I was saying, it all boils down to definitions. :)
  • Options
    An exploit is, by definition, inherently different to what precrafters have done.
  • Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    So... As I was saying, it all boils down to definitions. :)

Yeah lol. It's all whatever anyway. Doesn't seem like a huge amount of players took advantage from my experience in arena and it will eventually be fixed. My only real complaint is get on with it devs! I'm tired of clicking gear and seeing a blank availability screen...