Perhaps you haven't tried them... *in-depth squad review*

Replies

• Options
    Defenders of Endor - the Ewok guild! Joins us and destroy all others!
  • Options
    @Tahnhauser how many people ya got? :smile:
  • Olfbald
    106 posts Member
    Options
    Shhh, first rule of fight club - dont talk about fight club.
  • Options
    Olfbald wrote: »
    Shhh, first rule of fight club - dont talk about fight club.

That was going through my head as I was writing it. :-p
  • Options
    Looks really cool so far.
    My question would be about arena timer.
    Since youre looking at a lot of low dmg attacks, how do you handle defensive teams who go with rg, fives, savage etc.
    when you're looking at 40-50k effective hp per enemy, will you be able to kill them in 5 minutes?
  • Options
    Alrikster wrote: »
    Looks really cool so far.
    My question would be about arena timer.
    Since youre looking at a lot of low dmg attacks, how do you handle defensive teams who go with rg, fives, savage etc.
    when you're looking at 40-50k effective hp per enemy, will you be able to kill them in 5 minutes?

The arena timer is never really an issue, come to think of it I haven't ran out of time with them before. High hp defenders aren't so much of a problem because you can handle their healers turn meters so efficiently. They don't get heals, they go down quick.
  • MirthYaywalker
    122 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Timer running out was an issue for me until I learned make timely use of the auto button :) it works wonders
  • Sharkybyte
    46 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    hi I did not log out so here i am saying hi. hi. hi. may the fist be with yall
  • Options
    Yub nub!
  • Options
    You think this would work with the Rancor?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    You think this would work with the Rancor?

I dunno but I plan to try!
  • Malokh
    18 posts Member
    Options
    I'm really considering them! I have Ewok Elder, Ewok Scout, and Teebo all unlocked at 3*. I'm wondering if they're worth it to put resources into. I mostly just used them for this recent Ewok event so I gained a bunch of shards for them. Are they good at lower * levels though? Because it'll take forever to collect shards for the scout and elder.
    Ally Code: 143-666-146
  • Options
    Malokh wrote: »
    I'm really considering them! I have Ewok Elder, Ewok Scout, and Teebo all unlocked at 3*. I'm wondering if they're worth it to put resources into. I mostly just used them for this recent Ewok event so I gained a bunch of shards for them. Are they good at lower * levels though? Because it'll take forever to collect shards for the scout and elder.

They're great even at lower levels but don't try to rush them, if you level them too fast level-wise and don't keep up with stars the enemies become too strong too fast :)
  • Options
    I've been working on my Ewok team for ages. Obviously the team with the most synergy, I hope nobody doubts that. Working with level 70ish gear 7-8 Ewok (EE and ES 4*, Chirpa 5*, Teebo 6*, RG 5*), I've found RG is vital to the team, especially for GW. The main weakness is the Elder - if he goes down, it gets rough, but anyone else dies and he will simply revive them. RG severely limits the ability for the enemy to knock out Elder. Some matches, I will need to revive RG two or more times, but by the end of the match, everyone has full health and no cooldowns. I can sweep GW with my Ewok team despite being underleveled and understarred.
    That said, with the changes to Ackbar, rebels might pose some competition. The GW sweep is much faster using Ackbar lead and just as easy, even without Leia. That said, the rebels I do have are all 7*. The synergy between Ackbar lead and Poggle is surprising, though sometimes in GW I swap Poggle for Elder (will make great use of Elder's rank 8 basic which gives 10% TM to non-Ewok once I get to level 76 - ironically, the only Ewok upgrade that doesn't benefit an Ewok team).
  • Options
    I've been working on my Ewok team for ages. Obviously the team with the most synergy, I hope nobody doubts that. Working with level 70ish gear 7-8 Ewok (EE and ES 4*, Chirpa 5*, Teebo 6*, RG 5*), I've found RG is vital to the team, especially for GW. The main weakness is the Elder - if he goes down, it gets rough, but anyone else dies and he will simply revive them. RG severely limits the ability for the enemy to knock out Elder. Some matches, I will need to revive RG two or more times, but by the end of the match, everyone has full health and no cooldowns. I can sweep GW with my Ewok team despite being underleveled and understarred.
    That said, with the changes to Ackbar, rebels might pose some competition. The GW sweep is much faster using Ackbar lead and just as easy, even without Leia. That said, the rebels I do have are all 7*. The synergy between Ackbar lead and Poggle is surprising, though sometimes in GW I swap Poggle for Elder (will make great use of Elder's rank 8 basic which gives 10% TM to non-Ewok once I get to level 76 - ironically, the only Ewok upgrade that doesn't benefit an Ewok team).

It's interesting you'd mention that, an all rebel team is the toughest fight I've had to date. I still took them but it was very close. As for that 10% TM to non-Ewok, dude it's awesome, that increase presents a noticeable increase in how often RG can pop off another stun or defense up man I love it. :-D
  • Options
    Has anyone fought the Rancor with this yet?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Has anyone fought the Rancor with this yet?

Not yet we'really supposed to be trying tomorrow I think?
  • Options
    Man don't bring this up... My Ewok team is coming along extremely well and the last thing I want is attention because that means Nerfs are abound!
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • DwightHalpert
    182 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    What about a hybrid Rebel, Ewok team. The Ewoks have tons of special, non attacking moves...

Ackbar (L)
    Luke/ Biggs/ ST Han
    Chirpa
    Teebo
    Elder/ Rebel DPS toon

When ever the Ewoks use thier specials Ackbar or your other rebel will get a shot in. You could revive someone and still get an attack. Also, the speed for ST Han could trigger his taunt early, giving the TM advantage even earlier. I have been playing around with some hybrid team and it has gone fairly well.
  • Options
    What about Leia in the 5th? I've got a guildie with all 7* Ewok squad, and he swears by Leia in that 5th.
  • Options
    What about Leia in the 5th? I've got a guildie with all 7* Ewok squad, and he swears by Leia in that 5th.

Leah sounds like a great choice, I just haven't been lucky enough to pick her yet. :(
  • Options
    What about a hybrid Rebel, Ewok team. The Ewoks have tons of special, non attacking moves...

Ackbar (L)
    Luke/ Biggs/ ST Han
    Chirpa
    Teebo
    Elder/ Rebel DPS toon

When ever the Ewoks use thier specials Ackbar or your other rebel will get a shot in. You could revive someone and still get an attack. Also, the speed for ST Han could trigger his taunt early, giving the TM advantage even earlier. I have been playing around with some hybrid team and it has gone fairly well.

It sounds like a lot of fun to be honest, I've been working on building up my Rebel's so far too so I should have a confirmation soon. :-)
  • MirthYaywalker
    122 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Ackbar (L)
    Luke/ Biggs/ ST Han
    Chirpa
    Teebo
    Elder/ Rebel DPS toon

I'm using Ackbar (L), Leia, Elder, Daka, RG

On offense they are very effective. The key is having only one other rebel in Leia. This means every time Ackbar uses a special Leia assists. Every time Daka/elder/RG uses a special Leia or Ackbar shoots. Ackbar and Leia basics grant self TM (Leia needs Omega for this). Its a Gatling laser of a team. I've been firing off elder and Daka heals even with full health/protection as an additional assist attack. Usually the cool down has reset by the time a heal is needed...

Ackbar/Leia pairup is really amazing now, I imagine there are some very effective combos yet to be discovered and I think it will become meta. Put Rey in there and she can do two consecutive specials after the Leia assist on tactical genius for example. Old Ben in there to protect stealth Leia and get an assist on mind trick. Maybe even JC will make a comeback with his low cool down heal/assists!

I have an idea to build up Ackbar (L), Leia, Old Ben, Chewie, RG which I think will be killer on defense. With Leia in perma stealth, both chewie taunt and self heal specials will activate assists. RG protection and mind trick assist too. Would be a very tough nut to crack.
  • Options

Ackbar (L)
    Luke/ Biggs/ ST Han
    Chirpa
    Teebo
    Elder/ Rebel DPS toon

I'm using Ackbar (L), Leia, Elder, Daka, RG

On offense they are very effective. The key is having only one other rebel in Leia. This means every time Ackbar uses a special Leia assists. Every time Daka/elder/RG uses a special Leia or Ackbar shoots. Ackbar and Leia basics grant self TM (Leia needs Omega for this). Its a Gatling laser of a team. I've been firing off elder and Daka heals even with full health/protection as an additional assist attack. Usually the cool down has reset by the time a heal is needed...

Ackbar/Leia pairup is really amazing now, I imagine there are some very effective combos yet to be discovered and I think it will become meta. Put Rey in there and she can do two consecutive specials after the Leia assist on tactical genius for example. Old Ben in there to protect stealth Leia and get an assist on mind trick. Maybe even JC will make a comeback with his low cool down heal/assists!

I have an idea to build up Ackbar (L), Leia, Old Ben, Chewie, RG which I think will be killer on defense. With Leia in perma stealth, both chewie taunt and self heal specials will activate assists. RG protection and mind trick assist too. Would be a very tough nut to crack.

I don't have Leia, but I've already tried Ben. Unfortunately, he does not get any assists from Ackbar. Neither does Asajj, and I'm assuming that grenade abilities will similarly also not trigger the assists.
  • Options
    I guess anything that interacts with the other team in some way is considered an attack, including debuffs.
  • Options
    I guess anything that interacts with the other team in some way is considered an attack, including debuffs.

For Ackbar's ability, that"s what I am guessing. Oddly enough, I don't believe any of them can proc Phasma assists, though, which trigger on attacks.
  • Ello_Asty
    562 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Ewoks will get you pretty far but they aren't top tier. They don't have enough dps so like a clone team will take draw - ewoks can't beat them fast enough. But, they won't lose often either unless Elder gets OSK'd by Rey or something unlucky. On defense you can expect that to happen. The important thing though is that you are having fun with them. My wife would giggle like a school girl as I let her play the ewok challenges, she loves them. They are something to play with, very unique, and should have been wookies in the movie!!!!
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • HurricaneEwok
    39 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Ello_Asty wrote: »
    Ewoks will get you pretty far but they aren't top tier. They don't have enough dps so like a clone team will take draw - ewoks can't beat them fast enough. But, they won't lose often either unless Elder gets OSK'd by Rey or something unlucky. On defense you can expect that to happen. The important thing though is that you are having fun with them. My wife would giggle like a school girl as I let her play the ewok challenges, she loves them. They are something to play with, very unique, and should have been wookies in the movie!!!!

To be honest man I haven't had any problems with running out of time. No matter how much health they have. They make up for lack of DPS by killing the turn meters, all you need to do is take one guy out and then you can focus fire and auto-kill the other team all the way to the end. I've beaten teams 6500 sp higher than me. :smile:
  • Options
    It's not that people don't understand the true power of the Ewoks in SWGOH, it's just that there's no way level 2 of them up at anything near reasonable speed without lots of $$$ and being favoured by RNGesus.
  • Options
    Ello_Asty wrote: »

To be honest man I haven't had any problems with running out of time. No matter how much health they have. They make up for lack of DPS by killing the turn meters, all you need to do is take one guy out and then you can focus fire and auto-kill the other team all the way to the end. I've beaten teams 6500 sp higher than me. :smile:

You've got an early-game ewok team performing at mid-game level. I've seen them in the top tier arena matches. They can win but you have to work quickly against beefy teams and use Han instead of RG. I'm not convinced they can take a meta team very often, either. They won't give you a chance to get started and use that meter manipulation. I'm not trying to burst your bubble - they will take you a LONG ways and are fun to use and that is the most important thing. I use a meta team to keep my top 10 overnight, but I enjoy using rebels & scoundrels right now since my resistance team continually gets nerfed to hell.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi