To my fellow ocean dwellers

13Next

Replies

• Options
    Score!!!! You, sir, are a most righteous and awesome Darth!!
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks uncle Pai!

See? I did the thing!
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    benacrow wrote: »
    Thanks uncle Pai!

See? I did the thing!

So that's your other account?
  • Options
    Score!!!! You, sir, are a most righteous and awesome Darth!!

High fives! :)
  • clawsofhonor
    370 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Naecabon wrote: »

This. This is me with the only difference being I went f2p over a month ago. If devs would fix the glitches, and let the COMMUNITY vote on the course and additions to the game, I would be more than happy to start spending again. However the devs do the exact opposite, fixing few glitches and player dislikes, and adding asinine new features that either completely destroy the game and alienate the majority, or are pure money grabs. It shows players that what they want doesn't matter to the company, as long as the money keeps rolling in. Today is a perfect example. They roll out new in app purchases. Not with the update, or after, but before. They knew this update was not going to be liked by the player base, but they wanted money

Again, the community does not determine the path of a game's development because the community are not game developers. Plenty here have shown time and time again that they have no idea what they're doing and are not able to make the best decisions regarding how a game's design should be.

The community will never, and rightfully should never, have control over a game's development. If you want that, make your own game.

You have a right to that opinion, and I can appreciate it. However I disagree. The devs could come up with ideas, for future features and game ideas, either by listening to individual ideas from the community and choosing 1 or 2, or by listing dev ideas, and letting the community vote on them. That idea is vastly better than coming up with ideas in secret, which these devs are notorious for, and then dropping these horrid ideas on the players and making everyone furious. As I said before, this game, and EVERY CONSUMABLE OR ENTERTAINMENT PRODUCT IN EXISTANCE, exists solely to make profit. If you anger the people with the money, your business dies. However if you implement things your customers as a majority want, it entices them to spend money, and you succeed
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    benacrow wrote: »
    Thanks uncle Pai!

See? I did the thing!

So that's your other account?

Um no? I was browsing, saw an opportunity to post, and posted...
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    I consider myself a lobster. Pay a little, play a lot, but so far under the whales radar that it's not even a major concern lol

But seriously, I don't think this update helped F2P more... Most that like the update either
    a. Haven't had to do a full GW with it yet
    b. Did all their challenges this morning and have NO idea what they will wake up to tomorrow
    c. Actually haven't done a thing outside of playing their 5 arena battles and maybe the Ewok and Omega challenge. (Btw SOOOO glad I decided to 6* ST Han).
    AegisSaige wrote: »
    I'm hardly a whale, having only spend around 300 bucks on the game, over 6 months. But I'm done spending money. Not quitting (yet), but it's pointless to continue dumping cash on a game that's spiraling out of control. I even have a squad I built for this patch (Savage, Teebo (L), Fives, Kylo Ren, GS), and while my Arena matches are easier, the game itself is far less fun. The patch has killed my enjoyment, even though I can still complete everything. It just turned it all into work.
    Enough is enough. We are the game. Without us it simply disappears. We, the whales, the dolphins, the kraken, the guppies. If we stop spending en masse, positive changes will be made, or the game will die and we save our money for better things. Either way, we win. I see the majority of forum posters disliking the majority of updates especially this one, yet most of the spenders keep spending. We either have re tards or Peg Bundy developing the game. Lets be realistic, the devs are probably fresh out of high school. This update sure looks like a "common core" approach to balancing the game to me.

I notice that most of the minority of people that like this update are f2p. They like this update because now they feel this will even things out, or maybe even force whales and spenders to bail. Meanwhile the majority who hate this update are spenders, or people who have worked their rears off to make their teams, among others who see just how stupid or greedy this update and others have been. I say give the minority what they wish. Lets stop spending. Not a cent. It is the only way to retaliate against a company that repeatedly ignores what the majority of its players want, f2p and p2w alike. Start standing up to this cr appy company. Ive been doing it for over a month. If I can do it, so can you
    AegisSaige wrote: »
    I'm hardly a whale, having only spend around 300 bucks on the game, over 6 months. But I'm done spending money. Not quitting (yet), but it's pointless to continue dumping cash on a game that's spiraling out of control. I even have a squad I built for this patch (Savage, Teebo (L), Fives, Kylo Ren, GS), and while my Arena matches are easier, the game itself is far less fun. The patch has killed my enjoyment, even though I can still complete everything. It just turned it all into work.

