To everyone who says healer became useless since 15/04/2016

Prev1
Achilles
1380 posts Member
Hi there,

i've read so many times in alot of different threads, how useless healer are now ... NO.

Im not sure, what you ppl are talking/doing ... my healers (JC, Lumi [is Attacker, i know], Barriss, Elder, Daka, Talia, ...) just heal the same amount of HP, like they did before update. I wonder, why do you complain? What happened to your healer, what did not happen to mine?

Since update, most of the chars deal less damage as before, means 1-shot-kills are less possible = your healers now got time to heal them and keep them alive. This for fact, makes even GW easier in some cases, even when you face teams having protection, while your chars protection is gone already ... the healers can still easier keep them alive, giving your chars the time, to remove the opponents advantage (=protection).

So ... whats wrong with your healers?
Left by design.
The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.

Replies

• Options
    You're trolling right ?
    Protection is just another health bar that one can't heal back up after being wounded.
    basically saying : "... and stay down ! "
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Options
    If you don't have a healer your a target. Non healer team are my first choice to attack. A taunt tank plus heal is a must have right now. With all the complaining I haven't see anyone complain about Poggels offensive up for 2 rounds ability. The damage that puts out wI'll only keep your team alive for two rounds opposed to the first round, lol. If droids teams with Poggle start to become more popular we are in trouble.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    aerendhil wrote: »
    You're trolling right ?
    Protection is just another health bar that one can't heal back up after being wounded.

It was never told, that protection is healable ... so, nope, im not trolling. Protection is not healable, but the regular HP is just the same as before (in most cases).

If they wanted Protection to be healable, why even call it Protection and just raise HP instead?

How ever, im still asking, why ppl think, their healers are useless. (im curios, sorry)
    Reddplague wrote: »
    If you don't have a healer your a target. Non healer team are my first choice to attack. A taunt tank plus heal is a must have right now. With all the complaining I haven't see anyone complain about Poggels offensive up for 2 rounds ability. The damage that puts out wI'll only keep your team alive for two rounds opposed to the first round, lol. If droids teams with Poggle start to become more popular we are in trouble.
    lol i ran into such a team in GW today: Poggle (lead), IG-86, GS, IG-88 and Poe ... it was node 9 or 10, so no protection on my team! :) It was a challenge ... but still possible. ^^
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    aerendhil wrote: »
    You're trolling right ?

Are you trolling? i'm sorry but if you don't have a healer your a target. You don't need protection to heal that the point.
  • Options
    Yes, correct - protection can't be healed - but the rest can still be healed. And guess: you don't need protection in GW if you have decent healers !

I don't care about my own protection in GW, because it's gone after 2-3 nodes. I use 3 healers (Lumi, JC, Barriss) and they heal a lot - and guess again: I finished GW before the update every day since 2 months (playing since mid January !), and I finish it every day after the update up to now.

Oh yes, I forgot something: sometimes I need a suicide squad to get rid of e.g. Poggle's "OffenseUp" - like today.

Yes, GW takes more time than before the update - but that's all.

You are not able to beat it, even with Level 70+ toons ? You simply use the wrong toons.
  • Options

Before the update, i can say that droid team with poggle (lead) is my favorite team to attack, i can simply kill two droids in one turn (they really have weak HP)

My droid killer team is,
    QGJ (lead)
    Lumi
    JC
    Capt. Phasma
    Sidious

But after the update, there's no longer a poggle lead droid team on my server top 5, all is RG and rey.. I need to come up with a new strategy to defeat them.. :-(
  • Options
    I don't run a healer anymore. Lumi was a staple of my squad. And totally could still fit. I just don't need her and filled her space with a dps. I slid from 1st to 9th last night.
  • Options
    on a slightly related note, I noticed that Talia heals out of her 'protection ' energy - i.e. this is basically just more HP, but for gear7 and above. Surely she should heal out of her HP, leaving her protection intact?

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    thee_pdx wrote: »
    on a slightly related note, I noticed that Talia heals out of her 'protection ' energy - i.e. this is basically just more HP, but for gear7 and above. Surely she should heal out of her HP, leaving her protection intact?

Probably a bug?? Not sure.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

Before the update, i can say that droid team with poggle (lead) is my favorite team to attack, i can simply kill two droids in one turn (they really have weak HP)

My droid killer team is,
    QGJ (lead)
    Lumi
    JC
    Capt. Phasma
    Sidious

But after the update, there's no longer a poggle lead droid team on my server top 5, all is RG and rey.. I need to come up with a new strategy to defeat them.. :-(

I kill that team all the time with my poggle lead droid team. Stun Phasma, kill QGJ, done.
  • thee_pdx
    302 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    thee_pdx wrote: »

Probably a bug?? Not sure.

