Something must be done about lockouts in arena.

Replies

• Options
    Oh I forgot #4

If you get the "Someone is in a battle with you message" you should be able to take command. Would make snipers think twice

That would be hilarious, too bad i would not be able to see their faces ):
  • Options
    This is ridiculous and bias. If you didn't have this happening to you you wouldn't peep a word! If you were number 1 daily you would do the same! This is completely bias and unfair to people who use strategy to keep their spots, who says locking themselves into battle is unfair? You kidding me 10 minutes before pay I can get knocked ALL the way to past 10! That's a difference of almost 300 crystals just because I wasn't allowed , that's ****! this is a horrible idea imo. If you were number 1 daily you would be outraged at such a dumb idea
  • Options
    Ely wrote: »
    Thats a good idea but would never happen because it takes away the chance to spend crystal

It could cost 50 crystals, that would prevent the need to immediately get back into a battle to keep your spot and prevent the chance that you pay the 50 crystals and someone already grabbed you.

This is another issue with the current setup. If they aren't putting live pvp in, there needs to be a notification that you are under attack BEFORE you spend crystals

+1
    It really sucks when that happens.
    Good idea.

This I agree with
  • Options
    This is ridiculous and bias. If you didn't have this happening to you you wouldn't peep a word! If you were number 1 daily you would do the same! This is completely bias and unfair to people who use strategy to keep their spots, who says locking themselves into battle is unfair? You kidding me 10 minutes before pay I can get knocked ALL the way to past 10! That's a difference of almost 300 crystals just because I wasn't allowed , that's ****! this is a horrible idea imo. If you were number 1 daily you would be outraged at such a dumb idea

Not true. I've been wanting changes to arena for a long, long time. This just got me to post. And I proposed more than just a lock on 1
  • Options
    It just not fair to those who actually strategize and time what they do. I understand it's frustrating but come on. The change I would welcome is just straight up live PVP and I'm sure everyone would too
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    It just not fair to those who actually strategize and time what they do. I understand it's frustrating but come on. The change I would welcome is just straight up live PVP and I'm sure everyone would too

PvP would be very cool.
  • Gavstar
    214 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    There is an idea,

All Players should be able to select the opponent team's power range up to the MAX, for example I select a team between 23k-24k. Say I picked a team with 23,500 power. Then, have an at risk toon if lost in battle, subtracted. Meaning, subtract toon power level points from 23,500 - (say) 200 per toon on victory. Giving 23,300 for victory. Repeat for 5+, battles, then average by the best 5 battles. Maybe even have only one surprise battle with a multiplier on victory (Say 1.15x). And the highest power victory Player gets rank#1. After each battle you get to see where you are in the rankings.

This means your ranking is based on stats. Winning is important, but winning with all your toons is better. Averaging best 5 battles for those who want to purchase more battles is allowed. Eliminates, locked rank positions. Everyone doesn't have to scramble in the last hour to payouts.

What do you think?
  • Simda
    151 posts Member
    Options
    @President_Scroob
    I had 2 ideas which I feed backed, when number one challenges number two or three, a loss will switch their position. This is not the case now. It will discourage people from drawing or challenge when they are already number one.

Second idea, payout time is randomize between 545pm to 615pm. What say you?
  • Maestro
    157 posts Member
    Options
    Simda wrote: »

This would not solve the "being tied to your phone for 30 min" problem
  • LELEZ
    28 posts Member
    Options
    Gavstar wrote: »
    There is an idea,

All Players should be able to select the opponent team's power range up to the MAX, for example I select a team between 23k-24k. Say I picked a team with 23,500 power. Then, have an at risk toon lost subtracted. Meaning, subtract toon power level from 23,500 - (say) 200 per toon on victory. Giving 19,000 for victory. Repeat for 5+, battles, then average by the best 5 battles. Maybe even have only one surprise battle with a multiplier on victory (Say 1.15x). And the highest power victory Player gets rank#1. After each battle you get to see where you are in the rankings.

This means your ranking is based on stats. Winning is important, but winning with all your toons is better. Averaging best 5 battles for those who want to purchase more battles is allowed. Eliminates, locked rank positions. Everyone doesn't have to scramble in the last hour to payouts.

What do you think?

