More updates coming! - Megathread

Replies

• Options
    irvvri wrote: »
    so.. all i want is a heal-able protection bar and i'll be set. ALL IN FAVOR SAY AYE

how would that be useful at all...if its heal-able then its basically just a health bar...so no different from they way things used to be
  • BamBam
    280 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    -1. We were begging for changes and new content for months. We asked for all of this.

I would rather wait and have the updates spaced a month apart and have two, well tested updates instead of two half baked ones.

I'm surprised "half baked" wasnt bleeped out of your post. #drugs #olddrugmovies #Davechappele
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Options
    Arx_mereel wrote: »
    Im still waiting for Revan......

+1
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    Hello Heroes!

I just posted a brief announcement about upcoming updates based on your recent feedback here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/29989/more-updates-coming?new=1

Please use this mega-thread for any related posts.

Thanks!
    Key areas we’re also looking at:
    Making the fully random drop rate experience more predictable, an oxymoron that’s harder than it seems
    Hello,

i am sorry, i havent read all replays here, so maybe someone already posted same/similar idea. However, i'll type it anyway:
    I dont know, how your database looks like, if date/drop rate is client or server sided (at least, i hope its on server ;) ). Maybe you could add an counter for each drop per player (i know, this are alot of datasets, probably you can partition it by user-id's or whatever), which could be used to manipulate the original drop-chance. An example:

Cold streack: Im farming shards on cantina node, the initial droprate is 1/3 (=drops/required attempts). Attempt 1 (0: 33% =current counter: current droprate%) = no drop = counter++; ... attempt 2 (1: 33%) = no drop = counter++; attempt 3 (2: 33%) = no drop = counter++; (now, since its 1/3, it should have been dropped atleast once, but it didnt, the counter reached the required attempts, now the game could temporary raise the droprate for (example) 10% ... attempt 4 (3: 43%) = no drop = counter++; +10% droprate ... attempt 5 (4: 53%) = no drop = counter++; +10% droprate ... attempt 6 (5: 63%) = finally a drop = counter=counter-3; =counter back to 2 and droprate back to 33%

Hot streack: Attempt 2 (0: 33%) = drop = counter--; ..- attempt 2 (-1: 33%) = drop = counter--: = abs(counter) is higher then drops (from drops/required attempts), droprate gets lowered by 10% ... attempt 3 (-2: 23%) = drop = counter--; droprate -10% ... attempt 4 (-3: 13%) = no drop = counter++; = droprate+10% (=23%)

Just an idea ...
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    -1. We were begging for changes and new content for months. We asked for all of this.

I would rather wait and have the updates spaced a month apart and have two, well tested updates instead of two half baked ones.

There is something to be said for getting it right the first time but people were complaining that there wasn't enough to do. So they have some stuff coming. However, they had to balance the game before they could push out new content and they had to increase the cap to help with balance. You may be right that they are coming too close but I am not experiencing a lot of bugs. Sure there are a few but overall the game is stable. There were some changes/lack of changes that I don't like but other than competition based things, I think the game itself is in a good place. There are arguments to be made for more testing to the combat changes because now we have Leia and 5's going crazy but hopefully things will level out when we hit 80 or they will undo some of the nerfs to AOE damage so Leia can be attacked with something.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    They have to just keep overpowering and nerfing characters to keep people developing all of the characters.

Royal Guard >>>>> Chewie

Seriously
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Options
    Hey all -

Just wanted to check in let you know that we will not be doing any more of these targeted updates this week.

Having had a chance to discuss this further with the team, trying to push out yet more updates this week will add too much risk to the big Guilds and Raids update coming this Sunday evening (Pacific time).

We *are* continuing to work on the items I listed, but we won't be able to get other things out on top of the steps we need to take to get out the Sunday update.

I'll be posting an update early next week once we get past the Sunday update.

Thanks!

Generally speaking I agree with "Threes".
    Postpone the Guilds & Raids update and get your ducks in a row 1st.
    Quality over Quantity.
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    reizse wrote: »
    @Peempo - Yes, those are among the characters we're reviewing. We're looking at each of the most commonly-discussed heroes.

omg ANNIIEEEEEEEEEEE may be a tad bit more useful in the future. i'm happy if that's the case

@Peempo great thanks a ton for the back up!
  • Peempo
    403 posts Member
    Options
    Yezzir :) now if only we could get some follow up on character tweaks
  • Options
    Bon_El wrote: »
    Hey all -

Just wanted to check in let you know that we will not be doing any more of these targeted updates this week.

Having had a chance to discuss this further with the team, trying to push out yet more updates this week will add too much risk to the big Guilds and Raids update coming this Sunday evening (Pacific time).

We *are* continuing to work on the items I listed, but we won't be able to get other things out on top of the steps we need to take to get out the Sunday update.

Thanks!

Quality over Quantity.

The last time someone started a sentence 'generally speaking' it was a blatant lie.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Hey all -

Thanks!

Quality over Quantity.

The last time someone started a sentence 'generally speaking' it was a blatant lie.

LOL
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Hey all -

Thanks!

Quality over Quantity.

