Protection in GW issues

Replies

• Options
    shampoo wrote: »
    You need more high level high geared high star characters, so you'll have to spend more money. So GW is "working as intended"

This was my thought exactly; I used to have no problem finishing GW, but after this update I worked to get most of my characters to gear level VII so that they'd have protection, and not just my best 20 characters or so. They just want to force us to gear up all our characters and not just the ones we use for the Squad Arena.

So I changed my strategy:

After gearing all but like 4 of my characters to gear level VII, I use my less valuable characters to be targeted while 3 of my good characters (Chewie b/c of his self healing, Sid b/c of his healing when opponents die, and Lumi bc her healing helps everyone). The other teams usually attack my crappy characters first and they die out and get replaced with other non-maxed out characters that aren't apart of my A team (that I use for squad arena). Then towards the last three battles, I use my B team characters (who are essentially a suicide squad) to go in and get rid of everyone's protection, and my team dies in the process. Then I send in my A team, and they're more evenly matched and even if my A team loses protection by the last battle, it's still even because I send in a suicide team first to get rid of the opposing team's protection.

This has resulted in me completing every time.

I will say though, it does still take a LOT longer to complete due to the need to retry if the turn sequences don't work out how I want them.

tl;dr Use suicide squads to get rid of teams' protection in the later battles, and it's even for your best team to be used over and over again even if their protection is depleted too.
  • nachospimp7
    119 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    So I want to Play some Gears 4 beta so I say well I should do the Gw now before I forget about it, now Im stuck and have been for like 40 minutes trying to figure out the perfect combinations or Rng, please consider taking out the protection its just to much time.
  • Options
    Precious sorry.
  • Options
    So precious that it can not be spent playing this game. No, no, you should be doing something worth while like playing a different game
  • Options
    Well I got like an hour for my hobbies.
  • Options
    Please accept my most humble apology sire.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    You got a 7*, gear 8, lvl 75 A team?

Got a decent bench?
  • Options
    Get prepared for this. With players gearing and staring up, and you too leveling up, GW is going to be more and more challenging. And with the protection mode it is going to take more and more time.
    I won't be suprised that at lvl 80, GW takes more than an hour to complete.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Im not sure why people have such a problem with Protection...
    It keeps your lowbie Suicide Squads alive long enough to do some damage...
    Not all opponents have it...
    It lends some importance to the "UPGRADE" part of upgrading your gear tier...
    Making a dude purple is a clear sign your toon is GW/Raid capable...
    Having more combat factors makes it more challenging, allowing skill to have meaning...

• Magisto
    384 posts Member
    Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    Having more combat factors makes it more challenging, allowing skill to have meaning...
    Most people have already said it's about the longer play times.
  • Options
    Magisto wrote: »
    Great, but it's still a bogus argument. If they don't want to play so long they can simply stop playing. They still get rewards, just not all of them. It's not about the time, it's that they want the full reward without doing the work.
    I'll bet the same people complain that when they run out of things to do in the game, they want more game content. The content is there, they just don't want it to be a challenge.
  • Options

Its not about that I can beat it but it takes so much time and if you add the how boring it is I think its not worth my time sometimes, like today for example I started at 9:30 ended up about 10:40.
  • Options
    Turn the auto attack on. Goes by in minutes. I mean like 20-30 minutes. So quick in fact I have time to write this response to your post and eat some chips too.
  • Options
    Great, but it's still a bogus argument. If they don't want to play so long they can simply stop playing. They still get rewards, just not all of them. It's not about the time, it's that they want the full reward without doing the work.
    I'll bet the same people complain that when they run out of things to do in the game, they want more game content. The content is there, they just don't want it to be a challenge.

This +1000 with a cherry on top. They complain they can't auto everything anymore and just get their payoffs. Others like the fact there's more strategy involved. I think there are people who think of this game as a themed version of candy crush...rewards, bells and whistles.

I mean it's called Galactic War, you should need to have multiple squads...it should be a relatively slow burn and require thought/experimentation/learning, no?
  • Magisto
    384 posts Member
    Options
    Challenging doesn't have to be longer play times.
  • Options
    Turn the auto attack on. Goes by in minutes. I mean like 20-30 minutes. So quick in fact I have time to write this response to your post and eat some chips too.

It will be really helpful if you can post a video how you do GW in auto. Till now I have not seen any one doing that.
  • Options
    I can get up to node 9-10 on auto with manual select and occasionally taking manual control. This is with a very subpar roster. So I'm sure it's not impossible.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    I can get up to node 9-10 on auto with manual select and occasionally taking manual control. This is with a very subpar roster. So I'm sure it's not impossible.

