HOW CAN ZETA CRUNCH BE OVERCOMED ?

Prev1
Universe_Ruler
28 posts Member
edited July 1
Zeta crunch is really a big problem. Just wondering when will the new Zeta bonus drops will come and what will be the requirements ?
Post edited by Universe_Ruler on

Replies

• Options
    I really feel there is much need for extra Zeta. Either by Zeta bonus drops or Zeta can be added in daily challenges also
  • Options
    Daily 1 Zeta should be given on completing all daily tasks
  • Options
    Zeta drops should be done atleast 1 or more every month
  • herd_nerfer
    2128 posts Member
    Options
    Milk.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Decicrim
    248 posts Member
    Options
    Its crap value but you can always buy zetas with Mk3 raid currency, you technically can get 5 per week if you are getting the 5250 per raid. If you have more R8/9 mats than signal data like me then i don't mind buy a zeta here every now and then

And buy that new ascension pack $10 for 15 zetas buy far they best value in the game
  • Options
    If you get first place in fleet arena everyday, you’ll get enough of the fleet currency for 27 mats a month. That’s not even counting events, TBs, TWs, and daily logins. There’s plenty if you’re not placing zetas on every character you unlock, especially early in the game
  • MrRandyWatson
    277 posts Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    If you get first place in fleet arena everyday, you’ll get enough of the fleet currency for 27 mats a month. That’s not even counting events, TBs, TWs, and daily logins. There’s plenty if you’re not placing zetas on every character you unlock, especially early in the game

You're correct, but the zeta economy was built before LSB came into the game. If you're a LSB purchaser (which CG wishes/hopes/wants this to be 100% of players) you are behind on zetas with no real way to boost the supply to bring you back to parity with the current economy.

For example, I have a fully built relic Mon Mothma team with zero zetas on anyone and a fully built relic Phoenix team with 1 zeta (both LSB purchases). I also have a fully built Cere/Malicos UFU team with all necessary zetas.

The economy supports my natural UFU team building progression but I don't ever see a day my MM or Phoenix team gets their zetas in the current economy. Essentially, you can keep up but you can't ever get caught up from a LSB.
  • Bander71
    29 posts Member
    Options
    Those ascension.packs were decent hopefully they come back again.
  • Options
    Credit card
  • Options
    My GLs are missing 2 zetas, my relics are missing 12 meaningful zetas, CAT Maul and SK dont have any gear because i cant zeta them before the naboo raid toons.
    I play this game for 2,5 years, theres no much zetas for me because the new toons and teams requires way more zetas, theres no plenty, even for my easy arena shard payout.
  • Options
    By fixing the unkillable GG. That’d be a start..
  • _Marec_
    133 posts Member
    Options
    There is unfortunately no easy answer to overcome the Zeta crunch aside from time (in years).

Fleet Arena and GAC are your best bets, but if you bought LSB then you'll be effectively placing yourself months behind on Zeta farming for those relic characters that otherwise would've had their Zetas had they been naturally farmed.

Imo, this crunch is a deterrent to buying future LSB. That is, until CG addresses the Zeta shortage in a meaningful way and fixes bugged Zeta events, like Immortal GG in Defense of Dathomir.
  • MaxBane
    25 posts Member
    Options
    They could rework the omega battles and add a tier for zetas.
  • TVF
    36838 posts Member
    Options

You're correct, but the zeta economy was built before LSB came into the game. If you're a LSB purchaser (which CG wishes/hopes/wants this to be 100% of players) you are behind on zetas with no real way to boost the supply to bring you back to parity with the current economy.

For example, I have a fully built relic Mon Mothma team with zero zetas on anyone and a fully built relic Phoenix team with 1 zeta (both LSB purchases). I also have a fully built Cere/Malicos UFU team with all necessary zetas.

The economy supports my natural UFU team building progression but I don't ever see a day my MM or Phoenix team gets their zetas in the current economy. Essentially, you can keep up but you can't ever get caught up from a LSB.

This is intentional
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

This is intentional

No its not. It would be intentional if they routinely sold zeta packs with or around LSB.
    This is classic 'create a problem and sell us the solution' but they've forgotten to sell us the solution.
  • TVF
    36838 posts Member
    edited July 2
    Options

This is intentional

No its not. It would be intentional if they routinely sold zeta packs with or around LSB.
    This is classic 'create a problem and sell us the solution' but they've forgotten to sell us the solution.

I don't need zetas so I'm not really paying attention but I'm reasonably sure they have been selling zetas on occasion recently, and I would not be surprised to see it ramp up more.
  • herd_nerfer
    2128 posts Member
    Options

This is intentional

Wasn't there very recently a $10 pack with both omis and zetas?
  • TVF
    36838 posts Member
    Options

This is intentional

Wasn't there very recently a $10 pack with both omis and zetas?

There you go.
  • Pulsipher
    510 posts Member
    Options
    It’s okay if there are shortages- forces us to make choices so rosters are not carbon copies of each other. I would hoard and use them only on the highest priorities - like your GLs. These strong GLs will eventually lead you to more zetas while some of the auxiliary characters that you are spending zetas on you won’t use in six months.
  • Options

This is intentional

I don't need zetas so I'm not really paying attention but I'm reasonably sure they have been selling zetas on occasion recently, and I would not be surprised to see it ramp up more.

ye they are all ways selling zetas and some times omis to i tend to buy them.
  • Salatious_Scrum
    2411 posts Member
    edited July 2
    Options

LSBs are a double edged sword. As it should be. You get quite a few reliced characters, but on the flip side you don’t get ability materials or mods. That is balanced. So yes, you shouldn’t get handed other things on the platter because you decided to open your wallet.

Why do you feel entitled to being able to purchase zeta materials in addition to the existing LSBs? You’ve already bypassed the amount of time to farm and gear characters by going to LSB route
  • Georgee
    87 posts Member
    Options

I use fleet shop to feed shard shop 360 purchases. Seems like not doing it would slow down characters development a lot. Is there any consensus about what the best use of the fleet currency is?
  • Options
    Georgee wrote: »
    I use fleet shop to feed shard shop 360 purchases. Seems like not doing it would slow down characters development a lot. Is there any consensus about what the best use of the fleet currency is?

Depends on where you’re at in the game. For anyone with a zeta surplus then get SSC. Early game you should be getting ship shards, then zeta mats until you’re at a surplus
  • herd_nerfer
    2128 posts Member
    edited July 2
    Options

Unless you're swimming in zeta mats and can't spend them fast enough - always, always, always spend fleet currency on zeta mats.

edit: unless you're farming ships with fleet currency - that's also a good use for it.
  • Morgoth01
    533 posts Member
    Options

Best use by far is Zetas.
    Short term you might need gear more, but mid and long term you will need Zetas more and not at all gear.

Even the Zeta crunch mostly go away, but gear crunch goes away long before.
  • Pulsipher
    510 posts Member
    Options
    I had not encountered anyone using fleet currency to fuel the shard shop. I don’t need zetas but I always use fleet currency in zeta mats.
  • Options
    Pulsipher wrote: »
    I had not encountered anyone using fleet currency to fuel the shard shop. I don’t need zetas but I always use fleet currency in zeta mats.

I do!
  • Options
    Daily 1 Zeta should be given on completing all daily tasks

CG would say "nah! We will omit 2-4 zetas instead from Dathomir, so you will buy more of our $10 zetas/omis".
    Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey | NORDIC KINGDOM is recruiting
  • Georgee
    87 posts Member
    Options
    Pulsipher wrote: »

Well, you did now. Farming all those MK6 Medpacks and the likes drives me crazy.
  • Options

LSBs are a double edged sword. As it should be. You get quite a few reliced characters, but on the flip side you don’t get ability materials or mods. That is balanced. So yes, you shouldn’t get handed other things on the platter because you decided to open your wallet.

Why do you feel entitled to being able to purchase zeta materials in addition to the existing LSBs? You’ve already bypassed the amount of time to farm and gear characters by going to LSB route

When did I say I was entitled to more zetas? I said CG has missed the mark on zeta demand with the addition of LSB and they should be selling zeta packs to correct the market while making money.

I'm sure you've noticed that signal data and kyros are also major bottlenecks for most players? I'm also certain you've noticed 10,000 packs to buy both of those every single week? You're going to suggest that CG shouldn't capitalize on zetas the same way because why?