Bottom line my top players now suck! I spent tons of time as a posed to money. I have spent in total around 60 bucks. But I've been here since the start every day and every night. And I have a kick **** line up! Or I guess HAD! I honestly feel cheated. I loved the game before but I just hope this doesn't continue in this direction!!
  • Options
    Alita wrote: »
    some people seem to think i'm a whale.

i really like this patch. they succeeded in slowing the pace of battles, which i like. it makes combat less about who can do damage the quickest, and adds value to strategy and controlling the fight.

apparently the challenges are more difficult? i still won the str challenge on full auto, even though my team decided to kill both droids before attacking tarkin and veers >.<

anyways, if you're a whale, you should like this patch (see, i can do it too. telling you what your opinion should be).

I just became an ex-whale and though I was really open minded about the patch, willing to give it a try, and I did, I am extremely disapointed so far.
    No need for both protection AND damage nerf, one of the two would have been sufficient.
    And GW just became near impossible to complete, and I have a *deep* roster and finish first in my server most times.
    Also, the feeling of satisfaction of farming and gearing a toon like FOTP for months to star 7 and gear 8 is great, then you see him nerfed and become irrelevent for your Arena squad leaves a very bitter taste in your mouth.
    Not that many people will take this well, if you've been reading the threads tonight you know this.

For the first time tonight, since I started playing over three months ago, I had absolutely no enthusiasm about farming and gear grinding, I just don't even know which toon to farm or which gear to grind, and actually, I didn't even feel like I cared anymore.
    Like, what for?
    Farm toons for one, two, three more months, get excited as they become ready to enter your Arena squad and then a week or two later get a patch that nerfs them again?

Thanks but, no more...

+1
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options

This. This is me with the only difference being I went f2p over a month ago. If devs would fix the glitches, and let the COMMUNITY vote on the course and additions to the game, I would be more than happy to start spending again. However the devs do the exact opposite, fixing few glitches and player dislikes, and adding asinine new features that either completely destroy the game and alienate the majority, or are pure money grabs. It shows players that what they want doesn't matter to the company, as long as the money keeps rolling in. Today is a perfect example. They roll out new in app purchases. Not with the update, or after, but before. They knew this update was not going to be liked by the player base, but they wanted money

Again, the community does not determine the path of a game's development because the community are not game developers. Plenty here have shown time and time again that they have no idea what they're doing and are not able to make the best decisions regarding how a game's design should be.

The community will never, and rightfully should never, have control over a game's development. If you want that, make your own game.

You have a right to that opinion, and I can appreciate it. However I disagree. The devs could come up with ideas, for future features and game ideas, either by listening to individual ideas from the community and choosing 1 or 2, or by listing dev ideas, and letting the community vote on them. That idea is vastly better than coming up with ideas in secret, which these devs are notorious for, and then dropping these horrid ideas on the players and making everyone furious. As I said before, this game, and EVERY CONSUMABLE OR ENTERTAINMENT PRODUCT IN EXISTANCE, exists solely to make profit. If you anger the people with the money, your business dies. However if you implement things your customers as a majority want, it entices them to spend money, and you succeed

Asking the users their opinions on things never gets the desired result of a non-bias opinion. This is the nature of the beast. Everyone has toons they favor, investments of gear/time they've made on specific areas and characters, and ways of playing the game they are more partial to.

Developers have to be the ones that take a step back and make the tough decisions free of bias. This isn't a popularity contest, they don't care if X amount of people are happy and Y amount of people are mad. They're trying to make a better game.

If their goal is to have this game be around for years, figuring out what needs to be done and creating a better skeleton NOW is how they accomplish the game lasting for a LOT longer. All of these people complaining in the forum, all of these people upset that their fragile little worlds were rocked, will not matter in the big picture.

Let me say that again: reality check - you don't matter.

Everyone loves saying that to us whales when we get mad at something, and believe me when I say I'm thrilled to be able to be the one saying it back to the community on this one. You don't matter. They don't care. Like it or not, the game is better off by these changes and they won't be going back.

Don't like the new game? Don't play. There's the door. Plenty of us do and will continue to. I like the game more today than I did yesterday. I respect the devs and their design more today than I did yesterday.

None of these ideas were secret. They said weeks ago a major rebalance was coming. Anyone that spent everything they had on characters before this change, and now feel slighted for doing so, have only themselves to blame. It's your fault. Next time, wait. Don't put eggs in a basket without knowing what the basket is actually made out of. If you'd just stockpiled and waited like a lot of us, you'd be quite happy with what this patch has to offer.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    chainsaw wrote: »
    I'm a whale and I love this patch.

Give me a Commander Cody Aurodium and I'll slam $200 on that sucker in no time~

Whales like you are why they can get away with anything. The COMMUNITY doesn't like this update. A few of you liking it is not good for the game

The community of this forum is full of a bunch of whiney crybabies that don't use information and basic logic to determine the best course of action 98% of the time.

If anything, I'll take intelligent changes that actually improve the game over the whims of the "community" any day. If the community had their way we'd all be playing Hello Kitty Island Adventure with lightsabers.

Enlighten us. How are these changes intelligent?

Here's a tip...on the tarkin/veers challenge...instead of clicking the auto button like everyone did in the past....Take out one support droid to get armor penetration, then do a couple rounds on the generals, once armor penetration wears out, take out the other support droid. Use Lumi for ability block as needed. This was from a fellow player....see, it's not that hard...

Yeah did that nibblenuts, with a team of maxed toons, and got 1 shotted by veers, no where near beating him, and not even on the hardest challenge. But hey, since you seem to think all these seasoned players suddenly developed amnesia, why don't you tell us another strategy smh
    I don't think he knows about the advantage change. The bosses have a ton of defense, and now armor penetration is gone f

Yes, it's harder - but I thought, planned and beat it 2 out of 2 times.

The new update makes dozens of heroes viable that previously were taking up space. It also requires players to think and strategize. Heroes that were the meta are still viable...but only if they are part of a well planned team.

The new update is a solid step in the right direction...for whales and f2p.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Onetime7979
    1012 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I don't get it Doesn't most whales have most Toons anyway?
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yeah, not sure how much makes a whale but I'm definitely in deep water. Was more optimistic earlier today. Now after playing and trying to get dailies done, I'm scratching my head.

Across the board, combat takes foreeeeever, even in auto, it's painful. My near maxed toons (except that they're 74) can't complete STR challenge, not even close, where I did it in auto this morning without issue. The Protection mechanic, feels clunky, overly slow, and hurts longer modes like the Dark n Light side and ESPECIALLY Galactic War. Heals are far less useful in that you can't regenerate protection.

Coming out the end of the day really disappointed. Haven't even looked at Arena yet, but I don't really want to. This patch needs drastic helps. The protection bit, while I get the initial concept, is just not working out the way it was described.

Think I'm paddling back to shore as well.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • clawsofhonor
    370 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Asking the users their opinions on things never gets the desired result of a non-bias opinion. This is the nature of the beast. Everyone has toons they favor, investments of gear/time they've made on specific areas and characters, and ways of playing the game they are more partial to.

Developers have to be the ones that take a step back and make the tough decisions free of bias. This isn't a popularity contest, they don't care if X amount of people are happy and Y amount of people are mad. They're trying to make a better game.

If their goal is to have this game be around for years, figuring out what needs to be done and creating a better skeleton NOW is how they accomplish the game lasting for a LOT longer. All of these people complaining in the forum, all of these people upset that their fragile little worlds were rocked, will not matter in the big picture.

Let me say that again: reality check - you don't matter.

Everyone loves saying that to us whales when we get mad at something, and believe me when I say I'm thrilled to be able to be the one saying it back to the community on this one. You don't matter. They don't care. Like it or not, the game is better off by these changes and they won't be going back.

Don't like the new game? Don't play. There's the door. Plenty of us do and will continue to. I like the game more today than I did yesterday. I respect the devs and their design more today than I did yesterday.

None of these ideas were secret. They said weeks ago a major rebalance was coming. Anyone that spent everything they had on characters before this change, and now feel slighted for doing so, have only themselves to blame. It's your fault. Next time, wait. Don't put eggs in a basket without knowing what the basket is actually made out of. If you'd just stockpiled and waited like a lot of us, you'd be quite happy with what this patch has to offer.
    I don't get it Doesn't most whales have most Toons anyway?

We have most toons yes. Doesn't mean we have most toons maxed . I have about a third viable for old gw and arena. Now even those are underpowered or struggling. And if whales are struggling, f2p are having it WAYYY worse
  • Jenggo
    48 posts Member
    Options
    Ouchie wrote: »
    I made a picture for you all
    2mhskl2.jpg

Love this