Dunno, but it definitely happens. Sadly shes still in my Dark Side A team at this point... :)
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    The problem with healers is they are a double-edged sword in the new meta:

They are very useful, even in arena. As mentioned, they heal for the same amount of health as they always have - but damage is lower. So heals are more "effective" (mathematically speaking)

However, they are also a liability on "defense" in arena for two reasons:

1) They are easily manipulated, as the AI is SO bad, it attempts to heal heroes who are heal blocked or heal in less-than ideal circumstances (i.e. the hero they are healing is stunned and the other team has 2 assist-callers going next - ready to take them down, heal or not, etc.)

2) Human opponents don't play offense like the AI - they focus-fire. Healers then spend their actions trying to save a single ally. Healers "work" better on offense, as the AI spread damage around, making it viable to heal several heroes at a time.

I am strongly considering using a healer on offense, then subbing a higher DPS or tank on the 5th battle, just because the AI plays them better on defense.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    For example, lumi heals some of RG, the heal seems to only heal around 15% of RG health, add to that the protection, Lumi is healing 5% of his health. Whereas I am better off swapping lumi for a character that deals twice her damage output, gives buffs to team or has other benefits.

Of course protection being added has significantly reduced the usefulness of healing. If you were healing 10% of someones health preupdate, now you are healing 5% of someones health, IF protection has already been broken. Varying between characters who have more/less protection.

Healers are not useless, you are exaggerating others points. They are just weakened overall. With fights lasting longer anyway, speeding up battles by getting more dps can also be more incentive.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Akster wrote: »
    For example, lumi heals some of RG, the heal seems to only heal around 15% of RG health, add to that the protection, Lumi is healing 5% of his health. Whereas I am better off swapping lumi for a character that deals twice her damage output, gives buffs to team or has other benefits.

Of course protection being added has significantly reduced the usefulness of healing. If you were healing 10% of someones health preupdate, now you are healing 5% of someones health, IF protection has already been broken. Varying between characters who have more/less protection.

Healers are not useless, you are exaggerating others points. They are just weakened overall. With fights lasting longer anyway, speeding up battles by getting more dps can also be more incentive.
    Thats why protection is protection and not health ...
    45% of 10k HP is 4.5k heal ... 45% of 10k HP + 10k Protection is still 4.5k heal. Healers did not get nerfed, they just need to wait 1 more hit before they have to heal.

However, i at least see your point, its more like an optical misleading.
    Left by design.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i totally agree with nikoms, but i dont switch my healer (lumi) out, mainly because she is my best toon currently :p
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Djbz
    251 posts Member
    Options

They are very useful, even in arena. As mentioned, they heal for the same amount of health as they always have - but damage is lower. So heals are more "effective" (mathematically speaking)

1) They are easily manipulated, as the AI is SO bad, it attempts to heal heroes who are heal blocked or heal in less-than ideal circumstances (i.e. the hero they are healing is stunned and the other team has 2 assist-callers going next - ready to take them down, heal or not, etc.)

2) Human opponents don't play offense like the AI - they focus-fire. Healers then spend their actions trying to save a single ally. Healers "work" better on offense, as the AI spread damage around, making it viable to heal several heroes at a time.

I am strongly considering using a healer on offense, then subbing a higher DPS or tank on the 5th battle, just because the AI plays them better on defense.

Very accurate.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    Djbz wrote: »

Very accurate.
    True, but was the same pre-update IMO ...

However, Akster brought a very good point ... Healer are still the same, but get swapped more for a DPS, because of the additional HP you have to fight. Currently most successful arena-defense might be high hp to force a time out.
    Left by design.
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    Options
    But that IS a nerf.

Healing 4.5k of 10k hp is healing 45% of their total health. Healing 4.5k of 20k combined health and protection you are healing 22.5% of their total. If total health increases but the healing stays the same, healing is strictly weaker.

This of course changes a little when everyone does slightly less damage, but not 50% less damage.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    But that IS a nerf.

Healing 4.5k of 10k hp is healing 45% of their total health. Healing 4.5k of 20k combined health and protection you are healing 22.5% of their total. If total health increases but the healing stays the same, healing is strictly weaker.

