I precrafted and now I feel bad about it

13Next

Replies

• Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    P3C0 wrote: »
    I was in two minds whether to brand this as an exploit or not but the deliberate pre-crafting of gear to gain an advantage, in my opinion, is an exploit. Especially as this gear is not avaliable to all..... at this point.

I agree that it is 100% EA/CG's fault in creating this divide. Some people did pre-craft knowing that they would gain an unfair advantage and others simply did not know.

I think it is ridiculous of EA/CG to create a situation where it is possible to benefit from or 'exploit' a change is the game resulting in some players gaining a huge advantage.

An exploit is abusing an unintentional bug to gain advantage. This situation was clearly intentional by EA. they told us about it in advance and did not post not to do it.

No different then banking energy. The benefit is larger but the mechanism to gain advantage was the same.
  • Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    I was in two minds whether to brand this as an exploit or not but the deliberate pre-crafting of gear to gain an advantage, in my opinion, is an exploit. Especially as this gear is not avaliable to all..... at this point.

I agree that it is 100% EA/CG's fault in creating this divide. Some people did pre-craft knowing that they would gain an unfair advantage and others simply did not know.

I think it is ridiculous of EA/CG to create a situation where it is possible to benefit from or 'exploit' a change is the game resulting in some players gaining a huge advantage.

An exploit is abusing an unintentional bug to gain advantage. This situation was clearly intentional by EA. they told us about it in advance and did not post not to do it.

No different then banking energy. The benefit is larger but the mechanism to gain advantage was the same.

Again, not the same as banking energy. Anyone can buy more energy at any time. The new gear required is currently IMPOSSIBLE to obtain. It will be fixed, but it's pretty annoying atm.
  • Options
    I've argued at length, on here, that I shouldn't have been allowed to pre-craft. I all but begged the Devs to revert to the old recipes/formulas until the new update was ready to roll-out. They haven't even seen fit to address the issue or respond in any way. Given that, I'm going to use the 3 gears I was able to pre-craft. I wish I couldn't, and I wish this wasn't an issue. It's completely unfair. But it's where we are.
  • Options
    Heywood wrote: »

Again, not the same as banking energy. Anyone can buy more energy at any time. The new gear required is currently IMPOSSIBLE to obtain. It will be fixed, but it's pretty annoying atm.

What he is saying is that people going into the update with banked energy gave them an advantage of leveling faster. Just like precrafted gear allows them to gear faster. You can't go back on either one now that the update is here.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

But anyone could have precrafted...just like anyone could have banked energy. Both would have had an advantage right after the update drop. Neither can be done now (at least not for any kind of advantage). Players that were active on the forums knew about both. Players who were not would have known about neither - I didn't even realize you could "buy" the bonus energy after you had hit the max until I read it here.

It's the same. Regardless as to how many times you or anyone else tries to suggest or explain it's not.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    darkensoul wrote: »

What he is saying is that people going into the update with banked energy gave them an advantage of leveling faster. Just like precrafted gear allows them to gear faster. You can't go back on either one now that the update is here.

Yeah but my point is that pre-crafted gear isn't a matter of being faster. It's a matter of it being IMPOSSIBLE for those who didn't do it. The problem is they changed the gear before the real update where they will make the new gear available. That was just irresponsible.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    @Qeltar they did what they did so whales panic n spend $ before new requirements come into effect

I bet it payed off
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    I actually pre crafted the first back in January for Barriss, so to call people like me for exploiters, is redicueless, how could we know that they would change a couple of months later
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    You are of course entitled to your opinion, but the word that goes before "exploit" is "bug". This wasn't a bug. It was a deliberate change. It was deliberately announced. They knew exactly what they were doing, when and why. All of what happened was intended based on their actions. So I see no reasonable basis for calling it an exploit.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Ztyle wrote: »
    I actually pre crafted the first back in January for Barriss, so to call people like me for exploiters, is redicueless, how could we know that they would change a couple of months later

This is the point. Some of us precrafted well before the Notice to change the materials needed. The idea of it being an exploit is baseless.

As far as @Nonemo, try not to feel bad. But if you do, then It's understandable. It does feel like an advantage. But it wasn't like you caused ea to change it up and then not give a way to acquire the components. The change never should have occurred for any gear that was visible to the player base.
  • Options
    Just don't leave your pre-crafted beasts as the members of your final squad in GW. I have read that the final team you close out GW with can appear for others to fight. (Is that true?) I try to close out with a three or four healer squad rather than damage dealers.

Using precrafted items on say...Barriss...seems fine. Your opposition can work around that. Making 7star GS , Rey, or RG even tougher to face...well...do you really need that advantage?

Still it is not cheating or exploiting. It is not steroids. It is more like race organizers suddenly changing a race course and telling some small percentage of the racers 8 hours in advance. If the racers who know about it prepare, then they are doing nothing wrong (it is the reasonable thing to do), and therefore they have an advantage. The decision to tell some racers of this change? That is mysterious. It almost seems designed to promote inequality.
  • P3C0
    38 posts Member
    Options
    @Qeltar I will maintain my stance on this being an exploit. A change was made to the gearing system making certain items of gear unobtainable in game.

