To my fellow ocean dwellers

Replies

• Options
    chainsaw wrote: »
    Naecabon wrote: »
    I'm a whale and I love this patch.

Give me a Commander Cody Aurodium and I'll slam $200 on that sucker in no time~

Whales like you are why they can get away with anything. The COMMUNITY doesn't like this update. A few of you liking it is not good for the game

The community of this forum is full of a bunch of whiney crybabies that don't use information and basic logic to determine the best course of action 98% of the time.

If anything, I'll take intelligent changes that actually improve the game over the whims of the "community" any day. If the community had their way we'd all be playing Hello Kitty Island Adventure with lightsabers.

Enlighten us. How are these changes intelligent?

Here's a tip...on the tarkin/veers challenge...instead of clicking the auto button like everyone did in the past....Take out one support droid to get armor penetration, then do a couple rounds on the generals, once armor penetration wears out, take out the other support droid. Use Lumi for ability block as needed. This was from a fellow player....see, it's not that hard...

Yeah did that nibblenuts, with a team of maxed toons, and got 1 shotted by veers, no where near beating him, and not even on the hardest challenge. But hey, since you seem to think all these seasoned players suddenly developed amnesia, why don't you tell us another strategy smh
    I don't think he knows about the advantage change. The bosses have a ton of defense, and now armor penetration is gone f
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    Options

Whales like you are why they can get away with anything. The COMMUNITY doesn't like this update. A few of you liking it is not good for the game

The community of this forum is full of a bunch of whiney crybabies that don't use information and basic logic to determine the best course of action 98% of the time.

If anything, I'll take intelligent changes that actually improve the game over the whims of the "community" any day. If the community had their way we'd all be playing Hello Kitty Island Adventure with lightsabers.

Here's a tip...on the tarkin/veers challenge...instead of clicking the auto button like everyone did in the past....Take out one support droid to get armor penetration, then do a couple rounds on the generals, once armor penetration wears out, take out the other support droid. Use Lumi for ability block as needed. This was from a fellow player....see, it's not that hard...

Yeah did that nibblenuts, with a team of maxed toons, and got 1 shotted by veers, no where near beating him, and not even on the hardest challenge. But hey, since you seem to think all these seasoned players suddenly developed amnesia, why don't you tell us another strategy smh

I'm not taking anyone's side. But I have to applaud the use of the term "nibblenuts"
  • Options
    Ouchie wrote: »
    I made a picture for you all
    2mhskl2.jpg

This was the first thing I thought of when the update hit. And I was going to post it in the thread I will make tomorrow. Sadly, you beat to it.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    Look.. I am going to continue to think that "nibblenuts" refers to squirrels.
    There is lots of good information in this thread. Let's not ruin it with personal attacks.
    Ok?
  • Options

Try using Vaders force crush :)
  • Options
    The problem is spending time and money to get the characters you need to succeede only to have them become weaker and have to start over while at the same time the cap level has been increased so now it's spend much more money for characters to expand I would love to do that without spending an arm and a leg but can't and keep up with the level cap increase.
  • clawsofhonor
    370 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Im deleting this post and another post because it will prob result in me going away which will result in the thread going away, and I think this is a good thread. I say this so a certain mod who DIDN'T post in this thread doesn't think he was the reason Im deleting them. What I said last to you in pm still stands
    Post edited by clawsofhonor on
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options

THIS is the problem. There is no armor penetration now. Advantage was changed. and I never autoed that one. I actually enjoyed it

I wouldn't really call it a problem. I'd call it a feature.
  • Options
    Yep, we paid to drive a Ferrari and it suddenly turned into a Volkswagen!
    Enough is enough. We are the game. Without us it simply disappears. We, the whales, the dolphins, the kraken, the guppies. If we stop spending en masse, positive changes will be made, or the game will die and we save our money for better things. Either way, we win. I see the majority of forum posters disliking the majority of updates especially this one, yet most of the spenders keep spending. We either have re tards or Peg Bundy developing the game. Lets be realistic, the devs are probably fresh out of high school. This update sure looks like a "common core" approach to balancing the game to me.

I notice that most of the minority of people that like this update are f2p. They like this update because now they feel this will even things out, or maybe even force whales and spenders to bail. Meanwhile the majority who hate this update are spenders, or people who have worked their rears off to make their teams, among others who see just how stupid or greedy this update and others have been. I say give the minority what they wish. Lets stop spending. Not a cent. It is the only way to retaliate against a company that repeatedly ignores what the majority of its players want, f2p and p2w alike. Start standing up to this cr appy company. Ive been doing it for over a month. If I can do it, so can you

Yep, we paid to drive a Ferrari and it suddenly turned into a Volkswagen!
    I think I'll take a break and come back in a few days to see if they manage to reason something out of this mess.
  • Options
    In what will probably be my last post, I quote an old psa on drugs.... JUST SAY NO. In this situation, to spending even a cent more on this now broken game, or this greedy company
  • Options
    some people seem to think i'm a whale.

i really like this patch. they succeeded in slowing the pace of battles, which i like. it makes combat less about who can do damage the quickest, and adds value to strategy and controlling the fight.

apparently the challenges are more difficult? i still won the str challenge on full auto, even though my team decided to kill both droids before attacking tarkin and veers >.<

anyways, if you're a whale, you should like this patch (see, i can do it too. telling you what your opinion should be).
  • Options
    Look.. I am going to continue to think that "nibblenuts" refers to squirrels.
    There is lots of good information in this thread. Let's not ruin it with personal attacks.
    Ok?

Thats the only reason I retyped a post on this thread. Because you got me to thinking the thread should be salvaged
  • Options
    I think this is backward. Spenders should love this update. Spenders can change arena teams quickly; spenders can clear GW with a different squad every couple nodes; spenders can clear challenges with maxed out teams. And now spenders can use their favorite characters instead of just the OP toons. It's the F2P players who are probably most frustrated. F2P players have focused on an arena team with meta toons, and they clear GW and challenges using teams much weaker than their arena team. Now arena will have diversity, top 10 will probably be determined more by using crystal refreshes than having an unbeatable team. F2P players will have to make *choices* about how to allocate resources, resulting in lower arena rankings or tougher GW/challenges.
  • Options
    My prediction.... Tomorrow mid-day all those that say "Give it a day, give it a few days, don't jump to conclusions" will be making anti update threads that conveniently leave out the fact they were supportive of the update today
  • chainsaw
    359 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    My prediction.... Tomorrow mid-day all those that say "Give it a day, give it a few days, don't jump to conclusions" will be making anti update threads that conveniently leave out the fact they were supportive of the update today

My prediction...all the people claiming they quit...will still be here tomorrow crying and whining and playing
  • Options
    Yea right. Because this game is just so much fun nowdays lol
  • Options
    Alita wrote: »

i really like this patch. they succeeded in slowing the pace of battles, which i like. it makes combat less about who can do damage the quickest, and adds value to strategy and controlling the fight.

apparently the challenges are more difficult? i still won the str challenge on full auto, even though my team decided to kill both droids before attacking tarkin and veers >.<

anyways, if you're a whale, you should like this patch (see, i can do it too. telling you what your opinion should be).

I just became an ex-whale and though I was really open minded about the patch, willing to give it a try, and I did, I am extremely disapointed so far.
    No need for both protection AND damage nerf, one of the two would have been sufficient.
    And GW just became near impossible to complete, and I have a *deep* roster and finish first in my server most times.
    Also, the feeling of satisfaction of farming and gearing a toon like FOTP for months to star 7 and gear 8 is great, then you see him nerfed and become irrelevent for your Arena squad leaves a very bitter taste in your mouth.
    Not that many people will take this well, if you've been reading the threads tonight you know this.

For the first time tonight, since I started playing over three months ago, I had absolutely no enthusiasm about farming and gear grinding, I just don't even know which toon to farm or which gear to grind, and actually, I didn't even feel like I cared anymore.
    Like, what for?
    Farm toons for one, two, three more months, get excited as they become ready to enter your Arena squad and then a week or two later get a patch that nerfs them again?

Thanks but, no more...
  • Options
    Im not telling anyone to leave the game btw. At least I don't think I did, although that alzheimers is a pain sometimes. I'm encouraging EVERY SINGLE PLAYER to go free to play. I'm encouraging spenders to stand up not just for themselves, but for the f2p players who this will negatively impact as well.
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    This game is fun. You want to know what makes it fun even though the game might go a little crazy? My guild. The greatest group of people around. They make the insanity not only bearable, but entertaining. Funny, smart, and helpful people. I love em.

Thank you »GYST« family!
  • clawsofhonor
    370 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

I just became an ex-whale and though I was really open minded about the patch, willing to give it a try, and I did, I am extremely disapointed so far.
    No need for both protection AND damage nerf, one of the two would have been sufficient.
    And GW just became near impossible to complete, and I have a *deep* roster and finish first in my server most times.
    Also, the feeling of satisfaction of farming and gearing a toon like FOTP for months to star 7 and gear 8 is great, then you see him nerfed and become irrelevent for your Arena squad leaves a very bitter taste in your mouth.
    Not that many people will take this well, if you've been reading the threads tonight you know this.

For the first time tonight, since I started playing over three months ago, I had absolutely no enthusiasm about farming and gear grinding, I just don't even know which toon to farm or which gear to grind, and actually, I didn't even feel like I cared anymore.
    Like, what for?
    Farm toons for one, two, three more months, get excited as they become ready to enter your Arena squad and then a week or two later get a patch that nerfs them again?

Thanks but, no more...

Like, what for?

Thanks but, no more...

This. This is me with the only difference being I went f2p over a month ago. If devs would fix the glitches, and let the COMMUNITY vote on the course and additions to the game, I would be more than happy to start spending again. However the devs do the exact opposite, fixing few glitches and player dislikes, and adding asinine new features that either completely destroy the game and alienate the majority, or are pure money grabs. It shows players that what they want doesn't matter to the company, as long as the money keeps rolling in. Today is a perfect example. They roll out new in app purchases. Not with the update, or after, but before. They knew this update was not going to be liked by the player base, but they wanted money
  • Slek
    21 posts Member
    Options
    Useless post
  • Options
    Slek wrote: »
    Useless post

Agreed. Why did you make it?
  • Slek
    21 posts Member
    Options
    Keep crying noob
  • Options
    Slek wrote: »
    Useless post

I guess you're right, whatever we post in here is pretty much ignored by the devs so, yeah, what we post is pretty much useless.
    See, I can even make a troll sound smart!

Say, "Thanks uncle Pai!"
  • Options
    Thanks uncle Pai. Now if you could just make him into a pair of shoes or a toilet, I'd give you my house
  • Options
    Ouchie wrote: »

I'm not taking anyone's side. But I have to applaud the use of the term "nibblenuts"

+1
  • Ekucha
    26 posts Member
    Options
    1986_beached_whales_in_Flinders_Bay_(2).JPG

Lmfao. This is exactly what this post is about
  • Options
    wait a tick. Didn't I see slek come out in a thread last week or so where chainsaw was being picked on???
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options

This. This is me with the only difference being I went f2p over a month ago. If devs would fix the glitches, and let the COMMUNITY vote on the course and additions to the game, I would be more than happy to start spending again. However the devs do the exact opposite, fixing few glitches and player dislikes, and adding asinine new features that either completely destroy the game and alienate the majority, or are pure money grabs. It shows players that what they want doesn't matter to the company, as long as the money keeps rolling in. Today is a perfect example. They roll out new in app purchases. Not with the update, or after, but before. They knew this update was not going to be liked by the player base, but they wanted money

Again, the community does not determine the path of a game's development because the community are not game developers. Plenty here have shown time and time again that they have no idea what they're doing and are not able to make the best decisions regarding how a game's design should be.

The community will never, and rightfully should never, have control over a game's development. If you want that, make your own game.
  • Options
    Thanks uncle Pai. Now if you could just make him into a pair of shoes or a toilet, I'd give you my house

You can keep your house my friend, I'll do it for free!
    And even better, I'll turn him into a shoe shaped toilet where you can flush all the nerfed toons you paid for and been farming for months!