This of course changes a little when everyone does slightly less damage, but not 50% less damage.

it all depends how you look at it.
    - nerfed: protection + health compared to pre-update just health, you will heal less effective. your heals will restore a lower percentage of the damage received before you heal.
    - buffed: compared to the reduced damage received after the update the heals are more effective. it will take more hits to undo the effect of a heal.

personally i think the heal increased in value after the update. because of the damage reduction you get way more chances to heal your toons, specially in GW.
  • Options
    Because unless protection is expired, you can not heAl. And when a healer can not heal, he is a waste (there are better dps options). Daka has its uses, of course - but it's not healing
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    In GW maybe, that may be balanced by the fact your gw team wont have protection and the enemy will part way through, Im personally too lazy to do GW properly and auto everything =P.

The damage reduction was not that large, will see how characters are at lvl 80 with more hp and higher abilities. As someone said earlier, it makes little to no difference in GW at the moment. Characters will still more often than not be killed long before a heal goes off for the defending team. Healers do not get that much more time to heal because for an AI to heal the hp has to be quite low, a lot of characters can still kill people so quickly that a heal never gets the chance to happen. I have never, ever seen a Rey capable of healing =P.

In GW healers are still INCREDIBLY important. Still using Barriss and Lumi on my A team. According to a poll on these forums GW is being completed just as easily post update by most people.

+1 Ivan, You are losing dps while your healer has to wait longer for the right time to heal.
  • Dario
    326 posts Member
    Options
    I don't care what anyone says I run without a healer and Iam top 10 and I've tried with a healer.
  • Options
    In GW healers are good starting from node 4-6, when you depleted protection on dps. But for the most part, in arena you are better off with dps
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    In GW maybe, that may be balanced by the fact your gw team wont have protection and the enemy will part way through, Im personally too lazy to do GW properly and auto everything =P.

The damage reduction was not that large, will see how characters are at lvl 80 with more hp and higher abilities. As someone said earlier, it makes little to no difference in GW at the moment. Characters will still more often than not be killed long before a heal goes off for the defending team. Healers do not get that much more time to heal because for an AI to heal the hp has to be quite low, a lot of characters can still kill people so quickly that a heal never gets the chance to happen. I have never, ever seen a Rey capable of healing =P.

In GW healers are still INCREDIBLY important. Still using Barriss and Lumi on my A team. According to a poll on these forums GW is being completed just as easily post update by most people.

+1 Ivan, You are losing dps while your healer has to wait longer for the right time to heal.

first you auto GW, then you say in GW it makes no difference because they more often get killed than nog killed before, then you say in GW healers are still INCREDIBLY important ;/

assuming you mean arena in you 2nd paragraph, i agree that healers are crappy on defence. allthought in my experience they use the heal too soon rather than too late, and ofcourse dont pay any attention to healing immunity. lumi left last standing with 90% healthbar and healingimmunity, AI will think a heal is a sound plan. Trying to heal protection has also happened.

on offence i do like my lumi though, i only have 3 7* toons, lumi being one of them is probably one of the reasons i like the healer. I usually get atleast 1 heal during a arena match + she hits pretty hard compared to my other toons.
  • Options

I run a Poggle droid team and am usually top 10. The only team I avoid is a team with a maxed RG. He is just too beefy and can eat everything you throw at him for a couple rounds. Yes, even with the extremely high attack damage of a droid team.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options

Yeah.
    GW and Arena are Apples and Androids.
  • Options
    Ironically Old Daka is now more useful than ever but that's just her stuns, her ai is also very stingy about using her heals since I've mostly seen her use it more to resurrect allies so that's another plus. Barriss could also be used for single target healing but unfortunately her attacks are very weak.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    But that IS a nerf.

Thats the difference ... you count Protection to regular HP, but it is NOT part of the regular HP ... its just a 1-time-added health. Your char has 10 k HP pre-update and has 10k HP, now post-update ... the 10k Protection are not HP, it works most likely HP, but it is not HP. Thats why you think, healing got nerfed.

However, I agree, healers on def suck, but thats nothing new, they **** pre-update already ...

Daka is no healer, because if never seen her healing a char, even when he/she is in red ... she only tries to revive chars with her heal, once they are fallen.
    Left by design.
  • Options
    Healers are needed in GW. Healers are a complete waste of space in arena.

Any of the older arena servers your not going to find many healers in top 10. Heck you will not see one in my top 20. Healers can still be taken out before they heal. This makes them worthless. Just take down thier protection and wait till your heave hitters are up and kill them. This makes all but daka worthless. Daka stuns is what makes her useful.

RG has taken the spot for a healer. RG can take more dmg, then a healer can heal someone plus he stuns.

I understand not everyone had all toons available to them and some people lumi is one of thier best toons. I'm talking meta here. I'm going to take out my leader dooku? Rey? Qgj? GS? RG? For a healer,? I don't think so
  • Kurki
    50 posts Member
    Options

Fantasitic idea @Nikoms565 , I will try that too.