Depends on your definition of "subpar". What's your arena power level?
  • Options
    I should have gave a more detailed explanation but I had Doritos Nacho cheese on my fingers.
    It's selective auto I control who gets attacked and if my squad has Greedo in it I shut it off unless I want him to toss a DT. If it's my Ewok squad I run manually, the animation is just to quick and you have to know who to target for TM reduction. My Jedi team I just let them go with just me focusing on who gets hit. As for strategy 3/4 of the time I fight a variation of the same squad in 9 out of 12 nodes. Mind numbingly mundane.
  • Options
    I just auto the one battle and get my daily, I don't have three hours to waste and strategize.
  • Options
    Challenging doesn't have to be longer play times.
    That is a total contradiction. Are you saying that greater challenge should take LESS time? If it takes less time then it is less challenging. Challenging means it is not easy to beat. It takes more more thought, more strategy, and more attempts, i.e. more TIME. If you don't want to spend more than 30 minutes at it, then simply STOP after 30 minutes and tell yourself you are satisfied. You got 30 minutes of challenge. So what is your problem?
  • TH3_GR34T_FR3DY
    7 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I am able to beat GW everyday with only 6 characters. Here are my stats:

Player Level 72 (I maintain all these toons at max level, always)
    QGJ (Lead) 6* Gear 8
    Lumi (2nd Lead) 7* Gear 8
    JC 5* Gear 8
    Obi-Wan 6* Gear 8
    Yoda 5* Gear 8
    Darth Sidious (In reserve) 7* Gear 8

Whenever I face Darth Sidious and/or Count Dooku (which are the scariest anti-jedi toons), I make sure to start every battle with Yoda's BM. This saves me from stuns and heal immunity until I get rid of the hardest hitting toons with my first attacks. I always leave the healer and support characters for last to allow my team enough time to recover with heals and cooldown. At all costs, I avoid leaving my toons without all cooldowns refreshed. Also, use retreat a lot. Remember, if you retreat, all your toons reset and you can retry, focusing your first attacks on different toons until you get the right combination for all toons to survive ane be refreshed for their next battle.
  • Mota
    7 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    It doesn't appear that they give two damns about how we feel about it. I'm getting ever closer to taking my credit card and hard earned money somewhere else. They continually add unnecessary elements to a game that was once fun to play but now feels like a chore. I have no plans of spending any money in game at this point. Yet was happy to spend money in game before the horrid update they pushed out.

As they continually alienate players their profits will dwindle and EA will stop supporting the game and it will fall into obscurity. But I suppose the logic behind mobile gaming is get as much money as you can as quick as you can and nothing else matters. Im a gamer and have subscribed to many games over the past 10-12 years happily. What companies like blizzard understood was player retention is better than quick profit. Sure you pay monthly for WoW and other mmorpg games and yes mobile games have a tendency to be flash in the pan. What EA doesn't seem to get is that it doesn't have to be that way. You can create a game that players will happily play for years and those players will happily purchase in game items to support the development of said game. What you don't do suddenly and so early in the life of the game is make sweeping massive changes that completely change the game.

I like the guild and raid idea. However protection added to an already lopsided aspect like galactic war is just unnecessary.
    Post edited by Mota on
  • Options
    Xaylin wrote: »
    GW is an even more horribly disguised money grab after thia update.

Clearly. Complete ****.
  • Options
    So it's been a week and there has been no reply from the development team. And this is supposed to be the "feedback" section? Feedback to whom? It seems more like the attitude in establishing this forum was "give them someplace to VENT, it will make them feel better".

Well, I don't feel better. Fellow players, do you feel better?
    Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side.
  • Options
    In the past with a much weaker (lower stars) squad I managed to complete GW 5 times.
    Well now I have a much better squad in stars and depth.
    Can I get any where near completion??? Not a chance!!!!!'nnn
    What is going on. Surely when you develop a game You aim to make it more enjoyable.
    Not to completely p.... people off!!!
    I can only speak for my self.
    But this part of the game has been ruined.
    Before it was hard. But now impossible!!!!!
    Is it going to "developed " to make it more realistic???
    If there are any developers reading this ?
    Please help!!!
  • Options
    Idem, dooku lead, Qgj, sid, daka, lumi
    Finished every day whit 4-5 retry
  • Options
    You didn't do as you promised. You said you're outta here for good, and yet here you are.

Check the forums better, post like yours happen multiple times a day. Yet in some threads, amidst criticism and outright belligerence, moderators and/or developers will respond to members. They don't feed the trolls, but answer realistic inquiries.

How is your inquiry non-realistic, you might ask? You just state "there are some serious issues", don't say what they are, and yet you want a response. Why do you think your opinion matters? And why should other players care if you leave or stay?

Lastly, this is feedback for the developers. You're supposed to give them feedback, never was it promised that they'd respond back.
  • Options
    I think they are still balancing things, especially after the last update. It is true that the "shields" make GW harder, and I wonder how hard it is for brand new players. I've played for less than two months and I have Lumi, JC, Phasma and Sid (who is useless to me) at seven stars. I struggle with a battle now every once in a while, and the last three can be difficult to leave with all players intact.

I can cope with GW right now, but new players might have little hope with getting Lumi and the other GW shards that make it playable.

I have good luck with Lumi leader (heals at start of battle to help top off health), JC, Phasma, Ahsoka (5*) and QJG(5*).

My backup is GS (4*), IG-86 (4*), Sid for lead, Vader and Kylo Ren (5*). I haven't lost yet, though I've come close to losing!
  • Scourge194
    390 posts Member
    Options
    @Coolhandlukeboy, my OP was a test, to see if the developers read this section, which they have proven that they don't by not responding. That is why I did not list the issues, such as they are. Those issues are listed elsewhere by myself and others.
    ...this is feedback for the developers. You're supposed to give them feedback, never was it promised that they'd respond back.

What is the point of giving them feedback if they don't even read our posts? That is my whole point.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side.