Crystal purchases of full gear items in Shipments

Replies

• JothamFeyt
    23 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Great now I notice this rubbish, your update stole my high level gear.in order to make the MK 5 cec fusion furnace for the first order tie pilot, in gear level 8, you need 20 Mk3 sienar holo protector salvage in order to craft 1 Mk3 SHP whole, well before the update I did exactly that had 1 crafted and was working on the rest of the gear, which seems to be OK but my whole mk3 SHP is gone now.
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • Options
    These prices are rediculess. There's no end to EA greed...
  • WDW
    23 posts Member
    Options
    Hi @CG_JohnSalera

Thanks for explaining. I love the game and the changes never moaned once about it. I think you just have to adjust but one thing I am genuinely concerned about is the ability to increase gear level. I understand the reasons behind making certain pieces a premium currency and that's fine for those that want to invest to that level. However I am concerned with the alternative left for everyone else.

As you know it takes a long time to farm 50 purple pieces but some of this gear is now only obtainable in the Rancor event which is likely to be once every other day. And within that it's only a chance of getting the correct gear item from a potential pool of 20 odd choices. I don't mind the grind don't even mind making it harder to obtain these pieces but i don't believe it should be impossible close to impossible

There is a current issue where people had pre crafted gear which is a huge advantage to them plus as we get ever closer to level 80 that advantage increases with little hope for people to catch up.

I respect your need for a business model and no worries for those that can purchase it's a good idea to help people make progress but I also believe there should be a form of solution for eveyone else.

Many thanks and keep up the good work
    WDW
  • Options
    Ugluk wrote: »
    I have a Mk3 Chedak Commlink in my store right now, for 545 crystals, that does look like a full piece of gear. It isn't a prototype. I did see a Mk3 Chedak Commlink Prototype earlier today for 273 crystals though - but it looked suspicious to me, not like a full piece of gear.

I have a feeling there's a bunch of stuff for sale that isn't actual useable gear?

KQfFO9V.png

Well according to my characters gear screen, you need 20 mk3 chedack comlinks to make 1 prototype. I thought that 273 crystals for the prototype was a fair price so i got it- turns out it is a dud.

If EA want people to spend actual money on crystals in the future, they need to give us faith that we will actually recieve the items we use the crystals for- otherwise its a con!
  • quigonkenny
    240 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I have a Mk3 Chedak Commlink in my store right now, for 545 crystals, that does look like a full piece of gear. It isn't a prototype. I did see a Mk3 Chedak Commlink Prototype earlier today for 273 crystals though - but it looked suspicious to me, not like a full piece of gear.

I have a feeling there's a bunch of stuff for sale that isn't actual useable gear?

KQfFO9V.png
    Mk V Nubian Design Tech Prototype looks like a partial item, but it is in fact what you get from 20 Mk V Nubian Design Tech Prototype Salvage parts. I accidentally bought that one today, thinking it was in with the Credits parts. Was a bit upset at the time, but the 500 Credit apology (for connection issues I never personally had), as well as the quick placement fix on the next Shipments refresh made me not care quite so much.

If I have to spend Crystals on gear, spending 273 on a Purple part that I would have to get 20 successful pulls to get could certainly be worse. Even spending that much on extra Energy refreshes over three days (comes out to 82 Sims at 8 a pop, if I did my math right), there's still a good chance I wouldn't have it. I'd have extra cash and other parts, but it's a given that you miss out on those when spending Crystals on parts. The four-digit prices are pretty much nuts, though. Either they'll get some whales with more money than sense to buy them, or no one will and the prices will drop.

Of my toons, it looks like only Daka (part of one of her Tier IX gear) and NS Acolyte (Tier VII) get any use out of it at this point, but at least I am getting something out of it.

Don't know as much about the other parts (except for the Chedak, obviously), but I'm pretty sure all of the Prototype (non-Salvage) parts are full parts (or at worst, parts you need to combine with different parts and not 1/5, 1/20, or 1/50 parts). Whether you'll need them is up to your progression, though.
  • Options
    There is a MK 5 A/KT Stun Gun Prototype in my shipments going for 1274. That is not the completed stun gun correct? 1274 for 1/50 seems a bit much.
  • Options
    @CG_JohnSalera

FYI, I've had to open a help ticket. Some of the completed gear items I purchased have not shown up in my inventory. Specifically the MK V Fusion Furnace.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_JohnSalera There seems to be a ton of confusion on what is pre crafted and what is not. Can you add something on the items to make this clear? I agree it is confusing whether we are being offered a pre crafted 50 of some thing or 1/50th of something.

