Something must be done about lockouts in arena.

Prev1345
President_Scroob
1802 posts Member
edited April 2016
Its getting ridiculous. I was locked out for 10 minutes today. Here is a few things I think would make arena more meaningful
1) If you are #1 you aren't allowed to attack 10 minutes before prize time. This gives you time to get your three daily battles done and would force you to win on defense.
2) And this is the one that really gets me. I was locked out for 8 minutes and took #1 out 1 second too late. What would fix this is if you are in a battle at prize time, ranks should be decided BEFORE prizes are given out.
3) If you lose on offense you drop in rank. This would keep people from just sitting on the timer

As it is, arena is just a game of who can be quicker on the battle button to lock someone out. It needs to change.

Replies

• Devour
    262 posts Member
    Options
    Figure a scheme for them to make more money and they might go for it. A **** they give if fun the game is.
  • Options
    I have 5 actives at prize time. Imagine how annoying it is all 5 gunning for #1 at the same time

• Options
    No
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    No

Very intelligent. So I propose actual ideas, you say no. Why not tell me WHY no?
  • Options
    I was locked for 10 minutes today as well. At the very first time. Without falling in rank. Maybe coincidence and I was attacked by a pretty weak team, or a server glitch.
    Nevertheless, almost all of your suggestions do solve the current problems of Arena but at the same time they open opportunities to misuse Arena in other ways.
  • Options
    Oh I forgot #4

If you get the "Someone is in a battle with you message" you should be able to take command. Would make snipers think twice
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    No

Very intelligent. So I propose actually ideas, you say no. Why not tell me WHY no?

+1 He does this regularly!
  • Options
    Also with the real time PVP of taking command of your squad against someone, it would make you actually have to defend. That would be a real #1. As it is its just whos fastest on battle button
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Not only would these be pretty easy to implement into this game, they would also be some really great features! I'm impressed with this especially the taking over an attack on you. Being able to defend would be sweet a real time PvP is one of the better thought ideas for this game :). Good work @President_Scroob! Well thought out, definitely worth more than a single word answer!
  • Options
    Baldo wrote: »
    Not only would these be pretty easy to implement into this game, they would also be some really great features! I'm impressed with this especially the taking over an attack on you. Being able to defend would be sweet a real time PvP is one of the better thought ideas for this game :). Good work @President_Scroob! Well thought out, definitely worth more than a single word answer!
    Yep, and real time should only be when someone is attacking you.
  • Options
    We have about 8-10 people gunning for #1 during our payout as well. I feel your pain. Nothing we can do but deal with it now. It would definitely be nice to not have to be bound to your phone during the 30 minutes to an hour before payout.
  • Options
    Joby_Wan1 wrote: »
    We have about 8-10 people gunning for #1 during our payout as well. I feel your pain. Nothing we can do but deal with it now. It would definitely be nice to not have to be bound to your phone during the 30 minutes to an hour before payout.

Bound to your phone is a good term for it LOL. There is no skill in getting #1 now, just luck of catching them between refreshes. I beat #1 ONE SECOND too late today
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    No

You shouldn't be punished for being in first
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Phipps wrote: »
    No

It's not punishing you. The last 10 minutes before prize time you should have all your battles done. Make first place mean something: You have to win on defense in the last 10 minutes
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options

I agree not always will someone be on at the rank you're trying to steal. We should get notifications for this. I don't know why someone would think this is not a good idea. They're also the same someone' that don't mind the gear drop rates so it's not hard to figure out what is truly going on here.
  • Options

I agree not always will someone be on at the rank you're trying to steal. We should get notifications for this. I don't know why someone would think this is not a good idea. They're also the same someone' that don't mind the gear drop rates so it's not hard to figure out what is truly going on here.

No, no notifications. You are already sitting there ready anyways

• Options
    No

Btw, in addition to that #3 is to keep someone in first place from just timing out. Makes them actually try
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options

Should it cost you a turn to defend manually though?
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

No, because it doesn't affect rank
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    No
    Its a trap!
    No
    Very intelligent. So I propose actual ideas, you say no. Why not tell me WHY no?

Too late, **** in.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options

No, because it doesn't affect rank

Good point.
  • Ely
    161 posts Member
    Options
    If you are knocked out of rank #1 with less than 5 minutes to go, you should get a chance to take it back without the prize timer restriction.
  • Options
    No

Nice reply my 11 yr old nephew could teach you some things!
  • Options
    Ely wrote: »
    If you are knocked out of rank #1 with less than 5 minutes to go, you should get a chance to take it back without the prize timer restriction.

