Anyone else having issues with Tier IV tank challenge?

Replies

• Options
    What are you guys missing out on exactly, considering the worthless rewards?

The new rewards are for gear levels 10+, and a lot of toons need loads of them.
  • Options
    Jedi2407 wrote: »
    Jooba wrote: »
    My team is

4* Chewie(L) G6 L68
    4* Poe G8 L70
    4* RG G7 L68
    3* Teebo G4 L66
    6* ST Han G8 L72

Consider Teebo as your leader. Chewie's defense boost doesn't do anything against shatterpoint, but Teebo lead will sometimes give himself stealth, allowing you to reduce his TM more often.

There's a bug occurring where Teebo's leader ability causes his stealth special to end early, causing some unwanted difficulty.
  • Options
    My team is

4* Chewie(L) G6 L68
    4* Poe G8 L70
    4* RG G7 L68
    3* Teebo G4 L66
    6* ST Han G8 L72

Consider Teebo as your leader. Chewie's defense boost doesn't do anything against shatterpoint, but Teebo lead will sometimes give himself stealth, allowing you to reduce his TM more often.

Best not to make Teebo your lead. Let's suppose you do; what will happen? When it's time to face Mace, you activate Scramble Tactics and go into stealth. On Teebo's following turns, his leader ability also has a chance to activate stealth. If it does, it actually removes the Scramble stealth and replaces it with the Guerilla stealth, which only lasts one turn instead of Scramble's three turns. It's a known bug. So don't make him lead, but bring him along for support.
  • Options
    My team is

4* Chewie(L) G6 L68
    4* Poe G8 L70
    4* RG G7 L68
    3* Teebo G4 L66
    6* ST Han G8 L72

Best not to make Teebo your lead. Let's suppose you do; what will happen? When it's time to face Mace, you activate Scramble Tactics and go into stealth. On Teebo's following turns, his leader ability also has a chance to activate stealth. If it does, it actually removes the Scramble stealth and replaces it with the Guerilla stealth, which only lasts one turn instead of Scramble's three turns. It's a known bug. So don't make him lead, but bring him along for support.

Woah...I didn't notice. Good to know. Thanks to you and WildWest1974.
  • Options
    Just beat him quite easily with this team:
    - Teebo 2* (L) lvl 50 G4
    - Chewie 6* lvl 70 G8
    - ST Han 7* lvl 64 G8
    - RG 3* lvl 51 G6
    - Poe 3* lvl 51 G5

Planning to spend some more money and couple of sim to increase evrybody to lvl 60 and G6 or G7 and should be ok. Let see how often I can beat him that easily.
  • Options
    I go with
    7 poe
    5 bobba (lead)
    5 fo trooper
    5 ben
    6 magna guard
    With meh gear (only poe is max geared)

And if i dont sim it i never loose, its s tank challenge lol when mace purs skull on you taunt so he wont start oneshotting. Bingo
  • Options
    Level 73 6* RG, 73 5* Old Ben, 70 7* Mace, 65 6* Finn, 61 6* Poe... it's a snooze. I can auto it and Mace won't even get a turn.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Slayer wrote: »
    In my experience it seems that most of the leaders in the event challenges have higher levels than any level us as players can attain. Therefore you cannot rely on stuns. It takes me 2-3 time to pass a tank challenge using these toons:

Han *7 g8 lv 68 - lead
    Chewie *7 g8 lv 70
    Boba *4 g8 lv 62
    Magna *4 g8 65
    Poe *3 g7 lv 63

Why do you expect a challenge level72, to have a Boss there's under the level of the challenge requirement?
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    I maxed mace for yoda a while back. Pretty much trivializes it... If you haven't invested anything into your tanks, why do you think you deserve to get the rewards from the challenge that is supposed to test your tanks.....?
  • Options
    No.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    My last fight, he resisted all of RG's stuns; couldn't stun him once. =\

And RG is the most reliable stunner in my roster.

Thats what keeps happening to me. I cant hit a stun.
    Roster : taebo(lead) *4 g5 lv 50
    RG *4 g6 lv 50
    Fives *4 g6 lv 50
    Mace *4 g7 lv 60
    Plo *4 g7 lv 60

I cant stun him. Even if i suck his turn meter with taebo he somehow immediatly regains 90% of it (when he was at 70% before i took it) and insta kills one of my guys. Even if they would.have survived. His droids hit 3 to 4k damage. Just enough for mace to consistantly ohko anyone on my roster.

I just cant justify bumping all the lvls for tanks i dont use anywhere but that challenge.

You're not going to be a level 72 challenge with level 50 heroes. Play on lower tiers. You can try to play the higher tiers (you don't "use" a battle if you lose, of course) - but if you're losing more than 75% of the time, drop down a tier until you star, level and gear those tanks a bit more.

exactly! oh no i can't beat a lvl 72 challenge with midlevel heros, it must be ****! there's plenty of legitimate gripes to have with this game but this challenge is not one of them
  • Mizo
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Since I started hitting the support droids every other hit or every 2/3 hits I haven't had a problem with Mace. Says todo so in the instructions. Royal Guard and Poe and your own mace help keep him stunned and exposed. I've only lost 1 time.
    RG
    Mace
    Fett
    Poe
    Fives
  • Options
    Mace's normal attack 1-hit KO, speed, and resist-rate is what ruins it for me.

