WhipiT's F2P Team For Arena

Replies

• Options
    WhipIT did you look at Rey? I don't know whether or not the AI will trigger her flurry of blows in the first round. It would seem to pair really well with this squad. Assuming Leia's bugs eventually gets fixed she may be a replacement. She's not exactly an easy farm but would count as a FTP.
  • Options
    Trilbo wrote: »
    As no one seemed to mention it, phasma's synergy with counters works in reverse also. Dooku/5's will counter attack both the first attacker and the assist attacker as well.

5's has a chance to counter both attackers while dooku always counters :tongue:
  • Options
    Shanks wrote: »
    Trilbo wrote: »
    As no one seemed to mention it, phasma's synergy with counters works in reverse also. Dooku/5's will counter attack both the first attacker and the assist attacker as well.

5's has a chance to counter both attackers while dooku always counters :tongue:

Yes but the point was if you trigger an assist and attack dooku with 2 characters dooku will counter attack them both.
  • Daprosy
    90 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    who would be best to slot in for Ren until I progress that far and am able to farm for him? Lv 44 ATM...also as Im F2P the fact that Ren, JC and Luke all compete for shards in cantina is worrying so id like to be able to put sid in (he can provide healing immunity too) I dont have Dooku, but have 4* Barriss, 3* JC, 4* Luke and just got Sid

Captain Phasma ( Lead)
    Kylo Ren/Sid/JC/Barriss (others?)
    55555 "Fives"
    Luminara
    Luke Skywalker
    Post edited by Daprosy on
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Options
    Daprosy wrote: »
    who would be best to slot in for Ren until I progress that far and am able to farm for him? Lv 44 ATM...also as Im F2P the fact that Ren, JC and Luke all compete for shards in cantina is worrying so id like to be able to put sid in (he can provide healing immunity too) I dont have Dooku, but have 4* Barriss, 3* JC, 4* Luke and just got Sid

Captain Phasma ( Lead)
    Kylo Ren/Sid/JC/Barriss (others?)
    55555 "Fives"
    Luminara
    Luke Skywalker

That is an awesome lineup. I would run Phasma lead/Sid/fives/luminara/luke

Fives works very well with Phasmas lead ability. Luke is an awesome single target dps. Luminara provides solid dps/heals and Sid is just a powerhouse.
  • Daprosy
    90 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Sweet thanks...I find your posts very helpful BTW keep up the good work!

I got lucky and pulled fives in an early chromium until i learned from yourself refreshing energy would be a better way to go. So he is 4* already and 30 more shards to go until 5* :smiley:

One last question...who should I try and get to 4* first Phasma or Lumi...im thinking lumi as I only have 1 healer in that team, and then should I go and try to get lumi to 5* before phasma to 4*?

Hopefully the new update doesnt make this team redundant haha
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Sweet thanks...I find your posts very helpful BTW keep up the good work!

I got lucky and pulled fives in an early chromium until i learned from yourself refreshing energy would be a better way to go. So he is 4* already and 30 more shards to go until 5* :smiley:

One last question...who should I try and get to 4* first Phasma or Lumi...im thinking lumi as I only have 1 healer in that team, and then should I go and try to get lumi to 5* before phasma to 4*?

Hopefully the new update doesnt make this team redundant haha

Right lol! I get nervous too when I hear of a game update. You never know what the devs will do. I woukd get lumi to at least 6* then get Phasma 6*. Then Lumi to 7 * etc.
  • Daprosy
    90 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    WhipiT wrote: »

Right lol! I get nervous too when I hear of a game update. You never know what the devs will do. I woukd get lumi to at least 6* then get Phasma 6*. Then Lumi to 7 * etc.

Cheers mate
  • Options
    I have a 3* Leia. You didn't state what level for each character. Would you put her in at 3* or keep her out since she's a lower star than the others?
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Options
    I have a 3* Leia. You didn't state what level for each character. Would you put her in at 3* or keep her out since she's a lower star than the others?

Great question! I wouldn't use her at 3 star personally... she only has like 6k HP. But she is a very common drop in chronos. If you could at least get her to 5* that would give her couple thousand more HP and a big spike in damage.
  • Options
    OK, thanks. I got her from the only 8 pack i ever opened. I haven't tried any since then, particularly since everything else was junk. Good to know that they drop her shards regularly though. So maybe later, if and when I get enough crystals.

I may need to substitute Luke for Leia then. If that makes sense .
  • scootle
    237 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I've been having fun with a variation of this line-up with the toons I have available and it's been great fun.

qzmVSCf.jpg

6* Sid, 5* Lumi, 4* Phasma, 4* Dooku, 3* Fives

When you trigger Fives' special and you see *two* toons jump (due to Phasma's lead) at the target simultaneously, that is some serious lulz... and anytime someone AoEs, they get Dooku and Fives in their face.

Working on unlocking Kylo still, but I can see why he'd be a nice addition to this lineup.

PS for GW, I've just been using this squad with Phasma swapping out for Barriss as needed to keep everyone topped up. Phasma doesn't seem to shine as well in GW due to her long cooldown abilities though... plus all the retreating sometimes negates her debuffs on the opposing team.
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    Been using a similar version in the arena for a little while now, I use 7* sidious instead of fives. I have also used a Phasma ally whenever possible. Anyway I have never seen a extra attack or assist cause another assist so Fives and the Count, while solid, are not necessary and could be swapped for heroes.
  • Options
    Will this be good enough?,

Phasma
    Sidious
    Dooku
    Luke
    Daka

??.

I ask because if not im going to have to stop farming daka and dooku immediately.

Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I faced a Phasma team with Daka and she had half my team stunned the whole match...it was crazy. I also have seen a few Phasma teams with Han, the idea being between AoE slow, +45% turn meter and Han you get a lot of extra turns. When I faced it yesterday my Dooku hit Han with the stun first just to stop the crazy turn meter shift. Today it must have been a low level Han because he dropped fast.

Anyway Luke, Daka, and Dooku go down pretty fast so unless you get lucky with stuns you probably want to mix it up. That is another feather in Fives cap, he is a tank and he also can slow for more turn meter advantage.
  • JaceTirel
    23 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm currently running with Lvl 48 toons;
    3* (Gear 6) Phasma (L)
    4* (Gear 6) Sid
    4* (Gear 7) JC
    4* (Gear 6) Lumi
    and 4* (Gear 6) Dooku. (got lucky with a 3* bronzium pull on dooku)

I unlocked Luke (level 48 3* Gear 4 atm) while I was farming Cantina and waiting to get to JC shards and used the shipments to acquire Booba (currently 45/80 shards). After looking around and reading up on several posts, I wanted to ask if there is anything I could do to improve my lineup. It seems like 55555's would have better synergy with (L)Phasma.

So my first question is (1)Should I stop getting Booba shards and get 55555's instead Or unlock Booba and then get 55555's Shards?

and

(2) Should I farm Luke Shards instead of JC shards at the Cantina or get JC to 7* and then focus on Luke?

What do you think would be the best approach at this point?
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    Farm Kylo Ren instead of JC or Luke. As for Cantina shipments...ask someone else, I am banking them because I can't make up my mind. I am personally trying to make up my mind between first order officer and Poe. Old Daka would probably be the safest approach because she is so handy for Dark Side missions and GW in a pinch.

Alternatively you could run a different build with Sidious or Boba as leader and get Luke for crit synergy. Before you get 5 solid heroes almost maxed out the biggest thing is to just keep farming the same shards until you do, then you can work on improving the synergy or trying new teams.
  • Options
    Hello fellow SWGOH players I start out of country contract work in three days so I might not be able to log on for a couple months. I want to leave all you f2p players with one last combination of characters that are totally attainable in-game and are quite devestating together as it creates multiple opportunities to attack. When played correctly it can leave the other team in a bad spot before they ever are able to launch there first attack. I personally have gotten off 5 attacks before my opponent got there first turn.

But this combination is even more deadly with AI playing it as the AI has a higher % to trigger abilities thus creating even more multiple attacks. The first combo is purely f2p. The alternate combination is for paying players who might have Dooku and/or Princess Leia. This is not a beat all setup but it is EXTREMELY well rounded on offense and even more on defense. The shining part...it's all free and will at the very least keep you in the top 50-100 even at all 4-5 star without worry of slipping down the ranks further. It's that good on defense.

Free To Play

Captain Phasma ( Lead)
    Kylo Ren
    55555 "Fives"
    Luminara
    Luke Skywalker/Darth Sidious/ IG86/Any high single target DPS ((((Dooku if you have him preferably!!!!!))))

The key here is proccing Phasma's leadership ability. Fives works well in this synergy as his call an ally to assist ability can not only trigger when he attacks but can trigger for the ally as well giving a possible four attacks for the price of one special. Did I mention it can activate on his counter attack??? Add Dooku and you have two counter attackers!! Whoever you place on that 5th slot make sure that it's a high Single target DPS with there default ability. Dooku is a MONSTER with this setup as his bonus attack has a chance of triggering Phasma's leadership ability so he can possibly trigger 3 attacks with one counter!!! Luke is 2nd best as his default ability hits extremely hard with a high crit chance. Sidious will do as well but wouldnt be my first choice.

Pay to Play

Murders Row right here with this lineup. It is the best defensive combo that takes full advantage of Phasma's leadership skill I have found. Granted my Tie Pilot is only 5* he packs a punch.

Captain Phasma
    Kylo Ren
    Princess Leia
    Tie Pilot/ 55555 "Fives"
    Dooku

This is just a devastating combo and I feel there are so many more posible combination particularly in other First Order Type characters. I am not kidding I have had Leia attack 2-3 times in a row then trigger an ally assist. This I think is more well rounded on defense as you have no need for a healer. Play this combo and you'll see why I say that. Hope this helps someone.

What kind of proc % are you getting with Phasma's leadership for bonus attacks? I have both Phasma & Kylo level 60; 7gear and while using in Lead, I wasn't happy with the amount of bonus attacks. What can be done to increase it? I have all abilities nearly maxed on Phasma & Kylo.

Known as íN Quartus Ω in the game
    Member of Team Instinct
  • Options
    Uanaka wrote: »
    Not really sure how you consider Phasma or Kylo... f2p characters?

Because they're both easy to get without spending money, I got Kylo Ren this week didnt spend a penny earned him myself. & I would have phasma if I wasnt focused on finishing Lumi they're in the same shipment
  • Options
    I'm F2p and have a 6* Kylo on 47/100 shards. He's very f2p friendly.

I'm working on this team currently,

Phasma (L)
    Dooku
    Fives
    GS
    Kylo

I know from experience that I usually stun/kill Lumi in round one or focus someone down to red with healing debuff, forcing lumi to waste her heal. Currently healers hinder your team too much, they likely die fast or the character that needs healing is usually debuffs. So all offense for the win :).
  • Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    WhipIT did you look at Rey? I don't know whether or not the AI will trigger her flurry of blows in the first round. It would seem to pair really well with this squad. Assuming Leia's bugs eventually gets fixed she may be a replacement. She's not exactly an easy farm but would count as a FTP.

@SlyGambit. Rey looks awesome in my opinion. I don't even have her unlocked yet but I have fought her in GW and I was really impressed. Hopefully I have her unlocked soon so I can play around with her.
  • Options
    What kind of proc % are you getting with Phasma's leadership for bonus attacks? I have both Phasma & Kylo level 60; 7gear and while using in Lead, I wasn't happy with the amount of bonus attacks. What can be done to increase it? I have all abilities nearly maxed on Phasma & Kylo.[/quote]

Bad, its also bugged for First Order, they don't have an increased chance. Nothing can be done to increase it. The point is the when the computer defends all things that have a % chance of happening seem to go up a few hundred percent so that on defense it procs a lot. I had one fight vs a Phasma where it proced on 80% of attacks.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Randall wrote: »
    What kind of proc % are you getting with Phasma's leadership for bonus attacks? I have both Phasma & Kylo level 60; 7gear and while using in Lead, I wasn't happy with the amount of bonus attacks. What can be done to i

I honestly don't have a huge proc rate in a match maybe 3 to 4 times. That's all I would expect on average and I was satisfied with that. 3 or 4 extra attacks in a match is a good bit of damage. And it holds rank extremely well. On my alt account I never go below rank 20 in 24 hours with my Phasma team on a established server.

It's not the best for sure but it's free!
  • Options
    Randall wrote: »
    What kind of proc % are you getting with Phasma's leadership for bonus attacks? I have both Phasma & Kylo level 60; 7gear and while using in Lead, I wasn't happy with the amount of bonus attacks. What can be done to i

I honestly don't have a huge proc rate in a match maybe 3 to 4 times. That's all I would expect on average and I was satisfied with that. 3 or 4 extra attacks in a match is a good bit of damage. And it holds rank extremely well. On my alt account I never go below rank 20 in 24 hours with my Phasma team on a established server.

It's not the best for sure but it's free!

WhipIT - you mentioned the 5555's on Phasma's Bonus attack potentially calling an ally for his attack. That assumes the you get Special Abilities activated with Phasma's Bonus. I've never seen it, I think only the Basic attacks come out. For example, that would mean we would see IG-86 (Assassin Droid Tactics -call ally to assist), Dooku Forced Lightning (Special), Tusken Raider Ambush (ally - special), not to mention all the healers etc. 5's Combined Fire is the call an ally to assist and it's a special ability. I don't believe any Special abilities come out from any Bonus attacks, either from Phasma or any other toon with bonus ability.

Please correct if I'm wrong.

Known as íN Quartus Ω in the game
    Member of Team Instinct
  • Options
    So I'm working on this ... A couple of thoughts and questions ....

Assuming that phasma's leadership ability is, as some have reported, bugged so that it effects FO the same as other heroes, is kylo ren still a good choice for this team?

For the 5th slot I assume that a 7* Sid would be a better choice than a 4* dooku, even with less synergy? Is 88 a viable hero for that spot, or too squishy?

Is there any way to integrate Poogle to this team, or are you just giving up too much in terms of strong attackers?

if I stick with Sid and Luminara as two members of the team, I'm basically going to be swapping out a 6*JC, and 5* Poogle and Luke, for Phasma/fives/ren. How far should I star the new guys up before I make the switch to the new team? Phasma 6 and ren and fives 5?

• Options
    this is fairly similar to the team roster that i am working on/use which is working out great for me thus far,

Currently run:
    Phasma (lead)
    Sidious/Kylo/Anakin/HK47 (debuffers)
    Sidious/Vader/IG86/Ima-Gun (high damage
    Luminara/JC/Daka (healer)
    5555s/Han (taunt/tank role)

Have only just unlocked anakin (after over a month of trying) and Daka so they still need some work, but shouldnt be too long before they are A team ready
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure I've got a little quicker combo using a few replacements. It's working very well for me. I can take out teams with a 1000 + and take them all out in 1 and 1/2 minutes without losing a toon. A five star Phasma in leader; a Four star old Ben; Five star Count Dooku; Six star Talia (all the healing needed) and Rey to slaughter everything. A high powered Ren can do it too, but not like Rey. It's basically because of the synergies in turn meter, and Old Ben knocking out anything that could be used against you. With Rey's speed, it's a slaughter. All these are at 60. Talia, Rey, and Dooku; with that much speed and attack, is a wicked thing to behold. I didn't plan this team; I just learned about turn-meter and luckily had the players. Rey was all luck...
  • Daprosy
    90 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Most of those toons are not F2P...Rey, Old Ben and Dooku will take ages to farm! Ive been working on rey for ages and im only 25/80

Currently im Phasma/Fives/sid/lumi/luke
    And im lv 51 so should i start farming ren to replace my 5* luke? I do need another dark side character
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    Most of those toons are not F2P...Rey, Old Ben and Dooku will take ages to farm! Ive been working on rey for ages and im only 25/80

Currently im Phasma/Fives/sid/lumi/luke
    And im lv 51 so should i start farming ren to replace my 5* luke? I do need another dark side character

I dont have Luke so I cant say but I do like Kylo. Word on the street is the first order bonus for Phasma isnt working, also higher star heroes are generally stronger, so if luke is working finish luke first.
  • Options
    @WhipiT In your opinion, do you think the team composition you layed out is still viable for F2P at end game with the new patch?