I don't this would work either, because let's say i'm number 1 in my server, with a 25.000 power team.
    Let's than say number 2 in the server has a 23.000 power team.
    When i battle i select max and it throws me the number 2 player squad with 23K power, and i can win with all 5 guys up.
    He does the same and he gets my team, he wins with 5 guys up.
    We do that 5 times and no one needs to refresh, his average is simply better than mine and i can't change it since i can't battle a team powerful enough, because i'm the first one. This rule promotes non number 1 in power players to always get number one as long as they can win the battle with the power number 1. And once you are the second you can simply not upgrade your guys to stay the second forever, and if the strongest guy goes up in power to try to make you win with 4 guys up instead of 5 at the end of the battle, you could level up someone and keep your power below his new one. Basically you stay 1 power point behind him and you keep staying below.

Also, if the number 3 guy can beat the number one 5 times with 5 guys up then he and the number 2 guy they will both have the same average, who wins number 1 payout?

If you insert the 1.15 random multiplier than this would be the only factor deciding the rankings, even worse than what is now.. they will be based on pure luck to get 5 times the multiplier to score a better overall average (or force you to refresh many many times to get that luck)

By all means tho, i agree a system based on stats and not on timer could be more interesting. I think it would take a huge work to balance

It should take into account your total power, wins and losses on offense, wins and losses on defense, and many other stats probably, being careful not to make the system exploitable (let's say my friend battles me 200 times and loses on purpose so my rank goes up to stellar because i win a lot on defense..) i mean, it would be great, but there is much much more than just a couple numbers to throw out guys!
  • LELEZ
    28 posts Member
    Options
    Yep. But I think it would be fairly simple to implement a 5 second timer on moves for live PVP

That would suck, you need to be sure every guy with a bad connection can react in time. This means he needs at least 15 seconds per move. And even then, if i wait the 15 seconds for the whole battle before every move and my team is barriss, royal guard, fives, ewok elder and old daka i just need to be ready to answer attacks taking control of the match and i could keep it going for 15 minutes at least! Think about it.
    The real time pvp system needs to be developed in a total different game mode, if it has to
  • Options
    No. Reasons already given by others. Saying no in this thread so as to put all opinions on record otherwise some might get the idea that nobody thinks it's a bad idea. Don't flame me.
  • Simda
    151 posts Member
    Options
    Maestro wrote: »
    Simda wrote: »

This would not solve the "being tied to your phone for 30 min" problem

Locking the position for 10mins needs 50 crystals, locking it up for 15 mins gets more expensive and it may not make economic sense.

Maybe I am not understanding your problem. Thanks.

If you are suggesting a pay out for your highest position of the day, then it is 500 crystals for at least 100 players.
  • Options
    Oh I forgot #4

If you get the "Someone is in a battle with you message" you should be able to take command. Would make snipers think twice

That is bad. If i am in defend mode and i control my team. I will just let the time goes off and not attack those making it a draw lols.
  • Options
    1. Remove CD timer for arena between battles.
    2. Increase arena attempts to 10 or more.
    3. Remove lock outs if engaged in arena by opponent.
    4. Let the last 10 to 15 minutes before payout be a free for all.
    5. Increase the number of people you see from 3 to 6 or 8.

In this scenario it is possible to drop 10 or more ranks in the top 10 from timing. This involves planning out attacks and taking an educated guess who will be sitting at rank X by payout. If you want to make arena more user involved this is the future.

This would probably crash their servers. >:)
    Bye Forums.
  • Usho
    586 posts Member
    Options
    NO

Tbh there are no teams that can stand on defense, arena does not require any kind of a change and if you dont want to spend 50 crystals to refresh battle cd and lock people out, then imo you dont deserve the first spot...
  • StarSon
    7529 posts Member
    Options
    Ely wrote: »
    Thats a good idea but would never happen because it takes away the chance to spend crystal

It could cost 50 crystals, that would prevent the need to immediately get back into a battle to keep your spot and prevent the chance that you pay the 50 crystals and someone already grabbed you.

This is another issue with the current setup. If they aren't putting live pvp in, there needs to be a notification that you are under attack BEFORE you spend crystals

+1
    It really sucks when that happens.
    Good idea.

This I agree with

+1
  • Options
    1. Remove CD timer for arena between battles.
    2. Increase arena attempts to 10 or more.
    3. Remove lock outs if engaged in arena by opponent.
    4. Let the last 10 to 15 minutes before payout be a free for all.
    5. Increase the number of people you see from 3 to 6 or 8.

In this scenario it is possible to drop 10 or more ranks in the top 10 from timing. This involves planning out attacks and taking an educated guess who will be sitting at rank X by payout. If you want to make arena more user involved this is the future.

This would probably crash their servers. >:)

Where does EA's monetization plans fit in here? Hello, this is a F2P game, development still costs though...
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Oh I forgot #4

I like that idea.

How would that work with the 5 minute timer? With true multiplayer there would be lag as each command was sent to the server. The defending person could just take forever to process their next move and force the attacking person to run out of time.

If you remove the timer when 2 teams play, thats even worse. Then the 1st and 2nd teams could battle each other for 30 minutes before payout. With guilds added that would be even more of a problem.
  • Options
    Phipps wrote: »
    No

You shouldn't be punished for being in first

It's not punishing you. The last 10 minutes before prize time you should have all your battles done. Make first place mean something: You have to win on defense in the last 10 minutes

With the bad AI how would you win on defense? Everyone could be #1 on attack cause you're in control. On defense you have no influence and as said with the bad AI you can't win.
    There is no mega or ultimate team that will grant you a defense win.
  • Options
    Phipps wrote: »
    No

You shouldn't be punished for being in first

It's not punishing you. The last 10 minutes before prize time you should have all your battles done. Make first place mean something: You have to win on defense in the last 10 minutes

I disagree. It is just as unfair to the guy that worked his way to #1 to be stuck on defense and unable to retain his title against snipers in the last few minutes.
    "May the Schwartz be with you", Yogurt

Guild: -FTB- Reign Of Fate
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    Options
    In my opinion, fighting a lower rank member should yield two penalties. If defeated you lose rank, and timer reduced to 2 minutes. While it wouldn't stop and an entire lock out, it would make the top spots more difficult to hold and yield a better chance to all.
  • Options
    Anraeth wrote: »
    If defeated you lose rank

That sounds fair.
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    Options
    It can be infuriating at times, I have a player who will hold number 1 for ten minutes by locking number 2 person for ten minutes. I just got into the habit of making sure I get the number 2 spot before he begins and let him do the work. 50 less crystals doesn't bother me a bit, irony.
  • Options
    It can be infuriating at times, I have a player who will hold number 1 for ten minutes by locking number 2 person for ten minutes. I just got into the habit of making sure I get the number 2 spot before he begins and let him do the work. 50 less crystals doesn't bother me a bit, irony.

I'll tell you what's more infuriating. People hitting me when I'm no 1 even though it's not their payout. I make it the day's mission to hit them whenever I can, some I target during their payout if I can figure it out. The satisfaction is immense! Otherwise I don't snipe no 1 unless it's time.
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    Options

I'll tell you what's more infuriating. People hitting me when I'm no 1 even though it's not their payout. I make it the day's mission to hit them whenever I can, some I target during their payout if I can figure it out. The satisfaction is immense! Otherwise I don't snipe no 1 unless it's time.

I used to have a honor system, and still do for most players. I'll stay out of their payout, however there are a lot more who don't so I stopped being nice. It's Arena right? Anything goes.
  • Options
    Oh I forgot #4

That is a brilliant idea! Would absolutely solve all issues and would make for an awesome gaming experience.
  • Options
    Hangfire wrote: »
    Oh I forgot #4

That is a brilliant idea! Would absolutely solve all issues and would make for an awesome gaming experience.

Guess you just skimmed through the thread...
    scuba wrote: »
    Oh I forgot #4

I like that idea.

How would that work with the 5 minute timer? With true multiplayer there would be lag as each command was sent to the server. The defending person could just take forever to process their next move and force the attacking person to run out of time.

If you remove the timer when 2 teams play, thats even worse. Then the 1st and 2nd teams could battle each other for 30 minutes before payout. With guilds added that would be even more of a problem.

• Options
    Oh I forgot #4

This is not gonna work.

Let's not talk about whether the server can afford so many real time traffics in such a short time.

Just think: I can simply take command, and do nothing, wait until the timer ends. Yeah you may set up a time limit like 10s for each action, but I can still press the icon at the last second. You'll never take me down in 5 minutes.
  • Options
    Oh I forgot #4

This is not gonna work.

Let's not talk about whether the server can afford so many real time traffics in such a short time.

Just think: I can simply take command, and do nothing, wait until the timer ends. Yeah you may set up a time limit like 10s for each action, but I can still press the icon at the last second. You'll never take me down in 5 minutes.

It could still be done. Timers can be adjusted, and so on. Other games manage arena pvp just fine. The issue is they'd need serious server upgrades. Bye Bye F2P