We were given notice of this change which created a window in which people could exploit this and pre-craft items. This in turn created an exploit in which this gear could be equipped (after the change) allowing people to gain the advantage I speak of.

One could argue that there are several words such as glitch or design flaw (the later probably being the most appropriate) which could be used instead of bug. The ability for only certain people to equip gear should be unfair and therefore, a design flaw. Hence my reasoning to call it an exploit.

As the change to the gear was openly advertised, this could be construed as permission to pre-craft and equip before the changes. This I will agree on. But then to go ahead and equip after the change.... really? How can you equip items that don't exist in the game? Design flaw? Bug? Glitch?

Either way, whether it be intentional or not, this is certainly an unfair advantage gained by some people created by EA/CG.

I am not saying that people are wrong for doing it as it may well be an overall accepted exploit. Nevertheless, I still call it an exploit.

By the way, I commend people such as yourself who are not taking advantage.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    @Qeltar I will maintain my stance on this being an exploit. A change was made to the gearing system making certain items of gear unobtainable in game.

We were given notice of this change which created a window in which people could exploit this and pre-craft items. This in turn created an exploit in which this gear could be equipped (after the change) allowing people to gain the advantage I speak of.

One could argue that there are several words such as glitch or design flaw (the later probably being the most appropriate) which could be used instead of bug. The ability for only certain people to equip gear should be unfair and therefore, a design flaw. Hence my reasoning to call it an exploit.

As the change to the gear was openly advertised, this could be construed as permission to pre-craft and equip before the changes. This I will agree on. But then to go ahead and equip after the change.... really? How can you equip items that don't exist in the game? Design flaw? Bug? Glitch?

Either way, whether it be intentional or not, this is certainly an unfair advantage gained by some people created by EA/CG.

I am not saying that people are wrong for doing it as it may well be an overall accepted exploit. Nevertheless, I still call it an exploit.

By the way, I commend people such as yourself who are not taking advantage.

Its not an exploit. Not a glitch. Its not a bug. Its a bad decision made by the company.

Ppl using exploits can get suspended or banned. No one precrafting (no matter how much they do it) will get in any trouble
  • P3C0
    38 posts Member
    Options
    @J0K3R I am well aware of the repercussions. I also do not think that it would be viable to take any retrospective action nor am I calling for any. Primarily due to the reasons mentioned by Ztyle above.

It isn't solely the pre-crafting. Please read thoroughly.
    J0K3R wrote: »
    Its a bad decision made by the company.

Again, one could say that this equates to a design flaw to allow this to happen. It doesn't matter how watered down it is. Will an admission be forthcoming? No.

I get the feeling that the people so virulently in denial are the ones who took advantage and fear possible reprisals. Nothing will happen as the advantage gained will not be permanent nor is it feasible for the developers to undo.

Look, we could argue semantics all night but Im not willing to justify this any further as we are now straying off topic......and I am off to bed.
  • Options
    On the CG/EA side there are 2 options that can resolve this gear issue they are responsible for:

1- Remove the extra unavailable parts from the level 8 gear recipes and involve them in further ranks of gear once both the gear and the materials are available. This would be the right thing to do since the dilution of existing content is an extortionate approach. Simplest and most honest fix to implement.

2- Remove all the pre-crafted gear from players who crafted them and refund them with all the materials involved. This would not be very popular and would infuriate those who spent a lot of real money over 18 hours to exploit the situation on purpose. And also it would not change the fact that adding extra requirement to existing recipes is a lack of concern for existing customers.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    @J0K3R I am well aware of the repercussions. I also do not think that it would be viable to take any retrospective action nor am I calling for any. Primarily due to the reasons mentioned by Ztyle above.

It isn't solely the pre-crafting. Please read thoroughly.
    J0K3R wrote: »
    Its a bad decision made by the company.

Again, one could say that this equates to a design flaw to allow this to happen. It doesn't matter how watered down it is. Will an admission be forthcoming? No.

I get the feeling that the people so virulently in denial are the ones who took advantage and fear possible reprisals. Nothing will happen as the advantage gained will not be permanent nor is it feasible for the developers to undo.

Look, we could argue semantics all night but Im not willing to justify this any further as we are now straying off topic......and I am off to bed.

I havent met one person who thinks there will be reprisals. This didnt just happen. It was a decision made by CG and/or EA. good night
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    DarthGozu wrote: »
    On the CG/EA side there are 2 options that can resolve this gear issue they are responsible for:

1- Remove the extra unavailable parts from the level 8 gear recipes and involve them in further ranks of gear once both the gear and the materials are available. This would be the right thing to do since the dilution of existing content is an extortionate approach. Simplest and most honest fix to implement.

2- Remove all the pre-crafted gear from players who crafted them and refund them with all the materials involved. This would not be very popular and would infuriate those who spent a lot of real money over 18 hours to exploit the situation on purpose. And also it would not change the fact that adding extra requirement to existing recipes is a lack of concern for existing customers.

They could do all that but nothing will happen. Who knows why they added extra gear requirements. But they knew what they are doing. Of course, they can do what they want. They are very smart ppl, they do it for $. There probably is an algorithm they use to calculate new money in vs money lost due to quitting
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Check @Qeltar posts above. They r spot on

I still like the game. I like jesse and john... Its the ppl telling them to do these things i have a thing against