When it comes to 6 month old Jamal, Ryan You ARE THE FATHER.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Peempo wrote: »
    Yezzir :) now if only we could get some follow up on character tweaks

Would be nice Monday I guess!
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Can we get an update on dodge while stunned. Just happened to me 5 times consecutively, not that mad but it is annoying and I lost. Thanks!
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Options
    Hey all -

Thanks!

Quality over Quantity.

Ha. Well I certainly don't want anyone thinking I agree with everything you say. I mean c'mon agreeing with a triple monikered space turtle needs a qualifier!
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • Options
    Here's my biggest gripe...

The Yoda challenge was stoopid hard, took months of dedication, all your resources and beyond the norm for my patience...

For that I have a gear 9 level 75 7* Yoda, that I am not even using in GW now, let alone arena...

I don't understand the rationale behind that... Why not reward the few who persevered?

No, you just nerf the challenge for next time....

Really bursts my bubble on my accomplishment....

The game has not been the same since the update...

I for one DREAD the next update!

I cannot even imagine that it be good. I hope, but the evidence was say NOT!

HELP
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I don't think Yoda is all that bad, he still hits pretty hard on his basic and gets automatic Foresight, not to mention all the other cool stuff he has. The reduced damage is a little disappointing but I don't think it makes Yoda unplayable by any means, especially not in GW. Yoda keeps GW mildly fun. I think Yoda is great against teams with 5's. I usually have Yoda and one other toon up. I just keep doing Ataru on 5's and getting Foresight so his counter doesn't hurt me and BM to give it to whoever else is still up. When 5's is in the Yellow, UF and 5's is now stunned, GG.
  • Options
    MrDoublez wrote: »
    so.. all i want is a heal-able protection bar and i'll be set. ALL IN FAVOR SAY AYE

how would that be useful at all...if its heal-able then its basically just a health bar...so no different from they way things used to be

Exactly what a lot of people want
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options

Exactly what a lot of people want

And a lot don't
  • Options
    @CG_JohnSalera

Look at General Grievous please. He is way to weak for a character that is that hard to get.
  • IZNAZTTI
    26 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    (I'm number one)

Relax u didn't beat me. U beat a computer with my characters.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our Community Guidelines]
    Post edited by Afista on
  • Options
    Please,can you modify jawa's power because its too high.its ridiculous and impossible to win and its only the battle 5 at final.kylo savage cant resist!!**** droids and geonosian are too powerfuls,1 shot 1 kill!im level 60.....and disapointed
  • Ugluk
    274 posts Member
    Options
    Give your devs a pet project. Restore an underused character to respectability once per week. Alternate between F2P characters and Chromium exclusives. To pull some names out of a hat, start with someone like Plo Koon, then Fisto, then Stormtrooper, then Cad Bane – and so on. Share the project around, so they all get a turn – I’m sure they’ll all have ideas and favourites they’d like to see in more regular use.

Fixing these poorly performing characters to genuine usefulness is nearly as good as releasing a new character. It shouldn’t be – they should all be tuned and working effectively when you release a big combat retuning like this, that ball has already been dropped – but let’s call a spade a spade, most of these toons have seen little to no use in the game for 90% of players. Having more viable characters is what most of the playerbase wants, and this is an easy way to give it to them. You shouldn’t deserve kudos for doing something that should have already been done – but we’re at the stage where rising above the current mediocre standard will seem like a win, even like there’s new content. Retuning current characters should be a lot easier to pull off than releasing new ones as well.
  • Options
    The protection meter was a horrible idea. Health meter is all that's necessary. I hope it's removed with the next update.
  • Options
    The protection meter was a horrible idea. Health meter is all that's necessary. I hope it's removed with the next update.
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    RickKenney wrote: »

I disagree, they serve very different purposes
  • Seku
    575 posts Member
    Options
    I hope more Jedi characters from the clone wars series will come out in more future updates :)
  • Rogan_Ban84
    1415 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @CG_JohnSalera

HI,
    So defence is pretty much none existent in high lvl arena. As a player, I think this is an issue as it dulls the game. Are there any plans to tweak AI for improvement on defense?.

• Options
    Ugluk wrote: »
    Give your devs a pet project. Restore an underused character to respectability once per week. Alternate between F2P characters and Chromium exclusives. To pull some names out of a hat, start with someone like Plo Koon, then Fisto, then Stormtrooper, then Cad Bane – and so on. Share the project around, so they all get a turn – I’m sure they’ll all have ideas and favourites they’d like to see in more regular use.

Fixing these poorly performing characters to genuine usefulness is nearly as good as releasing a new character. It shouldn’t be – they should all be tuned and working effectively when you release a big combat retuning like this, that ball has already been dropped – but let’s call a spade a spade, most of these toons have seen little to no use in the game for 90% of players. Having more viable characters is what most of the playerbase wants, and this is an easy way to give it to them. You shouldn’t deserve kudos for doing something that should have already been done – but we’re at the stage where rising above the current mediocre standard will seem like a win, even like there’s new content. Retuning current characters should be a lot easier to pull off than releasing new ones as well.

+1
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    RickKenney wrote: »

+1