Thats a good idea but would never happen because it takes away the chance to spend crystal
  • scuba
    14186 posts Member
    Options
    Oh I forgot #4

If you get the "Someone is in a battle with you message" you should be able to take command. Would make snipers think twice

I like that idea.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    No

I swear he does this stuff so his post amount stays higher than the clouds!
  • Options
    No

I swear he does this stuff so his post amount stays higher than the clouds!

Ignore it please, TOPIC :P
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    No

It's not punishing you. The last 10 minutes before prize time you should have all your battles done. Make first place mean something: You have to win on defense in the last 10 minutes

I am fine with locking out first place with 10 minutes, as long as first through 5th is locked out too.

You can't punish someone for getting to first place... you also shouldn't limit them by some stupid timer that no one else has.

As far as lock outs, maybe you be the one locking out. Don't wait till 10 minutes left to start your attack.

Lastly, again, it's punishment if you drop in ranks if you lose. Because the only number that can really do that is number 1. Everyone else has someone lower than them.

You are thinking purely emotional right now because you lost. Clear your mind and think about it some... your idea's are pretty bad and extremely limited. You are basically asking CG to do a bunch of additional coding for one arena rank in the entire game.... with all the other things a mess, you want them to do that...
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    No

I am fine with locking out first place with 10 minutes, as long as first through 5th is locked out too.

You can't punish someone for getting to first place... you also shouldn't limit them by some stupid timer that no one else has.

As far as lock outs, maybe you be the one locking out. Don't wait till 10 minutes left to start your attack.

Lastly, again, it's punishment if you drop in ranks if you lose. Because the only number that can really do that is number 1. Everyone else has someone lower than them.

You are thinking purely emotional right now because you lost. Clear your mind and think about it some... your idea's are pretty bad and extremely limited. You are basically asking CG to do a bunch of additional coding for one arena rank in the entire game.... with all the other things a mess, you want them to do that...

Sorry, but there is no emotion in this. I've been thinking about these changes for a while, and today just brought them to the forefront. Its the most important rank. It should be harder to get and keep than just getting lucky between refreshes.

#1 should drop if they lose because I can bet you that most #1s just sit on the timer.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Its getting ridiculous. I was locked out for 10 minutes today. Here is a few things I think would make arena more meaningful
    1) If you are #1 you aren't allowed to attack 10 minutes before prize time. This gives you time to get your three daily battles done and would force you to win on defense.
    2) And this is the one that really gets me. I was locked out for 8 minutes and took #1 out 1 second too late. What would fix this is if you are in a battle at prize time, ranks should be decided BEFORE prizes are given out.
    3) If you lose on offense you drop in rank. This would keep people from just sitting on the timer

As it is, arena is just a game of who can be quicker on the battle button to lock someone out. It needs to change.

I don't think any of that is a good idea.

1) Everyone has the same opportunity to play the game regardless of rank. To take away that opportunity just because you're sitting at #1 isn't fair to the #1 player. Plus, with the game set up the way it is now, it is much easier to win on offense than it is on defense. Plus, why, other than people want the #1 spot should it only be limited to #1 in that scenario? Why not the top 5? They'd be locked out from playing in the top 5 for the last ten minutes. But then you'd run into the problem of what if that's when they play their arena games to begin with. I know for a month I couldn't start playing the game until an hour before arena payout. That was for the entire game. I'd be pretty mad if I was locked out for ten minutes of that play time.

2) The timer runs out when it runs out. I know I had to rush my last game, turning the auto on because I knew I had limited time, about 3:30 from the time I started the game. Made it with 30 seconds left. Anyway, payout is payout is payout. If you can't get the match in in time then that's on you. It's not fair to punish other players for your poor time management skills even if you're locked out from play. Thems the breaks, I'm afraid. Note, I'm not saying "you" personally when I say poor time management skills. I put myself in that category because of my afore mentioned 3:30 till payout game.

3) For this one I'd ask what about the guy who is holding the 1 slot the bulk of the day? How is he supposed to get his at least 3 games in? What if he's trying out a new strategy or team? Is he supposed to accept losing spots at that point? How is that fair to him or her? They should be able to play the game without fear of losing spots just because they have to get three games in if they want their arena tokens and daily achievements.

Just my thoughts on your ideas.