Thanks for the update, would love to see guild raid rewards changed though.

I spent hours recruiting solid members for our guild and getting quality individuals that I like to play with only to find that after all my efforts I'm on the bottom of the guild in power (level 72 vs a lot of 76-77) and that it makes no sense anymore to play with people I want to play with and instead would make more sense to go find a different guild. We are a no drama guild and those on the bottom will always want to move. Please change this!!!

Thanks,
  • Options
    J0K3R wrote: »
    AdamW wrote: »
    Do you guys use Humans to test this game?

Dont worry. No humans were hurt in the process

Are you sure?... I may need a proof.
  • Ugluk
    274 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Amorgan wrote: »
    Well according to my characters gear screen, you need 20 mk3 chedack comlinks to make 1 prototype. I thought that 273 crystals for the prototype was a fair price so i got it- turns out it is a dud.
    So why is a complete mk3 chedak comlink (as seen in my image above) worth 545 crystals? I believe when we combine salvage into the finished product, we never actually see the "prototype" item. So why are we being sold it? The fact that you can't seem to do anything with the piece seems to indicate we've got a problem here.
  • brad83
    60 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    yup. i accidentally bought one for 1400 crystals... i usually just buy all of the shipment items, even if not needed atm, but didnt realise it was crystals till too late... was soooooo annoyed

• Options
    Apostilo wrote: »
    Hello everyone –

One of the hot topics right now is that people did not notice there are now full pieces of gear appearing in the Shipments for premium currency (e.g., Crystals).

Some players have gone ahead and purchased those items but didn’t notice they were spending premium currency.

We have just posted an update which includes a change to sort the premium currency items to the top of the list and the items for non-premium currency at the bottom.

To see this change, you will either have to wait for your Shipments to refresh automatically when its current timer expires, or use the Refresh button to refresh it immediately.

Note that using the Refresh button does cost 50 Crystals.

Thanks.

Hei mate, your sarcasm is not well placed ... we know the refresh cost 50 crystals as it is well placed button - distinct from all other buttons , which cost credits .

It was not the same situation with mixing crystals gear and credit gear in no order and you guys admited you did it wrong before by sorting the gear now.

Anyway - will you be able to provide us now with more vital information about if EA is considering to do something about this hot topic and a bunch of players who autobought this unsorted gear or it will be considered players own mistake and end of story? If there is a good will on this matter by EA and there is a way to correct this mistake of ours - please advice us what to do exactly ? Contacting customer support didn`t help ... posting in forums resolved into EA sorting the gear - nice /they should do it before so many people waste their crystals... / , but are they considering to compensate and make those players happy again ?

Thank you in advance for your kind cooperation. I perfectly know the blame for what happened is totaly on us , who were not reading correctly what we buy ... but too excited from the biggest update, guilds, new information, changes in all shipments, new characters in shipments that messed the order we are used to since months .... all of this was the reason for so many people make a simple mistake , that costed too much ..

Best post of the thread. Well spoken.
  • Options
    Hello, John.
    It's awesome that you are taking the time to reply to people.
    I for one wasn't paying attention and spent 1500 crystals on an item, I can't even use.
    Is there anyway people would be able to get the crystals back?
    Leader and co-founder of BHG
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Uh, I currently have one shipment that is just a component, not a full item, listed for 273 crystals. It is sandwiched between 2 other items that actually are full items.

This is confusing to say the least.

Once again I am left baffled at how the devs put out changes thst are bugged and/or confusing and/or hated by players, rather than soliciting input ahead of time, which would save CG money and everyone hassle.

It is approaching half a year. Please implement a beta program. It is desperately needed.

Those are very nice (for p2p it's heaven). For instance, let's say you are trying to craft an Mk5 Nubian design tech...that requires laptops, MK4 stun gun and Mk5 nubian design tech prototype. If you are lacking one part of the item, the mk5 nubian design tech prototype in this case, you can buy it for crystals, instead of buying the whole thing. Which you can also do.
  • Ugluk
    274 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »

Those are very nice (for p2p it's heaven). For instance, let's say you are trying to craft an Mk5 Nubian design tech...that requires laptops, MK4 stun gun and Mk5 nubian design tech prototype. If you are lacking one part of the item, the mk5 nubian design tech prototype in this case, you can buy it for crystals, instead of buying the whole thing. Which you can also do.

Oh I see, the prototype pieces can only be used as part of a recipe? But not the whole thing? That makes more sense, thanks.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »

Oh I see, the prototype pieces can only be used as part of a recipe? But not the whole thing? That makes more sense, thanks.

Yes and are therefore cheaper than the whole thing.
  • Options
    1400 plus crystals for one full equipment.... is insane.

