Hoth Rebel Scout

Is he still viable after the damage reduction to his basic? I was in the process of farming him and nearly had him to 6* but I'm considering switching to Daka who is currently about 4.5 stars.

Replies

• Options
    He is best for his turn meter pushing on his basic which gets better when he is level 76. That's irrespective of star level, so he's still viable for a turn meter team.
  • Options
    His basic damage was reduced

Bad like res pilot and fotp? I am in your same boat
  • Options
    Damage did drop some. Still has a home with me though.
  • Options
    He did not seem to get it as bad as the pilots did.
  • Options
    #1 on my server uses 7* g8 Han (L), 7* g9 RG, 7* g9 GS, 7* g9 QGJ, 7* g9 HRScout. I haven't seen anyone beat him/her in over a week. It's brutal to play against.
  • opu120
    211 posts Member
    Options
    Even after the reduced damage, his basic is still better than that of QGJ or Lumi, with comparable health and protection. I use him from time to time mostly for the stun on his special. So I'd say, yes still viable depending on the team. Plus another advantage is that you can get him to gear 9 without precrafting.

I agree, good synergy on TM teams, poor synergy on AoE teams. He's basically a poor man's 86, and given how easy 86 is to farm, plus the extras from 86 if you run Pogg or HK as lead, I'd go that direction.

If you can get him to ability level 8, HRS is incredible but wouldn't you rather spend those 15 Omegas elsewhere?
  • Options
    I am starting to farm him! Really looking forward to see how his stun and turn meter control work. In my opinion, abilities that grant your team tm are better than those that take it away from opposing team, since they cant be resisted.
  • Options
    #1 on my server uses 7* g8 Han (L), 7* g9 RG, 7* g9 GS, 7* g9 QGJ, 7* g9 HRScout. I haven't seen anyone beat him/her in over a week. It's brutal to play against.

You could practically run 4 Ugnaughts with a G9 RG and finish #1.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    He's still a boss. Check his ability 8 stats. He becomes reallllllllly good
  • Options
    So yes to farming him? I had started but was unsure about him
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    He's been in my arena team for 2-3 months, place top 5 everyday
  • FN1188
    163 posts Member
    Options
    I use for arena 7* gear 8, abilities starting from 5-max,
    QGJ(L)
    LEIA
    HRScout/GS
    ST HAN
    LUMI
    And must say it has been the best team for me on arena even placing #1 for first time and with only 29,600 power vs 30k-32k teams I faced for that spot. Even droid teams were easy to beat and teams with g9 RG.

Also I've noticed that with that team I don't fall back that much either. For me hands down HRScout is a go!
  • Options
    http://swgoh.gg has his basic in the same slot as before, # 42.
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease