Something must be done about lockouts in arena.

Replies

• LELEZ
    28 posts Member
    Options
    Its getting ridiculous. I was locked out for 10 minutes today. Here is a few things I think would make arena more meaningful
    1) If you are #1 you aren't allowed to attack 10 minutes before prize time. This gives you time to get your three daily battles done and would force you to win on defense.
    2) And this is the one that really gets me. I was locked out for 8 minutes and took #1 out 1 second too late. What would fix this is if you are in a battle at prize time, ranks should be decided BEFORE prizes are given out.
    3) If you lose on offense you drop in rank. This would keep people from just sitting on the timer

As it is, arena is just a game of who can be quicker on the battle button to lock someone out. It needs to change.

My main answer is a complete NO like someone else said, but i'll be glad to tell you why.

1) locking out the number 1 for the last 10 minutes does not "force you to win on defense" like you mentioned later, simply because if you want the number one spot you are then not going to be so dumb to go at number 1 before the last 10 minutes.. Once you are in the last 5 minutes and the actual number one cannot battle and "lock himself out" for this useless rule you just invented you fight him and he can't do anything, you win your spot 1 on offense, not on defense, and he doesn't get a chance to lock his spot out.

2) If you wait till the battles end and THEN give out the prizes you solved zero problems since now people will be locking you out from minute 5:01 to minute 0:01 and win so that the prize comes one second later and you don't have the time to engage a new battle that will extend the prize for 5 other minutes. You just shift all the lockouts of 5 minutes and you accomplish nothing at all. Bad idea

3) Starting from the fact that if i want to lock myself out as you describe i could as well win the battle and wait the last hit until the 5 minutes so i end with a victory at the last second instead of sitting on the timer, which i'm sure someone already does. There is also the possibility that with your splendid new rule number 1 if i am in the spot 1 at 15:01 and i engage a battle, i lose on purpose so that YOU get my number one and the timer goes to 10 minutes. Than your rule number 1 does not allow you to battle anymore and i can sit there and look at you harmless and wait the 5 minutes mark to battle you and win my one spot because i forced you on number one in the wrong moment. So losing rank on battle loss is also really bad.

4) implementing real time pvp would change ALL the arena by so much.. you don't even have an idea of how many times you would lose on offense given a "human - smart" defender. I agree it would be funny, but i think we need a total different game mode for real time battles, if they ever come to be real in this game.

Please remember that just because someone faster or smarter than you locked out his position and you didn't get what you wanted this doesn't mean the game should have new rules to help you out. In the specific case your 4 points to fix the problems you are facing were also pretty bad and abusable by the players as i described before. You would only create a partial solution to your problem in the arena, creating new problems and different heavy important timers. Basically solve a problem and create a new one, identical to the prior, but shifted by 5 or 10 minutes. Pointless
    I hope you can read through this carefully and understand what i'm trying to say
  • Options
    LELEZ wrote: »
    Its getting ridiculous. I was locked out for 10 minutes today. Here is a few things I think would make arena more meaningful
    1) If you are #1 you aren't allowed to attack 10 minutes before prize time. This gives you time to get your three daily battles done and would force you to win on defense.
    2) And this is the one that really gets me. I was locked out for 8 minutes and took #1 out 1 second too late. What would fix this is if you are in a battle at prize time, ranks should be decided BEFORE prizes are given out.
    3) If you lose on offense you drop in rank. This would keep people from just sitting on the timer

As it is, arena is just a game of who can be quicker on the battle button to lock someone out. It needs to change.

My main answer is a complete NO like someone else said, but i'll be glad to tell you why.

1) locking out the number 1 for the last 10 minutes does not "force you to win on defense" like you mentioned later, simply because if you want the number one spot you are then not going to be so dumb to go at number 1 before the last 10 minutes.. Once you are in the last 5 minutes and the actual number one cannot battle and "lock himself out" for this useless rule you just invented you fight him and he can't do anything, you win your spot 1 on offense, not on defense, and he doesn't get a chance to lock his spot out.

2) If you wait till the battles end and THEN give out the prizes you solved zero problems since now people will be locking you out from minute 5:01 to minute 0:01 and win so that the prize comes one second later and you don't have the time to engage a new battle that will extend the prize for 5 other minutes. You just shift all the lockouts of 5 minutes and you accomplish nothing at all. Bad idea

3) Starting from the fact that if i want to lock myself out as you describe i could as well win the battle and wait the last hit until the 5 minutes so i end with a victory at the last second instead of sitting on the timer, which i'm sure someone already does. There is also the possibility that with your splendid new rule number 1 if i am in the spot 1 at 15:01 and i engage a battle, i lose on purpose so that YOU get my number one and the timer goes to 10 minutes. Than your rule number 1 does not allow you to battle anymore and i can sit there and look at you harmless and wait the 5 minutes mark to battle you and win my one spot because i forced you on number one in the wrong moment. So losing rank on battle loss is also really bad.

4) implementing real time pvp would change ALL the arena by so much.. you don't even have an idea of how many times you would lose on offense given a "human - smart" defender. I agree it would be funny, but i think we need a total different game mode for real time battles, if they ever come to be real in this game.

Please remember that just because someone faster or smarter than you locked out his position and you didn't get what you wanted this doesn't mean the game should have new rules to help you out. In the specific case your 4 points to fix the problems you are facing were also pretty bad and abusable by the players as i described before. You would only create a partial solution to your problem in the arena, creating new problems and different heavy important timers. Basically solve a problem and create a new one, identical to the prior, but shifted by 5 or 10 minutes. Pointless
    I hope you can read through this carefully and understand what i'm trying to say

Great points. Cosmicturtle, little guy, that is how you respond to a point you don't like. Devs will ignore a simple "No" far quicker than that. Anyways, Lel, I actually agree with all but 4 now that i think about it. What I'm proposing for live PVP would only be when someone has engaged you in battle already. No notifications, just when you get the error message, you enter battle
  • Options

+9001
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    Phipps wrote: »
    No

You shouldn't be punished for being in first

It's not punishing you. The last 10 minutes before prize time you should have all your battles done. Make first place mean something: You have to win on defense in the last 10 minutes

I am fine with locking out first place with 10 minutes, as long as first through 5th is locked out too.

You can't punish someone for getting to first place... you also shouldn't limit them by some stupid timer that no one else has.

As far as lock outs, maybe you be the one locking out. Don't wait till 10 minutes left to start your attack.

Lastly, again, it's punishment if you drop in ranks if you lose. Because the only number that can really do that is number 1. Everyone else has someone lower than them.

You are thinking purely emotional right now because you lost. Clear your mind and think about it some... your idea's are pretty bad and extremely limited. You are basically asking CG to do a bunch of additional coding for one arena rank in the entire game.... with all the other things a mess, you want them to do that...

Sorry, but there is no emotion in this. I've been thinking about these changes for a while, and today just brought them to the forefront. Its the most important rank. It should be harder to get and keep than just getting lucky between refreshes.

#1 should drop if they lose because I can bet you that most #1s just sit on the timer.

I agree with Barrok, there is many more important things that could be worked on. Number one on my server changes multiple times a day. I've been locked out. It's lame. But I can also lock people out. It is fair. Sometimes you get stuck in second or third place. Big deal. Sometimes I've held number one. Without even playing. It happens ( I doubt it was defense ). Having to settle for 50 less crystals on occasion isn't going to set you back any.
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Great points. Cosmicturtle, little guy, that is how you respond to a point you don't like. Devs will ignore a simple "No" far quicker than that. Anyways, Lel, I actually agree with all but 4 now that i think about it. What I'm proposing for live PVP would only be when someone has engaged you in battle already. No notifications, just when you get the error message, you enter battle

No actually. President_Scroob, big guy, I can respond however I like as long as it doesn't violate the forum guidelines.

If you believe I have violated the forum guidelines then feel free to report me.

Until then a one word answer is acceptable.
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

No actually. President_Scroob, big guy, I can respond however I like as long as it doesn't violate the forum guidelines.

If you believe I have violated the forI'm guidelines then feel free to report me.

Acceptable by forum rules, Just not intelligent. Anyways, is there an ignore feature on the board? I have no desire to talk to someone that thinks a discussion is a single word.
  • StarSon
    7529 posts Member
    Options
    My only problem is that I don't know they are locked out. I spent 50 crystals today to jump from 5 to 1, but couldn't attack 1 or 2 because they were in battle. Had I known that prior I would have saved the crystals.
  • Options

If you believe I have violated the forI'm guidelines then feel free to report me.

Acceptable by forum rules, Just not intelligent. Anyways, is there an ignore feature on the board? I have no desire to talk to someone that thinks a discussion is a single word.

I didn't say it was a discussion. It was a dismissal of your idea, not a discussion.

Luckily for a lot of people on this forum intelligence is not a rule to post here, and therefore not against forum guidelines.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    If you guys keep going @cosmicturtle333 @President_Scroob this post will be closed in no time (Y).
  • Options
    Baldo wrote: »
    If you guys keep going @cosmicturtle333 @President_Scroob this post will be closed in no time (Y).

Doesn't bother me, it's not my thread.

Keep replying to me and I will keep arguing.
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Ah so, troll who thinks he has to "win" an arugment. Gotcha. I'll ignore you then.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Well why destroy someones thread instead of just moving on to something more important?
  • Ely
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Thats a good idea but would never happen because it takes away the chance to spend crystal

It could cost 50 crystals, that would prevent the need to immediately get back into a battle to keep your spot and prevent the chance that you pay the 50 crystals and someone already grabbed you.
  • Options
    Ely wrote: »
    Thats a good idea but would never happen because it takes away the chance to spend crystal

It could cost 50 crystals, that would prevent the need to immediately get back into a battle to keep your spot and prevent the chance that you pay the 50 crystals and someone already grabbed you.

This is another issue with the current setup. If they aren't putting live pvp in, there needs to be a notification that you are under attack BEFORE you spend crystals
  • Options
    I disagree with the original idea of changing the lockouts. The way I see it is there's 2 logical ways to solve this problem.

1) hang around rank 50 or so that way you don't care about the top lockouts and always have somewhere to climb.

2) many won't like that, so why not have a random payout timer? I know timing your battles and refreshes and everything is part of the strategy, but I think it would be entertaining to have payouts hit at random times. Currently rewards are distributed at 7 pm pst for me. Instead, just have it hit somewhere between 6 and 9.

I'm sure people would blow up with "argh, didn't have a chance to do anything and rewards went out at 6:15. So mad. Dumb system!" But hey, this way you could just play your game and cross fingers and hope for the best RTG (random time generator).
  • Options

Well why destroy someones thread instead of just moving on to something more important?

So posting a one word answer is destroying someone's thread?

@President_Scroob @Baldo @Timitock and @Jaquizz1616 all felt it was necessary to reply to me. I wouldn't have posted any more than my one word answer if no one replied to me.

If someone wants to get into an argument about what should and should not be posted then I will participate in the debate.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options

@President_Scroob @Baldo @Timitock and @Jaquizz1616 all felt it was necessary to reply to me. I wouldn't have posted any more than my one word answer if no one replied to me.

If someone wants to get into an argument about what should and should not be posted then I will participate in the debate.

I'm not talking about the one word answer at all quite frankly I couldn't care less about that it's just the last 15 posts haven't been on topic at all..
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Ely wrote: »

This is another issue with the current setup. If they aren't putting live pvp in, there needs to be a notification that you are under attack BEFORE you spend crystals

+1
    It really sucks when that happens.
    Good idea.
  • Options

Then do it elsewhere please and stop trolling this thread
  • Options
    I'm in your shard Scroob. I hate the lockouts too. You have generated some great ideas
  • Options

Then do it elsewhere please and stop trolling this thread

You replied to me, then I replied to you. If you didn't reply to me then I wouldn't have replied to you. Get it?
  • Options
    I'm in your shard Scroob. I hate the lockouts too. You have generated some great ideas

YOU. Lol. Mr. Greedo
  • Options

I'm not talking about the one word answer at all quite frankly I couldn't care less about that it's just the last 15 posts haven't been on topic at all..

So stop talking about the argument and I will too.
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah it sucks. I was trying to get #5 today and immediately after it finally changed to a new player they had crystaled a new match already and I was stuck at #9 for about ten minutes. And I mean I was trying to hit #5 about every 5-10 seconds and still couldn't get in there. So frustrating. All I wanted was #5 and somebody leaped into 5 and then instantaneously refreshed to hit #1 so no soup for me.
  • Options
    I like the idea of live PVP, but not sure it would work. Couldn't the person "defending" just not make a move and run out the timer?
  • Options
    Lol...he Never shoots first!!!!
  • Options
    Joby_Wan1 wrote: »
    I like the idea of live PVP, but not sure it would work. Couldn't the person "defending" just not make a move and run out the timer?

Yeah there would need to be a timer on actual moves
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options

So stop talking about the argument and I will too.

Deal!
  • Options
    While I like the thought of a taking control of my team on defense option, it doesn't work with the timer unless you also force quick action. The higher defending seed would just act slowly and run out the clock
  • Options
    Chewychuck wrote: »
    While I like the thought of a taking control of my team on defense option, it doesn't work with the timer unless you also force quick action. The higher defending seed would just act slowly and run out the clock

Yep. But I think it would be fairly simple to implement a 5 second timer on moves for live PVP