That's nearly $15. Holy shitballz of greed. And gah, if the accidental purchases happened to me.... I would be devastated. Ouch. The pain.

• Options
    thank god I always use my crystals or it could have happened to me. Personally I always do two energy refreshes a day and when I have more that 595 afterwards I buy the credits pack because I'm always short in credits, so I have never more than a 800 or so. I don't bother saving for chromiums or other stuff
  • Options
    When I saw the accusations of sarcasm, I read through the post again three times and failed to see any signs of sarcasm in a straightforward informational post. I assumed it must have referred to some comment by a player that had been deleted or something. Then when it became clear in the subsequent conversation that it really was intended for the obviously not sarcastic post, I was amazed. Is it really that hard to give someone the benefit of the doubt that they're trying to be helpful, especially when there are exactly zero signs of sarcasm in the thing you're pointing to?
  • Options
    Even if they had released the full notes in painstaking detail, I'm guessing only 5% of the player base even reads them. Maybe less. Even forum users don't even read the notes, we've had posts on this forum about "why are counter attacks being intercepted by RG?". And that's clear in the notes.

I really don't see the problem here. It's certainly better now that EA/CG has organized the shipment screen, but credits and crystals look nothing alike. And given that things were out of order a normal human would look and read to see what's different.

If people were careless, that seems like their problem, not EA/CG's.
  • BamBam
    280 posts Member
    Options
    I'm actually very happy about this. Though I would probably never buy something that expensive, I'm glad that whales have another opportunity to buy something nice and time saving. Thanks dev team!
  • Options
    And like I said earlier, we never anticipated this would be an issue. But since people were getting confused, we figured sorting this way would be the quickest solution.

It should have been because it involves actual $$. In my industry, such a serious UI error could result in a Federal Investigation and fines.
  • Options
    Is there a something wrong with this picture? Or does this look correct? This was after the fix to put all crystal gear on top as well.

vujcwzB.png
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Options
    I was so used to buying gear with credits that I ended up spending around 3000 crystals before realizing it had been changed...this was nearly all of my crystals at the time is there no possibility of getting those back...this was pretty painful
  • Blev08
    141 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    So, this is in other games (well PC games anyways, I don't have a lot of mobile game experience), but considering this issue, it may be time to bring back the Sell Items Window, and allow for a grace period of a particular length in which if we accidentally purchased something, we can sell it back and regain the full amount of currency we accidentally spent.

Look accidents happen. Being able to rectify our mistakes on our own is a much better option. Having no recourse just leaves everyone upset and frustrated.
  • Options
    I lucked out I guess. I only bought a 500 crystal item before I caught it. I noticed it as soon as I pressed the confirm button (auto reflex of just buying items only in the shop). They knew what they were doing when they made this change.
  • Biel_Starboy
    385 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    As promised:

Cm7WYYs.png

This was taken moments ago so it is since the update.

The left and right items here are full items. The middle item is 1/20 of an item. They have similar prices.
    And while we're on the topic, 1400 crystals for one item for one character is more than a little absurd.

@CG_JohnSalera @EA_Jesse The pricing of 1400 is really absurd. It should be at most 500 crystals. It just shows your player base how greedy EA/CG is becoming. Take a step back and rethink a few things. Your already made a huge gap between players who pre crafted and the ones that didnt. Now gear is only available for those prices? Come on now! Is this a F2P or P2P game?
    Bad game management here
  • Options
    where they are placed is of no relevance, theres a big purple crystal looking thing that suggests you would be buying for premium currency. jeez, why does everyone have to be spoon fed everything, use some fricking common sense and your eyes.
  • Options
    Predian wrote: »
    Even if they had released the full notes in painstaking detail, I'm guessing only 5% of the player base even reads them. Maybe less. Even forum users don't even read the notes, we've had posts on this forum about "why are counter attacks being intercepted by RG?". And that's clear in the notes.

I really don't see the problem here. It's certainly better now that EA/CG has organized the shipment screen, but credits and crystals look nothing alike. And given that things were out of order a normal human would look and read to see what's different.

If people were careless, that seems like their problem, not EA/CG's.

See the pictures I posted and tell me if the last item (the lonely item down-left) doesn't look like a item you usually purchase with credits, as everyone did before the update. Specially when all the crystal priced items were together on the first row.
    Before defending with that passion a company that made a shady move, put yourself in the situation of the other customers and don't think only on yourself. Try to be a little less selfish next time. I'm saying you this with respect.
    I wasn't affected with the pre raft thing but I understood the position of the people affected.
This discussion has been closed.