Yeah man that 1-hit KO to my level 70 G8 chewy made me just say it's all good. I'll be back in a few weeks.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Though this challenge isn't too hard I'm not even bothering to play it, there is nothing in there I need enough to waste credits and all that on tanks I'll never use anywhere else
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Error.
    Post edited by ShaolinPunk on
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    This might be you:
    pLeabzO.jpg

This is Tank Challenge Tier IV:
    ROUslJo.jpg

Time to promote and level up your stuffs.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Guppy
    75 posts Member
    Options
    Teebo lead and RG. Fill in the rest. He never gets to make a move.
  • Yarzahn
    329 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    My last fight, he resisted all of RG's stuns; couldn't stun him once. =\

And RG is the most reliable stunner in my roster.

Thats what keeps happening to me. I cant hit a stun.
    Roster : taebo(lead) *4 g5 lv 50
    RG *4 g6 lv 50
    Fives *4 g6 lv 50
    Mace *4 g7 lv 60
    Plo *4 g7 lv 60

I cant stun him. Even if i suck his turn meter with taebo he somehow immediatly regains 90% of it (when he was at 70% before i took it) and insta kills one of my guys. Even if they would.have survived. His droids hit 3 to 4k damage. Just enough for mace to consistantly ohko anyone on my roster.

I just cant justify bumping all the lvls for tanks i dont use anywhere but that challenge.

The problem is royal guard potency. GEAR HIM. Stars do not matter.
    At gear VII he gets like 30% potency and at gear 8 i think some more.
    He WILL land a lot of stuns then. You should still use chewbacca and teebo for turn meter spam.

Teebo is slow and he drains 75% turn meter, not 100%. He cannot keep him from attacking alone, he just gives your RG and your chewbacca more procs on their basics (speed down on RG helps too).
    It wont work 100% of the time, but it works often enough. Just GEAR THAT ROYAL GUARD UP
  • Options
    It's not impossible. I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home. They're not much bigger than Mace Windu.
  • Everest
    6 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Honestly I think focusing on levels isn't the best strategy here. Using the right characters is far more important. For instance, characters like Boba and JKG are relatively useless in this challenge regardless of their levels and stars.

I really haven't worked on my lineup very much, and I've done the challenge... I think this is the fourth day I've done it since getting to 72? Out of those 20 tries I've only lost once, to some amusingly bad RNG.

Here's my lineup:
    Teebo (L) 4* g6 lvl50
    RG 3* g6 lvl52
    stHan 5* g8 lvl64
    Chewie 4* g6 lvl61
    Poe 4* g8 lvl66

Four of these characters remove turn meter, and the fifth gets in the occasional stun. Even at gear 6 RG will stun 10% or so of the time and I find I really don't need more. Eventually I'll gear him up so I can auto the challenge since it'll get tedious in the coming weeks, but for now I don't mind doing it manually. Watching the AI auto this challenge is irritating anyway since I'll have three taunts going off in one turn and then for a change of pace a defense up. Just what the doctor ordered.
  • Jaesyn_Beaz
    412 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    That's weird. I've only lost the new level twice since I got to 72. I'm now 73. I haven't spent a dime on this game and have a reliable top 30 arena team and 6 decently leveled tanks including a 4 star fully geared RG, a 6 star 8 gear Han, 4 star 7 gear Poe, 4 star 6 gear Chewbacca, 4 star 7 gear Mace and 3 star 6 gear fost. The first 5 gets me a win in this challenge nearly every time.
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • Options
    Solution:

For a limited time, purchase the Tank One Time Upgrade Bundle...$39.99

1st Drop: Teebo OR character shards
    2nd Drop: 2 Chewie shards
    3rd Drop: 100k credits
    4th Drop: 2 green ability mats

You're welcome.
  • Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    Run Teebo as lead with RG and 3 other tanks. Between stuns and TM loss, it;s easy again like the previous tier. Chewie's also helpful with 50% chance to remove TM on primary attack.

This. When his game is on, it's funny watching Teebo resets Mace's TM while RG continuously stun him.
  • FishyFellow
    13 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Royal guard is the key.
  • Options
    It's weird how it rolls though, my RG is at 80% stun, gear 7 almost 8 and this last round I hit Mace 5 times before he wiped everyone out and not a single stun. On top of the my Boba leader has never revived in however many tries I've done.

Honestly I enjoy the challenge I prefer having to work for it instead of autoing everything.

I haven't been tracking but I'm probably at 50% win lose
  • Options
    Guppy wrote: »
    Teebo lead and RG. Fill in the rest. He never gets to make a move.
    Lol, little teddy bear is a demon
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.
  • Options
    7* Han, mace (lvl 70 for both). 5* old Ben(70), 4* Boba and chewie(55)

Never have a problem
  • Options
    I literally went from not taking a single hit from Mace to entire team being taken out in 1 hit from normal attack, one by one, each turn.

Same here , time to sink some resources into those chars , used to auto this all the time .
  • Jdm1a0
    180 posts Member
    Options
    Just use tim teebo
  • Options
    I have Poe, Mace Windu maxed and 7*, 5* lvl 70 Old Ben, and a 40-something plo koon and chewie. I haven't lost yet, but he has come close to taking me out.